IRC log of gld on 2012-01-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:19:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:19:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/05-gld-irc
14:19:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:19:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
14:19:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GLD
14:19:56 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 41 minutes
14:19:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:19:57 [trackbot]
Date: 05 January 2012
14:23:37 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
14:30:33 [Mike_Pendleton]
scribe:MikeP
14:33:56 [Mike_Pendleton]
#GLDWG
14:35:21 [raphael]
raphael has joined #gld
14:35:41 [Mike_Pendleton]
Chair: Bernadette Hyland
14:36:26 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
14:45:12 [Mike_Pendleton]
correction - Chair: George Thomas
14:50:11 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
14:51:14 [fadmaa]
fadmaa has joined #gld
14:51:27 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
14:51:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aaaa
14:51:57 [Mike_Pendleton]
Chair: George Thomas
14:52:29 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:52:46 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has joined #gld
14:53:11 [HadleyBeeman]
Hi all. Happy new year!
14:53:30 [Mike_Pendleton]
ScribeNick:Mike_P
14:53:39 [olyerickson]
@All: Happy New Year
14:53:44 [rreck]
rreck has joined #GLD
14:53:46 [fadmaa]
Hi. happy new year!
14:53:50 [HadleyBeeman]
:)
14:55:03 [Mike_Pendleton]
chair: gthomas
14:55:22 [Zakim]
+George_Thomas
14:55:28 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aabb
14:55:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.218.296.aacc
14:55:48 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:56:02 [rreck]
zakim, +1.218.296.aacc is me
14:56:02 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
14:56:04 [George]
George has joined #gld
14:56:08 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
14:56:08 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
14:56:42 [fadmaa]
Zakim, +353914 is fadi
14:56:42 [Zakim]
+fadi; got it
14:56:50 [George]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120105
14:57:04 [BartvanLeeuwen]
BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
14:57:10 [BartvanLeeuwen]
hi all
14:57:12 [fadmaa]
Zakim, +353914 is fadmaa
14:57:12 [Zakim]
sorry, fadmaa, I do not recognize a party named '+353914'
14:57:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.440.389.aadd
14:57:22 [fadmaa]
Zakim, fadi is fadmaa
14:57:22 [Zakim]
+fadmaa; got it
14:57:25 [GeraldSteeman]
GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD
14:57:26 [bhyland]
hi all. George will be chairing today. I'm on IRC only.
14:57:34 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, aadd is me
14:57:34 [Zakim]
+HadleyBeeman; got it
14:57:57 [rreck]
that is the one i forget to do
14:58:18 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:58:21 [rreck]
you want to be sure
14:58:22 [annew]
annew has joined #gld
14:58:30 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Zakim, ??P12 is me
14:58:30 [Zakim]
+BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:58:38 [rreck]
hi anne
14:58:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.757.604.aaee
14:58:47 [George]
Meeting <GLD>
14:58:53 [annew]
yo Mr stability!
14:59:01 [rreck]
anything but
14:59:07 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:59:24 [George]
Agenda: <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120105>
14:59:25 [olyerickson]
Zakim, P17 is me.
14:59:26 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named 'P17'
14:59:27 [GeraldSteeman]
Zakim, I'm aaee
14:59:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I'm aaee', GeraldSteeman
14:59:40 [olyerickson]
Zakim, ?p17 is me.
14:59:40 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named '?p17'
14:59:47 [GeraldSteeman]
Zakim, aaee is me.
14:59:48 [Zakim]
+GeraldSteeman; got it
15:00:05 [rreck]
zakim needs to support more than one way to do things
15:00:08 [annew]
correct meeting agenda URL is http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120105
15:00:09 [olyerickson]
zakim, ??p17 is me.
15:00:09 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
15:00:10 [Zakim]
+sandro
15:00:21 [Zakim]
+raphael
15:00:27 [sandro]
RRSAgent, pointer?
15:00:27 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2012/01/05-gld-irc#T15-00-27
15:00:31 [Zakim]
+ +49.721.aaff
15:00:32 [sandro]
Zakim, who is on the call?
15:00:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.202.566.aaaa, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, GeraldSteeman, olyerickson, sandro, raphael, +49.721.aaff
15:00:33 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone
15:00:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', olyerickson
15:00:50 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:00:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.267.481.aagg
15:01:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.202.566.aaaa, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, GeraldSteeman, olyerickson, sandro, raphael (muted), +49.721.aaff,
15:01:05 [Zakim]
... +1.267.481.aagg (muted)
15:01:10 [raphael]
Present+ raphael
15:01:13 [BermudezLuis]
BermudezLuis has joined #gld
15:01:17 [raphael]
Regrets+ Ghislain
15:01:46 [sandro]
Zakim, who is talking?
15:01:47 [Mike_Pendleton]
George Thomas to chair today
15:01:52 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, aaff is BenediktKaempgen
15:02:01 [sandro]
zakim, aaaa is George
15:02:05 [tgheen]
tgheen has joined #gld
15:02:21 [Zakim]
+BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:02:27 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 12 (60%), +1.202.566.aaaa (47%)
15:02:35 [Zakim]
+George; got it
15:03:03 [BenediktKaempgen]
hearing it also
15:03:04 [rreck]
yes i hear it too
15:03:08 [fadmaa]
I hear a noise as well
15:03:09 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:03:09 [olyerickson]
zakim, mute me.
15:03:10 [BartvanLeeuwen]
sandro, +1 for sound
15:03:10 [rreck]
it is noise cancelation
15:03:27 [olyerickson]
Hi
15:03:29 [tgheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
15:03:31 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
15:03:42 [olyerickson]
I don't think it's me
15:03:48 [DruidSmith]
DruidSmith has joined #gld
15:03:53 [Zakim]
+tgheen; got it
15:03:57 [rreck]
i am familiar but the solution is non-trivial
15:04:06 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Zakim, mute me
15:04:07 [rreck]
i am double muted also
15:04:15 [Zakim]
BartvanLeeuwen should now be muted
15:04:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aahh
15:04:44 [DruidSmith]
Zakim, aahh is me
15:04:53 [Zakim]
+DruidSmith; got it
15:04:54 [sandro]
zakim, George is MikePendleton
15:04:55 [Zakim]
+MikePendleton; got it
15:05:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.569.aaii
15:05:21 [Mike_Pendleton]
Proposal to accept minutes?
15:05:26 [Mike_Pendleton]
Comments?
15:05:30 [Mike_Pendleton]
Accepted
15:05:30 [raphael]
+1
15:05:34 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
15:05:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MikePendleton, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen (muted), GeraldSteeman, olyerickson (muted), sandro, raphael (muted),
15:05:38 [olyerickson]
+1
15:05:38 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
15:05:38 [Zakim]
... BenediktKaempgen (muted), +1.267.481.aagg, tgheen (muted), DruidSmith, +1.443.569.aaii
15:05:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DruidSmith, tgheen, BermudezLuis, annew, GeraldSteeman, BartvanLeeuwen, George, ZacharyWhitley, rreck, olyerickson, HadleyBeeman, fadmaa, bhyland, MacTed, raphael,
15:05:46 [Zakim]
... Zakim, RRSAgent, BenediktKaempgen, Mike_Pendleton, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:05:50 [Mike_Pendleton]
TOPIC: Minutes Accepted
15:06:24 [olyerickson]
No updates from me...
15:06:40 [rreck]
I am improved the stability section but it is not complete
15:06:45 [rreck]
s/am/have
15:07:18 [rreck]
new AND improved
15:07:36 [George]
TOPIC: Procurement
15:08:06 [annew]
there's nothing to improve upon
15:08:18 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, who's here?
15:08:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MikePendleton, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen (muted), GeraldSteeman, olyerickson (muted), sandro, raphael (muted),
15:08:23 [Zakim]
... BenediktKaempgen (muted), +1.267.481.aagg, tgheen (muted), DruidSmith, +1.443.569.aaii
15:08:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tgheen, BermudezLuis, annew, GeraldSteeman, BartvanLeeuwen, George, ZacharyWhitley, rreck, olyerickson, HadleyBeeman, fadmaa, bhyland, MacTed, raphael, Zakim,
15:08:30 [Zakim]
... RRSAgent, BenediktKaempgen, Mike_Pendleton, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:08:51 [George]
Mike_Pendleton: procurement - overview of LD, evolution of data mgmt practices, community dir
15:09:40 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #gld
15:09:48 [George]
... segments - Activities (5 areas); Services; Products - describe characteristics of S&P per activity
15:10:12 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:10:23 [Zakim]
HadleyBeeman, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: MikePendleton (84%), George_Thomas (21%)
15:10:35 [raphael]
I'm not sure when this is time to discuss this, but the Linked Enterprise Data patterns workshop report has been released, http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/Report and that there is an explicit mention of potential overalp with this group and its deliverables
15:10:51 [HadleyBeeman]
MikePendleton, This sounds thorough and useful! I'll be keen to see it.
15:10:55 [DruidSmith_]
DruidSmith_ has joined #gld
15:11:32 [HadleyBeeman]
q+
15:12:24 [George]
Sandro: save as htm from doc, then use tidy, tool chain to facilitate getting good results for wiki review by GLD members
15:12:37 [George]
... may be easier to recreate by hand
15:13:10 [DruidSmith_]
My internet connection appears to be hosed as well
15:13:15 [George]
q?
15:13:48 [George]
ack HadleyBeeman
15:14:50 [HadleyBeeman]
ack me
15:15:14 [Mike]
Mike has joined #gld
15:15:23 [Mike]
test
15:15:28 [sandro]
ack Mike
15:15:29 [DruidSmith]
DruidSmith has joined #gld
15:16:11 [stasinos]
stasinos has joined #gld
15:16:36 [olyerickson]
Workshop Homepage here: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/
15:16:49 [Zakim]
+??P44
15:17:17 [annew]
Zakim, ??p44 is me
15:17:17 [Zakim]
+annew; got it
15:17:24 [olyerickson]
Report page here: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/Report
15:17:26 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:17:40 [Mike]
Comments from Raphael on LD Enterprise Workshop - recommended LD Platform Workgroup; concern about overlap with GLD; recommend liason to deal to with that
15:18:06 [raphael]
The report says: "In doing so it will be important to analyze any possible overlaps with the new Government Linked Data Working Group and suggest mitigating measures if appropriate."
15:18:14 [George]
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/basic-profile-linked-data/
15:18:17 [Mike]
Sandro: Areas of overlap unclear; focus not on publishing for others to consume; but on applications exposing their data
15:18:22 [George]
a 'basic profile' for linked data
15:19:40 [Mike]
Sandro: suggest joint tast force to address major overlaps
15:20:22 [George]
q?
15:21:27 [Mike]
George: We will work to determine how best to work with the procurement piece from a technology perspective
15:21:46 [olyerickson]
unmute
15:21:52 [olyerickson]
zakim, unmute
15:21:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmute', olyerickson
15:21:58 [olyerickson]
help
15:22:05 [olyerickson]
zakim, unmute me.
15:22:05 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:24:39 [Mike]
Having tech issues hearing
15:25:18 [fadmaa]
the current version of dcat is at: http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary/Vocabulary_Reference
15:26:08 [olyerickson]
Not yet
15:26:37 [olyerickson]
One of my actions is to do some eiki work on that
15:26:47 [George]
Fadi: Person, Org work ongoing wrt semic.eu
15:27:38 [olyerickson]
zakim, please mute me.
15:27:38 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
15:28:42 [rreck]
anne you can go
15:28:44 [rreck]
yep
15:28:49 [rreck]
zakim, unmute me
15:28:49 [Zakim]
rreck should no longer be muted
15:29:15 [George]
Topic: Stability
15:29:36 [George]
annew: collaborating with rreck with some brainstorming
15:29:42 [annew]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.5_Stability
15:30:00 [George]
rreck: revamped input into secondary page from above
15:30:48 [Mike]
Ron and Ann on Stability BPs - brainstorming and will take next steps next week; framing for indicators of stability for a project
15:30:58 [annew]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Stability
15:31:02 [George]
annew: write up key indicators of stability - interested in GLD member comments from their experiences
15:31:06 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:31:06 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
15:31:07 [George]
... in the F2F2
15:31:15 [rreck]
when is the f2f again?
15:31:18 [rreck]
link please
15:31:35 [Mike]
Topic: schedule and milestone review
15:31:45 [annew]
Yes looking for comments during F2F on whether these ideas of stability will work with other best practices
15:32:05 [Mike]
Sandro: lets focus on being productive for F2F
15:32:23 [Mike]
Topic: F2F
15:32:30 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2
15:32:48 [Mike]
Request for general questions
15:33:20 [rreck]
it is two days?
15:33:23 [sandro]
yes
15:33:52 [rreck]
brutal
15:33:59 [Mike]
Discuss co-location issue
15:34:03 [sandro]
"brutal"?
15:34:18 [rreck]
commuting in DC is brutal at least for me
15:34:36 [Mike]
Dan has confirmed 7 a.m. EST start time
15:34:50 [sandro]
rreck, then by all means do what the charter/consensus/group decision says and commute to Ireland! :-)
15:35:00 [rreck]
great point
15:35:24 [Mike]
How might break-out groups work give co-location?
15:37:56 [annew]
The door to BLS is exactly across the street from the Union Station metro stop... for those who have brutal
15:38:16 [Mike]
Sandro on breakouts - US people could end at 3 formally, but stay around longer
15:39:17 [Mike]
George: Suggest a dry run on the call before the meeting to see if it works logistically
15:39:24 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1 to peple listed
15:40:04 [annew]
i thought leading a discussion more than a presentation
15:40:13 [olyerickson]
Suggestion: put the names *in* the agenda section
15:40:34 [Mike]
George: Request each person describe what they will be presenting/discussing (time reqd, issues/questions raised) on the wiki page
15:40:58 [Mike]
Sandro: Want to get the presentation/discussion to lead us to consensus
15:41:08 [annew]
consensus design = what are the questions? and know enough to make a decision.. ?
15:41:33 [George]
q?
15:42:51 [Mike]
George: Questions about topics you will be leading/presenting?
15:42:52 [olyerickson]
No questions (at this time...)
15:43:15 [Zakim]
-annew
15:44:17 [Mike]
George: Two more calls before the F2F: next week review updates; next week we could do a dry run
15:44:38 [Mike]
George: Other input for F2F planning today?
15:44:44 [Mike]
None
15:45:24 [Mike]
George: Let's open this up
15:45:30 [annew]
oh bother with the audio...still on chat...
15:45:41 [fadmaa]
@bhyland yes I am from DERI
15:45:46 [sandro]
annew, can you rejoin?
15:45:49 [rreck]
i am
15:45:55 [rreck]
zakim, unmute me
15:45:55 [Zakim]
rreck should no longer be muted
15:45:56 [rreck]
sure
15:45:58 [rreck]
one sec
15:46:00 [Mike]
Sandro: Want to here more about Ron and Anne's work
15:46:32 [George]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Stability
15:47:34 [George]
rreck: cost benefit considerations
15:50:58 [Mike]
Ron: Overaching concept is that data has value, value reduced by costs in consuming it - looking at attributes that affect cost in using the data; trying to break down costs and show what helps reduce costs. Push modification of legacy data upstrean so that it did not have ot recure. ex: Turtle uses least disk space, easy for people to read vs. machine readabilty of other serializations:
15:51:23 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:51:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MikePendleton, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen (muted), GeraldSteeman, olyerickson (muted), sandro, raphael (muted),
15:51:26 [Zakim]
... BenediktKaempgen, +1.267.481.aagg, tgheen (muted), DruidSmith, +1.443.569.aaii, [IPcaller]
15:51:36 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:51:36 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
15:51:55 [Mike]
George: Did anyone get a chance to look a provenance?
15:51:58 [George]
q?
15:52:08 [olyerickson]
RE Provenance new releases: Link?
15:53:01 [HadleyBeeman]
I had a quick review of them and found them interesting for us in LinkedGov… but not with the GLD in mind. (Sorry)
15:53:43 [olyerickson]
Links to recent PROV-WG drafts http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.12.22 (from their recent minutes)
15:54:43 [Mike]
George and Sandro to look into AV tech for the F2F
15:54:59 [rreck]
zakim, unmute me
15:54:59 [Zakim]
rreck should no longer be muted
15:55:10 [raphael]
The PROV Model Primer is the most interesting document for a first approach
15:55:13 [raphael]
... see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/primer/fpwd/Primer.html
15:55:27 [Mike]
George: Other considerations?
15:55:49 [HadleyBeeman]
q+
15:56:05 [George]
ack HadleyBeeman
15:56:21 [annew]
anne's gotta go. good summary ron on stability!
15:56:26 [annew]
bye
15:56:38 [George]
HadleyBeeman: agenda section to address liason/overlap activity checklist suggested
15:56:47 [Mike]
Hadley: Might help to consider at each meeting to go over overlap from other groups (ex: provenance, e-gov)
15:57:00 [Zakim]
-DruidSmith
15:57:14 [olyerickson]
Thanks as always, George!
15:57:25 [Zakim]
- +1.443.569.aaii
15:57:27 [Zakim]
-GeraldSteeman
15:57:28 [BenediktKaempgen]
Thanks
15:57:30 [olyerickson]
Here's to productivity...
15:57:30 [BartvanLeeuwen]
bye
15:57:31 [Zakim]
-tgheen
15:57:32 [raphael]
thanks, bye
15:57:33 [Zakim]
-sandro
15:57:37 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
15:57:38 [Zakim]
-fadmaa
15:57:43 [Zakim]
-BartvanLeeuwen
15:57:47 [Zakim]
-raphael
15:57:49 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
15:57:51 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
15:57:53 [Zakim]
-BenediktKaempgen
15:57:55 [Zakim]
- +1.267.481.aagg
15:57:58 [rreck]
zakim, unmute me
15:57:58 [Zakim]
rreck was not muted, rreck
15:58:05 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
15:58:32 [George]
Scribe: <Mike>
15:58:37 [George]
Scribe: Mike
15:58:48 [rreck]
i dont think you need them
15:58:50 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
15:59:27 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has left #gld
15:59:28 [Mike]
scribe: Mike
16:00:33 [George]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:00:47 [George]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:00:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/05-gld-minutes.html George
16:04:40 [George]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05
16:08:49 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:10:55 [Zakim]
-MikePendleton
16:10:56 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
16:10:56 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:10:58 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.202.566.aaaa, George_Thomas, +3539149aabb, rreck, +1.440.389.aadd, fadmaa, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.757.604.aaee, GeraldSteeman, olyerickson, sandro,
16:11:04 [Zakim]
... raphael, +49.721.aaff, +1.267.481.aagg, BenediktKaempgen, tgheen, +1.202.566.aahh, DruidSmith, MikePendleton, +1.443.569.aaii, annew, [IPcaller]
17:22:14 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
18:16:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
18:32:14 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
20:08:33 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
20:09:39 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld