PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2012-03-12

From Provenance WG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

prov-wg - Modeling Task Force - OWL group telecon

Agenda

  • prov-o HTML
    • Jun and Khalid's second pass materials
    • automated prototype: http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o (currently down)
    • TODO: Tim to incorporate Jun and Khalid's work into automated prototype. (will do today)
    • Are we ready to assign sections?
      • Khalid: yes, some are automated. Manual section will be section 3. 
      • ... Section 4 will be automated from ont and DM.
      • ... want to see what the automated creation looks like before assigning.
      • Jun: tried to point out in updated draft what concepts and properties are in each section.
      • ... important that we agree what goes into each section.
      • Tim: which is the latest document? v3 word document http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/88d78df4c3f9/ontology/khalid-jun-dropbox/PROVO%20%28Proposal%20for%20the%20structure%20of%20the%20HTML%20document%29-v3.docx
      • Yes, it is the above document that need to be reviewed
      • Tim: we need to do this in parallel.
      • REQUEST: review v3 doc in terms of content design. - TODO: Mike review today. TODO: Tim to find reviewers.
      • Tim: Luc's def automation . Look at a file, Luc will also email TODO: Tim, Luc.
    • Will the prov-o team feed the automated prototype (when to stop using .doc and .pdf)?
    • REQUEST: someone to look into a validation dry run (gather notes from previous times) TODO: Satya to resend "howto" from first release. Send on today. (Stian, Khalid, Tim did before)
    • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/products/10 html REQUEST: someone to take a pass on issues.
      • done: Khalid to review. Will do before Thursday telecon (try tomorrow)
    • Luc: timetable. draft to wg in 2 weeks.
    • Luc: longer term timetable? Tim: make assignments next week after wg feedback on strucured html
    • Luc: will the design reflect the newer organization? http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/working-copy/wd5-prov-dm-components.html
    • khalid: mostly, x and y are less core.
    • Luc: would be useful if we need to make changes in DM to align with presentation of provo html.
    • Jun: would be helpful to review html when online, we can reconcile when we compare
  • OWL
    • Involvement hierarchy flattened
    • simplified TimeInstants to started/endedAtTime xsd:dateTime, atTime xsd:dateTime
    • [owl changed] announcements are being made on list
    • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/products/9 mapping REQUEST: someone to take a pass on issues.
    • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/products/3 owl REQUEST: someone to take a pass on issues.
    • Khalid: in DM, relations are defined as optional. OWL. property that defines relation between (e.g. wasGeneratedBy) Entity to Activity that generated it.
    • ... Activity is optional. A problem? A bit odd to have object property that requires
    • (in this e.g., "prov:activity" property missing?)
    • Stian: what does optional mean? Is it filled in or missing? Lots of interpretations.
    • Khalid: "activity must be there", but in DM
    • http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF#Partial_mappings says if optional on LHS, then the RHS triples just don't show up.
    • Stian: if all of things are missing, then you haven't said anything.
    • Satya: usage requires activity, generation it is optional.


AOB

  • Luc extracting prov notations from DM, WD4 has them tagged properly.
  • Daniel how to deal with the issues?

Attendees

  • Tim
  • Satya
  • Luc
  • Mike
  • Khalid
  • Jun
  • Stian
  • Daniel
  • Stephan