IRC log of gld on 2012-03-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:00:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:00:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-irc
15:00:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:47 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:48 [trackbot]
Date: 08 March 2012
15:00:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.518.276.aadd
15:01:03 [Zakim]
+sandro
15:01:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.267.481.aaee
15:01:17 [BenediktKaempgen]
Zakim, who is there?
15:01:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, BenediktKaempgen.
15:01:36 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, who's here?
15:01:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, +49.721.aacc, davidwood, +1.518.276.aadd, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee
15:01:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, bhyland, gatemezi, olyerickson, cygri, MacTed, BenediktKaempgen, mhausenblas, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:01:51 [olyerickson]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, +49.721.aacc, davidwood, +1.518.276.aadd, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee
15:02:03 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.93.00.aaff
15:02:05 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, aacc is BenediktKaempgen
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aagg
15:02:24 [bhyland]
zakim, davidwood is me
15:02:24 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
15:02:25 [rreck]
rreck has joined #GLD
15:02:34 [Zakim]
- +1.518.276.aadd
15:02:39 [lbermudez]
lbermudez has joined #gld
15:02:53 [bhyland]
zakim, aagg gatemezi
15:02:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aagg gatemezi', bhyland
15:03:06 [bhyland]
zakim, aagg is gatemezi
15:03:07 [Zakim]
+gatemezi; got it
15:03:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.518.276.aahh
15:03:18 [deirdrelee]
deirdrelee has joined #gld
15:03:28 [olyerickson]
zakim, aahh is me.
15:03:28 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
15:03:31 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
15:03:42 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (14%), +33.4.93.00.aabb (19%), olyerickson (18%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (22%), gatemezi (25%)
15:03:50 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
15:04:00 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
15:04:00 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:01 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: olyerickson (35%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (4%), gatemezi (8%)
15:04:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee, +33.4.93.00.aaff, gatemezi, olyerickson, mhausenblas
15:04:06 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
15:04:12 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute gatemezi
15:04:12 [Zakim]
gatemezi should now be muted
15:04:17 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (9%), +33.4.93.00.aabb (52%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (9%)
15:04:20 [mhausenblas]
zakim, unmute gatemezi
15:04:20 [Zakim]
gatemezi should no longer be muted
15:04:25 [Zakim]
- +33.4.93.00.aabb
15:04:54 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:04:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee, +33.4.93.00.aaff, gatemezi, olyerickson, mhausenblas
15:05:25 [bhyland]
zakim, aaee is lbermudez
15:05:25 [Zakim]
+lbermudez; got it
15:06:07 [gatemezi]
q?
15:06:21 [sandro]
zakim, gatemezi is deirdrelee
15:06:21 [Zakim]
+deirdrelee; got it
15:06:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.218.296.aaii
15:06:27 [George]
George has joined #gld
15:06:28 [sandro]
Zakim, aaff is gatemezi
15:06:28 [Zakim]
+gatemezi; got it
15:06:37 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:06:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, lbermudez, gatemezi, deirdrelee, olyerickson, mhausenblas, +1.218.296.aaii
15:06:41 [bhyland]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120308
15:06:53 [rreck]
zakim can randomly pick someone
15:06:53 [bhyland]
Scribe: George
15:06:58 [bhyland]
Chair: bhyland
15:07:00 [gatemezi]
@Sandro: I may have some trouble.. can you hear me?
15:07:18 [sandro]
@gatemezi I can't hear you speaking, no.
15:07:32 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aajj
15:07:33 [sandro]
zakim, aaii is rreck
15:07:33 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
15:07:34 [fadmaa]
fadmaa has joined #gld
15:07:51 [sandro]
Zakim, aajj is fadmaa
15:07:51 [Zakim]
+fadmaa; got it
15:08:16 [gatemezi]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:08:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, lbermudez, gatemezi, deirdrelee, olyerickson, mhausenblas, rreck, fadmaa
15:08:39 [fadmaa]
Zakim, mute me
15:08:39 [Zakim]
fadmaa should now be muted
15:08:40 [bhyland]
Minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-22
15:08:50 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:08:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:09:28 [bhyland]
Last meeting's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-16
15:09:35 [George]
Chair: Bernadette Hyland
15:09:53 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-23
15:09:58 [George]
Scribe: George Thomas
15:10:09 [George]
Topic: approve 3/23 minutes
15:10:31 [sandro]
topic: Approve 2/23 minutes
15:10:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1 minutes
15:10:54 [rreck]
+1 minutes
15:11:14 [fadmaa]
yes
15:11:21 [fadmaa]
Zakim, unmute me
15:11:21 [Zakim]
fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:11:35 [fadmaa]
Zakim, mute me
15:11:35 [Zakim]
fadmaa should now be muted
15:11:42 [George]
minutes approved
15:11:43 [olyerickson]
+1 Approve Minutes
15:11:54 [gatemezi]
+1 approve minutes
15:12:10 [George]
time difference note - 1 hr earlier for many
15:12:17 [bhyland]
Next two meetings (15, 22 March 2012) will be one hour earlier for EUROPEANS due to US DST
15:12:26 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Mainly/only for the Europeans
15:12:49 [George]
Topic: ADMS
15:13:01 [George]
sent list email for GLD WG review
15:13:25 [George]
4 ISA vocabs input to GLD
15:13:43 [olyerickson]
* Not just about ADMS, but also ISA "people," "core business,' "location"
15:14:00 [olyerickson]
q+
15:14:21 [bhyland]
q?
15:14:25 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk about ISA stuff
15:14:29 [mhausenblas]
ack olyerickson
15:14:33 [George]
bhyland: defer most discussion to meeting with PhilA
15:15:00 [boris]
boris has joined #gld
15:16:21 [George_]
George_ has joined #gld
15:16:33 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:16:54 [bhyland]
See Semantic Assets onĀ https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/allasset/all
15:16:58 [George_]
olyerickson: TWC/RPI appreciates ADMS and ISA vocabs
15:17:10 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:17:10 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about ISA stuff
15:17:17 [George_]
bhyland: agenda will be updated with ADMS/ISA links
15:17:34 [George_]
mhausenblas: overall thumbs up, look toward reuse
15:17:59 [George_]
ACTION: PhilA to add links
15:18:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-57 - Add links [on Phil Archer - due 2012-03-15].
15:18:28 [Zakim]
+boris
15:19:57 [gatemezi]
I guess this URL is for Person ? https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/semic-eu_core_person_17/release/200
15:20:14 [George_]
george: pursuing interest in vocab.data.gov as ADMS repo, and +1 to mhausenblas on reuse and his Person effort as extending ISA core stuff
15:20:34 [George_]
Topic: Products
15:22:03 [gatemezi]
URL for all the set of vocabs here https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/all
15:22:23 [bhyland]
q?
15:23:33 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD
15:23:38 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD
15:23:43 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:23:44 [sandro]
+1 (W3C)
15:23:45 [boris]
+1
15:23:57 [George_]
+1
15:23:59 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1 (FZI)
15:24:03 [lbermudez]
+q
15:24:44 [boris]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html
15:24:46 [bhyland]
RDF Data Cube Vocab Editors Draft, http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html
15:25:18 [George_]
lbermudez: concerned with OGC / ISO concepts
15:25:40 [George_]
mhausenblas: post FPWD is a good time to address those issues/concerns
15:26:00 [George_]
lbermudez: wrt Data Cube
15:26:36 [bhyland]
Sandro: Process re: FPWD, we are saying today, 'we are comfortable with publishing this for initial feedback and input'.
15:26:38 [George_]
sandro: FPWD means out for comment - could note lbermudez concerns in draft
15:26:58 [George_]
lbermudez: agree that comment on alignment with OGC/ISO would be good
15:27:16 [George_]
sandro: comments typically requested within 4 weeks
15:27:58 [George_]
sandro: last call comment period means internal issues are resolved, and comment period is typically 3 weeks
15:28:38 [George_]
sandro: FPWD raises issue - 'this section is under discussion - see issue xxx'
15:28:56 [George_]
mhausenblas: clear that FPWD has captured, but doesn't need to be resolved in FPWD
15:29:09 [George_]
lbermudez: put comments in issue tracker?
15:29:16 [bhyland]
Issue tracker for Data Cube, see https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/3
15:29:21 [mhausenblas]
ISSUE-3?
15:29:21 [trackbot]
ISSUE-3 -- Date and Time Format -- raised
15:29:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/3
15:29:23 [George_]
sandro: may be there already - see cube product link
15:29:37 [George_]
sandro
15:29:46 [George_]
sandro: issue 32? @ lbermudez
15:29:58 [bhyland]
issue-32
15:30:02 [bhyland]
issue-32?
15:30:02 [trackbot]
ISSUE-32 -- Relationship to ISO19156 - Observations & Measurements? -- raised
15:30:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/32
15:30:55 [George_]
bhyland: email list, chairs, noting issue link
15:31:10 [George_]
lbermudez: item 1 in issue-32
15:31:33 [George_]
mhausenblas: so put pointer in DataCube FPWD to that
15:31:41 [George_]
sandro: need a WG resolution to issues
15:32:14 [George_]
mhausenblas: anyone can address - and close - or note desired follow up
15:32:24 [George_]
sandro: chairs can also close issues
15:32:27 [George_]
..
15:32:46 [George_]
... @ lbermudez - a particular spot to focus/emphasize?
15:32:51 [George_]
lbermudez: will look again
15:33:14 [George_]
lbermudez: also offering to help section (x.x) editors
15:33:21 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)
15:33:30 [George_]
sandro: amend proposal
15:33:30 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)
15:33:35 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:33:37 [George_]
+1
15:33:40 [boris]
+1
15:33:44 [sandro]
+1 (W3C)
15:33:55 [gatemezi]
+1
15:33:56 [George_]
bhyland: editors are RC and DR
15:33:58 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1 (FZI)
15:34:26 [sandro]
RESOLVED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)
15:34:30 [lbermudez]
+1
15:34:33 [George_]
bhyland: we have consensus
15:34:58 [George_]
Topic: DCAT
15:35:07 [sandro]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html
15:35:38 [fadmaa]
Zakim, unmute me
15:35:38 [Zakim]
fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:35:49 [George_]
bhyland: F2F discussed having a burst on DCAT - @ fadmaa and olyerickson
15:36:34 [George_]
olyerickson: 2 minor but still unresolved actions re: addition of lang and date type - has open action (#?) to corral/resolve and summarize current status - outstanding
15:37:15 [bhyland]
q?
15:37:22 [George_]
... not happy with quality of wording of this editors draft - but hasn't had bandwidth to deal with it yet...
15:37:29 [bhyland]
ack lbermudez
15:37:31 [George_]
ack lbermudez
15:37:36 [fadmaa]
+q
15:38:17 [George_]
olyerickson: one other point - personally inexperienced with generating W3C blessed TR's - re: DCAT - don't know what's right/wrong from W3 persp
15:38:29 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk about what FPWD is about, again
15:38:44 [George_]
... can capture technical/adoption issues, but need W3 oversight
15:38:55 [George_]
ack fadmaa
15:39:25 [George_]
fadmaa: agree that DCAT needs further work and coordination - but recommends going to FPWD without too much more collab required
15:39:47 [George_]
... prioritize discussion to direct and indirect access
15:39:51 [fadmaa]
zakim, ack me
15:39:51 [Zakim]
I see mhausenblas on the speaker queue
15:39:57 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:39:57 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about what FPWD is about, again
15:39:58 [bhyland]
+1 Fadmaa
15:40:29 [George_]
mhausenblas: waxes professorial on process
15:40:56 [George_]
... all we need is a rough idea of what is the deal for FPWD
15:41:13 [bhyland]
q?
15:41:16 [George_]
olyerickson: thanks to mhausenblas - helpful input
15:41:58 [fadmaa]
Zakim, mut eme
15:41:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mut eme', fadmaa
15:42:03 [fadmaa]
Zakim, mute me
15:42:03 [Zakim]
fadmaa should now be muted
15:42:45 [George_]
bhyland: question about DCAT editor access to olyerickson
15:43:09 [George_]
fadmaa: noted subclasses of dcat:Distribution and direct/indirect access are urgent prior to FPWD
15:43:33 [George_]
bhyland: URI construction is the olyerickson issue
15:43:45 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
15:43:47 [George_]
olyerickson: notes many are happily using DCAT
15:43:57 [bhyland]
PROPOSED: Publish DCAT Spec as a FPWD,
15:44:06 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:44:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1 (FZI)
15:44:12 [olyerickson]
+1
15:44:13 [bhyland]
+1
15:44:15 [boris]
+1
15:44:24 [sandro]
+1
15:44:24 [fadmaa]
+1
15:44:28 [gatemezi]
+1
15:44:33 [George_]
.5 - see fadmaa
15:44:58 [bhyland]
Resolved: Publish DCAT Spec as a FPWD
15:45:19 [George_]
Topic: Best Practices
15:45:30 [George_]
bhyland: mhausenblas or boris input?
15:45:37 [George_]
... thanks to boris
15:45:53 [boris]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html
15:46:08 [George_]
need Vocab selection input on accidental subsumption / entailment
15:47:26 [George_]
prob need more discussion / input on characteristics and varieties of 'linked data app/server'
15:47:43 [George_]
bhyland: desire to get BP out in March
15:47:44 [bhyland]
q?
15:48:38 [George_]
boris: to WG - read and comment please
15:48:51 [George_]
... some sections in better shape than others -
15:49:12 [George_]
bhyland: some parts in need of attention
15:49:31 [mhausenblas]
Michael: wondering what we do with People now?
15:49:33 [bhyland]
vocab-people
15:49:33 [bhyland]
vocab-org for the Organizational Vocabulary
15:49:33 [bhyland]
vocab-data-cube for the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary
15:49:33 [bhyland]
and gld-bp for the Government Linked Data Best Practices document.
15:49:33 [gatemezi]
@bhyland: Can I help for the glossary in BP doc?
15:49:49 [George_]
Topic: Short Names
15:49:58 [George_]
mhausenblas: People ?
15:50:05 [mhausenblas]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html
15:50:19 [George_]
bhyland: discussion deferred for PhilA attendance
15:50:31 [George_]
... mhausenblas input invoked
15:50:39 [bhyland]
@gatemezi, absolutely you can help. I'll follow up with you directly by email, ok?
15:50:53 [George_]
mhausenblas: UC and Req's are needed regardless of ISA input
15:51:23 [George_]
... put out FPWD with note of intent to integrate ISA
15:51:49 [George_]
... or leave those overalapping parts out
15:51:59 [mhausenblas]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html
15:52:19 [George_]
... to WG - either 'let's wait', or 'let's push it out' (see link)
15:53:10 [sandro]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#mapping-to-isa-core-person-vocabulary
15:53:12 [George_]
mhausenblas: ISA core has Person - People ED section 6 says 'mapping' to ISA Person
15:53:44 [George_]
... however, given ISA then start with that and map to other widely used notables (schema.org, etc)
15:53:53 [George_]
... so the emphasis is on UC's and Req's
15:55:24 [bhyland]
PROPOSED: Publish People vocab as a FPWD
15:55:31 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:55:35 [bhyland]
+1
15:55:36 [boris]
+1
15:55:50 [gatemezi]
@bhyland: perfect!!
15:55:56 [deirdrelee]
+1
15:55:59 [gatemezi]
+1
15:56:14 [George_]
+1
15:56:15 [bhyland]
Approved: Publish People vocab as a FPWD
15:56:20 [rreck]
+1
15:56:27 [rreck]
oops too late
15:56:32 [bhyland]
wow, 4 vocabs going to FPWD from today's meeting, cool!
15:56:35 [George_]
bhyland: notes incredible productivity of GLD WG members
15:57:02 [George_]
... any other vocab related discussion today?
15:57:51 [boris]
Lyon?
15:57:55 [George_]
... PhilA - may conf in France
15:57:59 [gatemezi]
WWW in Lyon?
15:58:34 [George_]
Sophia Antipolis
15:58:52 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2012/06/pmod/
15:58:54 [gatemezi]
* Sophia-Antipolis is where we are located
15:59:26 [sandro]
https://www.w3.org/Member/Meeting/2012ac/May/Overview
16:00:02 [George_]
bhyland: raise this AC meeting as possible F2F (as per PhilA)
16:00:15 [George_]
sandro: not a public meeting - an AC meeting
16:00:15 [bhyland]
Consider GLD WG F2F3 to coincide with [http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ TPAC in Lyon, France 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012.
16:01:48 [George_]
bhyland: proposed 90min meeting next week - PhilA on ADMS/ISA and boris on BP - notes an hour earlier for EU members
16:01:49 [gatemezi]
thanks!!
16:01:50 [rreck]
thanks, bubye
16:01:51 [George_]
thanks all
16:01:52 [BenediktKaempgen]
bye
16:01:52 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
16:01:53 [bhyland]
adjourn. have a great rest of the week all!
16:01:55 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
16:01:56 [fadmaa]
thanks
16:01:57 [Zakim]
-deirdrelee
16:01:59 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:02:01 [Zakim]
-BenediktKaempgen
16:02:03 [Zakim]
-sandro
16:02:05 [Zakim]
-bhyland
16:02:06 [olyerickson]
+1 to "bubye" ;)
16:02:10 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
16:02:11 [Zakim]
-boris
16:02:14 [Zakim]
-fadmaa
16:02:17 [Zakim]
-lbermudez
16:02:46 [George_]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:03:07 [George_]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:03:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html George_
16:06:30 [George_]
minutes are here http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-08
16:08:06 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
16:27:31 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
16:35:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, gatemezi, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
16:35:02 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:35:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.518.276.aaaa, +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, +49.721.aacc, +1.518.276.aadd, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee, +33.4.93.00.aaff, BenediktKaempgen, +3539149aagg, bhyland,
16:35:02 [Zakim]
... +1.518.276.aahh, olyerickson, mhausenblas, lbermudez, deirdrelee, +1.218.296.aaii, gatemezi, +3539149aajj, rreck, fadmaa, boris
17:52:24 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
18:07:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
19:36:20 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #gld
20:07:49 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
20:48:16 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
22:03:26 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld