IRC log of html-wg on 2012-03-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:01:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
17:01:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-html-wg-irc
17:01:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
17:01:17 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
17:01:17 [Julian]
Zakim, +9251280aaaa is me
17:01:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
17:01:18 [trackbot]
Date: 08 March 2012
17:01:18 [Zakim]
+Julian; got it
17:01:23 [Julian]
Zakim, mute me
17:01:23 [Zakim]
Julian should now be muted
17:01:25 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
17:01:26 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
17:01:26 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
17:01:27 [glenn]
chair: paulc
17:01:33 [paulc]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0022.html
17:01:35 [joesteele]
joesteele has joined #html-wg
17:01:36 [glenn]
scribe: glenn
17:01:36 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
17:01:38 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
17:01:42 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
17:01:44 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
17:01:45 [glenn]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0022.html
17:02:02 [glenn]
Topic: Action Items Due by March 8
17:02:11 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
17:02:12 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aa]
17:02:18 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] is me
17:02:18 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
17:02:22 [glenn]
zakim, aabb is me
17:02:22 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
17:02:22 [[tm]]
Zakim: call Mike
17:02:24 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
17:02:29 [eliot]
zakim, microsoft.a is me
17:02:29 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
17:02:40 [krisk]
zakim, [Microsoft.aa] is krisk
17:02:40 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
17:02:44 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #html-wg
17:03:07 [ddorwin]
ddorwin has joined #html-wg
17:03:36 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:03:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Julian (muted), glenn, [Microsoft], hober, joesteele, +1.415.595.aacc, Joseph_Scheuhammer, adrianba, krisk, eliot
17:03:38 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
17:03:50 [[tm]]
Zakim, call Mike
17:03:50 [Zakim]
ok, [tm]; the call is being made
17:03:51 [Zakim]
+Mike
17:04:37 [Zakim]
+Mark_Watson
17:04:41 [MFoladare]
MFoladare has joined #html-wg
17:05:05 [glenn]
ACTION-209?
17:05:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-209 -- Paul Cotton to set up an encrypted media propsal task force, due next week -- due 2012-03-08 -- OPEN
17:05:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/209
17:05:16 [paulc]
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0275.html
17:05:19 [rniwa]
rniwa has joined #html-wg
17:05:22 [Zakim]
+Radhika_Roy
17:05:24 [glenn]
paulc: posted outline for a Media TF
17:05:33 [mark]
mark has joined #html-wg
17:05:39 [glenn]
... used same template for accessibility TF
17:05:46 [glenn]
... should close action item
17:05:57 [glenn]
close ACTION-209
17:05:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-209 Set up an encrypted media propsal task force, due next week closed
17:06:10 [glenn]
???: feedback on issue?
17:06:27 [glenn]
paulc: will discuss feedback by next week
17:06:49 [glenn]
... moving this forward to set up TF, didn't set up deadline, will do a CfC with deadline on TF creation
17:07:07 [glenn]
... early feedback appreciated
17:07:10 [[tm]]
paulc: date for WD pubs is March 15
17:07:27 [glenn]
Topic: New Issues This Week
17:07:28 [mark]
s/???/Mark Watson/
17:07:33 [glenn]
There is 1 tracker request
17:07:33 [glenn]
http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest
17:07:56 [glenn]
paulc: holding off action... may have by next week
17:08:01 [[tm]]
s/paulc: date/paulc, date/
17:08:06 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closed Last Week
17:08:09 [glenn]
ISSUE-189?
17:08:09 [trackbot]
ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open
17:08:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189
17:08:22 [glenn]
paulc: two proposals, will move to next stage
17:08:41 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closing This Week
17:08:45 [glenn]
ISSUE-170?
17:08:45 [trackbot]
ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- open
17:08:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170
17:09:15 [glenn]
paulc: looking up status
17:09:44 [glenn]
ISSUE-192?
17:09:44 [trackbot]
ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match reality -- open
17:09:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192
17:10:00 [glenn]
paulc: CfC closed yesterday
17:10:03 [glenn]
ISSUE-204?
17:10:03 [trackbot]
ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open
17:10:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204
17:10:17 [glenn]
CfC closes on Saturday, blocks ISSUE-30
17:10:27 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closing Next Week
17:10:31 [glenn]
ISSUE-80?
17:10:31 [trackbot]
ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content -- open
17:10:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80
17:10:39 [glenn]
ISSUE-131?
17:10:39 [trackbot]
ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open
17:10:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
17:10:40 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #html-wg
17:10:52 [glenn]
ISSUE-158?
17:10:52 [trackbot]
ISSUE-158 -- HTML4's content-model for <object> should continue -- open
17:10:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/158
17:10:53 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
17:11:01 [dsinger]
zakim, [apple] has dsinger
17:11:01 [Zakim]
+dsinger; got it
17:11:03 [glenn]
ISSUE-205?
17:11:04 [trackbot]
ISSUE-205 -- Define what author guidance and/or methods should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text editors using canvas as a rendering surface. -- open
17:11:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205
17:11:16 [glenn]
paulc: all in call for counter proposals
17:11:19 [glenn]
... comments?
17:11:33 [glenn]
Topic: New Calls
17:11:48 [glenn]
paulc: CfC on May F2F, closes tomorrow March 10
17:11:59 [glenn]
ISSUE-187? CfC
17:12:07 [glenn]
ISSUE-187?
17:12:08 [trackbot]
ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over the time -- open
17:12:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187
17:12:15 [glenn]
ISSUE-198?
17:12:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy -- closed
17:12:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198
17:12:39 [glenn]
paulc: have issued call for counter proposals, still discussing where work should be done... HTML vs WebApps
17:12:51 [glenn]
... have called for counter propossal, while discussing place for work continues
17:12:59 [glenn]
... comments?
17:13:06 [glenn]
Topic: New Surveys
17:13:07 [glenn]
none
17:13:14 [glenn]
Topic: Decisions this Week
17:13:23 [glenn]
ISSUE-183?
17:13:23 [trackbot]
ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element -- open
17:13:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183
17:13:39 [glenn]
issued CfC, received no object;
17:13:58 [glenn]
s/object/objections/
17:14:08 [glenn]
Topic: TF Reports
17:14:11 [Zakim]
-Mike
17:14:32 [glenn]
paulc: accessibility TF has not met, any input?
17:14:55 [glenn]
... didn't meet for last 2 weeks due to SbSW meeting
17:15:07 [glenn]
testing TF
17:15:24 [krisk]
Notes from Testing TF Meeting -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Mar/0003.html
17:15:44 [glenn]
krisk: if folks making changes to ???, please make in correct location
17:15:53 [krisk]
Changes to testharness.js need to be done at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/resources/
17:16:02 [glenn]
s/???/testharness.js/
17:16:14 [glenn]
krisk: working on canvas and bidi tests
17:16:31 [glenn]
Topic: AOB
17:16:57 [glenn]
a) CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html
17:16:57 [glenn]
Chairs' decision:
17:16:57 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0221.html
17:17:08 [glenn]
target pub date is March 15, [tm] is handling this...
17:17:23 [eliot]
Will work with Mike
17:17:26 [glenn]
paulc: any editors on call should work with Mike ([tm])
17:17:40 [glenn]
... to meet hearbeat requirements
17:17:55 [glenn]
b) CfC: Close ISSUE-182 footnote-recommendation by Amicable Resolution http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0250.html
17:17:55 [glenn]
Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.
17:17:55 [glenn]
c) CfC: Close ISSUE-188: generic-track-format by Amicable Resolution http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0251.html
17:17:56 [glenn]
Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.
17:18:02 [glenn]
ISSUE-182?
17:18:02 [trackbot]
ISSUE-182 -- Advice in spec about annotations promotes inaccessible content -- open
17:18:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182
17:18:05 [glenn]
ISSUE-188?
17:18:05 [trackbot]
ISSUE-188 -- Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format -- open
17:18:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188
17:18:33 [glenn]
paulc: ... don't want to add to work queue yet, but expect decision shortly
17:18:54 [glenn]
d) Revert request
17:18:54 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0199.html
17:18:54 [glenn]
Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.
17:18:55 [glenn]
e) Revert Request for "http+aes" scheme (see also ISSUE-179) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0235.html
17:18:57 [glenn]
Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.
17:19:22 [glenn]
paulc: chairs have not yet processed, but are discussing; response expected soon
17:19:50 [glenn]
paulc: New AOB
17:19:54 [paulc]
CfC: Close ISSUE-179 av_param by Amicable Resolution
17:20:10 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0277.html
17:20:38 [glenn]
paulc: will be able to move amicable resolution on remaining zero change proposal, march 15 deadlie
17:20:42 [Zakim]
+??P7
17:20:44 [glenn]
s/deadlie/deadline/
17:20:58 [glenn]
paulc: one other question on list:
17:21:11 [glenn]
ISSUE-164?
17:21:11 [trackbot]
ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open
17:21:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164
17:21:27 [glenn]
paulc: chairs are reviewing CPs
17:21:31 [Zakim]
+??P19
17:21:34 [Zakim]
-??P7
17:21:52 [glenn]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0237.html
17:22:10 [glenn]
Topic: Adjournment
17:22:22 [glenn]
s/Adjournment/Next Meeting/
17:22:23 [adrianba]
i can scribe
17:22:30 [glenn]
paulc: sam to chair, adrian to scribe
17:22:45 [glenn]
Topic: Adjournment
17:22:51 [glenn]
adjourned
17:22:55 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
17:23:00 [glenn]
trackbot, end meeting
17:23:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:23:00 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.417.671.aabb, hober, joesteele, +1.415.595.aacc, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Julian, paulc, [Microsoft], adrianba, glenn, eliot, krisk, Mike,
17:23:03 [Zakim]
... Mark_Watson, Radhika_Roy, dsinger
17:23:08 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:23:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-html-wg-minutes.html trackbot
17:23:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:23:09 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
17:23:10 [Zakim]
-??P19