IRC log of er on 2012-02-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:32:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:32:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/08-er-irc
13:32:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:32:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:32:19 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
13:32:19 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start 2 minutes ago
13:32:20 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
13:32:20 [trackbot]
Date: 08 February 2012
13:32:35 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
13:32:35 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
13:32:41 [philipA]
philipA has joined #er
13:33:06 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
13:33:06 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
13:33:47 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:33:47 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has not yet started, shadi
13:33:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see philipA, Zakim, RRSAgent, shadi, trackbot
13:35:15 [shadi]
zakim, this is ert
13:35:15 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM
13:35:17 [samuelm]
samuelm has joined #er
13:35:20 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:35:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.602.824.aaaa, Shadi, ??P12
13:35:29 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Don
13:35:29 [Zakim]
+Don; got it
13:35:39 [shadi]
zakim, ??p12 is philipA
13:35:39 [Zakim]
+philipA; got it
13:35:53 [Zakim]
+??P13
13:36:14 [shadi]
zakim, ??p13 is samuelm
13:36:14 [Zakim]
+samuelm; got it
13:38:36 [shadi]
scribe: philipA
13:38:48 [shadi]
Topic: New ERT WG Participant
13:38:51 [shadi]
Don Raikes
13:39:46 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2012Feb/0013.html
13:40:15 [shadi]
Topic: Causality and EARL
13:40:56 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011Dec/0000.html
13:42:14 [philipA]
Shadi: any thoughts?
13:42:40 [shadi]
earl:cause
13:42:58 [philipA]
Shadi: Proposal is, to have a property called "cause", describing the cause of an error
13:43:09 [Zakim]
-Don
13:43:43 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10/#TestResult
13:43:45 [Zakim]
+Don
13:44:02 [shadi]
earl:info
13:44:02 [shadi]
earl:outcome
13:44:02 [shadi]
earl:pointer
13:44:34 [philipA]
Shadi: "cause" could be a kind of an "info"
13:44:46 [shadi]
my:cause is sub-property of earl:info
13:46:12 [philipA]
Shadi: ok to propose this?
13:46:27 [philipA]
PhilipA: Can a sub-property extend the range?
13:46:50 [philipA]
PhilipA: Or must it use a literal as in "earl:info"?
13:46:57 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_properties
13:47:03 [Zakim]
-Don
13:47:26 [Zakim]
+Don
13:48:14 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_subclassof
13:49:41 [philipA]
Shadi: I think it would keep the range and cannot extend it, but not quite sure. Will look into it.
13:51:37 [philipA]
SamuelM: I'm think it mixes application logic (cause of error) with the report
13:54:26 [philipA]
Shadi: Do we need to have more structure?
13:55:09 [philipA]
SamuelM: from the perspective of webid it could be useful, agreed
13:55:40 [philipA]
Shadi: Are there other use cases than for for webid?
13:56:05 [Zakim]
-Don
13:56:49 [Zakim]
+Don
13:57:16 [philipA]
Shadi: first question / action: check if sub-property inherits range or if it can change the range
13:57:37 [philipA]
Shadi: maybe another approach is to drop the range for "earl:info"
13:58:04 [shadi]
action: shadi to check if domain and range of a property are transposed to a sub-property
13:58:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-136 - Check if domain and range of a property are transposed to a sub-property [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-02-15].
13:59:32 [philipA]
Shadi: second question: think about other use cases for this
13:59:44 [Zakim]
-Don
14:00:13 [shadi]
Topics: Close open issues
14:00:31 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues#overall
14:00:55 [shadi]
[[Drop rdfs:Domain and rdfs:Range for OWL constraints to increase reusability of the terms]]
14:01:12 [Zakim]
+Don
14:01:34 [philipA]
Shadi: 1.) drop rdfs:Domain and rdfs:Range
14:01:54 [philipA]
Shadi: 2.) use OWL constraints
14:02:14 [philipA]
Shadi: I did ask a semantic web colleague about this
14:02:33 [philipA]
Shadi: conflicting comments from the semantic web people
14:02:52 [philipA]
Shadi: there isn't any reason to change it
14:04:27 [philipA]
Shadi: my proposal to close this item without dropping rdf:Domain and rdfs:Range and withoud using OWL constraints
14:04:46 [philipA]
Shadi: any objections?
14:04:49 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: close issue "Drop rdfs:Domain and rdfs:Range for OWL constraints to increase reusability of the terms"
14:05:14 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: close issue "Use OWL constraints to express conformance requirements"
14:05:47 [shadi]
[[Use of prefix "dc" vs "dct"]]
14:06:40 [philipA]
SamuelM: we have two different namespaces, one pointing to dc terms and to dc elements
14:07:14 [philipA]
SamuelM: in case of dc terms we use the prefix "dct", in case of dc elements we use "dc"
14:08:33 [philipA]
SamuelM: but we will align to the community
14:08:46 [shadi]
http://dublincore.org/schemas/rdfs/#NAMESPACE
14:08:58 [samuelm]
http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/
14:09:08 [philipA]
SamuelM: but we need to be consistent in the EARL specification
14:09:16 [shadi]
http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-namespace/
14:10:56 [philipA]
Shadi: "dc" seems to be more widely used as "dct"
14:10:56 [shadi]
"dc" usually more than "dct" or "dc-terms"
14:11:11 [philipA]
SamuelM: but "dc" refers to the older specification
14:11:26 [shadi]
"dcmi-terms"
14:11:56 [shadi]
[[suggestion "dct" or "dc-terms"]]
14:12:09 [philipA]
SamuelM: suggestion would be to use "dct" or "dc-terms"
14:12:27 [philipA]
SamuelM: in no case use "dc", because it points to the older specification
14:13:39 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: use prefix "dc" with namespace http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/
14:13:49 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: use prefix "dct" with namespace http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/
14:15:07 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/guide-issues#serialization
14:15:50 [philipA]
Shadi: EARL can represent TAP and xUnit
14:16:45 [philipA]
Shadi: TAP seems to be more line-based with sequentially output
14:17:43 [philipA]
Shadi: mabe put in a paragraph in the EARL guide
14:18:01 [philipA]
Shadi: clarifying the relationship from EARL to TAP an xUnit
14:19:06 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: no overlapping use cases even though all three specifications allow the representation of test results; could mention that EARL results can be serialized as TAP and/or xUnit, and vice-versa, in the corresponding section
14:20:35 [shadi]
Topic: Upcoming Meetings
14:21:03 [shadi]
22 February 2012
14:21:23 [shadi]
7 March 2012
14:22:42 [Zakim]
-Don
14:22:46 [Zakim]
-philipA
14:22:50 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:22:52 [Zakim]
-samuelm
14:22:54 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
14:22:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.602.824.aaaa, Shadi, Don, philipA, samuelm
14:22:59 [philipA]
philipA has left #er
14:23:08 [samuelm]
samuelm has left #er
14:45:07 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:45:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:45:07 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:45:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:45:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/08-er-minutes.html trackbot
14:45:16 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:45:16 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/08-er-actions.rdf :
14:45:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to check if domain and range of a property are transposed to a sub-property [1]
14:45:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/08-er-irc#T13-58-04