PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2012-05-07
From Provenance WG Wiki
Revision as of 19:19, 7 May 2012 by Tlebo
- previous meeting
- date: 2012-05-07
- time: 12pm ET, 5pm GMT
- via Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 695 ("OWL")
- wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology_Meeting_2012-05-07
- titan page: http://titanpad.com/MfVPt80LOJ
- next meeting
- Khalid (regrets)
- Jun (regrets)
- Stian (regrets)
For the issues that you are assigned:
- describe the original concern
- describe any perspectives already expressed
- recommend next step, or propose a solution
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/267 annotate subproperties
- The sub-properties were annotated to justify the fact that they are sub-properties. (I sent an email to Tim and Paolo to ask if the related issues 267 can be closed, I haven't received an answer for that).
- TODO: did he commit them
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/349 turtle examples in cross ref
- Khalid made sure that people added all the TTL examples required in the cross references section.
- Tim: are all comments cleared? Still has yellow and red in spreadsheet.
- TODO: Tim to review Satya's
- Tim: we can show Involvement -- how wasConductedBy is understood generically in PROV.
- Daniel: possible attributes of OriginalSource
- Tim: I've noticed this same "finding attributes" problem with most of the Involvements.
- Paul: confidence values on the relation.
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/281 deref namespace
- http://www.w3.org/ns/prov# dereferincing namespace will get to a page.
- Tim: conneg? curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" -L vs. curl -H "Accept: text/turtle" -L
- https://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/373 remove qualified from 3.2 expanded
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/89 finding attributes CLOSED
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/344 definitions CLOSED
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/268 two level ontology
- sent email to group about decision, no response as of yet http://www.w3.org/mid/A3FB311F-AECF-42D0-A5A0-B3CE1B8B1914@rpi.edu
- possibly ready to be CLOSED
- TODO send email asking if ready to close (SENT)
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/363 prov:value collision
- Stephan: if we break collections to a separate document, then do we use a different namespace?
- Paul: group all collection info (dm, prov-o) into one document. We've already resolved to use one namespace.
- Paul: regardless of what document, it's all part of the recommendation.
- provc:value is clearly not prov:value
- Tim: use prov-collections as an example of extending prov
- Stephan: alternate option is to rename object proprty prov:value to prov:keyPairValue or similar
- Stephan: PROPOSAL: rename datatype property prov:value to prov:content?
- Paul: too many namespaces causes confusion for developers
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/338 prov:agent vs hadPlan naming CLOSED
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/83 annotate prov:inverse local names
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/366 approving agent.
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/334 qual pattern definition
- For ProvRDF issues, move RAISED issues to either POSTPONED, OPEN, or CLOSED
- Tim: be ruthless on POSTPONE
- For Involvement - use non PROV properties (not use specific sub-type of involvement)
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/276 coverage
- automation still down.
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/336 latest round of feedback
- RAISED 44 -> 36
- PENDING-REVIEW 16 -> 19
- CLOSED 2 -> 3
- OPEN 48 -> 50
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/348 property naming
- ongoing, describing and documenting is the focus now.
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/308 w3c style
- Will close unless somebody objects to the current use of aquarius. Is it holding anybody back?
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/350 union domains in html cross ref
- Still not done. Will do this week :-)
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/371 timestamped owl
- Still waiting on Jun to clarify what the problem is and what she wants
- option 1: Tim is going to hg tag the owl file.
- option 2: Tim is adding to the automation so that the prov-o.html will point to the OWL version that it used.
- option 3: <> owl:versionIRI <www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-prov-o-20120501/ProvenanceOntology.owl> ?
- Satya: adding versionIRI into the file itself instead of naming the OWL File directly (owl:version "2012-04-12") owl:versionInfo <ontology IRI>
- Paul: IRI is better. Use case is to download it, and use locally. using namespace supposed to use.
- Tim: support this at every hg commit? Paul: no.
- Tim: only for WD releases? Paul: yes.
- Stephan: I prefer versionIRI as well (but do owl:versionInfo as well)
How would you encode http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o#acknowledgements in prov-o?
Stephan: Does the removal of responsibilities from dervication deprecate prov:wasApprovedBy? Tim: yes.
- https://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/372 qualified prop chains
- (prov:qualifiedUsage prov:entity) rdfs:subPropertyOf prov:used .
- Tim tried to add "prov:qualifiedUsage prov:entity -> prov:used", but Protege cut off "prov:entity"
- prov:qualifiedUsage o prov:entity
- done: Stephan will send link.
- Property chains Allow transitivity across multiple properties. For the currently selected property prop3, the editor syntax is prop1 o prop2 [o ...] -> prop3 which means if a prop1 b and b prop2 c then a prop3 c.
- Looks like it works :-) -Tim