From Provenance WG Wiki
The PROV tutorial at the EDBT conference
The PROV tutorial at EDBT 2013 was presented on March, 20, 2013 in Genova, Italy.
This tutorial presents PROV as a relational data model with constraints and inference rules, supported by a (nearly) relational notation (PROV-N).
The tutorial is in three parts, each about 30 minutes long, and consists of the following material:
- Part I: The PROV Data Model and PROV Notation (Paolo Missier) .
- Part II: Constraints of the Provenance Model (James Cheney).
- Reference document: PROV-CONSTR
- Part III: Known extensions and applications (Khalid Belhajjame).
- Reference document: PROV Implementations
There is also a short paper describing the motivation, structure and content of the tutorial, published in the EDBT'13 proceedings: The W3C PROV family of specifications for modelling provenance metadata, Paolo Missier, Khalid Belhajjame, and James Cheney