From RDF Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 17:11, 27 February 2013 by Azimmerm
Please justify/explain non-obvious edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
15:58:56 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdf-wg 15:58:56 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-rdf-wg-irc 15:58:57 <Guus> trackbot, start meeting 15:58:58 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 15:59:00 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 73394 15:59:00 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute 15:59:01 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Working Group Teleconference 15:59:01 <trackbot> Date: 27 February 2013 15:59:03 <pfps> zakim, who is here? 15:59:03 <Zakim> I notice SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has restarted 15:59:03 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 15:59:04 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.408.530.aaaa, Guus 15:59:04 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, AndyS, pfps, gkellogg, Guus, TallTed, SteveH, ivan, gavinc_, manu1, manu, yvesr, mischat, trackbot, sandro, ericP 15:59:05 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 73394 15:59:06 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Working Group Teleconference 15:59:06 <trackbot> Date: 27 February 2013 15:59:06 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute 15:59:10 <AndyS> Partial regrets - I can only attend for about 45 mins. 15:59:23 <pfps> zakim, aaaa is me 15:59:23 <Zakim> sorry, pfps, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa' 15:59:36 <pfps> zakim, who is on the phone? 15:59:36 <Zakim> I notice SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has restarted 15:59:38 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.408.530.aaaa, Guus 15:59:52 <pfps> zakim, aaaa is me 15:59:52 <Zakim> +pfps; got it 16:00:01 <Zakim> +??P2 16:00:05 <gkellogg> zakim, I am ??P2 16:00:05 <Zakim> +gkellogg; got it 16:00:09 <Zakim> +??P3 16:00:19 <SteveH> Zakim, ??p3 is me 16:00:19 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it 16:00:36 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software 16:00:49 <TallTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me 16:00:50 <Zakim> +TallTed; got it 16:00:52 <TallTed> Zakim, mute me 16:00:52 <Zakim> TallTed should now be muted 16:00:59 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: RDF WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/ -- current agenda http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2013.02.27 16:01:00 <Zakim> +??P6 16:01:05 <yvesr> Zakim, ??P6 is me 16:01:05 <Zakim> +yvesr; got it 16:01:21 <AZ> AZ has joined #rdf-wg 16:02:16 <Guus> zakim, who is here? 16:02:16 <Zakim> On the phone I see pfps, Guus, gkellogg, SteveH, TallTed (muted), yvesr 16:02:18 <Zakim> On IRC I see AZ, RRSAgent, Zakim, AndyS, pfps, gkellogg, Guus, TallTed, SteveH, ivan, gavinc_, manu1, manu, yvesr, mischat, trackbot, sandro, ericP 16:02:21 <Zakim> +GavinC 16:02:43 <Zakim> + +081165aabb 16:03:02 <AZ> Zakim, aabb is me 16:03:02 <Zakim> +AZ; got it 16:03:24 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 16:03:31 <AndyS> zakim, IPCaller is me 16:03:31 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 16:03:47 <Arnaud> Arnaud has joined #rdf-wg 16:04:20 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip 16:04:20 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made 16:04:21 <Zakim> +Ivan 16:04:27 <Zakim> +Arnaud 16:04:33 <ivan> zakim, mute me 16:04:33 <Zakim> Ivan should now be muted 16:05:03 <Guus> zakim, pick a scribe 16:05:03 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose AZ 16:05:24 <markus> markus has joined #rdf-wg 16:05:45 <AZ> scribe: AZ 16:06:26 <AZ> Topic: Admin 16:06:27 <AZ> Topic: Turtle 16:07:13 <Zakim> +??P8 16:07:18 <markus> zakim, ??P8 is me 16:07:18 <Zakim> +markus; got it 16:07:20 <AZ> gavinc_: there should be a page about the CR 16:07:40 <PatH> PatH has joined #rdf-wg 16:07:42 <Zakim> +Sandro 16:07:55 <AZ> gavinc_: before Turtle being published we agreed to produce a document about thinigs done in Last Call? 16:09:20 <AZ> Guus: we can close the comments by internalization group 16:09:35 <AZ> Guus: Ivan proposed to write a page like the OWL page 16:09:49 <Souri> Souri has joined #RDF-WG 16:09:55 <PatH> having a little trouble calling in, working on it. 16:10:07 <AZ> sandro: in RDF, documents are pretty much self standing 16:10:33 <gkellogg> Turtle, TriG, and N-Triples would seem to be more closely related. 16:10:34 <Zakim> +??P14 16:10:41 <AZ> Guus: let us archive all comments being done since CR 16:10:45 <gavinc_> Yeah, my thoughts as well gkellogg 16:10:55 <gavinc_> given I have to update all three of those 16:11:01 <ivan> ivan, unmute me 16:11:07 <Souri> zakim, P14 is me 16:11:07 <Zakim> sorry, Souri, I do not recognize a party named 'P14' 16:11:14 <Souri> zakim, ??P14 is me 16:11:15 <Zakim> +Souri; got it 16:11:31 <AZ> gavinc_: I'll finish a page about the comments 16:11:59 <gkellogg> q+ on test suite coverage 16:12:04 <AZ> gavinc_: we have to publish the test cases 16:12:11 <AndyS> +1 to gkellogg -- and NQuads. 16:12:17 <AZ> sandro: they should be linked from the document 16:12:31 <gkellogg> Conformance Report: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/reports/index.html 16:12:34 <PatH> looks like I am going to have to be restricted to IRC until my phone carrier comes back :-( 16:12:35 <AZ> ...: and we have to list the implementations 16:13:31 <pfps> shouldn't we note this error and fix it at REC? 16:14:05 <AZ> AndyS: their could be a formal publication of the test suite 16:14:25 <AZ> ... W3C would use the test suite licence 16:15:01 <AZ> (sorry did not get the end) 16:15:17 <sandro> google brings me to http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Turtle_Test_Suite 16:15:47 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-license.html 16:16:10 <AZ> AndyS: they are not complaininng of tests suite licence, but they complain about the Apacche Licence attached to it 16:17:24 <AZ> ... I could change this as a copywriter 16:17:34 <gavinc_> I'd say the main issue is the lack of publication of the test suite 16:18:34 <AZ> sandro: the page about test suite should have link to the suite 16:20:12 <AZ> sandro: I can update the submission to point to the the suite 16:20:38 <Guus> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/file/default/rdf-turtle/tests-ttl 16:20:56 <AZ> Guus: in the extension request the link to test suite was the one posted 16:21:12 <gkellogg> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/reports/index.html 16:21:49 <AZ> Guus: who would like to take an action to do this 16:22:02 <AZ> gavinc: I can do this 16:22:44 <AZ> gavinc: I can also resolve the licence issue 16:23:39 <AZ> gavinc: we can set up a mercurial directory and put a tag there 16:24:23 <AZ> AndyS: sandro, could you check the W3C process for the test suite 16:25:05 <gkellogg> List of dajobe's current Turtle tests, including test-31 through test-38: https://github.com/dajobe/raptor/tree/master/tests/turtle 16:25:05 <sandro> action: sandro to learn about the w3c test suite license 16:25:05 <trackbot> Created ACTION-232 - Learn about the w3c test suite license [on Sandro Hawke - due 2013-03-06]. 16:25:15 <Guus> ACTION Gavin to publish the consolidated test suite 16:25:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-233 - Publish the consolidated test suite [on Gavin Carothers - due 2013-03-06]. 16:25:38 <AZ> gavinc: all tests are under W3C license and ??? licence 16:25:43 <gavinc> http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-testcases 16:25:51 <sandro> s/???/3-clause BSD/ 16:25:59 <AndyS> ??? == W3C test suite license 16:26:46 <Zakim> +PatH 16:27:15 <gavinc> https://github.com/dajobe/raptor/blob/master/tests/turtle/test-30.ttl 16:28:16 <AZ> topic:Semantics 16:28:17 <gavinc> btw #turtle exists ;) 16:28:46 <AndyS> gregg - there was renumbering old 30 is new 27 and is there 16:28:47 <AZ> Guus: there are several emails on the first editor's draft for semantics 16:28:54 <AZ> ... from pfps and Path 16:28:58 <gkellogg> andys: cool, thanks 16:29:27 <AndyS> greeg - blame automated test suite writing. 16:29:35 <AZ> PatH: I think all the issues can be resolved wihtout spending much telecon time 16:29:39 <AndyS> s/greeg/gregg/ 16:29:54 <AZ> pfps: we have to resovle the issues on ill-typed literals do not denote anymore 16:30:24 <pfps> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2013Feb/0233.html 16:32:03 <AZ> PatH: it's a substantial change to semantics and made in reaction to Richard's request 16:32:21 <ericP> oops, looks like i missed the test suite topic 16:32:28 <ericP> can anyone confirm/deny that? 16:32:38 <AZ> ... who believe that a graph that has ill-typed literals should not be consistent 16:33:01 <AZ> ... the proposal makes all triples with an ill-typed literal false 16:33:35 <pfps> this change has been discussed extensively in the past, as well 16:33:43 <AZ> ... I haven't find arguments really against it 16:34:10 <Guus> PROPOSE: I propose closing Issue 109 as described by Pat back in November in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Nov/0195.html The proposal is, roughly, to make ill-typed literals not denote anything, which (due to the very picky details of the wording of the rest of the semantics) means that any triple with an ill-typed literal is false (and not ill-typed itself, which you might have thought). 16:34:21 <pfps> +1 16:34:23 <AZ> +1 16:34:24 <PatH> +1 16:34:26 <TallTed> +1 16:34:28 <yvesr> +1 16:34:28 <Souri> +1 16:34:29 <ivan> +1 16:34:29 <pfps> +0.999999 16:34:30 <Guus> +1 16:34:32 <gkellogg> +1 16:34:33 <sandro> +1 16:34:33 <markus> +1 16:34:43 <Arnaud> 0 16:34:47 <Guus> RESOLVED: propose closing Issue 109 as described by Pat back in November in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Nov/0195.html The proposal is, roughly, to make ill-typed literals not denote anything, which (due to the very picky details of the wording of the rest of the semantics) means that any triple with an ill-typed literal is false (and not ill-typed itself, which you might have thought). 16:35:35 <AZ> pfps: which datatypes are required in RDF implementation 16:35:52 <AndyS> q+ 16:35:59 <gkellogg> q- 16:36:00 <gavinc> +1 to RDF XMLLiteral being optional... I swear we resolved that? 16:36:12 <sandro> +1 I think so, too. 16:36:17 <gavinc> ... are you SURE we don't? 16:36:37 <AZ> ... in particular XMLLiteral? 16:37:22 <gavinc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012May/0198.html 16:37:36 <sandro> issue-13? 16:37:36 <trackbot> ISSUE-13 -- Review RDF XML Literals -- closed 16:37:36 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/13 16:37:50 <AZ> ... can someone fix the "list of resolutions" 16:37:53 <AndyS> q- 16:38:07 <gavinc> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/closed is a good place to start looking for resolutions :) 16:38:33 <AZ> gavinc: HTML is optional too (ISSUE 33) 16:38:49 <gavinc> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/63 16:39:02 <AZ> s/63/33/ 16:39:11 <AZ> s/33/63/ 16:39:42 <AZ> ... the last issue is rdf:langString 16:39:59 <AZ> s/.../pfps/ 16:40:44 <AZ> PatH: I think the idea was a datatype with empty lexical-to-value mapping 16:41:26 <gavinc> Also, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Nov/0071.html 16:41:28 <AZ> ... the goal is to have a type for all literals but not force rdf:langString to be a proper datatype 16:41:39 <AZ> pfps: this should be fixed in Concepts 16:41:58 <gavinc> This is related to ISSUE-94 16:42:00 <gavinc> ISSUE-94? 16:42:00 <trackbot> ISSUE-94 -- Definition of literals does not include language-tagged strings properly -- closed 16:42:00 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/94 16:42:25 <AZ> pfps: everything else in the semantics can be seen just as bugs 16:42:41 <ivan> q+ 16:42:45 <Guus> zakim, who is here? 16:42:45 <Zakim> On the phone I see pfps, Guus, gkellogg, SteveH, TallTed (muted), yvesr, GavinC, AZ, AndyS, Ivan (muted), Arnaud (muted), markus, Sandro, Souri, PatH 16:42:47 <Zakim> On IRC I see Souri, PatH, markus, Arnaud, AZ, RRSAgent, Zakim, AndyS, pfps, gkellogg, Guus, TallTed, SteveH, ivan, gavinc, manu1, manu, yvesr, mischat, trackbot, sandro, ericP 16:43:10 <Zakim> -AndyS 16:43:47 <AZ> pfps: it just requires minor edits to make it a FPWD 16:44:13 <AZ> Guus: <can't hear> 16:44:29 <Zakim> -Guus 16:44:46 <Guus> reviews can be done befpre html edits 16:44:59 <Guus> review volunteers? at least two needed 16:45:26 <pfps> can't be me 16:45:31 <ivan> zakim, unmute me 16:45:31 <Zakim> Ivan should no longer be muted 16:45:45 <pfps> I suggest Richard, even though he is not on the call - he cares about this 16:46:00 <Zakim> +Guus 16:46:58 <AZ> Guus: we need reviewers for the document, even before the edits 16:47:03 <AZ> AZ: I can review it 16:47:18 <AZ> pfps: I would like Richard to do it 16:47:32 <Guus> ACTION Guus to ask Richard to review Semantics 16:47:32 <trackbot> Created ACTION-234 - Ask Richard to review Semantics [on Guus Schreiber - due 2013-03-06]. 16:47:44 <AZ> PatH: there is a section that is missing about the inference rules 16:47:57 <pfps> the inference rules are informative, not normative 16:48:09 <AZ> ivan: what's going on with the rules? 16:48:21 <AZ> ... in which document do they go 16:48:53 <AZ> PatH: we can put the rules in an informative section in Semantics 16:49:01 <pfps> I vote for fewer documents 16:49:15 <pfps> why are the rules needed for concepts? 16:49:31 <AZ> ACTION AZ to review RDF 1.1 Semantics 16:49:32 <trackbot> Created ACTION-235 - Review RDF 1.1 Semantics [on Antoine Zimmermann - due 2013-03-06]. 16:49:49 <AZ> Guus: we really need to go to LC for Concepts 16:49:58 <AZ> ... for this we need a FPWD for Semantics 16:50:30 <AZ> ivan: our extension request said we would have Concepts in LC by 1st march 16:50:56 <AZ> PatH: I can do the changes before next telecon 16:51:49 <AZ> Guus: in the mean time we can talk about Concepts to prepare it for LC 16:52:43 <Guus> Reviewing period Semantics draft: 6-13 Mar 16:53:33 <pfps> q+ 16:53:35 <AZ> PatH: there is a debate about D-entailemnt whether D should be seen as a datatype map 16:53:55 <AZ> ... I see a solution that requires a small change to RDF Concepts 16:54:00 <ivan> q- 16:54:08 <AZ> Guus: let us get this to the agenda of next week 16:54:32 <Guus> ack pfps 16:54:55 <AZ> pfps: I believe Pat's solution is not viable 16:55:22 <AZ> PatH: I know how to fix this, I have to make it more precise 16:55:34 <AZ> +1 pfps 16:55:44 <pfps> my problem is with a normative part of RDF Semantics referring to "web conventions" 16:56:10 <AZ> topic:Concepts 16:56:21 <AZ> Guus: there is an issue on bnode definition 16:56:50 <AZ> PatH: Concepts sould define the notion of scope 16:57:01 <AZ> ... scope of bnodes 16:59:43 <AZ> <people looking in the ML archives> 16:59:59 <Guus> ACTION Guus put spec of scope bnodes in Concepts on agenda for 6 Mar 16:59:59 <trackbot> Created ACTION-236 - Put spec of scope bnodes in Concepts on agenda for 6 Mar [on Guus Schreiber - due 2013-03-06]. 17:00:42 <pfps> I can review Concepts, but I will reiterate my concerns that have not yet been addressed. 17:00:43 <AZ> Guus: we need reviewers for the LC draft 17:01:14 <pfps> There has been push back on some of them. 17:01:15 <AZ> I can review too, to be sure my concerns have been addressed 17:01:23 <PatH> i can review concepts. 17:02:01 <SteveH> I'll be on vacation 17:02:21 <TallTed> Zakim, unmute me 17:02:21 <Zakim> TallTed should no longer be muted 17:02:51 <TallTed> Zakim, mute me 17:02:51 <Zakim> TallTed should now be muted 17:03:06 <Guus> Peter and Ted are reviewer candidates 17:03:25 <AZ> topic:JSON-LD 17:03:59 <AZ> Guus: we must find reviewers for this one too 17:04:00 <Guus> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2013Feb/0189.html 17:05:15 <AZ> PatH: I'll volunteer 17:05:20 <AZ> sandro: I'll volunteer too 17:06:26 <AZ> PatH: in fact, if it's now, I'll have to withdraw sorry 17:06:57 <AZ> Guus: let us ask AndyS if he'd like to revieww it 17:07:06 <Guus> ACTION Guus to ask Andy to review JSPN-LD syntax doc 17:07:06 <trackbot> Created ACTION-237 - Ask Andy to review JSPN-LD syntax doc [on Guus Schreiber - due 2013-03-06]. 17:07:26 <AZ> s/JSPN-LD/JSON-LD/ 17:08:23 <Zakim> -Ivan 17:08:26 <AZ> gkellogg: we have work to do on the API 17:08:28 <Zakim> -Arnaud 17:08:29 <Zakim> -Sandro 17:08:29 <Zakim> -PatH 17:08:31 <AZ> bye 17:08:32 <Zakim> -markus 17:08:32 <Zakim> -TallTed 17:08:33 <Zakim> -gkellogg 17:08:34 <Zakim> -GavinC 17:08:34 <Zakim> -yvesr 17:08:35 <markus> bye 17:08:36 <Zakim> -SteveH 17:08:40 <Zakim> -AZ 17:08:41 <Zakim> -pfps 17:08:41 <Zakim> -Guus 17:08:48 <Zakim> -Souri 17:08:50 <Zakim> SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has ended 17:08:50 <Zakim> Attendees were +1.408.530.aaaa, Guus, pfps, gkellogg, SteveH, TallTed, yvesr, GavinC, +081165aabb, AZ, AndyS, Ivan, Arnaud, markus, Sandro, Souri, PatH 17:09:41 <Guus> Guus has joined #rdf-wg 17:09:50 <Guus> trackbot, end meeting 17:09:50 <trackbot> Zakim, list attendees 17:09:50 <Zakim> sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is 17:09:58 <trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft minutes 17:09:58 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-rdf-wg-minutes.html trackbot # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000283