From Provenance WG Wiki
RDF Named Graph
Specific requirements that the Prov-WG has on RDF named graphs
RDF WG Dataset Proposal
RDF WG Provenance Use Case
1. Ability to collectively refer to a set of provenance assertions - to make additional assertions regarding date, author, and related provenance information
2. Ability to retrieve the provenance of a RDF resource (requires finer level of granularity at the level of Subject, Predicate and Object - which is not supported by RDF named graph construct)
3. Ability to compare two graphs and determine if they are equal. This is useful if we want to compare provenance.
4. Ability to group of triples down to a single triple such that we can describe that groupings provenance.
5. [GK] Possible need to use named graphs to record contextualization of provenance assertions - depends on discussions about provenance - see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2011Sep/0000.html