IRC log of au on 2012-01-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:49:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:49:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/30-au-irc
19:49:44 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:49:44 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
19:49:49 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:50:18 [Jan]
Agenda:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JanMar/0018.html
19:59:44 [andrewronksley]
andrewronksley has joined #au
20:00:05 [AlastairC]
AlastairC has joined #au
20:00:12 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:19 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:00:29 [Jan]
zakim, ??P4 is really Jan
20:00:29 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:01:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:31 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
20:01:37 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:01:41 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jutta
20:01:42 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
20:01:54 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
20:02:35 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:40 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Alastair
20:03:40 [Zakim]
+Alastair; got it
20:04:02 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:04:21 [Jan]
zakim, ??P2 is really Andrew
20:04:21 [Zakim]
+Andrew; got it
20:04:31 [Jan]
Scribe: Jan
20:04:51 [Zakim]
+Greg
20:04:55 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:05:07 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:06:14 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:06:35 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Alex
20:06:35 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
20:06:45 [Jan]
Topic: 1. Is the group satisfied with the "accessible content" proposal
20:07:07 [Jan]
JT: Status of meeting with WCAG, Jeanne?
20:07:25 [Jan]
JS: Will take care of that this PM
20:07:32 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JanMar/0014.html
20:07:51 [Jan]
JT: Suggestions, concerns - we brought it up last week?
20:08:35 [Jan]
Alex: What is the goal of the meeting?
20:08:48 [Jan]
JT: Mutually agreeable solution.
20:09:26 [Jan]
AL: Would we be ok with a search-and-replace term?
20:11:02 [Jan]
AL: Is there a list of terms.
20:11:12 [Jan]
JR: I sent a list to WAI-CG a while back
20:11:45 [Jan]
AL: Right, accessibility can be a loaded term
20:14:15 [Jan]
GP: WCAG has a note on this
20:14:59 [Jan]
AL: What about WCAG conformant
20:16:49 [Jan]
JR: Then there is the "accessibility supported" issue
20:17:13 [Jan]
JS: For me , readability is the most important issue
20:17:33 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:17:37 [Jan]
GP: How can you describe "accessible" without that term?
20:17:49 [Jan]
AL: Its all complicated by context of use etc.
20:18:03 [Tim]
Tim has joined #au
20:18:14 [Jan]
AL: And WCAG has been very careful to describe that and the y just want us to respect that
20:19:10 [Jan]
GP: Reads WCAG's disclaimer note...
20:19:36 [Jan]
AL: But WCAG2 does not use term accessible in the SC's
20:20:15 [Jan]
JS: OK to remove from our SC but want to keep in principles and guidelihnes
20:20:45 [Jan]
AL: Assuming we are entering a negotiation...know your bottom line ahead of time
20:23:15 [Jan]
AC: I support the proposed text...not trying to be hard line...just wondering what compromise would look like.
20:24:20 [Jan]
JT: I hear the group saying we should start with our proposal here, trying to keep our document simple
20:24:24 [Jan]
AC: Agreed
20:24:28 [Jan]
GP: Agreed
20:24:56 [Jan]
JT: So Jeanne, you will set up meeting?
20:24:58 [Jan]
JS: Yes
20:25:08 [Jan]
Topic: 2. Copy-paste and ATAG2 B.1.2.1 Restructuring and Recoding Transformations
20:25:14 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JanMar/0017.html
20:30:13 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
20:50:05 [AlastairC]
AC: Makes sense, I hadn't thought it applied to copy-paste when reading about re-structuring the first time.
20:50:41 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept splitting copy-paste from content transformations]
20:50:52 [Jan]
regrets: Cherie E.
20:50:58 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:51:01 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
20:51:02 [Zakim]
-Alastair
20:51:02 [Zakim]
-Jutta
20:51:04 [Zakim]
-Greg
20:51:05 [Zakim]
-Andrew
20:51:14 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
20:51:15 [Jan]
regrets:
20:51:31 [Jan]
oops I think Cherie was here afterall
20:51:51 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
20:51:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/30-au-minutes.html Jan
20:51:58 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
20:52:04 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
20:52:04 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Jan, Jeanne, Jutta, Alastair, Andrew, Greg, [Microsoft], Alex, Tim_Boland
20:52:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
20:52:10 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
20:52:10 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items