IRC log of gld on 2012-02-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:00:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:00:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-gld-irc
15:00:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:53 [trackbot]
Date: 09 February 2012
15:00:53 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:01:03 [BenediktKaempgen]
BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:01:18 [Zakim]
+gatemezi
15:01:20 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
15:01:31 [boris]
zakim, dvilasuero is with boris
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+dvilasuero; got it
15:01:32 [tinagheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
15:01:57 [fadmaa]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:57 [Zakim]
+fadmaa; got it
15:02:03 [fadmaa]
zakim, mute me
15:02:03 [Zakim]
fadmaa should now be muted
15:02:19 [rreck]
rreck has joined #gld
15:02:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:02:38 [dvilasuero]
scribe: Daniel Vila
15:02:48 [DaveReynolds]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:02:48 [Zakim]
+DaveReynolds; got it
15:03:06 [dvilasuero]
scribeNick: dvilasuero
15:03:16 [Zakim]
+rreck
15:03:48 [Mike_P]
Mike_P has joined #gld
15:03:55 [DaveReynolds]
zakim, mute me
15:03:55 [Zakim]
DaveReynolds should now be muted
15:04:02 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:04:02 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
15:04:09 [Zakim]
+Mike_P
15:04:15 [dvilasuero]
Topic: Accept minutes from last telco
15:04:21 [Zakim]
-George
15:04:27 [Zakim]
+Bernadette
15:04:49 [PhilA2]
PhilA2 has joined #gld
15:05:20 [Zakim]
+George
15:05:20 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:05:27 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
15:05:40 [stasinos]
stasinos has joined #gld
15:05:43 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
15:05:43 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
15:06:04 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:06:13 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
15:06:17 [PhilA2]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:06:17 [Zakim]
+PhilA2; got it
15:06:20 [George]
George has joined #gld
15:07:24 [Zakim]
+??P36
15:07:38 [Zakim]
+??P37
15:07:43 [Yigal]
zakim, ??p36 is me
15:07:43 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
15:07:48 [PhilA2]
chair: Bernadette
15:07:51 [stasinos]
Zakim, ??P37 is me
15:07:51 [Zakim]
+stasinos; got it
15:08:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.409.aacc
15:08:31 [PhilA2]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120209
15:09:24 [boris]
last minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-02
15:09:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1 minutes
15:09:41 [mhausenblas]
+!
15:09:44 [boris]
+1
15:09:49 [dvilasuero]
PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes from last week
15:09:49 [stasinos]
+1
15:09:54 [fadmaa]
+1
15:09:58 [gatemezi]
+1
15:10:06 [dvilasuero]
RESOLUTION: minutes accepted
15:10:15 [PhilA2]
scribe: dvilasuero
15:10:49 [Zakim]
+??P40
15:11:15 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Zakim ??P40 is me
15:11:17 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: there is a link to the PROV WG blog post, I propose to do the same
15:11:43 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Zakim, ??P40 is me
15:11:43 [Zakim]
+BartvanLeeuwen; got it
15:11:59 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Nobody wants to volunteer?
15:12:06 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/02/05/report-provenance-working-group-2nd-face-to-face-meeting/
15:12:34 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: I would be a good idea to show the people the work we have been doing via a blog post
15:13:04 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: not meant to be detailed, just inform people about our progress in an informal way
15:13:17 [Zakim]
+ +91.80.49.06.aadd
15:13:28 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk about dissemination
15:14:01 [dvilasuero]
PhilA: We need to do the WD, we should speak to the communication teams and inform them about our plans of publishing the WD's
15:14:34 [boris]
q?
15:15:13 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:15:13 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about dissemination
15:16:05 [PhilA2]
action: Bernadette to wrote to Ian Jacobs to forewarn the W3C Comm Team that the WG is planning to put out several working drafts
15:16:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-48 - Wrote to Ian Jacobs to forewarn the W3C Comm Team that the WG is planning to put out several working drafts [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2012-02-16].
15:16:20 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: We should try to get more publicity and visibility. We could do something like a google hangout: invite people to discuss and talk about the work of the WG
15:16:33 [PhilA2]
action: Phil to write blog post about the publications, linking them to the ISA Programme work
15:16:33 [dvilasuero]
...: it would be a nice forum
15:16:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-49 - Write blog post about the publications, linking them to the ISA Programme work [on Phil Archer - due 2012-02-16].
15:17:14 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: We could find an appropriate timeframe to do it
15:17:27 [dvilasuero]
Bernadette: Could someone from Deri participate?
15:17:39 [DeirdreLee]
yes, i can help out
15:17:56 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: I could participate, and we need to find more people from other organizations to participate
15:18:25 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: We need to have at least one person organizing it
15:18:47 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: How could we call it?
15:18:59 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: GLD WG Open Day?
15:19:49 [BenediktKaempgen]
Regarding using google hangout: How many people are possible to join a hangout at the same time?
15:20:02 [Biplav]
Biplav has joined #gld
15:20:09 [DaveReynolds]
I'm not on Google+ so could not join a hangout.
15:20:17 [dvilasuero]
George: Agrees with mhausenblas
15:20:31 [PhilA2]
action: mhausenblas to organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information
15:20:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-50 - Organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2012-02-16].
15:20:37 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: does not have to be g+
15:21:11 [PhilA2]
action: sandro to check internally whether it's OK to specify Google+ for an online open day or suggest alternatives
15:21:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-51 - Check internally whether it's OK to specify Google+ for an online open day or suggest alternatives [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-02-16].
15:21:42 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Some technology that everyone can use and join the discussion about GLD and Open data
15:22:08 [dvilasuero]
s/George/Sandro
15:22:40 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Talk about BP document
15:22:55 [dvilasuero]
...: Any update on Procurement?
15:22:57 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
15:23:43 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Any comments? Intentions to do any further update?
15:24:07 [dvilasuero]
Mike_P: I will update the overview section
15:24:16 [dvilasuero]
...: by the end of the week
15:24:37 [dvilasuero]
boris: we agreed to have a checklist for this section
15:24:41 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
15:24:49 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/222_Best_Practices_for_Vocab_Selection
15:25:08 [dvilasuero]
...: Ghislain already worked and improved this section, the plan is to rephrase some bits of it
15:25:13 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q-
15:25:38 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Are you going to be responsible to pull out the comments from the PDF to this section?
15:25:44 [dvilasuero]
boris: Yes, I will
15:25:50 [PhilA2]
Thanks Boris - and please don't feel under any pressure to use *any* of that text!
15:25:59 [BartvanLeeuwen]
boris, what will we do with the multilanguage page ?
15:26:30 [dvilasuero]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/223_Best_Practices_URI_Construction#Topics_.28Dani_.26_Boris.29
15:27:16 [boris]
dvilasuero: Talking about URI construction
15:27:39 [PhilA2]
http URIs are cool, so I hear...
15:27:48 [boris]
q?
15:28:00 [BartvanLeeuwen]
sorry no microphone here
15:29:35 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk on LD principles and standardisation
15:30:16 [cygri]
bhyland++ for test cases
15:30:31 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:30:31 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk on LD principles and standardisation
15:30:34 [boris]
q?
15:32:17 [boris]
mhausenblas: agrees with Bernadette, but not 100% ... more best practices experiences, experiences we can share
15:32:44 [boris]
Bernadette: GLD different from LD ..
15:32:58 [PhilA2]
q+
15:34:26 [BenediktKaempgen]
Provenance blog post: http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/02/05/report-provenance-working-group-2nd-face-to-face-meeting/
15:34:55 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: I continue to see a missunderstanding in people that speak about LOD, they have fundamental missunderstanding about what LOD is
15:35:00 [gatemezi]
q?
15:35:42 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: have a checklist to check wether they are doing GLD or not
15:35:43 [sandro]
+1 making it very clear how many stars you get.
15:35:44 [PhilA2]
ack me
15:36:03 [rreck]
+1
15:36:06 [dvilasuero]
PhilA: if its possible to create a checklist, that would be excellent
15:36:08 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
15:36:25 [rreck]
+1 form!
15:36:28 [dvilasuero]
...: It could be a form that you fill, something like a validator
15:36:54 [sandro]
+1 form or checklist....
15:37:32 [sandro]
:-)
15:38:14 [Biplav]
+1 form or checklist.
15:38:43 [dvilasuero]
PhilA: my other point is: ADMS is about providing codelist to people so they can use them and link to them
15:38:45 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-50?
15:38:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-50 -- Michael Hausenblas to organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information -- due 2012-02-16 -- OPEN
15:38:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/50
15:38:51 [mhausenblas]
Michael: done, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Open_Days
15:38:55 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-50
15:38:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-50 Organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information closed
15:39:30 [Mike_P]
+1 @ Phil on use of LOD cloud in this manner
15:39:38 [dvilasuero]
...: As government agencies is you want to be in the cloud list you should follow a series of steps
15:39:57 [dvilasuero]
s/cloud/LOD cloud
15:40:08 [dvilasuero]
s/is/if
15:41:28 [dvilasuero]
PhilA: People can use it to find out about how to proceed by typing their needs
15:41:46 [dvilasuero]
...: e.g. I want to describe people, etc.
15:42:18 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Going back to the agenda
15:42:37 [dvilasuero]
q+
15:42:43 [cygri]
q+
15:42:43 [rreck]
zakim, unmute me
15:42:45 [Zakim]
rreck should no longer be muted
15:42:49 [boris]
q?
15:43:45 [dvilasuero]
rreck: Find a consistent terminology
15:43:59 [gatemezi]
q?
15:44:54 [dvilasuero]
rreck: The other questions is, looking at my notes, there was a comment from Sandro about stability and the relation it has to URIs section
15:45:11 [dvilasuero]
rreck: I wonder how we should do it
15:45:41 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Put the stuff you have in and then we can move the different parts to where they make more sense
15:46:03 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Persistence of URIs is really important
15:46:13 [cygri]
q-
15:46:22 [dvilasuero]
rreck: Stability section is making good progresses
15:46:40 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:46:44 [PhilA2]
ack dvilasuero
15:47:04 [boris]
dvilasuero: Invites all to check the URI construction section ... feedback is welcome
15:47:51 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: We need to go through issues list
15:48:20 [sandro]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-primer/ PROV Model Primer
15:48:45 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: It is important to our pragmatic prov section
15:49:03 [dvilasuero]
Bernadette: any other comments regarding pragmatic provenance?
15:49:05 [Zakim]
-rreck
15:49:17 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Update on People vocabulary
15:49:21 [cygri]
q+ to talk about dcat UC&R document
15:49:22 [boris]
TOPIC: dcat
15:49:36 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Concerning People, I'll add more details re the UC & R
15:50:04 [mhausenblas]
q+ to ask if we can today resolve to go into WG-internal review with the first batch of FPWD
15:50:18 [PhilA2]
ack cygri
15:50:18 [Zakim]
cygri, you wanted to talk about dcat UC&R document
15:50:40 [cygri]
ack me
15:50:45 [cygri]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat-ucr/index.html
15:51:00 [dvilasuero]
cygri: I wanted to mention there has been progress on DCAT and UC&R
15:51:04 [Biplav]
q+
15:51:28 [dvilasuero]
cygri: It looks pretty good, I'd say is good to go, with few modifications
15:51:52 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: where do UC&R come from?
15:52:14 [dvilasuero]
cygri: Work by Fadi and myself within Egov IG
15:52:20 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:52:47 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: DCAT and UC&R look good
15:53:04 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:53:04 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to ask if we can today resolve to go into WG-internal review with the first batch of FPWD
15:53:06 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-26
15:53:09 [Zakim]
+rreck
15:53:49 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: I was wondering if we are going today into WG-internal review?
15:54:00 [boris]
q?
15:54:02 [boris]
q+
15:54:13 [dvilasuero]
Bernadette: I am afraid we are not ready, not much progress on the wiki since F2F2
15:54:32 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Monday could be a good deadline
15:54:51 [dvilasuero]
mhausenblas: next thursday we will start internal review, right?
15:54:57 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: Yes
15:55:00 [PhilA2]
So internal review is due to start after next week's call
15:55:28 [dvilasuero]
Bernardette: We need to get a sense about what the state is regarding wiki progress
15:55:29 [PhilA2]
ack Biplav
15:55:56 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk to source data
15:56:13 [dvilasuero]
Biplav: Give an update about Source data. I am looking at specific source data within a certain domain
15:56:43 [mhausenblas]
Michael: So, I'd be interested in the outcome of this as well - all I have in the People deliverable is https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#terminology
15:56:46 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:57:24 [dvilasuero]
Biplav: There are a couple of colleagues that could help and contribute to the section
15:57:34 [dvilasuero]
...: I am checking with them
15:57:40 [Zakim]
-boris
15:57:50 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:57:54 [gatemezi]
q?
15:57:58 [PhilA2]
ack mhausenblas
15:57:58 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk to source data
15:58:12 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:58:20 [boris]
q-
15:58:58 [PhilA2]
bernadette:We have a lot of action items, some of which are rather old. Can people with action items please... take action!
15:59:20 [PhilA2]
... some are so old now that it's not clear what they relate to
15:59:28 [PhilA2]
scribe: PhilA2
15:59:53 [PhilA2]
bernadette: I've set up the issue tracker to record directory issues
16:00:11 [BartvanLeeuwen]
talked to martin hepp
16:00:55 [gatemezi]
q?
16:01:04 [sandro]
https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my
16:01:13 [PhilA2]
berndatte: kudos if you complete your actions
16:01:37 [PhilA2]
I actually completed both my actions this week :-)
16:02:06 [PhilA2]
bernadette: TPAC is in Lyon in November - can we have a f2f there?
16:02:46 [PhilA2]
Upcoming workshop -< http://www.w3.org/2012/06/pmod/
16:03:17 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk about EDF2012
16:03:31 [mhausenblas]
ack me
16:03:33 [mhausenblas]
http://data-forum.eu/
16:04:42 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about EDF2012
16:04:54 [mhausenblas]
acl me
16:04:55 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
16:04:55 [mhausenblas]
ack me
16:04:55 [BartvanLeeuwen]
okay thx bye
16:05:09 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has left #gld
16:05:12 [gatemezi]
thanks!!
16:05:34 [Zakim]
-DaveReynolds
16:05:37 [Zakim]
-tinagheen
16:05:44 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:05:45 [Zakim]
-Mike_P
16:05:47 [Zakim]
-Bernadette
16:05:49 [Zakim]
-PhilA2
16:05:53 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
16:06:00 [Zakim]
+boris
16:06:01 [Zakim]
- +3539149aabb
16:06:05 [Zakim]
-gatemezi
16:06:10 [Zakim]
-BartvanLeeuwen
16:06:11 [Zakim]
-Yigal
16:06:13 [Zakim]
-George
16:06:15 [Zakim]
-stasinos
16:06:17 [Zakim]
-fadmaa
16:06:24 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:06:42 [Zakim]
- +91.80.49.06.aadd
16:06:55 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:06:56 [Zakim]
- +1.202.409.aacc
16:07:02 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, dtaft minutes
16:07:02 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'dtaft minutes', PhilA2. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:07:12 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:07:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-gld-minutes.html PhilA2
16:08:25 [dvilasuero]
* thanks a lot phil and sorry about that
16:09:03 [Zakim]
-boris
16:09:04 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:09:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were boris, +40.50.721.aaaa, George, +3539149aabb, gatemezi, mhausenblas, dvilasuero, tinagheen, fadmaa, DaveReynolds, rreck, Mike_P, Bernadette, Sandro, cygri, PhilA2,
16:09:04 [Zakim]
... Yigal, stasinos, +1.202.409.aacc, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aadd
16:09:52 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
16:10:06 [dvilasuero]
bye!
16:29:41 [PhilA2]
PhilA2 has left #gld