IRC log of gld on 2012-02-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:59:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:59:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/16-gld-irc
14:59:51 [bhyland]
rrsagent, make records public
15:00:26 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, start telecon
15:00:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:29 [tinagheen]
tinagheen has joined #gld
15:00:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:31 [trackbot]
Date: 16 February 2012
15:00:42 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:00:53 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:00:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, davidwood, +1.267.481.aaaa, [LC]
15:01:00 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
15:01:02 [tinagheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
15:01:02 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
15:01:05 [bhyland]
zakim, davidwood is me
15:01:05 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
15:01:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:01:56 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:01:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, +1.267.481.aaaa, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller]
15:02:02 [Zakim]
+boris
15:02:12 [bhyland]
zakim aaaa is tinagheen
15:02:19 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:02:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, +1.267.481.aaaa, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], boris
15:02:23 [George]
chair: George
15:02:29 [George]
scribe: olyerickson
15:02:32 [martin]
martin has joined #gld
15:02:35 [bhyland]
zakim aaa is tinagheen
15:02:56 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is tinagheen
15:02:56 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
15:03:07 [bhyland]
zakim aaaa is olyerickson
15:03:14 [tinagheen]
I don't think aaaa is me
15:03:22 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:03:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, tinagheen.a, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], boris
15:03:23 [tinagheen]
I am usually [LC]
15:03:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.569.aabb
15:04:11 [bhyland]
zakim, tinagheen.a is olyerickson
15:04:11 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
15:04:12 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
15:04:19 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, olyerickson, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], boris, +1.443.569.aabb
15:04:26 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aabb is ZacharyWhitley
15:04:26 [Zakim]
+ZacharyWhitley; got it
15:05:01 [bhyland]
zakim, olyerickson is lbermudez
15:05:01 [Zakim]
+lbermudez; got it
15:05:14 [bhyland]
zakim, IPcaller is olyerickson
15:05:14 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
15:05:24 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:05:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, lbermudez, tinagheen, mhausenblas, olyerickson, boris, ZacharyWhitley
15:05:26 [George]
proposal: accept minutes
15:05:29 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has joined #gld
15:05:31 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:05:33 [boris]
+1
15:05:37 [olyerickson]
I'm on over here at least
15:05:42 [bhyland]
Scribe: olyerickson
15:05:43 [olyerickson]
I am the scribe
15:05:53 [George]
resolved: minutes accepted
15:06:06 [Zakim]
+??P32
15:06:08 [George]
https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products
15:06:11 [martin]
zakim, ??p32
15:06:11 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??p32', martin
15:06:18 [martin]
zakim, ??p32 is me
15:06:18 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
15:06:25 [martin]
zakim, mute me
15:06:25 [Zakim]
martin should now be muted
15:06:27 [olyerickson]
George: enough people on the call to resolve pending issues
15:06:30 [olyerickson]
Action 25
15:06:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
15:06:32 [George]
https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/25
15:06:42 [olyerickson]
George: resolve action 25?
15:06:58 [BenediktKaempgen]
BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:06:58 [olyerickson]
** procurement section
15:07:43 [olyerickson]
George: Move to close action 25
15:08:15 [olyerickson]
George: anyone with other issues that can be closed?
15:08:26 [Zakim]
+ +49.721.aacc
15:08:28 [olyerickson]
Bhyland: Q on action 20
15:08:44 [olyerickson]
** was assigned to Bhyland, not sure what it is
15:08:52 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
15:08:55 [olyerickson]
** drawing a blank
15:09:01 [BenediktKaempgen]
\me sorry, bit late
15:09:02 [olyerickson]
** Link?
15:09:36 [olyerickson]
** Concerned "multilingual" discussion
15:09:39 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:09:39 [martin]
https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/20
15:09:58 [Yigal]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:09:58 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
15:10:16 [olyerickson]
Bhyland: Doesn't know what it is for, not in position to do anything about it
15:10:32 [olyerickson]
george: info has been captured
15:10:49 [olyerickson]
Please identify...
15:10:51 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
15:11:27 [olyerickson]
Tina: says that ed summers will respond to issue 12 on listserv
15:11:53 [bhyland]
RE: Action-43, status is "in progress". I have a question as to whether the W3C Glossary/Dictionary location makes the most sense, see http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/
15:11:54 [olyerickson]
george: How do we feel about FPWD status?
15:12:01 [bhyland]
q+
15:12:02 [mhausenblas]
q+ to state FPWD position
15:12:06 [olyerickson]
** do we agree on readiness
15:12:23 [olyerickson]
** items on 'product" page "look good"
15:12:37 [olyerickson]
** any issues?
15:12:42 [George]
https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products
15:13:07 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:13:30 [olyerickson]
DCAT has the most issues
15:13:40 [mhausenblas]
ack bhyland
15:13:52 [olyerickson]
zakim, ack bhyland.
15:13:52 [Zakim]
I see mhausenblas on the speaker queue
15:14:16 [olyerickson]
bhyland: RE Action 43, move it to "in progress"
15:14:44 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I think we're good to go re FPWD batch - after the one week review, hence proposal to resolve this on 1 March telecon
15:14:51 [olyerickson]
** question of continuity
15:15:00 [olyerickson]
** not unique to working group
15:15:13 [George]
q?
15:15:14 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:15:14 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to state FPWD position
15:15:36 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#first-wd
15:15:53 [mhausenblas]
[[Purpose: The publication of the First Public Working Draft is a signal to the community to begin reviewing the document. See section 4.1 of the W3C Patent Policy [PUB33] for information about the policy implications of the First Public Working Draft.]]
15:16:18 [olyerickson]
** "signal to community to begin reading document"
15:16:33 [olyerickson]
** Of course, clearer is better, but
15:16:56 [olyerickson]
** we should not wait/should not delay just to be perfect
15:17:26 [olyerickson]
olyerickson: +1 to getting it out there for feedback. We'll never get it perfect ourselves ;)
15:17:58 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me.
15:17:58 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
15:18:21 [olyerickson1]
olyerickson1 has joined #GLD
15:18:34 [George]
q?
15:18:40 [bhyland]
q+
15:18:57 [olyerickson1]
+1 with Michael's view
15:19:44 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: Proposing to give WG two (2) weeks
15:20:04 [olyerickson1]
* 2 weeks for WG to review
15:20:17 [olyerickson1]
* 23 Feb is the date that everything should be ready
15:20:26 [olyerickson1]
Michael: Actually, should start now
15:20:54 [olyerickson1]
* people can comment on what they have now
15:21:12 [olyerickson1]
* tradeoff, more time to review vs more editing, shorter review
15:21:26 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: w.r.t. BP, "a lot" to clean up
15:21:53 [olyerickson1]
* some parts 25% done, others 75% done
15:22:00 [olyerickson1]
* people will have a hard tiem reading
15:22:14 [olyerickson1]
* some parts looks like people's notes
15:22:56 [olyerickson1]
Michael: suggest combining everything into common template/class
15:23:50 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: Suggest she, michael, et.al. get together
15:23:59 [George]
q?
15:24:01 [olyerickson1]
* how to use the tools
15:24:04 [bhyland]
ack
15:24:06 [olyerickson1]
Michael: makes sense
15:24:35 [olyerickson1]
* for the other parts/groups, no need to wait
15:24:48 [olyerickson1]
bhyland; agreed, we're just talking about the BP
15:25:02 [George]
+1 for all other FPWD's except BP, pending break-out discussion
15:25:49 [olyerickson1]
I'm totally confused by the 'respect document' stuff
15:26:29 [mhausenblas]
q+
15:26:33 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: suggest using the discussion tab in the wiki to make comments
15:26:36 [mhausenblas]
ack bhyland
15:26:59 [mhausenblas]
[[I'd like to send regrets for today, and inform you that we have been working on the document describing the ORG ontology, I planned to have it ready for today's call but I finally did not make it:
15:26:59 [mhausenblas]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html]]
15:27:47 [George]
q?
15:27:54 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: we need a way for people to make specific feedback/comments
15:28:23 [mhausenblas]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#uc3---public-tenders
15:28:28 [bhyland]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html#overview---bernadette
15:28:36 [olyerickson1]
Q: Is there an overview for how we're using 'respect" for us newbies?
15:28:57 [mhausenblas]
see http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/documentation.html olyerickson
15:29:12 [olyerickson1]
* I hate that this stuff starts on one media, then goes to 'respect' or Hg or Foo or bar :(
15:29:25 [mhausenblas]
but this is only relevant for Editors anyway ;)
15:30:22 [olyerickson1]
Michael: Only people who need to know these details (e.g. ReSpec) are editorsa
15:30:43 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: cochairs will send note on how to comment
15:30:48 [bhyland]
Agreed: co-chairs to send msg to the GLD members explaining what and how to best comment on each of the deliverables (products)
15:31:39 [olyerickson1]
phila/olyerickson/et.al. will send out something w.r.t. DCAT
15:31:48 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:31:49 [olyerickson1]
+1 to much love needed (for BP)
15:32:16 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: All other products beside BP can and should be reviewed as of now
15:32:23 [George]
+1
15:32:25 [boris]
+1
15:32:26 [olyerickson1]
+1
15:32:43 [olyerickson1]
** reviews done in time for next telecon
15:33:05 [olyerickson]
RESOLUTION: : All other products beside BP can and should be reviewed as of now
15:33:36 [olyerickson1]
george: spend more time on BP now?
15:33:50 [George]
q?
15:33:53 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: yes to BP discuss now
15:34:01 [bhyland]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html#uri-construction---boris
15:34:02 [olyerickson1]
* URI discussion
15:34:16 [olyerickson1]
* we're getting a lot of interest in
15:34:25 [olyerickson1]
* "people' looking for guidance
15:34:39 [olyerickson1]
* people down the path
15:35:08 [boris]
the wiki version is here http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/223_Best_Practices_URI_Construction
15:35:14 [olyerickson1]
zakim, unmute me.
15:35:14 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:35:16 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:35:20 [olyerickson1]
q+
15:35:27 [mhausenblas]
+1 to use UK URI spec as an initial draft
15:36:54 [mhausenblas]
ack olyerickson
15:37:03 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk to URI construction
15:37:56 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:37:56 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk to URI construction
15:38:03 [olyerickson1]
zakim, mute me.
15:38:03 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
15:38:15 [olyerickson1]
michael: not about one against another
15:38:33 [olyerickson1]
* more about how can we reuse something existing, kickstart
15:39:03 [George]
q?
15:39:12 [bhyland]
q+
15:39:15 [olyerickson1]
* reuse what we have, refine to what we ultimately want
15:39:15 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:39:27 [boris]
q+
15:39:34 [olyerickson1]
george: to michael's point, a bit more coverage
15:39:49 [olyerickson1]
zakim, umumte me.
15:39:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'umumte me', olyerickson1
15:39:59 [olyerickson1]
no
15:40:02 [olyerickson1]
argghdf
15:40:07 [boris]
zakim, unmet oleyerickson1
15:40:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmet oleyerickson1', boris
15:40:09 [olyerickson1]
zakim, unmute olyerickson.
15:40:09 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:41:10 [bhyland]
George: The UK guidance on designing URIs provides more coverage & depth than RPI draft. It includes more on /def and /set for example.
15:41:55 [bhyland]
Olyerickson: We have a more narrow, applied model from RPI and a broader model from data.gov.uk. One alternative is to put forward one particular model and ask people to comment on this…
15:42:11 [bhyland]
…. another way is to suggest multiple models.
15:42:11 [mhausenblas]
q+ analogy life cycles
15:42:24 [mhausenblas]
q+ to make analogy w/ life cycles
15:42:25 [George]
q?
15:43:25 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: need more "meat," more coverage
15:44:06 [olyerickson1]
* need something that is simpler than complete "UK" model, but more general than (say) "RPI" model
15:44:20 [olyerickson1]
* "these are the issues you need to be aware of"
15:44:50 [olyerickson1]
* at the end of the day, guidance that they need to do it right, etc
15:45:01 [olyerickson1]
Note: "EPA" is an *example8
15:45:36 [George]
ack bhyland
15:45:39 [George]
ack boris
15:45:58 [olyerickson1]
Summary: URI Construction section needs work/editing/by responsible bodies
15:46:14 [olyerickson1]
boris: agrees with michael
15:46:34 [rreck]
rreck has joined #gld
15:46:56 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: would like to see e.g. two people who will "take the ball and run"
15:47:19 [olyerickson1]
olyerickson: I will help, BUT I need a sense of what is needed
15:47:34 [George]
q?
15:47:40 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:47:40 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to make analogy w/ life cycles
15:47:43 [olyerickson1]
I don't have a clear picture of what it wants to look likke
15:47:51 [Zakim]
+rreck
15:48:02 [olyerickson1]
michael: similar situation in BP w.r.t. "Life cycle"
15:48:02 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:48:03 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
15:48:09 [olyerickson1]
zakim, mute me.
15:48:09 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
15:48:55 [olyerickson1]
michael: goal should be to create something that fits for most,
15:49:12 [olyerickson1]
* but leave out stuff that contributors can't live with
15:49:30 [olyerickson1]
* leave sections stubbed in where there are arguments
15:49:55 [olyerickson1]
zakim, unmute me.
15:49:55 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:50:03 [olyerickson1]
q+
15:50:24 [martin]
yes, I am
15:50:30 [boris]
q+
15:50:33 [martin]
zakim, unmute me
15:50:33 [Zakim]
martin should no longer be muted
15:50:42 [martin]
zakim, mute me
15:50:42 [Zakim]
martin should now be muted
15:53:10 [George]
q?
15:54:43 [olyerickson1]
q-
15:54:46 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:55:20 [olyerickson1]
are we changing topics?
15:55:30 [olyerickson1]
TOPIC: Vocabulary selection
15:55:37 [olyerickson1]
zakim, mute me.
15:55:37 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
15:55:51 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/222_Best_Practices_for_Vocab_Selection
15:56:09 [George]
q?
15:56:16 [George]
ack boris
15:56:31 [olyerickson1]
Summary of URI Construction: olyerickson and daniel to pull something together
15:56:54 [olyerickson1]
** boris is volunteering daniel
15:57:22 [olyerickson1]
george: need to wrap up, plan
15:57:32 [Zakim]
-boris
15:57:34 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:57:38 [olyerickson1]
* all but BP are ready to start reviewing
15:57:47 [mhausenblas]
q+ to ask about WG-internal review request
15:57:54 [olyerickson1]
* BP will have some break-out sessions
15:57:55 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:57:55 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to ask about WG-internal review request
15:58:16 [bhyland]
yes michael
15:58:18 [olyerickson1]
Michael: chairs to send out notifications
15:58:21 [mhausenblas]
thanks!
15:58:31 [Zakim]
+boris
15:58:33 [George]
@ olyerickson1 - can you and i get together on the URI construction topic as well? perhaps with Dani?
15:58:37 [George]
q?
15:58:42 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
15:59:02 [olyerickson1]
zakim, unmute me.
15:59:04 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:59:19 [olyerickson1]
"once upon a time there was a versioning section"
15:59:27 [bhyland]
Once upon a time, we had the following people signed up to deal with versioning in BP doc:
15:59:28 [bhyland]
; Versioning:
15:59:28 [bhyland]
* John Erickson (RPI)
15:59:28 [bhyland]
* Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM)
15:59:28 [bhyland]
* Hadley Beeman, (versioning as related to Data "Cube")
15:59:28 [bhyland]
* Cory Casanove (OMG)
15:59:36 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: who is responsible for versioning.
15:59:58 [olyerickson1]
* still only has notes, no real content
16:00:34 [BenediktKaempgen]
+q
16:00:39 [George]
q?
16:00:43 [olyerickson1]
bhyland: big gaping hole, need to close
16:00:49 [bhyland]
q+
16:01:01 [olyerickson1]
michael; could just leave it as a section
16:01:22 [bhyland]
Benedikt
16:01:25 [George]
BenediktKaempgen: versioning could be part of the QB UC work
16:01:26 [olyerickson1]
??? could be a use case of datacube
16:01:39 [olyerickson1]
not sure I understand
16:01:44 [George]
q?
16:02:27 [BenediktKaempgen]
+q
16:02:42 [George]
ack bhyland
16:02:48 [mhausenblas]
OK, sorry, I gotta run
16:03:35 [olyerickson1]
benedikt: how versioning fits with DQ
16:03:51 [olyerickson1]
** also related to provenance
16:04:07 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
16:04:42 [olyerickson1]
george: thanks to everyone
16:04:47 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
16:04:54 [BenediktKaempgen]
bye, thanks
16:05:32 [Zakim]
-ZacharyWhitley
16:05:36 [Zakim]
-bhyland
16:05:40 [Zakim]
-tinagheen
16:05:42 [Zakim]
-Yigal
16:05:44 [George]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:05:51 [Zakim]
- +49.721.aacc
16:05:55 [Zakim]
-martin
16:05:57 [George]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:05:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/16-gld-minutes.html George
16:05:59 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:06:28 [Zakim]
-lbermudez
16:06:28 [martin]
martin has left #gld
16:06:43 [George]
http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
16:07:18 [Zakim]
-boris
16:08:02 [George]
https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/index.php?title=Chatlog_2012-02-16&redirect=no
16:10:54 [George]
minutes are here now - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-16
16:21:45 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
16:21:45 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
16:21:46 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:21:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were George_Thomas, +1.267.481.aaaa, mhausenblas, tinagheen, bhyland, boris, +1.443.569.aabb, ZacharyWhitley, lbermudez, olyerickson, martin, +49.721.aacc, Yigal, rreck
18:11:51 [PhilA2]
PhilA2 has left #gld
18:14:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
18:24:18 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #gld
18:47:21 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
18:58:31 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
19:48:20 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld