IRC log of webrtc on 2012-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:50:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webrtc
15:50:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-irc
15:50:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:50:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webrtc
15:50:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:50:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:50:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Real-Time Communications Working Group Teleconference
15:50:39 [trackbot]
Date: 13 March 2012
15:50:47 [dom]
Zakim, this will be RTC
15:50:47 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see UW_Web RTC()12:00PM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
15:50:52 [hta]
good <whatever time it is> everyone. According to my understanding, the call will start in 10 minutes.
15:51:12 [hta]
hello dom, good to see you!
15:51:25 [dom]
good to "see" you as well, hta :)
15:51:30 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2012Mar/0044.html
15:52:57 [dom]
dom has changed the topic to: WebRTC WG Teleconf March 13 - Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2012Mar/0044.html
15:53:55 [Zakim]
UW_Web RTC()12:00PM has now started
15:54:00 [fluffy]
fluffy has joined #webrtc
15:54:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.403.244.aaaa
15:56:12 [fluffy]
I am 1.403.244.aaaa
15:56:24 [DanD]
DanD has joined #webrtc
15:56:30 [Zakim]
+ +47.41.44.aabb
15:56:59 [Tim]
Tim has joined #webrtc
15:57:02 [hta]
zakim, aabb is Harald_Alvestrand
15:57:02 [Zakim]
+Harald_Alvestrand; got it
15:57:04 [fluffy]
I am +1.403.244.aaaa
15:57:09 [Zakim]
+Dan_Druta
15:57:16 [hta]
zakim, I am Harald_Alvestrand
15:57:16 [Zakim]
ok, hta, I now associate you with Harald_Alvestrand
15:57:34 [hta]
zakim, aaaa is Cullen_Jennings
15:57:34 [Zakim]
+Cullen_Jennings; got it
15:57:36 [fluffy]
zakim, I am aaaa
15:57:36 [Zakim]
sorry, fluffy, I do not see a party named 'aaaa'
15:57:52 [Zakim]
+[Mozilla]
15:58:03 [hta]
cullen, say "I am Cullen_Jennings"....
15:58:25 [fluffy]
zakim, I am Cullen_Jennings
15:58:25 [Zakim]
ok, fluffy, I now associate you with Cullen_Jennings
15:58:27 [stefanh]
stefanh has joined #webrtc
15:58:35 [Zakim]
+Dom
15:58:36 [li]
li has joined #webrtc
15:59:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.908.541.aacc
15:59:50 [Zakim]
+??P29
16:00:07 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.14.aadd
16:00:23 [li]
aacc is li
16:00:26 [Tim]
zakim, I am Tim Panton
16:00:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I am Tim Panton', Tim
16:00:30 [stefanh]
zakim, aadd is stefanh
16:00:30 [Zakim]
+stefanh; got it
16:00:46 [li]
zakim, aacc is li
16:00:46 [Zakim]
+li; got it
16:00:48 [hta]
tim, try Tim_Panton - it seems to not tolerate spaces.
16:00:57 [stefanh]
agenda proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2012Mar/0044.html
16:01:29 [Tim]
zakim, ??P29 is TimPanton
16:01:29 [Zakim]
+TimPanton; got it
16:01:31 [dom]
Zakim, mute me
16:01:31 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
16:01:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.575.aaee
16:01:49 [Tim]
zakim, I am TimPanton
16:01:49 [Zakim]
ok, Tim, I now associate you with TimPanton
16:02:09 [hta]
zakim, who is on?
16:02:09 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, hta.
16:02:15 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.14.aaff
16:02:29 [juberti]
juberti has joined #webrtc
16:02:37 [Zakim]
+moustafa
16:02:50 [juberti]
Zakim, who is here
16:02:51 [Zakim]
juberti, you need to end that query with '?'
16:02:56 [juberti]
Zakim, who is here?
16:02:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cullen_Jennings, Harald_Alvestrand, Dan_Druta, [Mozilla], Dom (muted), li, TimPanton, stefanh, +1.617.575.aaee, +46.1.07.14.aaff, moustafa
16:02:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see juberti, li, stefanh, Tim, DanD, fluffy, Zakim, RRSAgent, hta, Gang, Josh_Soref, richt, ed, trackbot, derf, rektide, dom
16:03:04 [ceyrigno]
ceyrigno has joined #webrtc
16:03:06 [juberti]
Zakim, aaee is juberti
16:03:06 [Zakim]
+juberti; got it
16:03:26 [DanD]
DanD is Dan_Druta
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+ +49.897.007.3.aagg
16:03:39 [ceyrigno]
Present+ Christophe_Eyrignoux
16:03:44 [stefanh]
stefanh is Stefan_Hakansson
16:04:22 [adambe]
adambe has joined #webrtc
16:04:38 [stefanh]
zakim, aaff is adambe
16:04:38 [Zakim]
+adambe; got it
16:04:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.610.889.aahh
16:05:12 [hta]
zakim, aahh is Randell_Jesup
16:05:12 [Zakim]
+Randell_Jesup; got it
16:05:40 [hta]
zakim, who is here?
16:05:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cullen_Jennings, Harald_Alvestrand, Dan_Druta, [Mozilla], Dom (muted), li, TimPanton, stefanh, juberti, adambe, moustafa, +49.897.007.3.aagg, Randell_Jesup
16:05:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see adambe, ceyrigno, juberti, li, stefanh, Tim, DanD, fluffy, Zakim, RRSAgent, hta, Gang, Josh_Soref, richt, ed, trackbot, derf, rektide, dom
16:05:57 [nstratford]
nstratford has joined #webrtc
16:06:17 [jesup]
jesup has joined #webrtc
16:06:28 [ceyrigno]
ceyrigno is Christophe_Eyrignoux
16:06:44 [hta]
zakim, ceyrigno is Christophe_Eyrignoux
16:06:44 [Zakim]
sorry, hta, I do not recognize a party named 'ceyrigno'
16:07:02 [helga]
helga has joined #webrtc
16:07:05 [dom]
ceyrigno, are actually you on the phone?
16:07:20 [fluffy]
This IRC + zakim really brings back fond memories of zork
16:08:04 [dom]
Zakim, moustafa is really ceyrigno
16:08:04 [Zakim]
+ceyrigno; got it
16:08:48 [Zakim]
+??P18
16:09:07 [nstratford]
Zakim, ??P18 is me
16:09:07 [Zakim]
+nstratford; got it
16:09:34 [stefanh]
adambe
16:09:35 [dom]
ScribeNick: adambe
16:10:00 [adambe]
hta: there's one more agenda item
16:10:14 [adambe]
hta: we should officially aprove the minutes from the last meeting
16:10:24 [adambe]
hta: no objections
16:10:34 [stefanh]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/track/actions/open
16:10:56 [adambe]
stefanh: first three open ones 11, 12 and 13
16:10:56 [dom]
ACTION-11?
16:10:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-11 -- Daniel Burnett to add Hints API to API spec -- due 2012-01-12 -- OPEN
16:10:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/track/actions/11
16:10:58 [dom]
ACTION-12?
16:10:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-12 -- Daniel Burnett to add Stats API to API spec -- due 2012-01-20 -- OPEN
16:10:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/track/actions/12
16:10:59 [dom]
ACTION-13?
16:11:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 -- Daniel Burnett to add Capabilities API to API spec -- due 2011-12-12 -- OPEN
16:11:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/track/actions/13
16:11:20 [adambe]
stefanh: the three APs are on Dan
16:11:47 [adambe]
stefanh: We have discussed the capabilities/contraints proposal in the media capture TF
16:12:04 [adambe]
stefanh: next task is on Dan Druta
16:12:23 [dom]
close ACTION-15
16:12:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 Look into mechanisms to handle incoming notifications, and report to WG closed
16:13:14 [adambe]
DanD: stefanh initiated a mail thread on webapps saying that the webrtc group is interested in push notifications and the work shold be done in webapps
16:13:16 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012JanMar/1077.html "Regarding app notification and wake up" thread on public-webapps
16:13:28 [Zakim]
+??P30
16:13:29 [dom]
ACTION-15: see public-webapps thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012JanMar/1077.html
16:13:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 Look into mechanisms to handle incoming notifications, and report to WG notes added
16:13:35 [adambe]
stefanh: next item is on ekr
16:13:46 [richt]
zakim, P30 is me
16:13:46 [Zakim]
sorry, richt, I do not recognize a party named 'P30'
16:13:55 [adambe]
stefanh: it has been discussed in the IETF group
16:13:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.391.aaii
16:14:11 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
16:14:32 [hta]
Rescorla's draft: draft-rescorla-rtcweb-generic-idp-01
16:14:33 [adambe]
hta: ekr's draft just came out in a new version
16:14:43 [adambe]
stefanh: I think we sholud close this action
16:14:43 [Zakim]
-Cullen_Jennings
16:14:54 [fluffy]
just got discconned - will dial back in
16:14:54 [adambe]
stefanh: and open a new one if we need to do further work
16:14:58 [adambe]
hta: yes, close it
16:15:30 [jesup]
I'm at a 1-610 number; how do I tell zakim?
16:15:37 [Zakim]
+Cullen_Jennings
16:15:54 [hta]
zakim, who is here?
16:15:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Harald_Alvestrand, Dan_Druta, [Mozilla], Dom (muted), li, TimPanton, stefanh, juberti, adambe, ceyrigno, +49.897.007.3.aagg, Randell_Jesup, nstratford, richt,
16:15:55 [adambe]
stefanh: next action 18, is on me
16:15:58 [Zakim]
... +1.650.391.aaii, Cullen_Jennings
16:15:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see helga, jesup, nstratford, adambe, ceyrigno, juberti, li, stefanh, Tim, DanD, fluffy, Zakim, RRSAgent, hta, Gang, Josh_Soref, richt, ed, trackbot, derf, rektide, dom
16:16:06 [hta]
Randell, you're already identified.
16:16:10 [adambe]
stefanh: It's about contacting the media capture TF
16:16:37 [adambe]
stefanh: It's not done yet
16:16:57 [adambe]
s/media capture TF/Web & TV interest group/
16:17:17 [adambe]
stefanh: next one is on me (21)
16:17:28 [dom]
ACTION-21?
16:17:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Stefan HÃ¥kansson to ensure that Randell get the echo cancellation into the spec -- due 2011-12-22 -- OPEN
16:17:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/track/actions/21
16:17:34 [adambe]
stefanh: ensure that Randall gets echo cancellation into the spec
16:18:07 [jesup]
me
16:18:16 [dom]
-> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15747 Echo cancellation API bug in Bugzilla
16:18:26 [adambe]
jesup: I've created an issue in the bug tracker
16:18:27 [hta]
zakim, jesup is Randell_Jesup
16:18:27 [Zakim]
sorry, hta, I do not recognize a party named 'jesup'
16:18:54 [adambe]
stefanh: should we give fluffy the responsibility for the task previously assigned to jesup
16:19:01 [adambe]
stefanh: next task is on hta
16:19:35 [dom]
ACTION: fluffy to incorporate echo cancellation API based on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15747
16:19:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - fluffy
16:19:42 [dom]
ACTION: cullen to incorporate echo cancellation API based on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15747
16:19:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-34 - Incorporate echo cancellation API based on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15747 [on Cullen Jennings - due 2012-03-20].
16:19:56 [dom]
close ACTION-21
16:19:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 Ensure that Randell get the echo cancellation into the spec closed
16:19:58 [burn]
burn has joined #webrtc
16:20:23 [adambe]
stefanh: Task to change numeric constants to strings is on burn
16:20:26 [dom]
ACTION-21: see follow-up in ACTION-34
16:20:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 Ensure that Randell get the echo cancellation into the spec notes added
16:20:41 [Zakim]
+Dan_Burnett
16:20:44 [adambe]
stefanh: we skip actions 30 and 31 (jsep and Data API)
16:20:49 [burn]
zakim, I am Dan_Burnett
16:20:49 [Zakim]
ok, burn, I now associate you with Dan_Burnett
16:20:59 [adambe]
stefanh: action 32 is a followup on DanD's task
16:21:10 [dom]
close ACTION-32
16:21:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Contact webapps regarding push and notifications, saying it is important for webrtc and ask for webapps' plans closed
16:21:12 [adambe]
stefanh: it was on me and it's done, I propose we close it
16:21:26 [dom]
ACTION-32: see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012JanMar/1077.html
16:21:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Contact webapps regarding push and notifications, saying it is important for webrtc and ask for webapps' plans notes added
16:21:43 [adambe]
stefanh: ok, I guess we're done with the action
16:21:47 [adambe]
actions
16:22:01 [adambe]
fluffy: can we talk about the echo cancelation
16:22:05 [caryfitz]
caryfitz has joined #webrtc
16:22:19 [adambe]
fluffy: this is being incoperated in burn's contraints work
16:22:30 [jesup]
Ok, good, thanks
16:22:31 [adambe]
stefanh: I'll add a note about it into the bug
16:22:37 [adambe]
fluffy: ok
16:22:53 [adambe]
stefanh: I'll help dan with it
16:23:02 [adambe]
s/stefanh/fluffy/
16:23:20 [adambe]
burn: I will discuss it with fluffy
16:23:35 [adambe]
stefanh: next item is the API document
16:23:46 [adambe]
stefanh: I'll leave the floor to the editors
16:24:20 [adambe]
stefanh: we need a new scribe
16:24:33 [adambe]
(silence)
16:25:11 [hta]
harald offers to scribe.
16:25:40 [dom]
scribenick: juberti
16:25:45 [jesup]
Thanks
16:28:16 [juberti]
he is
16:29:39 [juberti]
cullen: New changes to spec - Data API and JSEP
16:29:49 [juberti]
cullen: data API is the main set of changes, going public this week
16:29:59 [juberti]
cullen: JSEP changes not going into main document, going into separate document
16:30:16 [juberti]
someone: Data API, is it what was discussed on list, i.e. alignment with WebSockets?
16:30:40 [juberti]
someone: Does it work exactly as WebSockets, with bufferedAmount
16:30:55 [hta]
draft-jesup-rtcweb-data-protocol-00.txt
16:31:06 [juberti]
randell: New channels don't need to be negotiated in SDP
16:31:12 [stefanh]
s/someone/adambe/
16:31:14 [dom]
-> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jesup-rtcweb-data-protocol-00 WebRTC Data Channel Protocol
16:31:20 [juberti]
thanks stefan
16:32:02 [juberti]
randell: no signaling is needed for data channel opens, but signaling needed to indicate the existence of the overall data channel
16:32:28 [juberti]
hta: Michael Tuexen has a draft for SDP desriptions of data channels
16:32:51 [juberti]
randell: Salvatore Loreto has a draft for SCTP over DTLS
16:33:27 [dom]
so the data channel API will be incorporated in the main spec? or as a separate one?
16:33:33 [juberti]
hta: there are enough drafts for the data part of the channel, and Adam has proposed a viable API for the data channel
16:33:40 [juberti]
hta: is that a proper summary?
16:33:44 [dom]
q+
16:33:45 [juberti]
group: yes
16:33:52 [stefanh]
in the main draft Dom
16:34:16 [juberti]
adambe: once we get data channel to certain level of maturity, can we use the bug tracker to advance the work?
16:34:22 [jesup]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-00.txt
16:34:35 [juberti]
cullen: can't log into bug tracker, we need to fix that first
16:34:55 [jesup]
cullen++
16:35:00 [juberti]
cullen: we need to have a discussion about what tools we are going to use and discuss on the list, pick one way of how we are going to do things
16:35:12 [dom]
ack me
16:35:34 [juberti]
dom: How will the data channel API be integrated into the WebRTC spec?
16:36:06 [juberti]
dom: planning to go to last call by end of 2Q 2012
16:36:20 [juberti]
dom: what is timeline for moving forward with all of these documents?
16:36:41 [juberti]
dom: Is the data API part of the main spec, or a separate doc?
16:36:51 [juberti]
someone: part of main spec
16:37:02 [juberti]
dom: will this inhibit our ability to move forward with the main spec?
16:37:32 [juberti]
hta: It's part of our regular work.
16:37:44 [juberti]
hta: Whether we're ready for last call, is another topic.
16:38:05 [juberti]
dom: If we can do modular specs, we can have less dependencies
16:38:33 [juberti]
cullen: There's not even an IETF WG document for how the signaling for data works
16:38:40 [juberti]
cullen: It's a long way from done.
16:39:05 [juberti]
randell: We have reasonable consensus on what should be done, but there's still a bunch of work to do.
16:39:24 [juberti]
hta: Next topic
16:39:41 [juberti]
adambe: We mentioned JSEP briefly (JSEP was 3.2, data was 3.3)
16:39:56 [juberti]
adambe: We're not going on to 4 yet.
16:40:05 [juberti]
hta: Dan Burnett isn't here
16:40:12 [juberti]
dan: I am here.
16:40:33 [dom]
Topic: JSEP support
16:40:36 [juberti]
dan: I'm about to send a draft to the list for caps/hints
16:41:09 [juberti]
cullen: Taking current IETF JSEP draft and mapping it as closely as possible into a new WebRTC API document
16:41:16 [dom]
i/scribenick: juberti/Topic: Data API/
16:41:31 [juberti]
cullen: I've branched the existing doc for the spec
16:41:43 [juberti]
cullen: Haven't gotten it done yet, but will be out by the end of the weekend
16:42:01 [juberti]
cullen: This will be a proposal that we can compare against the current draft and we can see if we think this is acceptable
16:42:23 [juberti]
cullen: if so, we can move it into the main doc, which should be simple since it's a standard branch
16:42:45 [juberti]
cullen: nothing surprising in this doc, since it's mainly the same thing as the IETF doc
16:43:05 [juberti]
cullen: there is a second branch that adam has created; adam, please describe
16:43:48 [dom]
-> https://github.com/fluffy/webrtc-w3c/tree/jsep_easy1 jspep_easy1 (adambe's) branch on webrtc editors draft
16:43:52 [juberti]
adambe: I thought that the new API (JSEP) made things harder. So I took some of the things from the old API, and tried to use JSEP from this API
16:44:16 [juberti]
adambe: It hasn't been communicated that we are working on 2 different branches
16:44:39 [juberti]
adambe: I think this is a problem, at some point we need to figure this out
16:44:58 [juberti]
adambe: There are specific operations you need to do in a specific order, and we could combine those into building blocks
16:45:16 [juberti]
cullen: We need to get these drafts done and out to the lists
16:45:30 [juberti]
cullen: Then we can compare and figure out what we want the editor draft to look like
16:45:40 [juberti]
cullen: That's the next major set of work that we need to get done
16:45:53 [juberti]
adambe: We should have entier API IDLs and have examples in place
16:46:13 [juberti]
cullen: We need the baselines so that we can compare and the WG can provide feedback
16:46:23 [juberti]
hta: that was a long 2 minutes
16:46:44 [juberti]
hta: Does anyone else have comments on what was discussed?
16:46:53 [juberti]
stefanh: I would like a time estimate
16:47:04 [juberti]
cullen: by end of weekend
16:47:25 [juberti]
cullen: by Sunday
16:47:37 [juberti]
adambe: I can publish something tomorrow (Wednesday)
16:47:45 [juberti]
adambe: Fewer changes than Cullen's
16:48:01 [juberti]
adambe: Do you see a problem if I present that one first?
16:48:23 [juberti]
adambe: We can't compare until Cullen's work is done
16:48:33 [juberti]
cullen: THe sooner the better
16:48:40 [juberti]
hta: Send it out
16:49:02 [dom]
Zakim, mute me
16:49:02 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
16:49:09 [juberti]
hta: There is some skepticism, so let's see it as soon as possible
16:49:15 [juberti]
[silence]
16:49:27 [juberti]
hta: any more comments on JSEP?
16:49:39 [juberti]
hta: hearing done, Dan, are you ready?
16:49:43 [juberti]
done=none
16:49:58 [dom]
Topic: Constraints and hints
16:50:04 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Mar/0033.html Constraints and Capabilities API for getUserMedia: more detailed proposal
16:50:21 [Zakim]
+ +44.190.881.aajj
16:50:29 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Mar/0000.html
16:50:33 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Mar/0000.html New draft-burnett-rtcweb-constraints-registry-00
16:50:52 [dom]
-> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-burnett-rtcweb-constraints-registry/ IANA Registry for RTCWeb Media Constraints
16:51:08 [Andy]
Andy has joined #webrtc
16:51:25 [juberti]
[dan] Registry is a very basic drat
16:51:38 [juberti]
[dan] used by GetUserMedia and WebRTC
16:51:52 [juberti]
[dan] constraints are for audio and video
16:52:05 [juberti]
[dan] page 4, media types are audio and video
16:52:17 [dom]
-> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-burnett-rtcweb-constraints-registry-00#section-3 RTCWeb Media Constraints
16:52:19 [juberti]
[dan] currently the only constraint types are min, max, and enum
16:52:34 [juberti]
[dan] contraints need to begin with an alpha character
16:52:52 [juberti]
[dan] the only requirements that IANA needs to follow is a name and a reference or lst of refs
16:53:09 [juberti]
[dan] Need for expert review, instructions for designated expert
16:53:16 [juberti]
[dan] Names must be < 80 chars long
16:53:27 [juberti]
[dan] Names should be human readable
16:53:44 [juberti]
[dan] requirement that if you have a tpe of audio, must be relevant for audio streams, same for video
16:54:09 [juberti]
[dan] 2 pieces for constraints - how they can be used when requesting a stream, and how they can be used as capabilites informations
16:54:13 [dom]
s/[dan] /dan: /g
16:54:24 [juberti]
[dan] min constraint type indicates the min value an author is willing to accept
16:55:02 [juberti]
dan:could be width, height, bandwidth
16:55:50 [juberti]
dan: just because you have a minwidth and a minheight, doesn't mean you can get both of those together
16:56:16 [juberti]
dan: max is similar to min
16:56:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.381.aakk
16:56:41 [Zakim]
-Dan_Druta
16:56:42 [juberti]
dan: enum example - audio is either 'voice' or 'generic'
16:57:00 [juberti]
dan: not defining this now, but this is an example
16:57:12 [juberti]
dan: some other words in here - that the constraint is understandable
16:57:57 [juberti]
dan: everything we've come up with so far has fallen into the 3 categories (min/max/enum)
16:59:19 [juberti]
cullen: Combining height/width and aspect ratio allowed us to solve all the use cases that have been brought up
16:59:28 [juberti]
dan: are there any questions about the registry?
16:59:30 [dom]
Zakim, unmute me
16:59:30 [Zakim]
Dom should no longer be muted
16:59:48 [juberti]
dom: will we seed the registry with pre-existing constraints?
17:00:04 [juberti]
dan: these documents will register constraints
17:00:09 [anant]
anant has joined #webrtc
17:00:18 [juberti]
dom: aspect ratio is a constraint - is that an enum?
17:00:31 [Zakim]
-Dom
17:00:31 [juberti]
dan: I sent a link with an example to the list
17:00:47 [fluffy]
example at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Mar/0033.html
17:00:59 [juberti]
dan: we can look at that example now
17:01:09 [juberti]
dan: aspect is a flaoting-point min/max
17:01:33 [juberti]
dan: 4:3 can be represented (imperfectly) as floating point
17:01:51 [juberti]
dan: any other questions?
17:02:10 [Zakim]
+Dom
17:02:28 [juberti]
dan: dom, did that answer your question?
17:02:38 [juberti]
dom: will using an approximation cause problems down the line?
17:03:06 [juberti]
dan: I don't think it will be a problem for most apps
17:03:23 [juberti]
dan: The approximation is close enough
17:03:48 [juberti]
cullen: You need to specify enough digits so that multiplying aspect times height gives you the right width.
17:04:08 [juberti]
dan: work will be in precisely definining this
17:04:14 [juberti]
juberti: need to find a new room
17:04:19 [Zakim]
-juberti
17:04:26 [dom]
scribenick: fluffy
17:05:02 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Mar/0033.html Constraints and Capabilities API for getUserMedia: more detailed proposal
17:05:23 [fluffy]
dan: Moving off the registry topic and on to the topic of email at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Mar/0033.html
17:06:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.575.aall
17:06:37 [juberti]
Zakim, aall is juberti
17:06:37 [Zakim]
+juberti; got it
17:06:40 [fluffy]
???: Looking at proposal and use cases. Would be nice to have use cases for local capture and local media.
17:06:52 [dom]
s/???/richt/
17:06:55 [juberti]
back
17:07:18 [fluffy]
hta: There are some uses cases. HTA will try and post link.
17:07:43 [hta]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/scenarios.html#find-the-ball-assignment--video-effects-and-upload-requirements
17:08:07 [hta]
the specific requirement is "Set the webcam into a low-resolution (320x200 or as supported by the hardware) capture mode"
17:08:16 [dom]
ACTION-25?
17:08:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-25 -- Harald Alvestrand to action Travis to Draft a setup of initial requirements based on the WebRTC and the Scenarios document -- due 2012-03-06 -- OPEN
17:08:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/track/actions/25
17:08:28 [fluffy]
stefanh: Requirements are not spelled out in use case document - Travis is going to start requirements document that devices the requirements from the scenario documents.
17:09:20 [fluffy]
richt: Was looking at IETF requirements document but want to see how it maps to the local use cases.
17:09:49 [fluffy]
dan: will look at requirements document and make sure it aligns with this proposal
17:10:26 [fluffy]
dan: not sure of status of current link or connection but will investigate
17:11:04 [stefanh]
s/devices/derives/
17:11:07 [fluffy]
dan: Constraint replaces old hint
17:11:31 [fluffy]
dan: Constraint has an mandatory list and an optional list
17:11:47 [fluffy]
dan: Constraint is a key value pair
17:12:10 [dom]
Example from Dan's message:
17:12:10 [dom]
Example:
17:12:10 [dom]
navigator.getUserMedia(
17:12:10 [dom]
{mandatory:[video-min-height:600, video-max-bandwidth:500],
17:12:10 [dom]
optional:[
17:12:11 [dom]
video-max-aspectratio:1.333333333333,
17:12:11 [fluffy]
dan: May want to come up with more restrictions on things like lengths of values
17:12:13 [dom]
video-min-timebetweenrefframes:20,
17:12:15 [dom]
video-min-framerate:30,
17:12:17 [dom]
video-autowhitebalance:on]},
17:12:19 [dom]
gotStream, didntGetStream);
17:13:24 [fluffy]
dan: There was a questions for algorithm to process these constraints. This time there is a write up of the algorithm.
17:14:03 [fluffy]
dan: look at the example, after the algorithm, this shows what it might look like
17:14:15 [dom]
how would you specify whether you want audio (or not) at all? is "audio" a constraint itself?
17:14:16 [DanD]
Zakim, aakk is Dan_Druta
17:14:16 [Zakim]
+Dan_Druta; got it
17:14:19 [fluffy]
dan: two lists, and the lists are ordered
17:15:16 [dom]
(I'm not sure I understand how I would do echo cancellation with that approach)
17:15:56 [fluffy]
dan: In this case, the intent is they get a video stream with a min hight of 600 pixels, and max bandwidth of 500 (whatever the units are) . These are absolute and if they don't get this they want an error if both of these are not satisfied. Additional, they have some optional things they hope can satisfied in priority order. They would like aspect ration of 4/3.
17:16:03 [dom]
Zakim, mute me
17:16:03 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
17:16:15 [fluffy]
dan: video-autowhitebalance:on should be video-enum-autowhitebalance:on
17:16:57 [fluffy]
dan: If browser can do video-min-timebetweenrefframes:20, and als could do video-min-framerate:30, but not both, then the browser should do the video-min-timebetweenrefframes:20,
17:18:19 [fluffy]
dan: When talking about mandatory constraints, order does not matter. For optional, needed to sperate audio and video
17:18:52 [fluffy]
dan: Basis is a set and algorithm is removing some streams from it
17:19:04 [fluffy]
dan: want to make sure never remove all audio or all video stream
17:19:43 [fluffy]
dan: could end up with all stream remvoed
17:19:50 [juberti]
Dropping off
17:19:54 [Zakim]
-juberti
17:22:31 [fluffy]
dan: In the cases of optional for two different type of media constraint, does optional mean eliminate all of one type, is that OK, or is there implicit assumption they want at lease one video and one audio. As an app developer, I would want one of both
17:23:30 [fluffy]
dan: Moving to Capabilities
17:24:03 [fluffy]
dan: having challenges with webild
17:24:28 [fluffy]
dan: In the trusted cases, for each device, we get the constraints with values.
17:24:30 [Zakim]
- +44.190.881.aajj
17:24:31 [dom]
I think that rather than {camera001:...,camera002:...} it would be more logical to have {cameras:[{...}, {...}]}
17:25:19 [fluffy]
dan: So when we get video-max-width: 1024, this means there is no video stream this camera can provide with a width greater than 1023
17:26:01 [fluffy]
dan: did not deal with ENUM values yet - not sure that this is information we need. Will add if this is needed
17:26:01 [dom]
I think enums would be logically mapped to array of values?
17:26:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.289.261.aamm
17:26:42 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aamm i me
17:26:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aamm i me', Josh_Soref
17:26:47 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aamm is me
17:26:47 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref; got it
17:26:50 [fluffy]
hta: Can imagine a case where one is using values and would want to know all values. For example camera supports b/w , color, and infrared
17:26:57 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:26:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html Josh_Soref
17:27:16 [fluffy]
dan: LIke some uses cases where need to return more than one value. In this case will need to discuss the syntax
17:27:30 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:27:34 [fluffy]
dan: Most of work is in defining the constraints
17:28:15 [fluffy]
hta: Should make sure the first constraints we do are mapped back to requirements and use cases
17:28:33 [hta]
Josh, Stefan and I are chairs.
17:28:51 [fluffy]
stefanh: this is what was proopsed in TF and got a lot of support
17:29:11 [Josh_Soref]
Chair: Stefan_Hakansson, Harald_Alvestrand
17:29:12 [fluffy]
hta: Thank you very much, continue discussion on list
17:29:23 [Josh_Soref]
s/Josh, Stefan and I are chairs.//
17:29:27 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:29:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html Josh_Soref
17:29:48 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
17:29:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Harald_Alvestrand, [Mozilla], li, TimPanton, stefanh, adambe, ceyrigno, +49.897.007.3.aagg, Randell_Jesup, nstratford, richt, +1.650.391.aaii, Cullen_Jennings,
17:29:51 [Zakim]
... Dan_Burnett, Dan_Druta, Dom (muted), Josh_Soref
17:30:27 [Josh_Soref]
s/proopsed/proposed/
17:30:27 [fluffy]
stefanh: Most important action are for Cullen and Adam to get the JSEP like API proposal out
17:30:45 [Josh_Soref]
s/I am 1.403.244.aaaa//
17:30:51 [Tim]
Is there likely to be JSEP supporting implemenation in the near future ?
17:30:51 [Josh_Soref]
s/I am +1.403.244.aaaa//
17:31:03 [Josh_Soref]
s/cullen, say "I am Cullen_Jennings"....//
17:31:27 [fluffy]
dan: Plan for next Telco ?
17:31:36 [fluffy]
hta: Some time after IETF
17:31:57 [hta]
action stefanh create doodle for next meeting
17:31:58 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - stefanh
17:32:02 [fluffy]
stefanh: Stephan has action to set up next telco
17:32:04 [jesup]
ta!
17:32:05 [Josh_Soref]
s/DanD is Dan_Druta//
17:32:11 [Josh_Soref]
s/stefanh is Stefan_Hakansson//
17:32:14 [Zakim]
-TimPanton
17:32:16 [Zakim]
- +49.897.007.3.aagg
17:32:16 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:32:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html Josh_Soref
17:32:21 [Zakim]
-Harald_Alvestrand
17:32:23 [Zakim]
-richt
17:32:23 [fluffy]
hta: End of meeting - Bye
17:32:24 [Zakim]
-Dan_Druta
17:32:24 [Zakim]
-nstratford
17:32:25 [dom]
action: stefan create doodle for next meeting
17:32:25 [Zakim]
- +1.650.391.aaii
17:32:25 [Zakim]
-Randell_Jesup
17:32:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-35 - Create doodle for next meeting [on Stefan HÃ¥kansson - due 2012-03-20].
17:32:26 [Zakim]
-Dan_Burnett
17:32:26 [Zakim]
-adambe
17:32:27 [Zakim]
-li
17:32:29 [Zakim]
-Dom
17:32:32 [Zakim]
-ceyrigno
17:32:33 [Zakim]
-Cullen_Jennings
17:32:36 [stefanh]
stefanh has left #webrtc
17:32:40 [Zakim]
-[Mozilla]
17:32:41 [fluffy]
fluffy has left #webrtc
17:32:45 [Josh_Soref]
s/ceyrigno is Christophe_Eyrignoux//
17:32:55 [Zakim]
-stefanh
17:33:16 [Josh_Soref]
s/I'm at a 1-610 number; how do I tell zakim?//
17:33:39 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:33:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html Josh_Soref
17:33:54 [Josh_Soref]
s/aacc is li//
17:34:00 [Josh_Soref]
s/tim, try Tim_Panton - it seems to not tolerate spaces.//
17:34:07 [Josh_Soref]
s/ceyrigno is Christophe_Eyrignoux//
17:34:38 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:34:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html Josh_Soref
17:35:14 [Josh_Soref]
Present- Josh_Soref
17:35:17 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:35:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html Josh_Soref
17:35:18 [juberti]
juberti has joined #webrtc
17:35:39 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
17:35:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:35:39 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.403.244.aaaa, +47.41.44.aabb, Harald_Alvestrand, Dan_Druta, Cullen_Jennings, [Mozilla], Dom, +1.908.541.aacc, +46.1.07.14.aadd, stefanh,
17:35:43 [Zakim]
... li, TimPanton, +1.617.575.aaee, +46.1.07.14.aaff, juberti, +49.897.007.3.aagg, adambe, +1.610.889.aahh, Randell_Jesup, ceyrigno, nstratford, richt, +1.650.391.aaii,
17:35:43 [Zakim]
... Dan_Burnett, +44.190.881.aajj, +1.425.381.aakk, +1.617.575.aall, +1.289.261.aamm, Josh_Soref
17:35:46 [Zakim]
-Josh_Soref
17:35:46 [Zakim]
UW_Web RTC()12:00PM has ended
17:35:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.403.244.aaaa, +47.41.44.aabb, Harald_Alvestrand, Dan_Druta, Cullen_Jennings, [Mozilla], Dom, +1.908.541.aacc, +46.1.07.14.aadd, stefanh, li, TimPanton,
17:35:46 [Zakim]
... +1.617.575.aaee, +46.1.07.14.aaff, juberti, +49.897.007.3.aagg, adambe, +1.610.889.aahh, Randell_Jesup, ceyrigno, nstratford, richt, +1.650.391.aaii, Dan_Burnett,
17:35:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:35:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-minutes.html trackbot
17:35:48 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-actions.rdf :
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fluffy to incorporate echo cancellation API based on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15747 [1]
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-irc#T16-19-35
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cullen to incorporate echo cancellation API based on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15747 [2]
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-irc#T16-19-42
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: stefan create doodle for next meeting [3]
17:35:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-webrtc-irc#T17-32-25
17:35:50 [Zakim]
... +44.190.881.aajj, +1.425.381.aakk, +1.617.575.aall, +1.289.261.aamm, Josh_Soref