PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2012-07-02

From Provenance WG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

prov-wg - Modeling Task Force - OWL group telecon

Attendees

  • Tim 
  • Stian
  • Stephan
  • David Corsar
  • Khalid
  • Satya
  • Jun
  • Sam Coppens
  • Daniel (regrets)

Agenda

For the issues that you are assigned:

  • describe the original concern
  • describe any perspectives already expressed
  • recommend next step, or propose a solution

Releasing prov.owl tomorrow for internal review to LC

  • Tim: OWL and HTML to be released tomorrow. Please provide any last minute feedback.

ISSUES

Stephan

  • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/267 - justify all subproperty assertions (of tracedTo)
    • 2nd pass?
    • (Stephan) I somehow missed Tim's response to my first pass, will read and make 2nd pass
    • With removal of tracedTo this issue can be closed
    • Take-away from this review is that prov:dm is Stephan's recommended annotation for linking to a concept's definition in PROV-DM.
    • ... it lets us link into DM page. (the way it is now is good).
    • ... Stephan wants us to use more links to DM.


Khalid

  • Khalid mocked up what a highlight would look like. (with strong HTML elements)
    • ... sent Tim the mockup before F2F.
    • ... not sure if it is good, or high prirority.
    • ... Tim: keep this on the radar.

Jun

TODO: create a google doc to assign editorial tasks of section 3 to individuals according to the updated ontology

All: the link to the google doc is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahxrga9AQHb_dDBQV3ZyWEN6S2RXcWVZMzI0S0xKeEE. Still need to be populated with content after I reviewed the latest prov-o spec

Is the narrative for section 4?

Stian

  • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/406 
    • Delegation wrong direction.
    • Stian: confused his colleague. Opposite direction.
    • ... with name change, it is now confusing.
    • ... hadDelegate to be the primary, but that doens't follow the back in time rule.
    • Stian: proposal is to rename.

TODO: Agreed to postpone it and announce on list.

Daniel

Satya

Satya: we are not defining the classes, we're giving a "triple view" as OWL API treats ontologies as set of axioms and not as triples. Hence, OWL API is not most appropriate for parsing PROV-O.

TODO: Close the issue.

  • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/377 RL++ justifications appendix
    • started at http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o#prov-o-owl-profile
    • TODO: Satya to do the narrative, Tim to do the listing.
    • ... Stian: some domains are "doubled" one for RL and one for non-RL.
    • ... Khalid: why are we defining the superclasses in addition to the union.
    • ... Stian: we were avoding "InvolvementWithTime"
    • ... Satya: Generation, Assocaition
    • ... Tim: hadActivity has two domains: Influence and (Delegation or Derivation or Start) --- Note that the latter is a subclass of the former---
    • ... Khalid: using constraints.
    • ... Satya: named class, increase of size, doesn't provide provenance information.
    • ... Stian: not that they do, but that they could have the property.

Tim

Editorial
  • Stephan's feedback on property annotations in OWL
    • prov:qualifiedForm - comment does not reflect "pointing at both" - Stephan.
      • example:

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#actedOnBehalfOf">         <qualifiedForm rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Delegation"/>         <qualifiedForm rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#qualifiedDelegation"/> </owl:ObjectProperty>

      • definition of qualifedForm seems to indicate it should link a prov:wasInfluencedBy to a prov:Influence class
      • "This annotation property links a prov:involved subproperty with a prov:Involved subclass. This indicates that the property can be qualified by using prov:qualified. "
    • prov:qualifiedForm should change 'prov:Involved subclass' -> 'prov:Involvement subclass'.
      • I think that should be Influence subclass now (--Stephan)
    • This is an issue with prov:wasTracedTo and all its sub-properties.
    • prov:category, prov:component ... no links. TODO (CODE): use URI instead of the literal strings.



Someone please take
Backburner

AOB