PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2012-09-10

From Provenance WG Wiki
Revision as of 15:30, 20 September 2012 by Tlebo (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

prov-wg - Modeling Task Force - OWL group telecon

Attendees

  • Tim (regrets)
  • Stephan
  • Satya
  • Daniel
  • Khalid
  • Stian
  • David
  • Jun

Agenda

For the issues that you are assigned:

  • describe the original concern
  • describe any perspectives already expressed
  • recommend next step, or propose a solution

ISSUES

Everyone

Are these valid errors?

10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2012-05-16T14:33"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2012-05-16T14:33"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2011-08-31T12:51"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2011-08-31T12:51"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2012-05-16T14:33"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2012-05-16T14:33"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2011-08-31T12:51"^^xsd:dateTime
10:57:58 WARN  NodeValue            :: Datatype format exception: "2011-08-31T12:51"^^xsd:dateTime
  • Tim: are these datetimes okay?
  • Stephan: xsd dateTime info
  • TODO: Tim add a Z for timezone (since it is underdetermined if it is unspecified)

Satya

  • property_hadUsage.ttl needs to be elaborated.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-24-prov-o-html-examples/rdf/create/rdf/property_hadUsage.ttl

@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix xsd:  <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
@prefix owl:  <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
@prefix prov: <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#> .
@prefix :     <http://example.com/> .

:digestedProteinSample1
   a prov:Entity;
   prov:wasDerivedFrom :proteinSample;
   prov:qualifiedDerivation [
      a prov:Derivation;
      prov:hadUsage [
         a prov:Usage;
         prov:entity :Trypsin;
        prov:hadRole :treatmentEnzyme;
      ];
   ];
   prov:entity :proteinSample;
.

:proteinSample a prov:Entity .


>> Done (file updated on mercurial)

David

Daniel: Has provided feedback, but this discussion has not continued. Stian: Is it worth pursuing to get new diagrams for release? Daniel: Just some typos, David had also created some new diagrams that we might not all need.

Jun

  • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/442 (what prov.owl terms can we omit in prov.html)
    • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahxrga9AQHb_dDBQV3ZyWEN6S2RXcWVZMzI0S0xKeEE
    • TODO mentionOf in narrative is not clear - use the one from the ontology "The mention of an Entity in a Bundle (containing a description of this Entity) is another Entity that is a specialization of the former and that presents the Bundle as a further additional aspect."
    • Jun's stab: "prov:mentionOf is a special type of prov:specializationOf, which links a more specific Entity to a more general one that is described in a prov:Bundle. prov:asInBundle is used to cite the Bundle in which the more general Entity was mentioned."
    • TODO: Tim to incorporate feedback.
      • Jun: Still awaiting feedback from Tim

Stian

  • Daniel awaiting Tim's feedback on 3.2 --> Stian will review
    • Tim to regenerated document, Stian to continue review.
    • Mainly examples have changed
  • Stephan: no bandwidth
  • Satya: willing to review
  • Tim: willing to review, can't help make it.
  • ... assuming that this will pick up in the next few weeks.
  • Daniel: Paul's validator is on the implementation page http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvImplementations
  • ... link:

Stephan

Khalid

Daniel

  • Waiting for Tim and Stian to review the updates made after review of prov-o july 3 2012 for last call (33 RAISED feedback points left of 100+).
  • Still have to discuss the figures that go in the final version of the document (David did more than the one that is currently there).
    • Agreed to wait until David is available to discuss.

Finishing examples spreadsheet:

  • will be doing another pass this week.

Tim

Someone please take
Mine
  • stop using trig in prov-o html [1]


  • Ivan's comments http://www.w3.org/mid/2BB8960E-3025-4116-B43B-4185BB99A68F@w3.org
    • his means that there is an editorial issue in the current Last Call which still refers to the TR space (in the abstract)
  • Update figures to latest draft: Well sppotted, I hadn't realized. I have changed it. They are 2 different activities. (see Daniel)
    • Regarding the image with the bundlePost in the html, I have spotted a typo: There is an edge with prov:hadLocation from the pyublicationActivity to the Location, which is incorrect. This edge should be from :post9821v1 instead (as you have it with :post9821v2). Also, there is a "my" prefix in the edge snapshotContent that should be ":" according to the example. Also, as I suggested before i would remove the boxes with "type" and "date" to simplify the although that's just my opinion.
    • Finally, I had to do some small changes to the example, adding annotations to the bundle. Would you mind adding those, please?. (Daniel)
  • Review Daniel's 3.2
  • Luc's scan


AOB