From Provenance WG Wiki
PROV-DM Towards Fifth Working Draft
The Prov-O ontology has defined alternateOf, specializationOf, and hasNote a object properties, since they don't naturally fall into the "Involvement Pattern". Translating back to prov-dm, this would mean that these relations should not have identifiers nor attributes.
To facilitate alignment between prov-dm and we prov-o, we propose to the following.
- Remove id and attribute from alternateOf, specializationOf, and hasNote
- Reorganize section 4.2 into
- New section 4.2 with all relations with id and attributes.
- New section 4.3 with the three relations without id and attributes.
It would be nice to come up with some terminology to distinguish these relation types. Suggestions?
This proposal was approved (cf resolution: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2012-03-01#resolution_3)
Proposal on derivations http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/working-copy/wd5-prov-dm-derivation.html was approved (cf resolution http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2012-03-08#resolution_1)
- revisit the invalidation issue in light of the latest discussion [LM, LOW PRIO]
- incorporate MacTed's example?
- incorporate a BBC news site that gets updated
- align collection productions [PM]
- Complete prov-dm-constraints
- collection (paolo) -- fix the constraints to allow for multiple contained() assertions
- update BNF with new optionals convention [LM]
- also update all examples [LC,PM]
- Complete section 2.5, include a table mapping e.g. Derivation to wasDerivedFrom, etc (paolo)
- Go through all issues (inc Graham and Sam's feedback on wd4)
- update summary table with links to sections and colour coding [LM]
- overview dependency figures with all components [LM]
- Short section on prov-n notation to appear in prov-dm document [LM]
- one UML diagram for each component section (1-6) [PM]
- reuse figures in old sec 5
- take care of non-binary rels usng association classes -- explain the notation
- quotation/original source (Luc)
- proposal on misc issues (Luc)
- component structure (Luc)
- Literals to disappear from prov-dm, 4.4 and 4.5 to become a single section on values. Include an example of type.
- Optional agents in associations