IRC log of rd on 2012-02-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:26:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:26:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-irc
14:26:59 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:26:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
14:27:01 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:27:01 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:27:02 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:27:02 [trackbot]
Date: 22 February 2012
14:27:04 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
14:27:04 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
14:27:18 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
14:27:18 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
14:27:19 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile Topic Pre-Call
14:27:19 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile Topic Selection of Planning Committee
14:27:19 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile Topic Selection of Scientific Committee
14:27:19 [sharper]
Agenda+ Continuation of W3C Note Group Edit
14:27:21 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business
14:27:31 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
14:27:34 [shawn]
shawn has joined #rd
14:27:36 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
14:27:38 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-agenda.rdf
14:27:40 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
14:27:43 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:27:48 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:27:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-minutes.html sharper
14:28:06 [sharper]
present+ Harper_Simon
14:28:21 [sharper]
regrets+ Miesenberge_Klaus
14:28:42 [peter_]
peter_ has joined #rd
14:29:09 [vivienne]
+Vivienne
14:29:33 [peter_]
Hello all
14:29:37 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:29:37 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shadi
14:29:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see peter_, shawn, Zakim, RRSAgent, sharper, vivienne, Peter, nonge_, shadi, trackbot
14:29:42 [vivienne]
Hi all
14:29:49 [peter_]
Hmm more than one peter
14:29:56 [shadi]
trackbot, start meeting
14:29:58 [peter_]
Think I'll go back to thiessenp?
14:29:58 [Peter]
yeah sorry
14:29:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:30:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:30:00 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start now
14:30:01 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:30:01 [trackbot]
Date: 22 February 2012
14:30:07 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:07 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shadi
14:30:08 [giorgio]
giorgio has joined #rd
14:30:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see peter_, shawn, Zakim, RRSAgent, sharper, vivienne, Peter, nonge_, shadi, trackbot
14:30:15 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
14:30:15 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
14:30:17 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, [IPcaller], ??P12, Shadi
14:30:19 [Zakim]
+Shawn
14:30:28 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:30:28 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:31:19 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is Vivienne
14:31:19 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
14:31:29 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:31:40 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
14:31:42 [shadi]
zakim, ??p16 is Giorgio
14:31:42 [Zakim]
+Giorgio; got it
14:31:43 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:32:01 [sharper]
zakim, ??P15 is sharper
14:32:01 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
14:32:22 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:32:39 [christos]
zakim, ??P18 is me
14:32:39 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
14:32:41 [Joshue108]
Joshue108 has joined #rd
14:32:54 [shadi]
zakim, ??p0 is Markel
14:32:54 [Zakim]
+Markel; got it
14:33:02 [shadi]
zakim, mute markel
14:33:02 [Zakim]
Markel should now be muted
14:33:04 [Peter]
my microphone is somehow not working
14:33:17 [christos]
zakim, mute me
14:33:17 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
14:33:19 [shadi]
ack markel
14:33:41 [Joshue108]
zakim, code?
14:33:41 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Joshue108
14:33:42 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, ??P12 is me
14:33:43 [Zakim]
+Peter_Thiessen; got it
14:33:44 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
14:33:58 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, mute me
14:33:58 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen should now be muted
14:34:04 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:34:14 [Joshue108]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Joshue
14:34:14 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
14:34:29 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
14:34:29 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
14:34:44 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
14:34:44 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
14:34:46 [Peter_Thiessen]
(PS: The meeting topic is still "meeting cancelled today")
14:34:49 [Peter_Thiessen]
sure
14:34:56 [shadi]
shadi has changed the topic to: ""
14:34:58 [Joshue108]
scribeNick: Joshue
14:35:05 [Joshue108]
zakim, take up item 2
14:35:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile Topic Pre-Call" taken up [from sharper]
14:35:23 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, unmute me
14:35:23 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen should no longer be muted
14:35:29 [Joshue108]
SH: Peter, can you please take us through this pre-call?
14:35:42 [shadi]
regrets: Klaus
14:35:48 [Peter_Thiessen]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Pre_CFP
14:35:49 [Joshue108]
PT: I'm looking up URI
14:35:56 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:35:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Markel, Vivienne, Peter_Thiessen, Shadi, Shawn (muted), Giorgio, sharper, christos (muted), Joshue
14:36:08 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:36:15 [Joshue108]
PT: We have a draft that you can check out, we'd love feedback.
14:36:35 [Joshue108]
PT: The dates are TBC
14:36:38 [markel]
zakim, ??P19 is markel
14:36:38 [Zakim]
+markel; got it
14:36:54 [Joshue108]
PT: We could combine the three topics into one Wiki.
14:37:15 [Joshue108]
SH: I've read this, I think its really good.
14:37:20 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, mute me
14:37:20 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen should now be muted
14:37:49 [Joshue108]
SH: Lets discuss it. I hope we can confirm this as Pre-call, confirm it, then move onto main call as per Shadis timeline.
14:37:53 [Joshue108]
SH: Thoughts?
14:38:00 [Peter_Thiessen]
I can see everyone loves it!
14:38:02 [vivienne]
q+
14:38:06 [Joshue108]
<everyone reads>
14:38:09 [sharper]
ack v
14:38:37 [Joshue108]
VC: I read it earlier. Is it too extensive, due to timeline?
14:38:54 [Joshue108]
SH: Yes. But we did make a descision to combine topics.
14:38:54 [Peter_Thiessen]
+q
14:39:04 [Joshue108]
SH: We will get overlap however.
14:39:06 [sharper]
ack P
14:39:07 [shadi]
q+
14:39:08 [Peter_Thiessen]
zakim, ack
14:39:09 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'ack', Peter_Thiessen
14:39:09 [giorgio]
q+
14:39:13 [shawn]
q+ to comment on Mobile accessibility guidelines and the relationship to existing guidelines;
14:39:15 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:39:15 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
14:39:16 [Peter_Thiessen]
ack me
14:39:21 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, unmute me
14:39:21 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen was not muted, Peter_Thiessen
14:39:47 [Joshue108]
PT: I agree we are covering a lot. These are topics are quite new. Getting papers may be tough.
14:39:48 [giorgio]
peter, can you speak louder?
14:39:59 [shadi]
ack me
14:40:00 [Joshue108]
PT: Combining them will help us to increase the number of papers.
14:40:20 [Joshue108]
SAZ: It looks fine to me. Good work for the pre-call.
14:40:32 [Peter_Thiessen]
Sorry Giorgio - new headset :) Was just saying that the topics are a bit new and getting papers might be tough - reason for combining into one symposium
14:40:37 [Joshue108]
SAZ: I wan't to run it by UAWG and other WAI groups.
14:40:54 [Joshue108]
ACTION: Shadi to send to WAI-Coordination Groups.
14:40:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-12 - Send to WAI-Coordination Groups. [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-02-29].
14:41:00 [Peter_Thiessen]
(sounds good Shadi)
14:41:05 [shawn]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:41:11 [Zakim]
+ +49.228.943.aaaa
14:41:16 [Zakim]
shawn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Peter_Thiessen (47%), Shadi (67%)
14:41:20 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, mute me
14:41:20 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen should now be muted
14:41:45 [Peter_Thiessen]
:) (sorry)
14:42:02 [shawn]
zakim, aaaa is Yehya
14:42:02 [Zakim]
+Yehya; got it
14:42:33 [Joshue108]
SAZ: We need to bring to WAI-Coordination group, CSUN is on next week. Many will be there.
14:42:48 [Joshue108]
SH: Am happy to get feedback.
14:43:09 [Peter_Thiessen]
exactly - it's all dependent on when we send out the pre-call (so right before sending we can then update the dates)
14:43:17 [Joshue108]
SH: The date is important, public timeline starts when this is first released. We should get out asap - hopefully next week.
14:44:03 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Lets all raise it in the groups that we know.
14:44:11 [Joshue108]
JOC: I'll bring it to PF.
14:44:41 [sharper]
q
14:44:41 [Joshue108]
ACTION: Josh to bring Pre-call doc to PF
14:44:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-13 - Bring Pre-call doc to PF [on Joshue O Connor - due 2012-02-29].
14:44:48 [shawn]
q?
14:44:57 [sharper]
ack g
14:44:57 [Peter_Thiessen]
Shadi - since the wiki has tracking, feel free to tell the chairs to just edit the wiki draft (we can revert something if we disagree)
14:45:17 [Peter_Thiessen]
(good point :)
14:45:19 [Joshue108]
GB: Just a few points. The title may need to be explained (Pre).
14:45:38 [Peter_Thiessen]
(oops will remove that NOW)
14:45:49 [shawn]
q+ to say "pre-call" internal -- maybe "advanced notice" or such
14:45:49 [Joshue108]
GB: The point about 'how are the quality of metrics assessed". Metrics is out of place.
14:45:55 [Peter_Thiessen]
(copy and paste strikes again)
14:46:01 [Joshue108]
GB: Also the final date is to be determined.
14:46:08 [Joshue108]
GB: Remove tentative.
14:46:19 [Peter_Thiessen]
Ok so deadline 1st of April? (will edit now if so)
14:46:25 [Joshue108]
SH: Yes, April is do-able.
14:46:30 [shawn]
zakim, unmute me
14:46:30 [Zakim]
Shawn should no longer be muted
14:46:40 [Joshue108]
SH: Shadi, will there be much feedback from co-ord group?
14:46:57 [shawn]
ack me
14:46:57 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to comment on Mobile accessibility guidelines and the relationship to existing guidelines; and to say "pre-call" internal -- maybe "advanced notice" or such
14:47:01 [Joshue108]
SAZ: If we do get to announce in next week or two we may need to revisit but now its ok.
14:47:29 [Joshue108]
SLH: We are saying Pre-call, but this term may need to be changed. Advanced or similar.
14:47:33 [Joshue108]
+1 to Shawn
14:47:46 [Joshue108]
JOC: +1 to Shawn
14:47:47 [giorgio]
provisional sounds ok to me
14:47:48 [Peter_Thiessen]
Ok, sure - Advance Call ?
14:47:49 [shawn]
s/ Advanced or similar./ Advanced Notice or similar./
14:48:13 [Joshue108]
SH: Thats fine. Please do think about options.
14:48:37 [Joshue108]
SLH: What about a research perspective?
14:48:40 [Joshue108]
SH: Thats fine.
14:49:03 [Joshue108]
SLH: In the bullets, the mobile gls in relation to existing gls.
14:49:32 [Joshue108]
SLH: From a WAI perspective, we don't want to encourage the creation of more guidelines that cover issues that are already covered.
14:49:47 [Joshue108]
SLH: So we need to look at existing GLs that relate to mobile a11y.
14:50:04 [Joshue108]
SLH: We need to look at the gap.
14:50:16 [Peter_Thiessen]
+q
14:50:27 [markel]
I think that the bullet point in the CFP refers to sth like this http://www.w3.org/TR/mwbp-wcag/
14:50:28 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, ackme
14:50:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'ackme', Peter_Thiessen
14:50:29 [Joshue108]
SLH: We need to look at relevancy of what is there.
14:50:34 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, unmute me
14:50:34 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen should no longer be muted
14:50:39 [sharper]
ack P
14:50:53 [Joshue108]
PT: I agree with what Shawn said.
14:51:13 [Peter_Thiessen]
Zakim, mute me
14:51:13 [Zakim]
Peter_Thiessen should now be muted
14:51:14 [Joshue108]
SH: Anyother points?
14:51:21 [Joshue108]
zakim, take up item 2
14:51:21 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile Topic Pre-Call" taken up [from sharper]
14:51:41 [Joshue108]
zakim, close item 1
14:51:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
14:51:43 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:51:43 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Topic Pre-Call [from sharper]
14:51:51 [markel]
yes
14:51:56 [markel]
we had that for reviews
14:51:57 [Joshue108]
zakim, take up item 3
14:51:57 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Mobile Topic Selection of Planning Committee" taken up [from sharper]
14:52:16 [Peter_Thiessen]
(Wiki updated on two points: 1) from Giorgio to remove metrics bit, 2) Shawn's point about bullet two)
14:52:19 [Joshue108]
SAZ: This has been defined somewhere.
14:52:41 [shawn]
s/ more guidelines that cover issues that are already covered./ more guidelines that cover issues that are already covered in WAI guidelines./
14:52:52 [Joshue108]
SAZ: I think that we may have experts not as a part of this group to review.
14:53:23 [Joshue108]
SH: is the planning committe a part of F2F?
14:53:40 [Joshue108]
SAZ: We can get people externally to help with review.
14:53:42 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #rd
14:53:50 [Peter_Thiessen]
:)
14:54:04 [shawn]
s/We need to look at the gap./We need to look at the gap and what else is needed -- maybe application guidance, specific techniques, etc./
14:54:11 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:54:17 [Joshue108]
SAZ: In the last symposiom the planning and Scientific comminity were the same
14:54:18 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:54:28 [Joshue108]
s/comminity/community
14:54:48 [Joshue108]
SH: I move then that the planning and scientific should be the same.
14:54:51 [Peter_Thiessen]
I volunteer Simon :)
14:54:59 [markel]
I volunteer to do that
14:55:01 [giorgio]
I could
14:55:05 [shadi]
I volunteer too
14:55:07 [sharper]
I will
14:55:09 [Joshue108]
SH: Who wan'ts to be on the scientific committee.
14:55:12 [Peter_Thiessen]
Oh right but I meant I volunteer you Simon :) oh perfect
14:55:21 [shawn]
[ shawn interested but not sure about time committment ]
14:55:29 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Klaus or someone from his team maybe.
14:55:37 [vivienne]
Would I be any help?
14:55:38 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:55:39 [Joshue108]
JOC: Me also but can't commit.
14:55:48 [vivienne]
Okay, then count me in
14:55:51 [yeliz]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is yeliz
14:55:51 [Zakim]
sorry, yeliz, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
14:56:13 [yeliz]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is yeliz
14:56:13 [Zakim]
sorry, yeliz, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
14:56:26 [yeliz]
zakim, [IPcaller] is yeliz
14:56:26 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
14:56:37 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
14:56:37 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:56:39 [Peter_Thiessen]
Hi Yeliz, we just took a look at the pre call and made a few edits (nothing big)
14:56:46 [Joshue108]
zakim, close item
14:56:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close item', Joshue108
14:56:49 [Joshue108]
zakim, close item 3
14:56:49 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Mobile Topic Selection of Planning Committee, closed
14:56:50 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:56:50 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Topic Pre-Call [from sharper]
14:56:56 [Joshue108]
zakim, take up item 4
14:56:56 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Mobile Topic Selection of Scientific Committee" taken up [from sharper]
14:57:02 [yeliz]
Sorry, all
14:57:12 [yeliz]
for being late:(
14:57:15 [Joshue108]
SH: We will look at the doc, discuss etc.
14:57:21 [yeliz]
missed the beginning of the discussion
14:57:34 [Peter_Thiessen]
(at my work people who are late for meetings are forced into doing 10 pushups :)
14:57:35 [Joshue108]
SH: We did well last week. I suggest we start at section 3.
14:57:47 [yeliz]
:)
14:57:51 [vivienne]
Can I have the link?
14:58:09 [Joshue108]
SH: Ok, so I'm starting at paragraph 19. "The papers that were presented [...]"
14:58:15 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012Feb/0002.html
14:58:32 [shadi]
[[3. Current Research]]
14:58:47 [Joshue108]
SH: There were few edits last time, good job.
14:58:56 [sharper]
+1
14:59:02 [christos]
+1
14:59:03 [Peter_Thiessen]
+1
14:59:06 [vivienne]
+1
14:59:07 [Joshue108]
SH: Paragraph twenty section 3 is good.
14:59:18 [shadi]
+1
14:59:28 [Joshue108]
SH: Ok
14:59:57 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Is this is first ref to Symposium?
15:00:02 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Readers may not get it.
15:00:24 [Joshue108]
GB: Yes, it is. We could add a line in the introduction.
15:00:24 [yeliz]
I agree with Shadi
15:00:42 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Ok, under section 1 intro. Yes. That'll fix it.
15:00:45 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:00:45 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:00:57 [Joshue108]
GB: Markel can you take notes?
15:01:05 [Joshue108]
MV: I am doing it.
15:01:39 [Joshue108]
Y: I have a couple of suggestions, I would like some aspects expanded.
15:01:41 [shadi]
+1 Yeliz
15:01:49 [giorgio]
q+
15:02:19 [markel]
good point Yeliz
15:02:22 [Joshue108]
Y: The papers are in the refs, but are mixed with others. Should there be an Appendix? A list of accepted papers.
15:02:53 [Joshue108]
SH: The appendix will have those that are listed.
15:03:01 [Joshue108]
Y: So the note will have one?
15:03:05 [Joshue108]
SH: Yes.
15:03:08 [Joshue108]
Y: Great.
15:03:26 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
15:03:26 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:03:50 [yeliz]
yes, Giorgio
15:04:30 [Joshue108]
GB: Gives overview of structure of note.
15:04:34 [markel]
q+
15:04:48 [markel]
q-
15:04:52 [Joshue108]
SH: The Appendix does have to be included.
15:05:04 [yeliz]
I agree with Giorgio
15:05:09 [markel]
q+
15:05:09 [Joshue108]
GB: Ok, I will put in the list of accepted papers.
15:05:19 [sharper]
ack g
15:05:38 [Joshue108]
SAZ: There may be room for discussion on this.
15:05:46 [markel]
it was clear in the CFP
15:06:00 [Joshue108]
SH: I am firm about it. So authors will get a referenceable paper.
15:06:03 [giorgio]
q+ what would the citatio0n format be?
15:06:14 [giorgio]
q+
15:06:22 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Maybe we need to find new wording.
15:06:30 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:06:30 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:07:00 [Joshue108]
Y: I agree with Shadi. The note without the full papers would be self contained.
15:07:07 [Joshue108]
SH: I disagree.
15:07:22 [Peter_Thiessen]
agree with Simon
15:08:25 [Peter_Thiessen]
:)
15:09:00 [Peter_Thiessen]
q+
15:09:13 [Peter_Thiessen]
q-
15:09:25 [shawn]
[ links on W3C website will not change -- whether or not they are part of the Note ]
15:09:36 [giorgio]
can we be given the floor?
15:09:37 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
15:09:37 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:09:40 [shawn]
q?
15:09:47 [shadi]
q+
15:10:04 [shadi]
ack markel
15:10:05 [sharper]
ack mar
15:11:02 [shadi]
ack gio
15:11:06 [sharper]
ack g
15:11:30 [shawn]
q+ to say agree citable, but does not have to be appendix -- in fact, then harder to cite specific paper. instead unique uri
15:12:07 [yeliz]
Markel, I don't see how papers will be cited when they are in the appendix in the research note?
15:12:31 [yeliz]
I agree with Giorgio
15:12:32 [shadi]
q- last
15:12:39 [shadi]
q- last
15:12:52 [yeliz]
how papers will be cited in the appendix?
15:12:58 [shawn]
ack me
15:12:59 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say agree citable, but does not have to be appendix -- in fact, then harder to cite specific paper. instead unique uri
15:13:01 [shadi]
ack shawn
15:13:12 [yeliz]
Isn't better that papers have a permanent place to be cited?
15:13:21 [markel]
From http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/cfp: "Accepted papers will be published - in an attributable form - as part of the proceedings and in the ensuing publication (http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process#publications and http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process#credits)."
15:13:24 [yeliz]
They really have to be citeable
15:13:30 [yeliz]
I agree with Shawn
15:13:48 [shadi]
ack me
15:14:05 [markel]
we have to find a mechanism so that papers can be citeable no matter if they are in an appendix or any other thing
15:14:13 [yeliz]
Does W3C have a policy about DOI?
15:14:25 [yeliz]
Shawn? Is there a policy on DOI?
15:14:34 [Peter_Thiessen]
(sounds good Shadi)
15:14:51 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
15:14:51 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
15:15:11 [Joshue108]
SH: We'll come back to this.
15:15:22 [shadi]
3.1 Addressing Validity and Reliability
15:15:26 [shadi]
[[3.1 Addressing Validity and Reliability]]
15:15:27 [Joshue108]
SH: Section 3.1 - comments?
15:15:32 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:15:32 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:15:38 [shawn]
[ yeliz - not that i know of, but happy to check into it ]
15:16:04 [giorgio]
q+
15:16:11 [markel]
we can put links not sure about LIFT
15:16:14 [sharper]
ack g
15:16:37 [shadi]
+1 to giorgio
15:16:38 [markel]
I'm ambivalent about this
15:16:39 [Joshue108]
GB: The less we write without reducing formation the better.
15:16:40 [shadi]
+1 to section
15:16:45 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
15:16:45 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:16:47 [Joshue108]
Y: Thats fine.
15:17:19 [vivienne]
there is a typo in the first line
15:17:19 [Joshue108]
SH: 3.2 paragraph 23 - comments?
15:17:24 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
15:17:24 [Zakim]
Joshue was not muted, Joshue108
15:17:26 [shadi]
[[3.2 Tool Support for Metrics]]
15:17:38 [shadi]
scribe: shadi
15:17:41 [vivienne]
q+
15:17:46 [vivienne]
ack me
15:17:51 [shadi]
ack v
15:17:54 [Zakim]
-Joshue
15:17:57 [shadi]
VC: type in first line
15:18:03 [markel]
got it
15:18:07 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:18:07 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:18:19 [shadi]
[[3.3 Addressing Large-Scale Measurement]]
15:18:46 [markel]
got it
15:18:47 [shadi]
GB: typo "of of"
15:19:01 [shadi]
[[3.4 Targeting Particular Accessibility Issues]]
15:19:20 [yeliz]
from an instance
15:19:24 [yeliz]
typing mistake
15:20:32 [shawn]
see Referencing and Linking to WAI Guidelines and Technical Documents http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/linking.html
15:20:34 [markel]
thanks you are right, I will retrieve that URI,
15:20:38 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
15:20:38 [Zakim]
yeliz was already muted, yeliz
15:20:43 [vivienne]
I thin there is a double fullstgop after the reference to NFernandes11a
15:20:46 [vivienne]
*think
15:21:09 [vivienne]
yes, 3.5
15:21:10 [shadi]
[[3.5 Novel Measurement Approaches]]
15:21:11 [yeliz]
yes, they are
15:21:44 [yeliz]
I think it would be good to rephrase the last sentence
15:21:45 [yeliz]
:)
15:21:45 [vivienne]
typo - 'fulfilment'
15:21:47 [shadi]
[[Vigo [Vigo11c] proposes a method that enables]]
15:22:19 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:22:19 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:22:35 [christos]
typo in the end of line 6 "but is also focuses..."
15:22:50 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
15:22:50 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:22:54 [yeliz]
not clear to me
15:22:59 [yeliz]
what it means
15:23:18 [shadi]
or "methods"
15:23:22 [shadi]
?
15:23:38 [markel]
methods is the ones proposed by A Nietzio
15:23:47 [yeliz]
yes, that would be great Giorgio
15:23:57 [vivienne]
maybe 'computes a failure rate comparing passes and failures ..."
15:24:00 [markel]
we will do this
15:24:13 [shadi]
[[3.6 Beyond Conformance]]
15:24:20 [yeliz]
+1
15:24:21 [christos]
sorry... this is on 3.6 ... typo in the end of line 6 "but is also focuses..."
15:24:31 [vivienne]
grammar in first sentence a little rough
15:25:06 [vivienne]
q+
15:25:11 [christos]
q+
15:25:13 [sharper]
ack v
15:25:14 [vivienne]
ack me
15:25:16 [shadi]
ack v
15:25:20 [markel]
sorry I missed the one by Shadi
15:25:51 [markel]
yes
15:26:08 [markel]
ok
15:26:09 [shadi]
of a product (that constantly change) -> of products (that constantly change)
15:26:13 [shadi]
OR
15:26:22 [shadi]
of a product (that constantly change) -> of a product (that constantly changes)
15:26:24 [markel]
right
15:26:28 [markel]
thanks
15:27:08 [markel]
done
15:27:18 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:27:18 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:28:07 [giorgio]
Q+
15:28:09 [yeliz]
Lets do that
15:28:26 [vivienne]
zakim, unmute me
15:28:26 [Zakim]
Vivienne should no longer be muted
15:28:27 [christos]
ack me
15:28:50 [shadi]
[[This perspective is innovative as it looks beyond the current conformance paradigm and aims to tap more into the user experience, and this is something that is not necessarily defined by current methods of technical validation or document conformance.]] may need more discussion as it is judgmental about the different approaches rather than a neutral summary
15:28:54 [markel]
got that Chorstos
15:28:57 [markel]
Christos
15:29:02 [christos]
zakim, mute me
15:29:02 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
15:29:03 [sharper]
ack g
15:29:41 [christos]
goodbye everybody.... I have to go...
15:29:55 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:29:56 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:30:07 [markel]
I agree on the co-existence Shadi
15:30:08 [vivienne]
thanks all, see you next week
15:30:11 [Peter_Thiessen]
bye everyone
15:30:13 [yeliz]
byee
15:30:16 [giorgio]
bye
15:30:19 [markel]
markel has left #rd
15:30:20 [Zakim]
-Giorgio
15:30:20 [sharper]
bye
15:30:21 [vivienne]
Time is much better, thanks
15:30:23 [Zakim]
-yeliz
15:30:27 [Zakim]
-Yehya
15:30:27 [vivienne]
-vivienne
15:30:28 [Zakim]
-Shawn
15:30:29 [Zakim]
-sharper
15:30:30 [Zakim]
-Peter_Thiessen
15:30:30 [Zakim]
-markel
15:30:30 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
15:30:31 [sharper]
sharper has left #rd
15:30:32 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:30:38 [Zakim]
-Vivienne
15:30:47 [Zakim]
-Markel
15:35:47 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, christos, in WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
15:35:48 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
15:35:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Shawn, Vivienne, Giorgio, sharper, christos, Markel, Peter_Thiessen, Joshue, +49.228.943.aaaa, Yehya, yeliz
15:40:31 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:40:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:40:32 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
15:40:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:40:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-minutes.html trackbot
15:40:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:40:40 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-actions.rdf :
15:40:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to send to WAI-Coordination Groups. [1]
15:40:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-irc#T14-40-54
15:40:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Josh to bring Pre-call doc to PF [2]
15:40:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/22-rd-irc#T14-44-41-1