PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2012-03-12
From Provenance WG Wiki
Revision as of 18:48, 12 March 2012 by Tlebo
- previous meeting
- date: 2012-03-12
- time: 12pm ET, 4pm UK
- via Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 695 ("OWL")
- wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology_Meeting_2012-03-12
- titan page: http://titanpad.com/zmzHjHhige
- next meeting
- WD4 out
- http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/provrdf-owl-coverage updated
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF updated
- REQUEST: someone to walk WD4 and ProvRDF with an eye on 1) LHS ordering and 2) suiting DM's new organization and 3) alignment?
- Stian will read on WED, Satya after Thursday.
- Luc - any issues on DM? not yet. Three asn's missing
- prov-o HTML
- Jun and Khalid's second pass materials
- automated prototype: http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o (currently down)
- TODO: Tim to incorporate Jun and Khalid's work into automated prototype. (will do today)
- Are we ready to assign sections?
- Khalid: yes, some are automated. Manual section will be section 3.
- ... Section 4 will be automated from ont and DM.
- ... want to see what the automated creation looks like before assigning.
- Jun: tried to point out in updated draft what concepts and properties are in each section.
- ... important that we agree what goes into each section.
- Tim: which is the latest document? v3 word document http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/88d78df4c3f9/ontology/khalid-jun-dropbox/PROVO%20%28Proposal%20for%20the%20structure%20of%20the%20HTML%20document%29-v3.docx
- Yes, it is the above document that need to be reviewed
- Tim: we need to do this in parallel.
- REQUEST: review v3 doc in terms of content design. - TODO: Mike review today. TODO: Tim to find reviewers.
- Tim: Luc's def automation . Look at a file, Luc will also email TODO: Tim, Luc.
- Will the prov-o team feed the automated prototype (when to stop using .doc and .pdf)?
- REQUEST: someone to look into a validation dry run (gather notes from previous times) TODO: Satya to resend "howto" from first release. Send on today. (Stian, Khalid, Tim did before)
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/products/10 html REQUEST: someone to take a pass on issues.
- done: Khalid to review. Will do before Thursday telecon (try tomorrow)
- Luc: timetable. draft to wg in 2 weeks.
- Luc: longer term timetable? Tim: make assignments next week after wg feedback on strucured html
- Luc: will the design reflect the newer organization? http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/working-copy/wd5-prov-dm-components.html
- khalid: mostly, x and y are less core.
- Luc: would be useful if we need to make changes in DM to align with presentation of provo html.
- Jun: would be helpful to review html when online, we can reconcile when we compare
- Involvement hierarchy flattened
- simplified TimeInstants to started/endedAtTime xsd:dateTime, atTime xsd:dateTime
- [owl changed] announcements are being made on list
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/products/9 mapping REQUEST: someone to take a pass on issues.
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/products/3 owl REQUEST: someone to take a pass on issues.
- Khalid: in DM, relations are defined as optional. OWL. property that defines relation between (e.g. wasGeneratedBy) Entity to Activity that generated it.
- ... Activity is optional. A problem? A bit odd to have object property that requires
- (in this e.g., "prov:activity" property missing?)
- Stian: what does optional mean? Is it filled in or missing? Lots of interpretations.
- Khalid: "activity must be there", but in DM
- http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF#Partial_mappings says if optional on LHS, then the RHS triples just don't show up.
- Stian: if all of things are missing, then you haven't said anything.
- Satya: usage requires activity, generation it is optional.
- Luc extracting prov notations from DM, WD4 has them tagged properly.
- Daniel how to deal with the issues?