Edit ISSUE-76: Should a server echo the DNT header to confirm receipt?

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. Re: ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from ktrilli@truste.com on 2012-02-08) (from ktrilli@truste.com on 2012-02-08)
  2. Re: ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05) (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05)
  3. Re: ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05) (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05)
  4. ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-02-03) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-02-03)
  5. Re: Revised Response Header (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-26) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-26)
  6. RE: Revised Response Header (from kevsmith@adobe.com on 2012-01-25) (from kevsmith@adobe.com on 2012-01-25)
  7. Re: Revised Response Header (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25)
  8. Re: Revised Response Header (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25) (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25)
  9. Re: Revised Response Header (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25) (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25)
  10. Revised Response Header (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25)
  11. diff of TPE editing since the FPWD (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2012-01-10) (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2012-01-10)
  12. RE: Proposed Agenda for 2011-11-30 TPWG call (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30) (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30)
  13. RE: Proposed Agenda for 2011-11-30 TPWG call (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30) (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30)
  14. Proposed Agenda for 2011-11-30 TPWG call (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-11-30) (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-11-30)
  15. TPE site-specific exemption (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2011-10-31) (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2011-10-31)
  16. Re: Agenda for 2011-10-12 DNT Workgroup Meeting (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-13) (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-13)
  17. Re: Agenda for 2011-10-12 DNT Workgroup Meeting (from nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de on 2011-10-11) (from nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de on 2011-10-11)
  18. Agenda for 2011-10-12 DNT Workgroup Meeting (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-11) (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-11)
  19. Re: Agenda for 2011-10-05 TPWG call (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-09) (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-09)
  20. Agenda for 2011-10-04 TPWG call (from aleecia@aleecia.com on 2011-10-04) (from aleecia@aleecia.com on 2011-10-04)
  21. Response Headers [ISSUE-47,ISSUE-48,ISSUE-51,ISSUE-76,ISSUE-79,ISSUE-80,ISSUE-81,ISSUE-87] (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-04) (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-04)
  22. ISSUE-76: Should a server echo the DNT header to confirm receipt? (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2011-09-22) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2011-09-22)

Related notes:

Our current proposal does not include means to mirror DNT headers. We also included a requirement that DNT headers must not be modified by intermediaries.

Matthias Schunter, 27 Oct 2011, 15:09:20

2012-02-07: All current proposals do not consider echoing the user preference. As a consequence, I'd like to declare agreement and close this issue.

Matthias Schunter, 7 Feb 2012, 22:20:38


Matthias Schunter <matthias.schunter@intel.com>, Chair, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $