Provenance Working Group
Mission: to support the widespread publication and use of provenance information of Web documents, data, and resources. The Working Group will publish W3C Recommendations that define a language for exchanging provenance information among applications. (See Charter)
The Working Group is based on an extensive review and roadmap developed by a prior incubator group.
News & Active Topics
- Discussing a Data Journalism Example and how it illustrates the charter concepts
- Defining provenance concepts
- Discussing how provenance fits in the Web architecture
- Semantic Web Activity Blog - news from related groups at the W3C
The Working Group activities are structured in four task forces described as follows ProvenanceTaskForces.
Deliverables (Drafts will be linked from here, as they are created)
The Working Group stems from a year long incubator group. We suggest that participants in the Working Group be familiar with the following documents:
- Final Report in particular Provenance in the Web Architecture and the Provenance Concepts in the recommendations section.
- Provenance Vocabulary Mappings
If you want to join this group, see How to Join.
If you are officially in the group, you will automatically receive group email and your w3.org login and password will work on this wiki.
The email archive for firstname.lastname@example.org is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/.
- F2F1 : July 6 - 7, Boston
Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only):
- Thursdays, 8 am San Francisco, 11 am Boston, 4 pm London, 5 pm Paris
- For up to 90 minutes, goal is 60 minutes.
- Dial +1-617-761-6200 or sip:email@example.com then conference code 7768#
- IRC channel: #prov.
- An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
- 2013-05-02 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-04-25 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-04-18 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-04-11 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-04-04 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-03-28 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-03-21 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-03-14 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-03-07 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-02-28 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-02-21 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-02-14 - cancelled due to lack of chair
- 2013-02-07 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-01-31 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-01-24 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-01-17 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-01-10 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2013-01-03 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-12-13 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-12-06 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-11-29 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-11-22 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-11-08, 09 Face to Face Meeting 4 Minutes day1 Minutes day2
- 2012-11-01 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-10-25 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-10-18 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-10-11 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-10-04 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-09-27 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-09-20 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-09-13 - Agenda, Minutes
- 2012-09-06 - Agenda, Minutes
See charter deliverables. Significant deviations will be noted here.
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- CommonScribe (scribe tool) manual
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
Email the chairs and staff contacts at firstname.lastname@example.org.