IRC log of webevents on 2012-01-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:42 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webevents
15:58:42 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/17-webevents-irc
15:58:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webevents
15:59:31 [cathy]
cathy has joined #webevents
15:59:31 [ArtB]
Zakim, this will be RWC_WebEven
15:59:31 [Zakim]
ok, ArtB; I see RWC_WebEven()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:42 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
15:59:43 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
15:59:45 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0006.html
15:59:47 [ArtB]
Date: 17 January 2012
15:59:49 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
15:59:51 [ArtB]
Meeting: Web Events WG Voice Conference
15:59:53 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:59:59 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:59:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/17-webevents-minutes.html ArtB
16:00:14 [Zakim]
RWC_WebEven()11:00AM has now started
16:00:18 [Zakim]
+Matt_Brubeck
16:00:26 [mbrubeck]
Zakim, nick mbrubeck is Matt_Brubeck
16:00:26 [Zakim]
ok, mbrubeck, I now associate you with Matt_Brubeck
16:00:41 [Zakim]
+Cathy
16:00:51 [Zakim]
+Art_Barstow
16:01:42 [mbrubeck]
no
16:03:20 [ArtB]
Present: Art_Barstow, Cathy_Chan, Matt_Brubeck
16:03:28 [ArtB]
Regrets: Doug_Schepers
16:04:04 [ArtB]
zakim, who is here?
16:04:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Matt_Brubeck, Cathy, Art_Barstow
16:04:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cathy, Zakim, RRSAgent, sangwhan, ArtB, Josh_Soref, mbrubeck, lgombos, trackbot
16:04:51 [ArtB]
Topic: Tweak Agenda
16:04:57 [ArtB]
AB: yesterday I posted a draft agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0006.html. Any change requests?
16:05:08 [ArtB]
[ None ]
16:05:13 [ArtB]
Topic: Announcements
16:05:18 [ArtB]
AB: any short announcements for today?
16:05:25 [ArtB]
AB: reminder the Indie UI charter is under AC review until February 10 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0005.html
16:05:26 [Zakim]
+??P24
16:05:44 [sangwhan]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:05:44 [ArtB]
Present+ Sangwhan_Moon
16:05:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Matt_Brubeck, Cathy, Art_Barstow, ??P24
16:05:52 [sangwhan]
zakim, ??P24 is me
16:05:52 [Zakim]
+sangwhan; got it
16:06:22 [ArtB]
Topic: Touch events test assertions
16:06:29 [ArtB]
AB: On December 21, Cathy announced http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0158.html her first draft of test assertions http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TestAssertions for the TEv1 spec
16:15:05 [smaug]
smaug has joined #webevents
16:16:37 [ArtB]
CC: I created a list of test assertions
16:16:41 [ArtB]
… for the v1 TE spec
16:17:15 [ArtB]
… the first set cover some data types
16:18:04 [ArtB]
… I included columns for single touch and multi touch
16:18:22 [ArtB]
… Some assertions may apply to one or both
16:18:42 [Zakim]
-Matt_Brubeck
16:18:53 [ArtB]
… Created tests for the Touch interface
16:19:00 [ArtB]
… and TouchList interface
16:19:12 [ArtB]
… Also assertions for the various events
16:19:22 [ArtB]
s/Created tests/Created assertions/
16:19:29 [Zakim]
+Matt_Brubeck
16:20:02 [ArtB]
… For some events I included preconditions
16:20:11 [ArtB]
… If anyone has comments, I'd like to hear them
16:20:27 [ArtB]
… Before doing more work would like to get some feedback
16:20:38 [ArtB]
AB: any comments or feedback for Cathy?
16:20:45 [ArtB]
MB: thanks Cathy
16:20:49 [Zakim]
-sangwhan
16:21:12 [ArtB]
CC: at the of the wiki I included a To Do list
16:21:30 [ArtB]
… f.ex. need assertions for createTouch and createTouchList methods
16:21:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:21:36 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
16:21:41 [ArtB]
… and a few other areas need to be covered
16:21:49 [ArtB]
… Please feel free to add to this list
16:22:05 [ArtB]
AB: let me echo Matt's Thank You to Cathy!
16:22:12 [cathy]
s/at the of/at the end of/
16:22:14 [ArtB]
… this is a valuable input
16:22:49 [ArtB]
AB: I think there is an open action for everyone to review Cathy's input and to send comments to the list
16:23:07 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on this input for today?
16:23:16 [ArtB]
CC: I encourage everyone to send feedback
16:23:32 [Zakim]
+??P9
16:23:37 [ArtB]
Topic: Action review
16:23:48 [sangwhan]
zakim, ??P9 is me
16:23:48 [Zakim]
+sangwhan; got it
16:23:57 [ArtB]
AB: let's take a few mins and identify actions we can close http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/agenda
16:24:27 [ArtB]
AB: if anyone has some old actions that are no longer applicable, please just go ahead and close them
16:24:37 [ArtB]
… that's all I wanted to do today
16:24:57 [ArtB]
SM: Action-4 is for the Indie UI group
16:25:02 [ArtB]
AB: good point; I'll close it
16:25:42 [ArtB]
Topic: AoB
16:25:49 [ArtB]
AB: any other topics for today?
16:25:54 [ArtB]
AB: if we have sufficient topics we will have a call next week
16:26:30 [ArtB]
AB: meeting adjourned
16:26:36 [Zakim]
-Art_Barstow
16:26:39 [Zakim]
-sangwhan
16:26:41 [Zakim]
-Cathy
16:26:48 [Zakim]
-Matt_Brubeck
16:26:48 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:26:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/17-webevents-minutes.html ArtB
16:26:49 [Zakim]
RWC_WebEven()11:00AM has ended
16:26:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were Matt_Brubeck, Cathy, Art_Barstow, sangwhan, [IPcaller]
16:27:12 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:27:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/17-webevents-minutes.html ArtB
16:27:46 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
16:27:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webevents
16:28:08 [ArtB]
rrsagent, bye
16:28:08 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items