From RDF Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 14:54, 9 March 2011 by Nrixham
Task Force "Graphs"
Member Use Cases for graphs, graph identifiers, etc.
- Graph Concept Terminology to use when discussing "graphs".
Suggestions called "Graph Identification" from Stanford Workshop are reproduced below.
- widely used by the community
- part of SPARQL already
- numerous use cases
- clarify confusion in implementation
- adds complication and may not solve the issue nevertheless
- complicates the RDF model (potentially)
- risks with backward compatibility should be assessed (e.g., syntax)
- does it need standardization?
- Named graphs, provenance and trust , Jeremy Carroll, Christian Bizer, Patrick Hayes, Patrick Stickler, WWW 2005, http://www.w3.org/2009/12/rdf-ws/p613.pdf, http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/SWTSGuide/carroll-ISWC2004.pdf
- Quadstores in general
- ODM RDF Metamodel (see http://www.omg.org/spec/ODM/1.0/, section 10.5, derived from Carroll et al.)
- Michel Chein and Marie-Laure Mugnier. Positive nested conceptual graphs. In Proceedings of ICCS '97, volume 1257 of LNAI, pages 95-109, Springer, 1997. (http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.30.3644) ; Nested Graphs: A Graph-based Knowledge Representation Model with FOL Semantics (1998) ( http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.37.5256 )
- SPARQL Specifications (RDF Datasets) and related to that, Axel's proposal to base the work on RDF Datasets (see IRC)
- Notation 3, Tim Berners-Lee, 1998 http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3
- ideas from the Topic Maps work (see also SWBPD WG note, http://www.w3.org/TR/rdftm-survey/)
- “Triplesets: Tagging and Grouping in RDF Datasets”, http://www.w3.org/2009/12/rdf-ws/papers/ws24, Atanas Kiryakov, Vassil Momtchev
- hypergraphs (as a general mathematical domain)
- mutual roles of quads vs. singleton named graphs vs. named graphs
- extension the RDF(S) semantics?
- new RDF(S) terms? rdf:Graph, rdf:subGraphOf, rdf:equivalentGraph, etc.
- syntax (TRIG, INRIA Member submission, Web, Graphs and Semantics , n3)
- graph inclusion, can named graphs share triples
- whether blank nodes can be shared among multiple graphs
- whether blank nodes can be used as graph names
- named graphs do not fully replace reification
- how would follow your nose apply to named graphs?
- relationships to SPARQL
- effects on the SW stack
- how does it influence the OWL semantics?