Between RDF Concepts and RDF Semantics, we have a number of operations on RDF graphs:
Should similar operations be defined on RDF datasets? This question is ISSUE-111. On this page, we will collect information and proposals on this question.
Relevant WG Resolutions
No semantics for datasets: “This Working Group will not provide a Formal Semantics for RDF Datasets or for our Dataset Syntax (eg trig).”
ISSUE-17 resolution: “There is no general purpose way to merge datasets; it can only be done with external knowledge.”
- Seems to be needed to support syntax test cases for TriG and N-Quads
- Easy to do based on graph isomorphism
- Proposed definition from Antoine
- Per ISSUE-17 resolution, we will not do this.
- This is best understood as a semantic relationship, and since the WG does not specify a semantics for RDF datasets, this seems to be precluded.
- Since the WG does not specify a semantics for RDF datasets, we will not do this.
Union Dataset and Merge Dataset
- Not strictly “operations”, but special syntactic restrictions on datasets
- Defined in Sandro's RDF Spaces proposal