IRC log of egov on 2012-01-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:12:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
13:12:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/24-egov-irc
13:12:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #egov
13:13:00 [sandro]
zakim, this will be egov
13:13:00 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, sandro
13:13:15 [sandro]
zakim, room for 50 at 9am for 90 minutes?
13:13:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, sandro.
13:13:28 [sandro]
zakim, room for 50 at 9:00 for 90 minutes?
13:13:31 [Zakim]
ok, sandro; conference Team_(egov)14:00Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) at 09:00 for 90 minutes until 1530Z; however, please note that capacity is now overbooked
13:18:48 [jdforrester]
jdforrester has joined #egov
13:20:57 [Ralph]
Ralph has joined #egov
13:21:28 [sandro]
Hey, Ralph. I make an ad hoc, hoping it would default to code EGOV.
13:21:32 [sandro]
(but it didnt)
13:21:55 [sandro]
THANK YOU!!
13:22:22 [sandro]
Please.
13:23:08 [Ralph]
done
13:23:52 [Ralph]
Ralph has left #egov
13:26:57 [sandro]
zakim, what is the code?
13:26:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), sandro
13:27:04 [sandro]
RRSAgent, pointer?
13:27:04 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2012/01/24-egov-irc#T13-27-04
13:27:12 [sandro]
RRSAgent, set logs public
13:31:21 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has joined #egov
13:36:23 [sandro]
good morning, olyerickson
13:55:53 [brand]
brand has joined #egov
13:56:18 [citizencontact]
citizencontact has joined #egov
13:56:49 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #egov
13:57:05 [Zakim]
Team_(egov)14:00Z has now started
13:57:12 [Zakim]
+sandro
13:57:39 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:58:09 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: eGov IG - Call +1.617.761.6200 code 3468 (EGOV) - Platforms for Open Data
13:58:09 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.281.aaaa
13:58:13 [martin]
martin has joined #egov
13:59:12 [Jeanne]
Jeanne has joined #egov
13:59:20 [Zakim]
+ +44.207.222.aabb
13:59:31 [jdforrester]
zakim, ??P2 may be me
13:59:31 [Zakim]
+jdforrester?; got it
13:59:45 [james_gardner]
james_gardner has joined #egov
14:00:03 [Zakim]
+??P7
14:00:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:00:08 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:00:10 [martin]
zakim, ??P7 is me
14:00:10 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
14:00:15 [olyerickson]
zakim, P8 is me.
14:00:15 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named 'P8'
14:00:17 [Ansgar]
Ansgar has joined #egov
14:00:20 [Jeanne]
P8 is me
14:00:30 [olyerickson]
zakim, ??p8 is me.
14:00:30 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
14:00:31 [annew]
annew has joined #egov
14:00:36 [martin]
zakim, mute me
14:00:36 [Zakim]
martin should now be muted
14:00:40 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me.
14:00:41 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:01:29 [Carlo]
Carlo has joined #egov
14:01:48 [olyerickson]
Hi everyone!
14:01:51 [olyerickson]
yep!
14:02:04 [wnbot]
wnbot has joined #egov
14:02:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.331.aacc
14:02:47 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:02:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.684.aadd
14:02:58 [sandro]
jeanne: Working on a new co-chair. I'm looking forward to that being completed very soon.
14:02:59 [LeeF]
zakim, IPcaller.a is me
14:02:59 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.847.699.aaee
14:03:17 [citizencontact]
.aadd is me Daniel Bennett
14:03:19 [Zakim]
-jdforrester?
14:03:22 [sandro]
jeanne: When we have that, we can dig in on the plans from our TPAC meeting
14:03:22 [jdforrester]
Argh.
14:03:25 [Makx]
Makx has joined #egov
14:03:37 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:03:44 [KevinSimkins]
KevinSimkins has joined #egov
14:03:45 [jdforrester]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
14:03:45 [Zakim]
+jdforrester; got it
14:03:47 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sandro, +1.703.281.aaaa, +44.207.222.aabb, martin (muted), [IPcaller], olyerickson (muted), +1.571.331.aacc, LeeF, +1.202.684.aadd, +1.847.699.aaee, jdforrester
14:03:51 [sandro]
Jeanne: I'll email out some details about upcoming meetings, too.
14:04:16 [citizencontact]
.aadd is Daniel Bennett
14:04:25 [james_gardner]
James Gardner (from the OKF present)
14:04:35 [sandro]
zakim, aacc is bhyland
14:04:35 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
14:04:46 [sandro]
zakim, aass is DanielBennett
14:04:46 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I do not recognize a party named 'aass'
14:04:49 [brand]
Brand Niemann (Semantic Community) present
14:04:51 [sandro]
zakim, aadd is DanielBennett
14:04:51 [Zakim]
+DanielBennett; got it
14:04:52 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:04:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.509.464.aaff
14:05:19 [sandro]
jeanne: Status check on US+India open data platform
14:05:24 [sandro]
jeanne: ckan
14:05:33 [sandro]
jeanne: connecting with other folks, too.
14:05:38 [james_gardner]
CKAN Presentation Plan: http://ckan.okfnpad.org/egov
14:06:01 [olyerickson]
We need to give more feedback ;)
14:06:06 [sandro]
jeanne: apprreciate feedback on github release
14:06:06 [Jeanne]
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/12/05/datagov-goes-global
14:07:05 [sandro]
jeanne: blog post, "data.gov goes global", platform, uses drupal
14:07:21 [Jeanne]
http://www.data.gov/opengovplatform
14:07:52 [Jeanne]
https://github.com/opengovplatform/opengovplatform
14:07:56 [Zakim]
+George_Thomas
14:08:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.413.652.aagg
14:09:19 [sandro]
jeanne: All the component pieces are or will be available
14:09:39 [sandro]
jeanne: Gov't of India will be releasing the website part of it.
14:10:13 [sandro]
jeanne: Anyone can create these themselves, but we wanted to make sure people who wanted wholeheartedly embrace the platform, it would be there.
14:10:18 [olyerickson]
Comment: People should really take a look at OGPL, there are some cool features incl. workflow, etc
14:10:28 [sandro]
jeanne: 3rd piece is Communities (of Interest)
14:10:36 [sandro]
... just launched "Education" community
14:10:45 [ed_]
ed_ has joined #egov
14:10:48 [sandro]
s/Comment://
14:11:21 [George]
George has joined #egov
14:11:21 [sandro]
... we want the Communities part in the base, and will put that out soon
14:11:33 [sandro]
... So, we've got those three parts
14:11:54 [sandro]
... We're working to get these into the hands of developers who can use it, improve it.
14:12:26 [olyerickson]
There has been very little activity on OGPL Github issues list, people need to be posting there https://github.com/opengovplatform/opengovplatform/issues
14:12:34 [sandro]
... In our own case, for data.gov, we have a lot amount of geospacial data, and use socrata (for interaction with data, on the site), maybe other commercial add-ons -- fitting in with Open Source platform.
14:12:51 [sandro]
... Hoping to have this operational by June.
14:13:01 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:13:15 [edsu]
zakim, IPcaller.a is edsu
14:13:15 [Zakim]
+edsu; got it
14:13:32 [sandro]
,,,any questions?
14:13:39 [sandro]
bhyland: Who is the "we" there...?
14:14:07 [sandro]
... communities and open-source projects often have people's names associated with them. this seems a bit antiseptic for open source.
14:14:26 [olyerickson]
Link on OGPL site to NIC appears broken; should it be http://www.nic.in/
14:15:22 [sandro]
jeanne: Good point, thanks. "We" on the US side is the 5-person data.gov team, ...
14:15:54 [sandro]
... Chris M. uploaded the content, but .. etc..
14:15:56 [olyerickson]
zakim, unmute me.
14:15:56 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:16:01 [olyerickson]
q+
14:16:14 [citizencontact]
please mute if not talking
14:16:21 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me.
14:16:21 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:16:35 [sandro]
bhyland: I'd appreciate seeing the names of people who can be contacted, for actually open source collaboration.
14:17:38 [olyerickson]
q?
14:18:02 [sandro]
jeanne: mailing list next week.
14:18:05 [olyerickson]
zakim, unmute me.
14:18:05 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:19:04 [sandro]
Arg -- John, you're breaking up again!
14:19:10 [sandro]
(now you're back)
14:19:47 [brand]
Do you have Data Scientists on the Team? I am working with a Community of Practice on Analytics for Government that is working on the Data.gov and other public data sets in this way
14:20:02 [sandro]
olyerickson: One of my colleagues is having trouble interacting with the developers, not getting feedback when they raise issues, etc --- this is important to getting the community running.
14:20:09 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me please.
14:20:09 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mute me please', olyerickson
14:20:17 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me.
14:20:17 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:20:52 [sandro]
bhyland, feedback has to be withing 48 hrs.
14:21:08 [olyerickson]
Community needs to provide timely feedback; team needs to respond
14:21:44 [olyerickson]
Brand: jst posted w.r.t. data scientist engagement
14:21:52 [olyerickson]
... book on data science
14:21:58 [olyerickson]
... looking to build community
14:22:07 [olyerickson]
Q: what do we mean by "dfata science"
14:22:21 [olyerickson]
... scientist data science or analytics data science
14:22:30 [brand]
http://semanticommunity.info/AOL_Government/Data_Science_for_the_Government_Community
14:22:30 [olyerickson]
yes
14:22:45 [olyerickson]
any more great suggestions?>
14:22:52 [olyerickson]
(none provided)
14:23:08 [olyerickson]
moving forward, partrnering with "a couple" governments
14:23:18 [olyerickson]
NIC (India) will be leading htis
14:23:36 [olyerickson]
hopefully developing country/countries
14:24:07 [olyerickson]
Another thing: for any who have done open data site, know that policy is half the work
14:24:24 [olyerickson]
... will be putting up examples of things to think about w.er.t. policy
14:24:42 [olyerickson]
... need to put up case studies, exemplars
14:24:56 [olyerickson]
... successful open govt initives (not jst open data)
14:25:14 [olyerickson]
.... ?? from ??? university will be invited to speak on eGov in future
14:25:29 [olyerickson]
... would be helped to have checklist, not jst the code
14:25:36 [BDHandspicker]
BDHandspicker has joined #egov
14:25:41 [olyerickson]
@bhyland strongly in support
14:25:42 [Jeanne]
Tomasz Jankoski from UN University
14:25:55 [gdick]
gdick has joined #egov
14:26:36 [olyerickson]
... need to bring out use cases, identify value proposition, what are the examples/exemplars
14:26:47 [sandro]
s/Tomasz Jankoski/Tomasz Janowski/
14:27:10 [jdforrester]
Zakim, q+
14:27:10 [Zakim]
I see olyerickson, jdforrester on the speaker queue
14:27:14 [olyerickson]
... EU-funded orbit have made good progress, but had guidance/help
14:27:24 [olyerickson]
q-
14:27:45 [olyerickson]
re virtual, yes --- there better be ;)
14:28:32 [olyerickson]
zakim, am I muted?
14:28:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, olyerickson.
14:29:21 [sandro]
jdforrester: We've made lots of progress on policy, happy to share. Some nervousness about which way to go with linked data
14:29:22 [edsu]
Jim
14:29:34 [jdforrester]
James. :-)
14:29:39 [edsu]
:)
14:29:42 [james_gardner]
Hi James, nice to see our paths crossing again.
14:29:49 [jdforrester]
(Hey James G.)
14:30:02 [sandro]
jeanne: collecting case studies, value proposition.
14:30:50 [sandro]
jeanne: There tends to need to be one person who gathers/edits/re-distributes -- coordinating
14:30:59 [sandro]
s/jeanne/byland
14:31:10 [sandro]
bhyland: James, if you have stuff to share, please do.
14:31:40 [sandro]
bhyland: heard people saying "No, I don't want white papers. A short briefing, with links, is better."
14:32:16 [olyerickson]
James, your voice broke up
14:32:28 [sandro]
jdforrester, sorry, your audio is breaking up
14:32:33 [jdforrester]
Sorry for audio issues.
14:32:45 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #egov
14:32:52 [jdforrester]
For the minutes: Very happy to speak off-line about what works well in terms of policy form-factor for this.
14:32:57 [sandro]
bhyland: Maybe email team-gld-chairs@w3.org
14:33:06 [edsu]
q+
14:33:10 [jdforrester]
q-
14:33:13 [sandro]
jeanne: Other comments/thoughts on Open Government Platform
14:33:30 [olyerickson]
No further suggestions from TWC RPI
14:33:40 [sandro]
edsu: Sorry I'm late, but did you talk about conversations with Rufus & CKAN folks?
14:33:49 [sandro]
jeanne: Next on the agenda....!
14:34:18 [sandro]
jeanne: The early data.gov folks were not aware of ckan. Might have used it, if they had been.
14:34:42 [sandro]
jeanne: But now we're coordinating. follow-on meetings.
14:35:10 [sandro]
topic: CKAN
14:35:26 [james_gardner]
http://ckan.okfnpad.org/egov
14:36:05 [olyerickson]
Some are familiar, some aren't
14:36:07 [sandro]
james_gardner: Have familiar are folks with ckan
14:36:23 [edsu]
brief overview would be good
14:36:29 [sandro]
s/have/how/
14:36:53 [sandro]
james_gardner: I work for Open Knowledge Foundation.
14:37:10 [sandro]
james_gardner: use slides at http://jimmyg.org/download/egov/1-okf.pdf to start
14:37:17 [brand]
See http://semanticommunity.info/Build_CKAN_in_the_Cloud for my involvement
14:37:41 [sandro]
james_gardner: Find, share data, collaborate, ecosystem
14:38:04 [sandro]
james_gardner: datahub.org public contrib site
14:38:34 [sandro]
james_gardner: much like socrata functionality. fully open source.
14:39:24 [sandro]
james_gardner: Able to search datasets by geo bounding box
14:40:14 [citizencontact]
just retry/reload
14:40:53 [sandro]
james_gardner: Slide 4, other catalogs, about where data comes from.
14:41:04 [sandro]
... helping with ecosystem
14:41:22 [sandro]
... "is it open data" to help presure folks to open data
14:41:37 [sandro]
... Loads of people have built apps on this
14:42:00 [sandro]
... 30 instances world-wide, eg data.gov.uk, manchester, etc
14:42:13 [edsu]
http://publicdata.eu/
14:42:14 [sandro]
... RDF export of certain common dataset properties (side 7)
14:42:25 [sandro]
... uses dcat
14:42:41 [sandro]
... harvesting architecture
14:43:17 [sandro]
... big problem -- catalogs tend to be silos of their own data. ckan has harvesting interface, where you register a data source and we'll go get the data out.
14:43:32 [olyerickson]
Are we supposed to be clicking through all these PDFs?
14:43:37 [sandro]
olyerickson, yes.
14:44:09 [sandro]
james_gardner: We can write a harvester for catalogs pretty easily, in general.
14:44:56 [olyerickson]
What slide are we on?
14:44:59 [sandro]
james_gardner: REST API, CVS, ... rich publishing workflows, drupal integration
14:45:11 [sandro]
james_gardner: might be scope to collaborate there.
14:45:24 [sandro]
... that's the quick overview. Questions...?
14:45:28 [Zakim]
+bhyland.a
14:45:33 [Zakim]
-bhyland
14:45:41 [sandro]
bhyland: thanks!
14:46:24 [sandro]
brand: Lucy Chambers, your community person, is one of your strongest features. And Sam, and Mark. Half the team is Community Development folks.
14:46:38 [sandro]
brand: Plus half-dev/have community-coordinator people.
14:46:47 [bhyland]
@jdforrester - what is the size of the core OKF team, including developers/contributors & Lucy type people?
14:47:06 [jdforrester]
bhyland, I think you mean @james_gardner. :-)
14:47:12 [sandro]
james_gardner: And Sam, and Mark. Half the team is Community Development folks. (3-4 of ten) Plus half-dev/have community-coordinator people.
14:47:26 [sandro]
james_gardner: For some people, it is their full-time job.
14:47:33 [sandro]
bhyland: Funding?
14:47:50 [sandro]
james_gardner: Some Grant funding, eg Rufus from Shuttlesworth Foundation
14:48:02 [edsu]
q+ to ask about harvesting
14:48:12 [olyerickson]
zakim, unmute me.
14:48:12 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:48:15 [olyerickson]
q+
14:48:27 [citizencontact]
Darth?
14:48:27 [sandro]
james_gardner: Our main goal is to see the spread of open data. People who might seem to be rivals, often we can easily turn into allies and work together
14:48:29 [ocr]
ocr has joined #egov
14:48:47 [edsu]
olyerickson: i think you might need to mute :)
14:48:52 [olyerickson]
arrghh
14:48:57 [George]
q+ - module CKAN module update for D7?
14:48:58 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me.
14:49:00 [bhyland]
@jdforrester, OKF and CKAN are the gold standard for open content development & community building.
14:49:01 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:49:06 [George]
q+
14:49:12 [olyerickson]
q-
14:49:18 [sandro]
(Yes, it was you, olyerickson :-( )
14:49:24 [edsu]
olyerickson: didn't want you not to ask a question though :(
14:49:37 [sandro]
Jeanne: james_gardner can you explain how the community engagement occurs?
14:50:01 [olyerickson]
Question: Wat is the status of the follw-up to the (great) catalog metadata workshop in Edinburgh (May 2011)
14:50:09 [olyerickson]
s/wat/what/
14:50:20 [olyerickson]
s/Wat/What/
14:50:23 [sandro]
james_gardner: On developer level, events in london or around the world, we run into people who are doing similar things. well-architected plug-in architecture.
14:50:33 [sandro]
james_gardner: plus people start installing it, and have questions.
14:50:58 [olyerickson]
Question: Is James aware of W3C GLD WG pushing foward with DCAT draft
14:51:04 [sandro]
james_gardner: Open Government Conferences. All through networking. Strong community basis, so we find out about stuff pretty quickly.
14:51:25 [sandro]
... mission is about open data, not just ckan.
14:51:52 [sandro]
james_gardner: datacatalogs.org
14:52:23 [olyerickson]
Partial answer
14:52:29 [bhyland]
@sandro - so when you download the 7.1MB file James provided, did you get only one page too?
14:52:39 [sandro]
Jeanne: Great. That answers what happened following up the catalog metadata workshop in eninborough
14:52:46 [sandro]
s/enin/Edin/
14:52:47 [bhyland]
@sandro, I didn't get a timeout, it looks like file is only 1 page, yes?
14:52:56 [olyerickson]
Not right now
14:52:58 [citizencontact]
What version of HTML do the sites use?
14:53:07 [olyerickson]
Ekiga is flakey :(
14:53:10 [sandro]
bhyland, only one worked for me, and it was only one page, yes.
14:53:26 [olyerickson]
DCAT moving forward?
14:53:28 [gdick]
me too 7.1 MB 1 page
14:53:39 [sandro]
james_gardner: What's the intention of Open Govet Platform -- collab with CKAN.
14:53:39 [olyerickson]
can I try speaking>
14:53:53 [citizencontact]
hmmmm
14:54:43 [sandro]
Jeanne: We had a call last week with Rufus, and 3-4 others from CKAN, to get OGP folks familiar with CKAN. Trying to figure out how to get synnergy. Folks are looking at this, will report back. In exploration phase.
14:55:08 [citizencontact]
looks like RDFa
14:55:21 [olyerickson]
@bhyland you have to go to the Titanpad aURL
14:55:24 [edsu]
q+
14:55:31 [olyerickson]
in there is a list of severl slides
14:55:35 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:55:56 [sandro]
edsu: thanks for the nice overview. I've been following ckan for some years, but I didnt know some of those details.
14:56:02 [citizencontact]
with XHTML strict or not so
14:56:17 [sandro]
... I remember from the past you had lots of description of where data was on the web, but not necessarily the data itself
14:57:09 [olyerickson]
Frustrated that it doesn't allow RDF bulk load
14:57:10 [sandro]
james_gardner: True. We're moving to the WebStore, with REST API, so folks can build more apps based on the data -- not just quality metadata any more.
14:57:23 [sandro]
james_gardner: WebStore is a CKAN extension, like pretty much everything else.
14:57:37 [sandro]
... might move into core at some point
14:57:47 [sandro]
james_gardner: It's a different github repository
14:58:08 [james_gardner]
http://wiki.ckan.org/List_of_Extensions
14:58:25 [sandro]
lod2
14:59:17 [sandro]
james_gardner: We can ckan-ify lots of different data sources view the ckan harvesting interface.
14:59:30 [bhyland]
s/jdforrester/james_gardner
14:59:32 [sandro]
s/view/via
15:00:02 [bhyland]
s/jdforrester/james_gardner/
15:00:02 [Zakim]
- +1.509.464.aaff
15:00:32 [sandro]
james_gardner: We just write two hook functions for converting from other data sources.
15:00:58 [sandro]
james_gardner: plus dcat import and export
15:01:02 [olyerickson]
Whoa, repeat that bit about DCAT inpout./export
15:01:22 [citizencontact]
General invitation to all for Washington, DC event on Feb. 2nd (note that there should be a webcast) http://cha.house.gov/about/contact-us/legislative-data-conference
15:01:30 [james_gardner]
https://github.com/okfn/
15:02:04 [james_gardner]
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest
15:02:22 [olyerickson]
Question: How are you getting your havesting targets?
15:02:31 [sandro]
james_gardner: We can certainly do harvester to share data with your platform
15:02:49 [bhyland]
@james_gardner - thanks for a great detailed talk on CKAN. I'm glad to have connected with you. I have to drop off the call because I have another call.
15:03:05 [Zakim]
-bhyland.a
15:03:05 [annew]
exit
15:03:20 [sandro]
james_gardner: moving more toward jsonp/REST
15:03:29 [olyerickson]
what is james' email
15:03:32 [citizencontact]
hi bye anne
15:03:38 [james_gardner]
james.gardner@okfn.org
15:03:48 [sandro]
Jeanne: more questions for james?
15:03:58 [olyerickson]
Thanks, James!
15:04:03 [sandro]
Jeanne: Thanks! Happy we're collaborating!
15:04:07 [sandro]
(indeed, thanks!)
15:04:30 [Zakim]
+ +44.786.783.aahh
15:04:30 [Makx]
can i report on ADMS in europe
15:04:36 [sandro]
Jeanne: For this IG, I'm looking at the major components. Not just open data, even though we're kind of self-selecting for that right now.
15:04:40 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
15:04:45 [sandro]
jeanne: Maybe more on *policy*
15:05:17 [sandro]
jeanne: I'll put time on the next agenda for folks to report out on what their doing. If you have a topic, let me know.
15:05:18 [olyerickson]
Is this the current address for James_Gardner?  james@3aims.com
15:05:26 [edsu]
another area we could collaborate is the policy/case_study content, i bet okfn has collected some of this already
15:05:36 [sandro]
Jeanne: Other topics?
15:05:42 [citizencontact]
hi
15:05:47 [jdforrester]
I definitely think a move to capture policy areas as well would be helpful.
15:05:49 [james_gardner]
james@3aims.com works too, but my OKF address is james.gardner@okfn.org, probably best to use that.
15:05:53 [edsu]
i'd like to hear about the state of dcat at some point
15:05:55 [jdforrester]
(Sorry audio still an issue.)
15:06:03 [olyerickson]
Suggestion: OGPL status/extensions
15:06:18 [citizencontact]
what are the deliverables?
15:06:42 [olyerickson]
@citizencontact this is an IG so no deliverables
15:06:54 [sandro]
Jeanne: New poll on meeting times. Might do two meetings per month, but with different times, with one more suitable in other parts of the world.
15:07:04 [citizencontact]
announcement
15:07:17 [Makx]
Can I talk about ADMS?
15:07:24 [citizencontact]
+citizencontact
15:07:27 [sandro]
ed: Planning anything for the Web Conference?
15:07:38 [sandro]
(The Web Conference is *NOT* a W3C thing.)
15:08:19 [citizencontact]
add to queue please. forgot the format
15:08:47 [olyerickson]
zakim, add citizencontact to the queue.
15:08:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'add citizencontact to the queue', olyerickson
15:09:05 [jdforrester]
citizencontact, "+ q" without the space.
15:09:11 [citizencontact]
+q
15:09:14 [citizencontact]
thanks
15:09:32 [brand]
I suggest we work for a balance between technology, policy, and applications that provide ROI in our meetings and products
15:09:43 [edsu]
Jeanne: that's great news
15:09:56 [olyerickson]
Please repeat where?
15:10:02 [edsu]
july 10-12, washington dc?
15:10:06 [citizencontact]
link to information please
15:10:19 [citizencontact]
thanks for the save the date
15:10:35 [Jeanne]
Save the date July 10-12 in Washington DC for the next International Open Government Data conference.
15:11:02 [sandro]
edsu, it's "International World Wide Web Conferences Committee" as per http://www2012.wwwconference.org
15:11:18 [Makx]
I wanted to share that ADMS is open for public comment: http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms/release/08
15:11:18 [olyerickson]
@Jeanne I'll make sure we have ;lots to show
15:11:24 [sandro]
Jeanne: Other announcements
15:11:26 [sandro]
q?
15:11:39 [sandro]
q- edsu
15:11:54 [sandro]
q- George
15:11:56 [Makx]
q
15:11:58 [sandro]
ack citizencontact
15:12:00 [Zakim]
-jdforrester
15:12:06 [jdforrester]
Bah.
15:12:13 [sandro]
citizencontact: this is Daniel Bennett. Feb 2nd
15:12:29 [Zakim]
+??P42
15:12:31 [sandro]
... Data and Document transparency by (US) Congress.
15:12:33 [jdforrester]
Zakim, p42 is me
15:12:33 [Zakim]
sorry, jdforrester, I do not recognize a party named 'p42'
15:12:36 [jdforrester]
Zakim, ??p42 is me
15:12:37 [Zakim]
+jdforrester; got it
15:12:44 [sandro]
... I'll be on the panel talking about HTML5 and Video
15:12:54 [edsu]
sandro: thanks re: wwwconference.org ; you learn something every day :)
15:13:26 [edsu]
interplanetary parliaments?
15:13:36 [edsu]
did i hear that right?
15:13:38 [sandro]
... Also I'll be attending a conf at the end o fhte week, Interplanetrary Parliament
15:13:45 [edsu]
hah, awesome :)
15:13:57 [sandro]
... related to UN, hosted by (US) House of Representatives.
15:14:17 [james_gardner]
The webstore I mentioned has its own page at http://wiki.ckan.org/Webstore (it isn't on the extensions page)
15:14:43 [sandro]
citizencontact: I'll post more info as I get it to the email list.
15:14:44 [james_gardner]
See also: http://webstore.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
15:15:26 [sandro]
citizencontact: The Feb2 is open to everyone, I sent something to the list about a week ago, it's open to all. THe end of month one is probably closed, but some showing from W3C could be good.
15:15:42 [citizencontact]
daniel@citizencontact.com
15:15:52 [sandro]
q?
15:16:01 [sandro]
Jeanne: Anyone other announcements?
15:16:03 [Makx]
http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms/release/08
15:16:04 [Zakim]
-jdforrester
15:16:24 [sandro]
Jeanne: Thanks for ADMS links.
15:16:58 [sandro]
Jeanne: Thanks everyone! We'll reconvene in the next month. Next speaker will be Tomasz Janowski of UN University.
15:17:10 [KevinSimkins]
Have a great day everyone
15:17:12 [sandro]
ADJOURN
15:17:13 [olyerickson]
Thanks Jeanne!!!
15:17:16 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
15:17:17 [KevinSimkins]
thx Jeanne
15:17:19 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #egov
15:17:19 [Zakim]
-sandro
15:17:22 [Zakim]
- +1.413.652.aagg
15:17:23 [jdforrester]
Thanks Jeanne, everyone.
15:17:23 [Zakim]
-DanielBennett
15:17:24 [Zakim]
-??P18
15:17:25 [Zakim]
-edsu
15:17:25 [martin]
martin has left #egov
15:17:28 [Zakim]
- +44.207.222.aabb
15:17:29 [Zakim]
-martin
15:17:29 [jdforrester]
jdforrester has left #egov
15:17:31 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
15:17:32 [Zakim]
- +1.847.699.aaee
15:18:09 [Zakim]
- +1.703.281.aaaa
15:18:23 [Zakim]
- +44.786.783.aahh
15:18:26 [Zakim]
Team_(egov)14:00Z has ended
15:18:27 [Zakim]
Attendees were sandro, +1.703.281.aaaa, +44.207.222.aabb, jdforrester?, [IPcaller], martin, olyerickson, +1.571.331.aacc, +1.202.684.aadd, LeeF, +1.847.699.aaee, jdforrester,
15:18:31 [Zakim]
... bhyland, DanielBennett, +1.509.464.aaff, George_Thomas, +1.413.652.aagg, edsu, +44.786.783.aahh
15:44:15 [gdick]
gdick has joined #egov
17:34:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #egov
19:11:38 [josema]
josema has joined #egov