IRC log of dap on 2012-03-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:44:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:44:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/14-dap-irc
13:44:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:44:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:44:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:44:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
13:44:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:44:39 [trackbot]
Date: 14 March 2012
13:45:43 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0081.html
13:47:04 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:47:19 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:51:19 [fjh]
Regrets+ Claes_Nilsson, Travis_Leithead, Sylvain_lalande, Anssi Kostiainen
13:52:39 [dcheng3]
dcheng3 has joined #dap
13:56:21 [dtran]
dtran has joined #dap
13:56:29 [dtran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
13:57:15 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:57:16 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref
13:58:14 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
13:58:45 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:58:47 [Zakim]
-??P5
13:58:47 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:58:57 [bryan]
bryan has joined #dap
13:58:58 [fjh]
zakim, ??P5 is me
13:58:58 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:58:59 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, ??P5 is fjh
13:58:59 [Zakim]
I already had ??P5 as fjh, Josh_Soref
13:59:13 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, fjh
13:59:14 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bryan, dtran, dcheng3, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, glenn, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, richt, lgombos, trackbot, ilkka, mounir, rektide, hiroto_away, dom
13:59:16 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
13:59:16 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:00:05 [Zakim]
+dtran
14:00:18 [Zakim]
+??P7
14:00:27 [richt]
zakim, ??P7 is me
14:00:27 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
14:00:34 [Zakim]
+Bryan_Sullivan
14:00:36 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
14:00:56 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:00:57 [bryan]
present+ Bryan_Sullivan
14:01:05 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P10 is me
14:01:05 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:01:10 [Zakim]
+ +49.173.537.aaaa
14:01:16 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is making noise
14:01:18 [dcheng3]
Present+ Diana_Cheng
14:01:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', Josh_Soref
14:01:22 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is making noise?
14:01:27 [dcheng3]
zakim, aaaa is dcheng3
14:01:28 [Zakim]
+dcheng3; got it
14:01:33 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:01:54 [Zakim]
-Bryan_Sullivan
14:03:26 [dom]
Zakim, code?
14:03:26 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), dom
14:04:09 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:04:12 [dom]
Zakim, ??P16 is me
14:04:12 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:04:15 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:04:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/14-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:04:32 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes public
14:04:32 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', Josh_Soref. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:04:36 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:04:39 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), fjh, dtran (muted), richt, darobin (muted), dcheng3, dom
14:04:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bryan, dtran, dcheng3, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, glenn, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, richt, lgombos, trackbot, ilkka, mounir, rektide, hiroto_away, dom
14:04:47 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Agenda
14:04:52 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we have a bunch of new members
14:04:55 [Josh_Soref]
... i sent welcome messages
14:05:02 [Josh_Soref]
... we got one reply on list, and some off list
14:05:10 [Josh_Soref]
... we'll have some introductions at the F2F
14:05:24 [Josh_Soref]
... if anyone won't be at the F2F and wants to introduce themselves now, they can
14:05:37 [Josh_Soref]
... my apologies, for the delay in welcomes to some
14:05:49 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:05:49 [fjh]
volunteers for FileAPI review? (Last Call , http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/
14:06:02 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: If there's anyone who can review the file api
14:06:07 [Josh_Soref]
... that would be helpful to webapps
14:06:16 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i'd expect implementers to want to review this
14:06:19 [Josh_Soref]
... if they haven't already
14:06:27 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to note that i'm going to try to review this week...
14:06:36 [fjh]
ack Josh_Soref
14:06:38 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to note that i'm going to try to review this week...
14:06:42 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: darobin: why don't you send a message to the list?
14:07:07 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I'll try to review it this week
14:07:28 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Minutes Approva
14:07:29 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 7 March 2012
14:07:29 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/att-0039/minutes-2012-03-07.html
14:07:33 [Josh_Soref]
s/Approva/Approval/
14:07:58 [Josh_Soref]
Approve minutes from 7 March 2012
14:08:03 [Josh_Soref]
s/Approve minutes from 7 March 2012//
14:08:06 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Approve minutes from 7 March 2012
14:08:13 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: F2F
14:08:28 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: The host sent out a plea for people to confirm their status
14:08:30 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:08:30 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:08:40 [fjh]
** Registration necessary so hosts can prepare, even if from China ** : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0064.html
14:08:49 [Josh_Soref]
... they sent out a spreadsheet to attendees
14:08:50 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:08:51 [fjh]
Updated draft agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_20-22_March_2012,_Shenzhen,_China
14:09:01 [Josh_Soref]
... if you didn't get it or your items are wrong, please get them corrected
14:09:02 [fjh]
NFC wiki, http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Near_field_communications_(NFC) - thanks dsr
14:09:12 [fjh]
ACTION-505?
14:09:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-505 -- Robin Berjon to check on attendees for Web Intents -- due 2012-02-22 -- OPEN
14:09:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/505
14:09:18 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: darobin, i don't know what to do with that action
14:09:23 [Josh_Soref]
... did you get a chance to talk to them?
14:09:28 [darobin]
ACTION-505?
14:09:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-505 -- Robin Berjon to check on attendees for Web Intents -- due 2012-02-22 -- OPEN
14:09:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/505
14:09:40 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i believe i did that a couple of weeks ago
14:09:44 [fjh]
ACTION-505 closed
14:09:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-505 Check on attendees for Web Intents closed
14:09:45 [Josh_Soref]
... i don't believe i heard anything back
14:09:49 [Josh_Soref]
... maybe there was a problem?
14:10:00 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I think we have enough people registered
14:10:13 [Josh_Soref]
... it sounds like there were some surprises re: Video links
14:10:18 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: we won't have a video link
14:10:21 [Josh_Soref]
... we will have a phone link
14:10:32 [fjh]
Daylight savings time inconsistency during F2F - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0077.html
14:10:35 [Josh_Soref]
... as far as i understand, the WebIntents people who want to attend are in the spreadsheet
14:10:54 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: If you're planning to call in, please be aware of Daylight Saving Time confusion for the week
14:11:04 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: one good thing is that China only has one time zone
14:11:14 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: hopefully everyone who is going has their visas in place
14:11:30 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: for the last day, the hosts were planning to organize a visit to the Huawei facilities around 4pm
14:11:41 [Josh_Soref]
... from what i've been told, it's really huge and quite interesting
14:11:52 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think they need an idea of how much interest there is
14:11:55 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to note that i'm interested
14:12:07 [fjh]
ack Josh_Soref
14:12:08 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to note that i'm interested
14:12:16 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I'm interested in it
14:12:20 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:12:20 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:12:39 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Sensor API and DeviceOrientation
14:12:44 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0043.html (Dzung Tran)
14:12:44 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0053.html
14:12:47 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there's been a lot of discussion on the list
14:12:50 [Josh_Soref]
... i think it's still ongoing
14:12:58 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm behind on my reading
14:13:04 [glenn]
+Present glenn (irc only)
14:13:05 [Josh_Soref]
... if someone is current and can summarize
14:13:23 [Josh_Soref]
dtran: i checked in edits for the latest round of comments on the spec
14:13:41 [Josh_Soref]
... there's some concerns about DeviceOrientation relating to the GeoLocation WG API
14:13:53 [Josh_Soref]
... so either we feed that information back to the GeoLocation WG
14:13:58 [Josh_Soref]
... or we leave it in our API
14:14:16 [Josh_Soref]
... I think there's some comment on getting the requirement to the GeoLocation WG
14:14:27 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: you did the edits of all the agreeable stuff
14:14:32 [Josh_Soref]
... you removed the duplicated bits
14:14:46 [Josh_Soref]
... and the list has requirements which could/should be shared to the GeoLocation WG
14:14:52 [Josh_Soref]
... but that hasn't been done yet
14:14:56 [Josh_Soref]
dtran: right
14:15:00 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: who has an action to do that?
14:15:05 [Josh_Soref]
dtran: either bryan or myself
14:15:10 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:15:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), fjh, dtran, richt, darobin (muted), dcheng3, dom, Cathy
14:15:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, bryan, dtran, dcheng3, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, glenn, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, richt, lgombos, trackbot, ilkka, mounir, rektide, hiroto_away, dom
14:15:13 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there must have been an action
14:15:28 [fjh]
note - check who has action to contact geolocation, bryan or dzung tran
14:15:29 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'll make a note to look into that
14:15:48 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Network API update
14:15:52 [SungOk_You]
SungOk_You has joined #dap
14:15:55 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: that was something we didn't talk about last time
14:16:00 [fjh]
WebKit, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0064.html (Gyuyoung Kim)
14:16:01 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0076.html (Mounir)
14:16:01 [fjh]
Actions: ACTION-411?, ACTION-474?, ACTION-476?
14:16:01 [Josh_Soref]
... i don't think we had the right people on the call
14:16:11 [Josh_Soref]
... for those not on that call
14:16:15 [fjh]
ACTION-411?
14:16:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-411 -- Robin Berjon to reply to Jo about NetInfo -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN
14:16:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/411
14:16:21 [Josh_Soref]
... there's stuff going into webkit
14:16:22 [fjh]
ACTION-474?
14:16:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-474 -- Adrian Bateman to make a proposal for Network Information API -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:16:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/474
14:16:29 [darobin]
close ACTION-411
14:16:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-411 Reply to Jo about NetInfo closed
14:16:31 [Josh_Soref]
... darobin: some of these actions are ancient
14:16:32 [fjh]
ACTION-476?
14:16:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-476 -- Robin Berjon to aCTION sicking to propose a new Network Info -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:16:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/476
14:16:34 [Josh_Soref]
... i closed out some of them
14:16:43 [Josh_Soref]
... darobin : you had two here that i think can be closed
14:16:49 [darobin]
close ACTION-476
14:16:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-476 ACTION sicking to propose a new Network Info closed
14:16:49 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: right, ACTION-411 can be closed
14:16:54 [Josh_Soref]
... it's overtaken by events
14:17:10 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there's one to Adrian
14:17:17 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i think we should leave that open
14:17:35 [Josh_Soref]
... when we gave him the action, he had specific feedback from developers on microsoft's platform
14:17:42 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:17:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), fjh, dtran (muted), richt, darobin, dcheng3, dom, Cathy
14:17:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see SungOk_You, Cathy, bryan, dtran, dcheng3, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, glenn, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, richt, lgombos, trackbot, ilkka, mounir, rektide, hiroto_away,
14:17:45 [Zakim]
... dom
14:17:49 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to ask if my action was closed?
14:18:08 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i think the action on adrian was really on travis, who wasn't targetable
14:18:10 [SungOk_You]
SungOk_You+
14:18:19 [Josh_Soref]
s/SungOk_You+//
14:18:22 [Josh_Soref]
Present+ SungOk_You
14:18:27 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Battery, Vibration CR
14:18:31 [fjh]
All LC issues formally closed.
14:18:31 [fjh]
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-battery-status-20111129/doc/
14:18:32 [fjh]
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-vibration-20120202/doc/
14:18:42 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: XXX
14:18:48 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Network Service Discovery
14:18:52 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:18:54 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there was an email about advertising
14:19:01 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0052.html
14:19:02 [glenn]
zakim, ??p19 is me
14:19:02 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
14:19:20 [Josh_Soref]
s/XXX/I'll look into scheduling the transition call for CR/
14:19:41 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I don't think we have people on the call who can talk about that
14:19:44 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Other API discussion
14:19:46 [darobin]
s/XXX/I'll sort it out with Dave offline/
14:19:57 [Josh_Soref]
s/call/call with dsr/
14:20:04 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: richt, I don't know what you've been doing
14:20:14 [Josh_Soref]
richt: we have some stuff but it isn't formally submitted
14:20:20 [Josh_Soref]
... we've been hijacking the mailing list
14:20:33 [Josh_Soref]
... i'd like to have other browsers on board before proposing it
14:20:41 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: so we'll just let the discussion go
14:20:44 [Josh_Soref]
richt: I think so
14:20:50 [Josh_Soref]
... it's a hacking mentality right now
14:21:01 [Josh_Soref]
... and we'll see if we get interest from other vendors
14:21:07 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: did you have anything else to discuss?
14:21:08 [Josh_Soref]
q?
14:21:11 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: no
14:21:14 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
14:21:15 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to ask if my action was closed?
14:21:18 [fjh]
ack Josh_Soref
14:22:21 [fjh]
ACTION-475 closed
14:22:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-475 Propose a new Network Info closed
14:22:24 [Josh_Soref]
i/Battery, Vibration/Josh_Soref: fjh, don't forget to close my action/
14:22:26 [Zakim]
-glenn
14:22:31 [Josh_Soref]
[ Adjourned ]
14:22:36 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:22:36 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:22:36 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Josh_Soref, fjh, dtran, richt, Bryan_Sullivan, darobin, +49.173.537.aaaa, dcheng3, dom, Cathy, glenn
14:22:44 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:22:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/14-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:22:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:22:45 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/14-dap-actions.rdf :
14:22:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: s to ACTION-411?, ACTION-474?, ACTION-476? [1]
14:22:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/14-dap-irc#T14-16-01-1