PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2011-12-29

From Provenance WG Wiki
Revision as of 17:00, 3 January 2012 by Tlebo (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

prov-wg - Modeling Task Force - OWL group telecon

Attendees

  • Satya
  • Daniel
  • Khalid
  • Stephan
  • Tim

Summary

  • We listed several topics where PROV-O is out of sync with DM WD2. The initial list will be developed and maintained at http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology#Outstanding_issues
  • Tim will write up Accounts in RDF and announce on the list (Friday mid-day).
  • Others to review DM, develop issues list, and review/feedback Tim's accounts writeup.
  • Meet next Tuesday 2 3 January 12 noon ET, 5pm UK to revisit issues list.

Agenda

  • Getting prov-o in sync with prov-dm
    • 1. Before the next F2F

Outstanding issues (maintain list at http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology#Outstanding_issues):

  • a. Constraints defined in PROV-DM - distinguish between enforceable constraints and well-formed constraints
  • b. Accounts (and named graphs)+ examples - coordinate between the RDF WG (RDF1.1) and prov WG - make note in PROV-O html document.
  • c. Agents association
  • d. Plan (in place of Recipe)
  • e. wasScheduledAfter - overloaded property
  • f. Start/End of Activity
  • g. onBehalfOf relation between agents and an activity
  • h. Derivation - updated in DM, three kinds of derivation

(make note on timeline)

Next steps:

Best practices document: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/tip/bestpractices/BestPractices.html

Discussions

Accounts

Tim to do first cut of RDFization of prov-dm's examples (by mid Friday).

Tim to gather related materials 

(All)-> provide feedback once Tim sends the first approach. Satya: make note that RDF 1.1 is not complete and we need to coordindate.

Tim to enumerate issues on RDF 1.1 to rdf-prov email list

Agents associations

Plans

Next meeting

Monday is a holiday.

Next Tuesday? 12 ET 5pm UK


until then, develop the list of prov-o out of sync with DM at http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology#Outstanding_issues