From Provenance WG Wiki
Revision as of 18:31, 7 July 2011 by Dmcguinn
- The client software (browser, email client etc.) offers an "Oh yeah?" feature, by which provenance of the document is accessed.
- Provenance is accessed from the provider site of the document and from a third-party site.
- What does the client do on the button being clicked, what information does it need in order to perform the retrieval, and where does that information come from?
- We should consider that the html document was downloaded from the web or received by email.
- We should consider that access control over provenance is required
- We should consider that multiple formats for provenance are required by the "Oh yeah?" feature
Issues to consider:
- Could we rephrased without reference to provenance, say it refers to trust
- Should we consider getting the provenance of the whole document or part of it?
- It is out of scope to reconcile potentially conflicting provenance