IRC log of wai-wcag on 2012-01-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to
20:59:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:59:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:59:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
20:59:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:59:17 [trackbot]
Date: 26 January 2012
20:59:43 [MichaelC]
20:59:48 [MichaelC]
regrets: Kathy_Wahlbin
20:59:58 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:01:19 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
21:01:26 [Zakim]
21:01:41 [Zakim]
21:02:36 [Joshue108]
zakim, code?
21:02:36 [Zakim]
the conference code is 9224 (tel:+1.617.761.6200, Joshue108
21:02:56 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:03:03 [Zakim]
21:03:04 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:11 [Zakim]
21:03:14 [Joshue108]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Joshue
21:03:14 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
21:03:26 [Zakim]
21:03:29 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:40 [jamesn]
zakim, who is on the call?
21:03:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, Joshue, James_Nurthen, Marc_Johlic
21:18:02 [MichaelC]
-> Technqiues in wiki
21:18:46 [MichaelC]
21:24:20 [Loretta]
Loretta to invite Wolf and Mary to Feb 6 Taskforce Meeting to discuss writing techniques.
21:25:04 [Loretta]
Discussion about WCAG teleconference only meeting every other week (or less) to handle public comments, until Taskforce has techniques to be reviewed.
21:25:58 [Loretta]
James will be out for a month starting mid-April; Josh will need to chair himself for that period.
21:27:25 [Loretta]
All who can participate should respond to the survey that Josh sent out about Taskforce times.
21:28:18 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue 2582: adjacent multiple image links
21:34:12 [Zakim]
21:34:13 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
21:36:32 [adam]
can someone put in a link to the document we are discussing - thanks
21:37:04 [Joshue108]
Yes, please do!
21:37:07 [marcjohlic]
21:37:13 [Joshue108]
21:38:58 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
21:39:41 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue 2583: WYSIWYG editors non-support of complex tables
21:40:57 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
21:41:21 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue 2586: Failure to choose appropriate table row and column headings
21:47:23 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: Loretta to contact Detlev about potentially writing some Failures
21:47:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-167 - Contact Detlev about potentially writing some Failures [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2012-02-02].
21:47:41 [marcjohlic]
There are concerns about capturing what it means to be a descriptive heading in a table
21:48:23 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Leave Issue 2586 open pending actions
21:48:44 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Sufficient Technique for SC 1.3.1, 2.4.1 : Using ARIA landmarks
22:00:38 [Zakim]
22:07:09 [MichaelC]
present: Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, Joshue, James_Nurthen, Marc_Johlic, Adam_Solomon
22:07:28 [Zakim]
22:07:56 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Will pass along Landmarks technique to HTML5 / ARIA Task Force for more discussion
22:09:22 [Zakim]
22:10:06 [Zakim]
22:10:07 [Zakim]
22:10:09 [Zakim]
22:10:09 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:10:11 [Zakim]
Attendees were Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, James_Nurthen, Joshue, Marc_Johlic, [IPcaller]
22:29:54 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag