IRC log of au on 2012-03-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:47:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:47:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/05-au-irc
19:47:43 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:47:44 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
19:47:47 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:48:22 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JanMar/0036.html
19:48:30 [Jan]
Regrets: Andrew R., Greg P.
19:48:38 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
19:57:52 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:59 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:02:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:13 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:02:15 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:02:36 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Alex
20:02:36 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
20:02:52 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:02:58 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jan
20:02:58 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:03:05 [Jan]
zakim, whos here?
20:03:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Jan.
20:03:10 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
20:03:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alex, Jan
20:03:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
20:03:37 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:03:54 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
20:04:16 [Jan]
zakim, ??P5 is really Jutta
20:04:16 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
20:04:56 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:06:32 [Zakim]
+Greg
20:07:32 [Jan]
Scribe: Jan
20:07:57 [Jan]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/atag20120229/results
20:08:00 [Greg]
Greg has joined #au
20:08:32 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.2.3 Conditional Proposal
20:08:36 [Jan]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/atag20120229/results#xq5
20:09:42 [Jan]
A.3.2.3 Static Pointing Device Targets: If authoring tool user interface components that accept input also move, then authors can pause the movement. (Level A)
20:11:24 [Jan]
A.3.2.3 Static Pointing Device Targets: If authoring tool user interface components accept input and move, then authors can pause the movement. (Level A)
20:12:40 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:14:30 [Jan]
A.3.2.3 Static Input Components: If authoring tool user interface components accept input and move, then authors can pause the movement. (Level A)
20:14:51 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Cherie
20:14:51 [Zakim]
+Cherie; got it
20:15:25 [Jan]
Tim: Should be consistent as possible and well defined
20:15:58 [Jan]
JT: Any concerns?
20:16:07 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept: "A.3.2.3 Static Input Components: If authoring tool user interface components accept input and move, then authors can pause the movement. (Level A) "
20:16:36 [Jan]
Topic: B.1.1.1 Conditional Proposal
20:19:02 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2012/ED-ATAG20-20120229/#sc_b411
20:19:51 [Jan]
B.4.1.1 Features Active by Default: All accessible content support features are turned on by default.
20:21:05 [Jan]
If the authoring tool provides the functionality of generating web content automatically after the end of an authoring session, authors can specify that the content be accessible web content (WCAG).
20:21:26 [Jan]
A.3.2.3 handles the fact that that is default option
20:21:46 [Jan]
B.1.1.1 Content Auto-Generation After Authoring Sessions (WCAG): If the authoring tool provides the functionality of generating web content automatically after the end of an authoring session, authors can specify that the content be accessible web content (WCAG).
20:21:52 [Jan]
(just adding handle)
20:24:25 [Jan]
Resolution: For A351All accept "If the authoring tool provides an editing-view of text-based content then editing-views enable text search, such that all of the following are true:"
20:24:49 [Jan]
B.1.1.1 Content Auto-Generation After Authoring Sessions (WCAG): If the authoring tool provides the functionality of generating web content automatically after the end of an authoring session, authors can specify that the content be accessible web content (WCAG). Resolution: All accept:
20:26:11 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept "If the authoring tool provides the functionality of generating web content automatically during an authoring session, then one of the following is true:"
20:27:59 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:28:39 [Jan]
Topic: A.1.2.1
20:29:31 [Jan]
JT: minor grammatical: If the authoring tool contains non-web-based user interfaces, then the non-web-based authoring tool user interfaces follow user interface accessibility guidelines for the platform. (Level A)
20:30:23 [Jan]
Action JR: Add note to clarify "I assume this would not cover keyboard commands based on the parent software? e.g. browser based keyboard controls would not need to be customized, only tool-specific controls."
20:30:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-373 - Add note to clarify "I assume this would not cover keyboard commands based on the parent software? e.g. browser based keyboard controls would not need to be customized, only tool-specific controls." [on Jan Richards - due 2012-03-12].
20:32:30 [Jan]
Another small one: "A.4.1.2 Settings Change Confirmation: If the authoring tool provides mechanisms for changing the user interface, then those mechanisms can reverse the changes, or the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed."
20:33:00 [Jan]
Another small one: "B.3.1.3 Help Authors Locate: If the authoring tool provides checks that require authors to decide whether a potential web content accessibility problem is correctly identified (i.e., manual checking and semi-automated checking), then the relevant content is identified to the authors. (Level A) "
20:33:20 [Jan]
JT: Seemsd we have closure on these issues...
20:33:26 [Jan]
JT: Which is wonderful
20:33:32 [Jan]
JT: Further issues
20:33:53 [Jan]
Topic: 2. Last Call publishing planning
20:34:23 [Jan]
JS: Next step is last call vote...
20:34:35 [Jan]
GP: If vote in favour? Not in favour?
20:34:51 [Jan]
JS: If not in favour: We keep working
20:35:32 [Jan]
JR: Should we make the changes and then have a survey vote?
20:38:02 [Jan]
JS: Explains that last call phase is the start of call for implementations
20:38:27 [Jan]
JS: Only after we have shown real-world implementation can we move ahead to Recommendation
20:41:30 [Zakim]
-Jutta
20:41:33 [Zakim]
-Greg
20:41:34 [Zakim]
-Cherie
20:41:35 [Zakim]
-Alex
20:41:40 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
20:41:44 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:41:45 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
20:41:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Alex, Jan, Jeanne, Jutta, Tim_Boland, Greg, Cherie
20:42:12 [Jan]
'RRSAgent, make minutes
20:42:16 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
20:44:17 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
20:44:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/05-au-minutes.html Jan
20:44:19 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
20:47:38 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
20:47:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
20:47:43 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
20:47:43 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/05-au-actions.rdf :
20:47:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to Add note to clarify "I assume this would not cover keyboard commands based on the parent software? e.g. browser based keyboard controls would not need to be customized, only tool-specific controls." [1]
20:47:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/05-au-irc#T20-30-23