Provenance Task Forces
The activities of the Provenance Working Group are structured along Task Forces, focusing on separate, complementary issues. An initial description appears below, will be discussed by the WG, and will evolve over time as activities progress.
Dependencies between Task Forces will be managed. For instance, the Connection TF and the Implementation and Test Cases TF provide requirements to the Model TF, which in turn provide models that are exploited by them.
Interest for participating in each task force was surveyed during the 2011 Apr 28 telecon.
1. Model Task Force
Satya Sahoo, Daniel Garijo, Stephan Zednik, Simon Miles
The aim of the model task force is to tackle issues related to the provenance model
- Identify terminology and provide intuitive definition for non experts
- Define provenance model and formalize it using Semantic Web technologies
- Provide a formal semantics that resolves ambiguities in the model
- Outputs: Deliverables D1, D2 and D3
2. Provenance Access and Query Task Force
Helena Deus, Satya Sahoo, Olaf Hartig, James Frew, Daniel Garijo, Stephan Zednik, Simon Miles
The aim of this task force is to investigate how provenance fits in the Web architecture, and will explore how provenance-related information can be embedded in messages, documents, how provenance can be retrieved and queried.
- Specify how provenance fits in the Web architecture
- Specify how provenance-related information can be embedded in messages or documents
- Specify how provenance can be retrieved and queried
- Outputs: Deliverable D4
3. Connection Task Force
Eric Stephan, Kai Eckert
- Identify a set of standards and initiatives that are relevant to the Provenance WG
- Provide the means to "link" the provenance model to the identified standards/initiatives
- Outputs: Deliverable D6
4. Implementation and Test Cases Task Force
Helena Deus, Daniel Garijo, Stephan Zednik
- Identify specific "demonstrator applications"
- List test cases
- Coordinate work related to reference implementations
- Output: test cases