IRC log of dap on 2012-01-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-irc
14:52:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:52:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:52:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:52:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:52:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
14:52:41 [trackbot]
Date: 18 January 2012
14:55:02 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
14:55:25 [fjh]
trackbot, start telecconference
14:55:25 [trackbot]
Sorry, fjh, I don't understand 'trackbot, start telecconference'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
14:55:34 [fjh]
trackbot, start
14:55:34 [trackbot]
Sorry, fjh, I don't understand 'trackbot, start'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
14:56:32 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0015.html
14:56:55 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:57:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.973.aaaa
14:57:07 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
14:57:23 [ernesto_jimenez]
Present+ Ernesto_Jimenez
14:58:31 [fjh]
Regrets+ Claes_Nilsson, Niklas_Widell, Dave_Raggett
14:58:38 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:58:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:58:55 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:58:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.206.973.aaaa
14:58:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, ernesto_jimenez, darobin, richt, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, lgombos, ilkka, rektide, trackbot, mounir, dom
14:59:35 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
14:59:50 [fjh]
s/trackbot, start telecconference//
15:00:04 [fjh]
s/trackbot, start//
15:00:18 [Zakim]
+??P9
15:00:18 [glenn]
glenn has joined #dap
15:00:20 [dom]
Zakim, ??P9 is me
15:00:20 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:00:28 [fjh]
s|Sorry, fjh, I don't understand 'trackbot, start telecconference'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help||
15:00:34 [soonho]
soonho has joined #dap
15:00:42 [fjh]
s|Sorry, member:fjh, I don't understand 'member:trackbot, start'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help||
15:00:56 [Zakim]
+ +82.10.31.28.aabb
15:00:57 [dom]
Present+ Dominique Hazael-Massieux
15:00:59 [soonho]
soonho has joined #dap
15:01:00 [ernesto_jimenez]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:00 [Zakim]
+ernesto_jimenez; got it
15:01:17 [Zakim]
+GlennAdams
15:02:00 [soonho]
Present+ Soonho_Lee
15:02:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:02:12 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:02:17 [fjh]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
15:02:17 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
15:02:21 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ernesto_jimenez, dom, +82.10.31.28.aabb, GlennAdams, fjh, [Microsoft]
15:02:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see soonho, glenn, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, ernesto_jimenez, darobin, richt, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, lgombos, ilkka, rektide, trackbot, mounir, dom
15:02:49 [soonho]
zakim, aabb is soonho
15:02:49 [Zakim]
+soonho; got it
15:03:12 [Travis]
Travis has joined #dap
15:03:26 [Travis]
Present+ Travis_Leithead
15:03:57 [glenn]
zakim, who's noisy?
15:04:07 [Zakim]
glenn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ernesto_jimenez (5%), dom (54%)
15:04:20 [glenn]
zakim, mute dom
15:04:21 [Zakim]
dom should now be muted
15:04:27 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ernesto_jimenez, dom (muted), soonho, GlennAdams, fjh, [Microsoft]
15:04:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Travis, soonho, glenn, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, ernesto_jimenez, darobin, richt, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, lgombos, ilkka, rektide, trackbot, mounir, dom
15:05:02 [glenn]
zakim, unmute dom
15:05:09 [Zakim]
dom should no longer be muted
15:05:28 [Travis]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is Travis
15:05:37 [Zakim]
+Travis; got it
15:05:43 [Zakim]
+ +33.1.43.14.aacc
15:05:52 [darobin]
Zakim, aacc is me
15:05:52 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
15:06:02 [Zakim]
-darobin
15:07:02 [Zakim]
+darobin
15:07:14 [Travis]
Topic: Administrative
15:07:21 [glenn]
someone else
15:07:30 [Travis]
scribe: Travis
15:07:33 [fjh]
s/someone else//
15:07:45 [Travis]
fjh: Any announcements?
15:07:50 [Travis]
[none]
15:08:12 [Travis]
fjh: Approve last teleconference minutes
15:08:28 [Travis]
Topic: Approve last Teleconference minutes
15:08:28 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 4 January 2012
15:08:29 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/att-0007/minutes-2012-01-04.html
15:08:36 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 4 January 2012 are approved.
15:08:52 [Travis]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 4 January 2012 are approved.
15:09:08 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref
15:09:18 [Travis]
Topic: March F2F
15:09:25 [fjh]
Status of visa invitation letters, venue?
15:09:25 [fjh]
WebIntents task force meeting at DAP F2F, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0011.html
15:09:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.534.aadd
15:09:54 [Travis]
fjh: Still need to get the Visa stuff straightened out...
15:10:02 [Travis]
... and about the passports.
15:10:13 [Travis]
... I expect to have a lot of folks calling in.
15:10:18 [Travis]
Topic: Vibration API
15:10:27 [fjh]
Response from Robin re invalid parameter handling via WebIDL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0012.html
15:10:27 [fjh]
Plans to bring Vibration API to Last Call?
15:10:27 [Travis]
fjh: Do we want to bring this to Last Call?
15:10:35 [Zakim]
+richt
15:10:45 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
15:10:58 [Travis]
darobin: Suggest putting out CFC for last call.
15:11:01 [Travis]
... I'll do it.
15:11:06 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to put out a CfC for Vibration, ending next week
15:11:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-498 - Put out a CfC for Vibration, ending next week [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-01-25].
15:11:16 [Travis]
Topic: Battery API status
15:11:25 [fjh]
Status of Last Call comments (including proposal for changes from Anne) : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0014.html
15:11:47 [Travis]
fjh: Looking over list for status.
15:11:49 [fjh]
LC-2574 (Additional proposal to consider) "events need to be queued using the task queue defined in HTML5
15:12:02 [Travis]
... AVK had a suggestion on event Queueing
15:12:09 [fjh]
LC-2577 (Proposal needed), no way to distinguish whether battery present
15:12:14 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:12:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ernesto_jimenez, dom, soonho, GlennAdams, fjh, Travis, darobin, Josh_Soref, +1.781.534.aadd, richt
15:12:15 [Travis]
... another issue was detecting if battery was present.
15:12:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Travis, soonho, glenn, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, ernesto_jimenez, darobin, richt, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, lgombos, ilkka, rektide, trackbot, mounir, dom
15:12:26 [Travis]
... I think we should resolve that issue on the list.
15:12:49 [Travis]
Action: fjh to send closure notice on battery issue.
15:12:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-499 - Send closure notice on battery issue. [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-01-25].
15:13:06 [Travis]
Topic: Device Status TF
15:13:20 [Travis]
fjh: I'm a little confused about the Network information API...?
15:13:37 [Travis]
fjh: I'm a little confused about the Bearer type.
15:13:46 [Travis]
... Seems like we should provide that.
15:14:06 [Travis]
darobin: current feedback is that there are a few use-cases where it might be useful, but are better addressed by a new proposal.
15:14:20 [timeless]
timeless has joined #dap
15:14:33 [Travis]
... the new proposal has fewer fingerprinting issues. I understand we'd adopt the newer model (not that much more complex).
15:14:42 [timeless]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:14:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html timeless
15:14:47 [Travis]
... There were some examples of the API being used in poor ways (in the wild).
15:15:05 [Travis]
... General consensus seems to be dropping the old API and adopting the new one.
15:15:18 [Travis]
... And also we now have a volunteer to edit the new version.
15:15:31 [Travis]
fjh: Web page looks outdated...
15:15:54 [Travis]
darobin: Next step is for munir to upload the new draft.
15:16:05 [fjh]
s/munir/mounir/
15:16:06 [darobin]
ACTION: Mounir to upload a new draft of Network Information API
15:16:06 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Mounir
15:16:39 [Travis]
Topic: Media Capture TF
15:17:32 [fjh]
Travis has updated the scenarios document and has additional feedback
15:17:42 [fjh]
poll for teleconference is out
15:17:58 [mounir]
timeless: no but there are discussions about this
15:18:16 [Travis]
Topic: Web Intents
15:18:42 [darobin]
close ACTION-498
15:18:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-498 Put out a CfC for Vibration, ending next week closed
15:18:50 [timeless]
s/this/mozilla joining dap/
15:19:04 [Travis]
fjh: Work continues in that TF. No updates to discuss at the moment.
15:19:42 [glenn]
q+
15:19:46 [Travis]
darobin: For minimization, I'm going to take over for dan Applequist; expand it to cover API design and privacy.
15:20:04 [Travis]
... looking for feedback/input from folks here as well.
15:20:06 [darobin]
ack glenn
15:20:26 [Travis]
glenn: Congratulations on joining the TAG, darobin
15:20:39 [Travis]
... Am willing to help on the minimization work if needed.
15:20:45 [Travis]
darobin: Thanks!
15:21:16 [Travis]
... We should figure out the priority action items and develop a plan to move them forward.
15:21:20 [fjh]
Please review your actions at http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my
15:22:01 [timeless]
i/take over/Topic: darobin - something/
15:22:08 [timeless]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:22:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html timeless
15:22:26 [Travis]
The poll for Media Capture TF (select a time to have a telecom): > http://www.doodle.com/ymg3facibzaeg2bt
15:22:39 [darobin]
[you can also use https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/AuditForm to see what you're subscribed to]
15:22:53 [Travis]
(Yeah the minutes will need cleaning up...)
15:23:30 [fjh]
q?
15:23:30 [Travis]
fjh: Anyone else?
15:23:41 [Travis]
fjh: Adjourning.
15:23:45 [Zakim]
-dom
15:23:48 [Zakim]
- +1.781.534.aadd
15:23:50 [Zakim]
-ernesto_jimenez
15:23:52 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:23:52 [Zakim]
-soonho
15:23:53 [Zakim]
-darobin
15:23:55 [Zakim]
-GlennAdams
15:23:57 [Zakim]
-Travis
15:24:05 [Zakim]
-richt
15:24:25 [timeless]
trackbot, end meeting
15:24:25 [trackbot]
Sorry, timeless, I don't understand 'trackbot, end meeting '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
15:25:15 [timeless]
trackbot, end meeting
15:25:15 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:25:15 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.206.973.aaaa, dom, +82.10.31.28.aabb, ernesto_jimenez, GlennAdams, fjh, soonho, Travis, +33.1.43.14.aacc, darobin, Josh_Soref,
15:25:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:25:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html trackbot
15:25:19 [Zakim]
... +1.781.534.aadd, richt