Edit ISSUE-48: Response from the server should indicate the server will honor it

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. Re: Mapping the "framework" to ISSUEs (from john@consumerwatchdog.org on 2013-05-07) (from john@consumerwatchdog.org on 2013-05-07)
  2. Mapping the "framework" to ISSUEs (from jmayer@stanford.edu on 2013-05-07) (from jmayer@stanford.edu on 2013-05-07)
  3. Re: ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from ktrilli@truste.com on 2012-02-08) (from ktrilli@truste.com on 2012-02-08)
  4. Re: ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05) (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05)
  5. Re: ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05) (from sharvey@google.com on 2012-02-05)
  6. ACTION-114 ISSUE-107 : Revised response header. (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-02-03) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-02-03)
  7. Re: Revised Response Header (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-26) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-26)
  8. RE: Revised Response Header (from kevsmith@adobe.com on 2012-01-25) (from kevsmith@adobe.com on 2012-01-25)
  9. Re: Revised Response Header (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25)
  10. Re: Revised Response Header (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25) (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25)
  11. Re: Revised Response Header (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25) (from singer@apple.com on 2012-01-25)
  12. Revised Response Header (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25) (from tom@mozilla.com on 2012-01-25)
  13. diff of TPE editing since the FPWD (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2012-01-10) (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2012-01-10)
  14. RE: Proposed Agenda for 2011-11-30 TPWG call (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30) (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30)
  15. RE: Proposed Agenda for 2011-11-30 TPWG call (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30) (from wileys@yahoo-inc.com on 2011-11-30)
  16. Proposed Agenda for 2011-11-30 TPWG call (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-11-30) (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-11-30)
  17. TPE site-specific exemption (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2011-10-31) (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2011-10-31)
  18. Re: Agenda for 2011-10-12 DNT Workgroup Meeting (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-13) (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-13)
  19. Re: Agenda for 2011-10-12 DNT Workgroup Meeting (from nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de on 2011-10-11) (from nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de on 2011-10-11)
  20. Agenda for 2011-10-12 DNT Workgroup Meeting (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-11) (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-11)
  21. Re: Agenda for 2011-10-05 TPWG call (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-09) (from npdoty@w3.org on 2011-10-09)
  22. Agenda for 2011-10-04 TPWG call (from aleecia@aleecia.com on 2011-10-04) (from aleecia@aleecia.com on 2011-10-04)
  23. Response Headers [ISSUE-47,ISSUE-48,ISSUE-51,ISSUE-76,ISSUE-79,ISSUE-80,ISSUE-81,ISSUE-87] (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-04) (from mts@zurich.ibm.com on 2011-10-04)
  24. ISSUE-48: Response from the server could both acknowledge receipt of a value and (separately) whether the server will honor it (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2011-09-21) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2011-09-21)

Related notes:

[tlr]: alternate design choice for ISSUE-47

21 Sep 2011, 21:35:46

[npdoty]: could enable the browser to tell the user that they may still be tracked

21 Sep 2011, 21:41:27

Our current proposal statically declares whether a site honors DNT. The other part is treated in ISSUE-76.

Matthias Schunter, 27 Oct 2011, 15:10:39

The text "could both acknowledge receipt of a value and (separately)" has been superseded by ISSUE-76 and has been deleted here.

Matthias Schunter, 19 Jan 2012, 16:43:37

CLOSED as now discussed under ISSUE-45 (legally binding statements of server)

Matthias Schunter, 7 Feb 2012, 13:52:08


Matthias Schunter <matthias.schunter@intel.com>, Chair, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $