From Provenance WG Wiki
Revision as of 21:19, 6 July 2011 by Smiles
- I think we should note that a process execution is an entity state itself, i.e. it has invariant properties for which can be part of provenance (SMiles)
- Can one entity state be generated by more than one process execution? (Luc)
Some questions regarding the (current) process execution definition (Paulo):
- Is the process execution an assertion of a BOB, a derivation of a BOB, or something else? If the type of a process execution is irrelevant, how can one know if the output of BOB was or not related to some information transformation processing or if the outcome is the output of a straight look up process? If it is a derivation, how can one know which information transformation occurred?
- What is an activity? What is a piece of work?
- The term generates implies creating something. Can the process be a retrieval of BOB? If this is the case, would it be the generated BOB a new BOB or an existing BOB?
- What is the relevance for provenance of a process that does not outcome any BOB?