IRC log of html-wg on 2012-01-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:56:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:56:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-irc
16:56:59 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:57:01 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:57:01 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:57:02 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:57:02 [trackbot]
Date: 19 January 2012
16:57:26 [glenn]
Scribe: glenn
16:57:46 [Julian]
Julian has joined #html-wg
16:57:50 [glenn]
Chair: rubys
16:58:02 [glenn]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0003.html
16:58:36 [Zakim]
+Julian
16:58:37 [glenn]
Topic: Actions Due by Thursday, January 19
16:58:45 [Julian]
Zakim, mute me
16:58:45 [Zakim]
Julian should now be muted
16:59:02 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
16:59:11 [MFoladare]
MFoladare has joined #html-wg
16:59:15 [rubys]
trackbot, start meeting
16:59:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:59:19 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:59:19 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:59:20 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:59:20 [trackbot]
Date: 19 January 2012
16:59:32 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:59:38 [dsinger]
zakim, [apple] has dsinger
16:59:38 [Zakim]
+dsinger; got it
16:59:39 [rubys]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0003.html
17:00:19 [glenn]
chair: rubys
17:00:22 [glenn]
scribe: glenn
17:00:28 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
17:00:33 [glenn]
topic: Actions Due by Thursday, January 19
17:00:36 [Zakim]
+Sam
17:00:52 [Zakim]
+[Apple.a]
17:01:01 [glenn]
ACTION-207?
17:01:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active -- due 2011-01-31 -- OPEN
17:01:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207
17:01:09 [hober]
Zakim, Apple.a has hober
17:01:09 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
17:01:54 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
17:02:03 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft] is me
17:02:04 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
17:02:34 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
17:02:39 [eliot]
eliot has joined #html-wg
17:02:46 [paulc]
paulc has joined #html-wg
17:02:56 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
17:02:57 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the call?
17:02:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see GlennAdams, Julian (muted), [Apple], Sam, [Apple.a], adrianba, [Microsoft], Cynthia_Shelly
17:02:59 [Zakim]
[Apple.a] has hober
17:02:59 [Zakim]
[Apple] has dsinger
17:03:09 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
17:03:09 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
17:03:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.850.aaaa
17:03:50 [eliot]
zakim, +1.206.850.aaa is me
17:03:50 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
17:03:57 [glenn]
rubys: progressing, moved to end of month
17:04:09 [glenn]
questions?
17:04:12 [glenn]
Topic: New Issues This Week
17:04:18 [rubys]
ISSUE-193?
17:04:18 [trackbot]
ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible content -- raised
17:04:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193
17:04:18 [rubys]
ISSUE-194?
17:04:18 [rubys]
ISSUE-195?
17:04:18 [rubys]
ISSUE-196?
17:04:18 [rubys]
ISSUE-197?
17:04:18 [rubys]
ISSUE-198?
17:04:18 [trackbot]
ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full transcript with an audio or video element. -- raised
17:04:18 [glenn]
ISSUE-193?
17:04:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194
17:04:20 [rubys]
ISSUE-199?
17:04:22 [rubys]
ISSUE-200?
17:04:23 [trackbot]
ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from forms -- raised
17:04:24 [rubys]
ISSUE-201?
17:04:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195
17:04:26 [rubys]
ISSUE-202?
17:04:29 [trackbot]
ISSUE-196 -- Define user agent http response handling behaviour -- raised
17:04:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/196
17:04:35 [trackbot]
ISSUE-197 -- Accept attribute should allow file extensions in addition to the current allowed values -- raised
17:04:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/197
17:04:42 [trackbot]
ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy -- raised
17:04:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198
17:04:48 [trackbot]
ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible content -- raised
17:04:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193
17:04:54 [trackbot]
ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements for ARIA attributes -- raised
17:04:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199
17:05:00 [trackbot]
ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in non-FIELDSET elements -- raised
17:05:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200
17:05:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content -- raised
17:05:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201
17:05:12 [trackbot]
ISSUE-202 -- Missing alt should not be considered conforming in the presence of figcaptions over 50 words in length -- raised
17:05:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202
17:05:36 [glenn]
rubys: will go through these later in agenda
17:05:47 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
17:05:47 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
17:05:49 [Zakim]
+Mike
17:06:01 [glenn]
also tracker request under other business
17:06:11 [glenn]
deadline of jan 14th producing much activity
17:06:23 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closed Last Week
17:06:34 [glenn]
ISSUE-189?
17:06:34 [trackbot]
ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open
17:06:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189
17:07:00 [cyns]
cyns has joined #html-wg
17:07:13 [glenn]
rubys: call for counter proposals
17:07:31 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closing This Week
17:07:42 [glenn]
ISSUE-180? allowpopups, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18
17:07:54 [glenn]
ISSUE-181? remove-sidebar, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18
17:07:58 [laura]
laura has joined #html-wg
17:08:36 [glenn]
ISSUE-187? validity-stability, extension closes Jan 21
17:08:46 [glenn]
ISSUE-190? coding-example, Change Proposals due Jan 21
17:08:46 [glenn]
ISSUE-191? ins-del, Change Proposals due Jan 21
17:08:46 [glenn]
ISSUE-192? title-attribute, Change Proposals due Jan 21
17:09:09 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closing Next Week
17:09:14 [glenn]
None
17:09:19 [glenn]
Topic: New Calls This Week
17:09:32 [glenn]
ISSUE-185? drop-pubdate, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 16
17:09:32 [glenn]
ISSUE-188? generic-track-format, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 16
17:09:32 [glenn]
ISSUE-189? uri-web-prefix, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 16
17:09:39 [Zakim]
+Laura_Carlson
17:10:00 [glenn]
ISSUE-193? inaccessible-example, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15
17:10:00 [glenn]
ISSUE-194? full-transcript, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15
17:10:00 [glenn]
ISSUE-195? form-http-req, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15
17:10:01 [glenn]
ISSUE-196? ua-http-resp-handling, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15
17:10:03 [glenn]
ISSUE-197? accept-file-ext, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15
17:10:15 [glenn]
ISSUE-198? innerHTML-patent-policy, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
17:10:15 [glenn]
ISSUE-199? aria-processing, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
17:10:15 [glenn]
ISSUE-200? legend-placement, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
17:10:16 [glenn]
ISSUE-201? canvas-fallback, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
17:10:18 [glenn]
ISSUE-202? figcaption-words, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
17:10:35 [glenn]
Topic: New Surveys This Week
17:10:35 [glenn]
None
17:10:50 [glenn]
Topic: Decisions This Week
17:10:50 [glenn]
ISSUE-186?
17:10:50 [trackbot]
ISSUE-186 -- conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements -- closed
17:10:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186
17:11:14 [glenn]
rubys: closed without prejudice due to lack of CP
17:11:23 [glenn]
questions/comments on any of above?
17:11:50 [glenn]
Topic: Other Business
17:11:50 [glenn]
(a) ISSUE-177? ietf-id-wip
17:11:50 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0079.html
17:11:51 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0123.html
17:11:53 [glenn]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6454
17:12:02 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
17:12:02 [glenn]
ISSUE-177?
17:12:02 [trackbot]
ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open
17:12:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177
17:12:28 [glenn]
rubys: material that may change CP
17:12:29 [Julian]
Zakim, unmute me
17:12:30 [Zakim]
Julian should no longer be muted
17:12:53 [glenn]
rubys: julian: have you noticed rfc status has changed?
17:13:00 [glenn]
julian: shall i revise?
17:13:09 [glenn]
rubys: did CP talk about multiple?
17:13:14 [glenn]
julian: 2 or 3
17:13:37 [glenn]
julian: can raise as new bug (?where?)
17:13:51 [glenn]
.. thanks for notifying about change of status
17:13:53 [Julian]
Zakim, mute me
17:13:53 [Zakim]
Julian should now be muted
17:14:01 [glenn]
rubys: discuss further as need on email
17:14:10 [glenn]
(b) Bug 13651: request for extension
17:14:10 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0147.html
17:14:10 [glenn]
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202
17:14:32 [glenn]
rubys: extension has been resolved, ISSUE-202 created
17:14:45 [glenn]
(c) Change Proposal for issue 182 sent past deadline
17:14:45 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0048.html
17:14:45 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0082.html
17:14:55 [glenn]
rubys: reopened based on CP
17:15:02 [glenn]
(d) New Issue Request: media textual descriptions
17:15:02 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0213.html
17:15:02 [glenn]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12228
17:15:04 [glenn]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12794
17:15:16 [glenn]
rubys: ISSUE-203 has been opened, call for CP
17:15:27 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0098.html
17:15:47 [glenn]
(e) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-12-12 - 2012-01-15
17:15:47 [glenn]
http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/01/openweb-weekly-24.html
17:15:57 [glenn]
rubys: starting up after vacations
17:16:03 [glenn]
.. folks should review
17:16:27 [Julian_]
Julian_ has joined #html-wg
17:16:32 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0099.html
17:16:35 [glenn]
(f) Feb 11 is important deadline for RFI
17:17:07 [glenn]
rubys: questions/comments?
17:17:22 [laura]
What is the Chairs' plan to move on ISSUE-30 longdesc? Is there a timeline?
17:17:34 [glenn]
laura: wondering about plan for ISSUE-30 is there timeline?
17:17:36 [laura]
Paul had previously mentioned that the Chairs had estimated that they would be finished reviewing proposals on December 11.
17:17:36 [laura]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Nov/0227.html
17:17:43 [glenn]
rubys: is mjs on call?
17:17:43 [laura]
On December 15 Maciej said he hoped the final review would be out before the holiday break.
17:17:43 [laura]
http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item11
17:18:17 [glenn]
ISSUE-30?
17:18:17 [trackbot]
ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open
17:18:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30
17:18:39 [glenn]
rubys: waiting for draft from mjs
17:19:17 [glenn]
Topic: Scribe for Next Meeting
17:19:31 [glenn]
paulc: up for chair
17:19:47 [glenn]
paulc: needs scribe
17:20:02 [glenn]
ted: volunteers to scribe
17:20:09 [Zakim]
-Mike
17:20:12 [glenn]
Topic: Adjournment
17:20:12 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
17:20:13 [laura]
bye
17:20:18 [glenn]
rrsagent, publish minutes
17:20:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html glenn
17:20:20 [Zakim]
-Laura_Carlson
17:20:21 [Zakim]
-[Apple.a]
17:20:23 [Zakim]
-Julian
17:20:25 [Zakim]
-eliot
17:20:28 [Zakim]
-Sam
17:20:30 [Zakim]
-adrianba
17:20:49 [glenn]
trackbot-ng, end meeting
17:20:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, glenn, I don't understand 'trackbot-ng, end meeting '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
17:21:00 [glenn]
trackbot, end meeting
17:21:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:21:00 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been GlennAdams, Julian, dsinger, Sam, [Apple], hober, adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly, paulc, +1.206.850.aaaa, eliot, Mike, Laura_Carlson
17:21:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:21:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html trackbot
17:21:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:21:04 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items