Meetings:Telecon2012.10.03

From RDF Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 16:25, 28 September 2012 by Dwood4 (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Wednesdays at 11am US Eastern time for 75 minutes
  17:00 Paris/Berlin/A'dam; 16:00 London)
Telephone US: +1.617.761.6200
  SIP: zakim@voip.w3.org
 Zakim code: 73394
IRC channel: #rdf-wg on irc.w3.org on port 6665
Zakim instructions:  http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
Scribe list: http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Scribes


Admin

  • Chair: David Wood
  • Scribe: Jeremy Carroll
  • Alternate: Lee Feigenbaum


Minutes of last meeting

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 26 September:

   http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/meeting/2012-09-26


Review of action items

Next meeting

  • Next telecon: 10 October 2012


Next FTF

Mon-Tue 29-30 Oct, Lyon, France, co-located with TPAC.

Info and registration information:

 http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/

See also Sandro's recommendation for attending other meetings during TPAC:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Jul/0039.html

REMINDER: Please remember to register your intent on the F2F3 and, if attending in person, register and pay for TPAC.


Provenance Constraints Review

Progress on LC reviews (actions 184+185)

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Jul/0043.html
 http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/09/12/last-call-constraints-of-the-provenance-data-model/


Graphs

Given our timeline, can we be finished with Datasets in this telecon?

TriG Syntax

PROPOSED: Implementations that parse and store information from TriG documents MAY turn the TriG default graph into a named graph with a name chosen in an implementation-dependent way.

PROPOSED: The WG suggests it's a good practice to put metadata about a TriG document in the document's default graph.

Dataset semantics

PROPOSED: This Working Group will not provide a Formal Semantics for RDF Datasets or for our Dataset Syntax (eg trig). In the future, the WG will decide whether to include something simple (relevant to datasets) in the RDF 1.1 Semantics, such as [ <N, G> name-entails <N', G'> just when N=N' and G entails G'. ] and the WG may publish some information about dataset semantics in WG NOTES.

See Pat's "modest proposal for entailment" thread and last week's straw poll results

AOB