Difference between revisions of "Chatlog 2012-11-22"

From Provenance WG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 53: Line 53:
 
16:02:34 <dgarijo> hello
 
16:02:34 <dgarijo> hello
 
16:02:42 <Luc> topic: admin
 
16:02:42 <Luc> topic: admin
 +
<Luc>Summary: F2F4 minutes were approved.
 
16:03:15 <Zakim> +??P4
 
16:03:15 <Zakim> +??P4
 
16:03:24 <khalidBelhajjame> khalidBelhajjame has joined #prov
 
16:03:24 <khalidBelhajjame> khalidBelhajjame has joined #prov
Line 72: Line 73:
 
16:04:22 <Luc> accepted: minutes of the F2F4 meeting
 
16:04:22 <Luc> accepted: minutes of the F2F4 meeting
 
16:04:41 <Luc> topic: Summary of Timetable to CR
 
16:04:41 <Luc> topic: Summary of Timetable to CR
 +
<Luc>Summary: Luc summarized the timetable to CR publication. CR documents must be ready by noon GMT on November 26th, for final check by chairs and Ivan. Announcement on Nov 27th. CR transition teleconference on Dec 6, and planned publication on Dec 11th.  Notes to be ready for staging on Dec 5th. Vote for release of notes on Nov 29th. Questionnaires must be ready by Dec 11th.
 
16:04:43 <dgarijo> Luc: Action review
 
16:04:43 <dgarijo> Luc: Action review
 
16:04:46 <Zakim> +Satya_Sahoo
 
16:04:46 <Zakim> +Satya_Sahoo
Line 99: Line 101:
 
16:07:25 <Luc> topic: Review of Actions assigned at F2F4
 
16:07:25 <Luc> topic: Review of Actions assigned at F2F4
 
16:07:38 <Luc> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/open
 
16:07:38 <Luc> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/open
 +
<Luc>Summary: We spent the best part of 45m inutes going through all actions and closing those that were complete.
 
16:07:38 <dgarijo> Luc: Review of the f2f meeting actions.
 
16:07:38 <dgarijo> Luc: Review of the f2f meeting actions.
 
16:07:44 <dgarijo> ... a long list
 
16:07:44 <dgarijo> ... a long list
Line 334: Line 337:
 
16:34:07 <dgarijo> Luc: closing 152
 
16:34:07 <dgarijo> Luc: closing 152
 
16:34:18 <Luc> Topic: Implementation Questionnaire and Test Cases
 
16:34:18 <Luc> Topic: Implementation Questionnaire and Test Cases
 +
<Luc>Summary: Paul updated us on attempts to port the questionnaire to W3C WBS. So far, so good. The outstanding question is whether it supports, in some way, multiple submissions by an individual.  Dong updated the constraints testcase document, and seeded the repository with a few test cases. Interested parties should review this document: Jun, Paolo, James, Luc, Paul agreed to provide feedback on it. Khalid offered to copy the examples from the prov-dm document to the test case repository. Dong will copy the examples from the prov-o document.
 
16:34:47 <Dong> @Paul, sorry, I mistook the action with Tim's request for an implementation report landing page
 
16:34:47 <Dong> @Paul, sorry, I mistook the action with Tim's request for an implementation report landing page
 
16:34:50 <Zakim> -??P4
 
16:34:50 <Zakim> -??P4
Line 411: Line 415:
 
16:49:21 <jun> @Dong, not sure about your link. That's not used in our prov-o spec. But the link we just sent does
 
16:49:21 <jun> @Dong, not sure about your link. That's not used in our prov-o spec. But the link we just sent does
 
16:49:33 <Luc> topic: Update on Rec-track documents
 
16:49:33 <Luc> topic: Update on Rec-track documents
 +
<Luc>Summary:  Prov-dm/n/constraints are staged (so, is prov-o but it still needs Tim's final pass). Simon checked prov-dm, Dong will check prov-n, Satya is checking prov-o. Members are invited to make quick checks for find buglets, before final freeze on Monday.
 
16:49:39 <dgarijo> @Jun, yes they are included. In another part
 
16:49:39 <dgarijo> @Jun, yes they are included. In another part
 
16:50:02 <Dong> @dgarijo, @jun, Thanks
 
16:50:02 <Dong> @dgarijo, @jun, Thanks
Line 436: Line 441:
 
16:53:39 <dgarijo> Luc: will have a look on monday
 
16:53:39 <dgarijo> Luc: will have a look on monday
 
16:53:44 <Luc> topic: Update on Note-track documents
 
16:53:44 <Luc> topic: Update on Note-track documents
 +
<Luc>Summary: prov-primer is almost ready to go, and waiting for final approval from Robert and Stephan. Figures will be edited during the week.
 
16:54:06 <dgarijo> ... don't know about prov-xml. Prov primer?
 
16:54:06 <dgarijo> ... don't know about prov-xml. Prov primer?
 
16:54:16 <dgarijo> smiles: all of the corrections are done
 
16:54:16 <dgarijo> smiles: all of the corrections are done
Line 443: Line 449:
 
16:55:01 <dgarijo> ... issues with the color scheme
 
16:55:01 <dgarijo> ... issues with the color scheme
 
16:55:12 <Luc> topic: PROV-DC
 
16:55:12 <Luc> topic: PROV-DC
 +
<Luc>Summary: Simon and Craig have agreed to review prov-dc. We are asking reviewers to tell us before Thursday, whether the document is ready as FPWD.
 
16:55:14 <dgarijo> Luc: 5th of December is the deadline
 
16:55:14 <dgarijo> Luc: 5th of December is the deadline
 
16:55:17 <dgarijo> smiles: ok
 
16:55:17 <dgarijo> smiles: ok
Line 456: Line 463:
 
16:57:51 <dgarijo> Ivan, Luc: it's ok.
 
16:57:51 <dgarijo> Ivan, Luc: it's ok.
 
16:57:57 <Luc> topic: other notes
 
16:57:57 <Luc> topic: other notes
 +
<Luc>Summary: The notes on mention and overview will be released during the week for fpwd vote on Thursday. Paolo agreed to comment on overview.
 
16:58:08 <dgarijo> Luc: overview, mention discussed
 
16:58:08 <dgarijo> Luc: overview, mention discussed
 
16:58:16 <dgarijo> ... we want to have a vote next week
 
16:58:16 <dgarijo> ... we want to have a vote next week
Line 481: Line 489:
 
17:01:02 <dgarijo> Luc: will have to ask Curt
 
17:01:02 <dgarijo> Luc: will have to ask Curt
 
17:01:16 <Luc> topic:  Organization Ontology
 
17:01:16 <Luc> topic:  Organization Ontology
 +
<Luc>Summary: Jun will draft a response to the GLD Working Group. It will be circulated to the PROV-WG for feedback and sent to GLD WG by Nov 25 (their LC deadline).
 
17:01:26 <dgarijo> Luc: Organization Ontology. The prov wg was asked to review this ontology.
 
17:01:26 <dgarijo> Luc: Organization Ontology. The prov wg was asked to review this ontology.
 
17:01:43 <dgarijo> ... I sent my feedback to Jun, who was happy to produce a response. Jun?
 
17:01:43 <dgarijo> ... I sent my feedback to Jun, who was happy to produce a response. Jun?

Revision as of 22:34, 22 November 2012

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

15:29:00 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #prov
15:29:00 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/11/22-prov-irc
15:29:02 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:29:02 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #prov
15:29:04 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be PROV
15:29:04 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(PROV)11:00AM scheduled to start in 31 minutes
15:29:05 <trackbot> Meeting: Provenance Working Group Teleconference
15:29:05 <trackbot> Date: 22 November 2012
15:37:39 <Luc> Luc has joined #prov
15:42:57 <Luc> trackbot, start telcon
15:43:00 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:43:02 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be PROV
15:43:02 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(PROV)11:00AM scheduled to start in 17 minutes
15:43:02 <Luc> Zakim, this will be PROV
15:43:03 <trackbot> Meeting: Provenance Working Group Teleconference
15:43:03 <Zakim> ok, Luc; I see SW_(PROV)11:00AM scheduled to start in 17 minutes
15:43:03 <trackbot> Date: 22 November 2012
15:43:19 <Luc> Chair: Luc Moreau
15:43:32 <Luc> Scribe: DanielG
15:43:39 <Luc> rrsagent, make logs public
15:43:43 <Luc> zakim, who is here?
15:43:43 <Zakim> SW_(PROV)11:00AM has not yet started, Luc
15:43:44 <Zakim> On IRC I see Luc, Zakim, RRSAgent, ivan, trackbot, stain
15:45:34 <Luc> Regrets: Timothy Lebo,  Stephan Zednik, Deborah McGuinness, Curt Tilmes, Craig Trim, Hook Hua
15:45:59 <Luc> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2012.11.22
15:49:55 <Luc> action-123?
15:49:55 <trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Luc Moreau to editor check -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
15:49:55 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/123
15:53:25 <pgroth> pgroth has joined #prov
15:55:03 <dgarijo> dgarijo has joined #prov
15:55:49 <Zakim> SW_(PROV)11:00AM has now started
15:55:56 <Zakim> +??P0
15:56:19 <dgarijo> Zakim, ??P0 is me
15:56:19 <Zakim> +dgarijo; got it
15:56:26 <dgarijo> scribe: dgarijo
15:58:17 <jcheney> jcheney has joined #prov
15:59:33 <Zakim> + +44.238.059.aaaa
15:59:52 <Luc> Hi daniel, everything is ready for you
15:59:56 <Zakim> +??P2
16:00:12 <dgarijo> @Luc: thanks
16:00:28 <smiles> smiles has joined #prov
16:00:49 <Zakim> + +44.131.467.aabb
16:00:55 <jcheney> zakim, aabb is me
16:00:55 <Zakim> +jcheney; got it
16:00:56 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
16:00:57 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
16:00:57 <Zakim> +Ivan
16:02:20 <pgroth> hello
16:02:26 <Luc> hi
16:02:33 <jun> jun has joined #prov
16:02:34 <dgarijo> hello
16:02:42 <Luc> topic: admin
<Luc>Summary: F2F4 minutes were approved.
16:03:15 <Zakim> +??P4
16:03:24 <khalidBelhajjame> khalidBelhajjame has joined #prov
16:03:24 <dgarijo> Luc: long agenda, although we are not many due to thanksgiving
16:03:31 <Luc> proposed: minutes of the F2F4 meeting
16:03:44 <ivan> +1
16:03:44 <jcheney> +1
16:03:45 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
16:03:45 <dgarijo> I wasn't there: +0
16:03:49 <khalidBelhajjame> +1
16:03:50 <smiles> +1
16:03:55 <Luc> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2012-11-09
16:03:59 <Luc> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2012-11-10
16:04:05 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a]
16:04:07 <jun> zakim, [IPcaller] is me
16:04:07 <Zakim> +jun; got it
16:04:18 <khalidBelhajjame> zakim, [IPcaller.a] is me
16:04:18 <Zakim> +khalidBelhajjame; got it
16:04:22 <Luc> accepted: minutes of the F2F4 meeting
16:04:41 <Luc> topic: Summary of Timetable to CR
<Luc>Summary: Luc summarized the timetable to CR publication. CR documents must be ready by noon GMT on November 26th, for final check by chairs and Ivan. Announcement on Nov 27th. CR transition teleconference on Dec 6, and planned publication on Dec 11th.  Notes to be ready for staging on Dec 5th. Vote for release of notes on Nov 29th. Questionnaires must be ready by Dec 11th.
16:04:43 <dgarijo> Luc: Action review
16:04:46 <Zakim> +Satya_Sahoo
16:04:53 <satya> satya has joined #prov
16:04:58 <Zakim> +??P8
16:05:22 <Luc> Chairs announcing intent to publish CR (Nov 27th)
16:05:28 <dgarijo> Luc we voted to submit the CRs so that we can announe a release on the 27th.
16:05:41 <Luc> CR transition teleconference (Dec 7th)
16:05:50 <Dong> Dong has joined #prov
16:05:59 <Zakim> +??P9
16:06:00 <Luc> CR publication (Dec 11th)
16:06:08 <Luc> Documents ready by November 26th, noon GMT
16:06:08 <dgarijo> ... so we have a week to deal with final comments
16:06:18 <pgroth> really loud!!!
16:06:50 <pgroth> ??P8 is me
16:06:58 <pgroth> zakim, ??P8 is me
16:06:58 <Zakim> +pgroth; got it
16:07:02 <dgarijo> we are talking about 4 documents for recommendations. The notes can be ready at a later stage.
16:07:03 <Luc> q?
16:07:06 <smiles> zakim, ??P9 is me
16:07:06 <Zakim> +smiles; got it
16:07:07 <Dong> one might be me
16:07:08 <dgarijo> ... any questions?
16:07:11 <Luc> q?
16:07:23 <Dong> zakim, ??P9 is me
16:07:23 <Zakim> I already had ??P9 as smiles, Dong
16:07:25 <Luc> topic: Review of Actions assigned at F2F4
16:07:38 <Luc> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/open
<Luc>Summary: We spent the best part of 45m inutes going through all actions and closing those that were complete.
16:07:38 <dgarijo> Luc: Review of the f2f meeting actions.
16:07:44 <dgarijo> ... a long list
16:07:45 <pgroth> zakim, who is loud?
16:07:45 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, pgroth.
16:07:46 <Paolo> Paolo has joined #prov
16:07:46 <SamCoppens> SamCoppens has joined #prov
16:07:47 <Luc> action-116?
16:07:47 <trackbot> ACTION-116 -- Timothy Lebo to implement cross referencing for issue 461 -- due 2012-12-13 -- OPEN
16:07:47 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/116
16:08:10 <dgarijo> ... a purely editorial issue that can be done after CR
16:08:11 <Luc> action-122?
16:08:11 <trackbot> ACTION-122 -- Luc Moreau to - add example of document/bundle to faq explaining validity -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:08:11 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/122
16:08:23 <Luc> action-123?
16:08:23 <trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Luc Moreau to editor check -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:08:23 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/123
16:08:25 <dgarijo> ... Luc has not done it yet
16:08:29 <pgroth> Zakim, who is noisy?
16:08:40 <Zakim> pgroth, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ivan (24%)
16:08:54 <dgarijo> ... 123-> Do we need a final check on this? Paul, what do you think?
16:08:55 <ivan> zakim, mute me
16:08:55 <Zakim> Ivan should now be muted
16:09:11 <ivan> zakim, unmute me
16:09:11 <Zakim> Ivan should no longer be muted
16:09:18 <Zakim> + +329331aacc
16:09:18 <dgarijo> Luc: Ivan, should we do anything here?
16:09:29 <dgarijo> Ivan: what specific check do you need?
16:09:36 <SamCoppens> zakim, +329331aacc is me
16:09:36 <Zakim> +SamCoppens; got it
16:09:39 <pgroth> q+
16:09:39 <dgarijo> Luc: I'm happy with the result of my action.
16:10:00 <dgarijo> Ivan: maybe you should do a last check on the abstract and references. That's it
16:10:03 <Luc> close action-123
16:10:03 <trackbot> ACTION-123 Editor check closed
16:10:06 <ivan> zakim, mute me
16:10:06 <Zakim> Ivan should now be muted
16:10:09 <dgarijo> Luc: it's still on the to do list
16:10:09 <Luc> action-124?
16:10:09 <trackbot> ACTION-124 -- Luc Moreau to prov-n editor check -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:10:09 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/124
16:10:09 <pgroth> q-
16:10:14 <dgarijo> Luc: will close it
16:10:16 <pgroth> no
16:10:17 <SamCoppens> zakim, mute me
16:10:17 <Zakim> SamCoppens should now be muted
16:10:30 <Luc> close action-124
16:10:30 <trackbot> ACTION-124 Prov-n editor check closed
16:10:36 <dgarijo> Luc: action 124: a last check of the provn document. Can be closed, as it's done
16:10:43 <Luc> action-127?
16:10:43 <trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Timothy Lebo to add hadActivity example to prov-o -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:10:43 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/127
16:11:01 <dgarijo> Luc: action 127->Tim, about adding examples for hadActivity
16:11:09 <dgarijo> Luc: Jun, can you update us
16:11:12 <dgarijo> ?
16:11:23 <dgarijo> Jun: done it
16:11:42 <dgarijo>  ok ok
16:11:59 <dgarijo> LUc: Daniel will review the examples by Jun
16:12:00 <pgroth> yes
16:12:03 <Luc> close action-127
16:12:03 <trackbot> ACTION-127 Add hadActivity example to prov-o closed
16:12:08 <dgarijo> Luc: 127 closed.
16:12:10 <Luc> action-128?
16:12:10 <trackbot> ACTION-128 -- Timothy Lebo to add a statement on informative and normative in prov-o -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:12:10 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/128
16:12:18 <pgroth> done
16:12:21 <pgroth> said it was done
16:12:26 <pgroth> on the wiki
16:12:49 <Luc> ivan?
16:12:54 <dgarijo> Luc: 128->Tim. He sent a message and it's done. Given the importance of the normative section it would be good if somene could check it. Ivan?
16:12:56 <ivan> zakim, mute me
16:12:56 <Zakim> Ivan was already muted, ivan
16:13:06 <Luc> ivan?
16:13:09 <ivan> zakim, unmute me
16:13:09 <Zakim> Ivan should no longer be muted
16:13:35 <dgarijo> Ivan: I can do that but I don't know when. I'm out after this call.
16:13:46 <pgroth> q+ to ask about timeline
16:13:46 <dgarijo> Luc: I'll have a look then
16:13:55 <Luc> ack pg
16:13:55 <Zakim> pgroth, you wanted to ask about timeline
16:14:15 <dgarijo> pgroth: what happens if we do it until tuesday?
16:14:22 <dgarijo> ... they are checks
16:14:24 <dgarijo> Ivan: no
16:14:34 <Luc> q?
16:14:35 <dgarijo> ... we are not supposed to change those
16:15:00 <dgarijo> ...The due date is tuesday
16:15:14 <Luc> q?
16:15:15 <dgarijo> ... so updates on monday are still fine
16:15:22 <dgarijo> ... contact me if you need anything else
16:15:25 <dgarijo> Luc: ok
16:15:29 <Luc> action-129?
16:15:29 <trackbot> ACTION-129 -- Timothy Lebo to editor check prov-o -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:15:29 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/129
16:15:39 <Luc> action-133?
16:15:39 <trackbot> ACTION-133 -- Paul Groth to draft a first one page overview -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:15:39 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/133
16:15:41 <dgarijo> ... Action 129->Tim: still in progress
16:15:59 <pgroth> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/beb20fc47489/overview/overview.html
16:16:31 <dgarijo> ... Action 133 overview of documents. Paul started it in mercurial. When does this guide need to be done? Tuesday?
16:16:36 <dgarijo> Luc, Ivan: no
16:16:54 <dgarijo> Luc: we need a vote to release as a note, before the 11th
16:17:23 <dgarijo> Ivan: when is our deadlilne within the group for the notes?
16:17:32 <dgarijo> Luc: we want to publish them on December
16:18:05 <dgarijo> Luc: some need a transition request and a publication request. If we start on the 4th of December, is that fine?
16:18:27 <Zakim> -??P4
16:18:37 <pgroth> can't hear
16:19:05 <dgarijo> Ivan: let's try to help the web master. Sending the request 4,5 6 would be a good idea
16:19:32 <dgarijo> ... 5th or 6th should be the publication requiest. Transition request ->3rd
16:19:38 <Zakim> +??P4
16:19:43 <dgarijo> By 3rd the docs should be ready
16:19:55 <Paolo> Paolo has joined #prov
16:20:06 <dgarijo> Luc: so next week we should be ready to make the decission. That doesn't leave much time, Paul.
16:20:21 <dgarijo> ... Mention, DC is in the same vote
16:20:39 <dgarijo> ... Mention and Overview at least next thursday.
16:20:58 <dgarijo> ... we need a deadline for the 27th.
16:21:08 <dgarijo> pgroth: I need monday to create this
16:21:19 <dgarijo> .. I need someone to read it on tuesday.
16:21:22 <pgroth> ok
16:21:25 <pgroth> yes
16:21:30 <Luc> q?
16:21:42 <pgroth> ok
16:21:48 <dgarijo> Luc: I leave the action open
16:21:51 <Luc> action-134?
16:21:51 <trackbot> ACTION-134 -- Tom De Nies to draft a timetable for prov-dictionary for the next teleconference -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:21:51 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/134
16:22:07 <SamCoppens> zakim, unmute me
16:22:07 <Zakim> SamCoppens should no longer be muted
16:22:16 <dgarijo> ... 134->Tom.
16:22:26 <pgroth> yes
16:22:41 <dgarijo> Sam: I haven't drafted the timetable yet.
16:22:46 <dgarijo> ... Tom is away.
16:23:00 <Luc> action-135?
16:23:00 <trackbot> ACTION-135 -- Luc Moreau to create a mention of document -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:23:00 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/135
16:23:01 <dgarijo> ... I will have a look at it next week. Will have the timetable for next week
16:23:14 <SamCoppens> zakim, mute me
16:23:14 <Zakim> SamCoppens should now be muted
16:23:15 <Luc> action-136?
16:23:15 <trackbot> ACTION-136 -- Luc Moreau to update public response on mention -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:23:15 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/136
16:23:16 <dgarijo> Luc: 135-> Luc. I started but I keep the action open.
16:23:42 <dgarijo> ... 136->Luc: I sent an email asking for feedback, but no answer yet.
16:23:55 <pgroth> i think this is fine
16:24:00 <dgarijo> ... it is the response to Graham
16:24:16 <Luc> close action-136
16:24:16 <trackbot> ACTION-136 Update public response on mention closed
16:24:21 <Luc> action-137?
16:24:21 <trackbot> ACTION-137 -- Paul Groth to organize closure of issues closed pending review -- due 2012-11-16 -- OPEN
16:24:21 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/137
16:24:23 <dgarijo> Ivan: we should not be overly formal with this one, because he's been part of the discussions.
16:24:57 <Luc> close action-137
16:24:57 <trackbot> ACTION-137 Organize closure of issues closed pending review closed
16:24:58 <dgarijo> ... 137-> Paul. Paul guessed was for the PAQ. All issues were either closed or reopened.
16:25:03 <Luc> action-139?
16:25:03 <trackbot> ACTION-139 -- Paul Groth to change the respec style for implementation report -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:25:03 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/139
16:25:04 <dgarijo> paul: done
16:25:18 <Luc> close action-139
16:25:18 <trackbot> ACTION-139 Change the respec style for implementation report closed
16:25:20 <dgarijo> Luc: 139->Paul. Luc did it. Let's close it
16:25:24 <Luc> action-142?
16:25:24 <trackbot> ACTION-142 -- Stephan Zednik to create 3/4 questionnaires instead of a single branching one (+ remove mention) -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:25:24 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/142
16:25:25 <jcheney> q+ to point out that I marked my actions 130-132 pending review, so can we review/close them
16:25:58 <Luc> q?
16:26:03 <Luc> ack jcheney
16:26:03 <Zakim> jcheney, you wanted to point out that I marked my actions 130-132 pending review, so can we review/close them
16:26:05 <dgarijo> ... 142-> Stephan. Creation of 3-4 questionaires instead of one. Paul can give an update for later. It's still open.
16:26:17 <dgarijo> jcheney: my actions are pending review.
16:26:40 <dgarijo> ... those are all done.
16:26:46 <jcheney> 130, 131, 132
16:26:53 <Luc> action-143?
16:26:53 <trackbot> ACTION-143 -- Stephan Zednik to look at wbs for the implementation questionnaire -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:26:53 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/143
16:26:53 <dgarijo> Luc: 131, 132, 130 closed
16:27:13 <Luc> action-145?
16:27:13 <trackbot> ACTION-145 -- Stephan Zednik to add a question to ask about use of constraints by applications (e.g. "or the features that you implement, do you support the PROV-CONSTRAINTS?") -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:27:13 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/145
16:27:15 <dgarijo> Luc: 143. Paul will report later, it's open.
16:27:27 <Luc> action-146?
16:27:27 <trackbot> ACTION-146 -- Graham Klyne to talk to Jun about implementation of constraints and specifically test cases -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:27:27 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/146
16:27:29 <dgarijo> Luc... 145->Stephan. Action open.
16:27:49 <dgarijo> ... 146 Graham to talk to Jun about the constraints.
16:28:06 <pgroth> no timeline
16:28:10 <dgarijo> Jun: GK didn't talk to me yet. I have started an implementation. What is the timeline?
16:28:16 <pgroth> well before feb 1
16:28:37 <dgarijo> Luc: by 31st of Jan we hope to have the implementations complete
16:28:49 <dgarijo> Jun: ok.
16:29:06 <Luc> q?
16:29:42 <dgarijo> Luc: The impl should be independent.
16:29:43 <Luc> close action-147
16:29:43 <trackbot> ACTION-147 Editor's check on the primer closed
16:29:52 <Luc> close action-146
16:29:52 <trackbot> ACTION-146 Talk to Jun about implementation of constraints and specifically test cases closed
16:30:18 <dgarijo> ... action 146 -> Simon.
16:30:19 <Luc> action-147?
16:30:19 <trackbot> ACTION-147 -- Simon Miles to editor's check on the primer -- due 2012-11-17 -- CLOSED
16:30:19 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/147
16:30:30 <dgarijo> smiles: I checked through the primer
16:30:44 <dgarijo> ... but not sure if I have addressed the issue.
16:30:57 <dgarijo> ... is there any specific thing to be done?
16:31:03 <Luc> open action-147
16:31:15 <Luc> action-148?
16:31:15 <trackbot> ACTION-148 -- Luc Moreau to produce js file with biblio entries for prov documents -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:31:15 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/148
16:31:16 <pgroth> mute, smiles
16:31:18 <dgarijo> Luc: ok, so the action is still open
16:31:33 <Luc> close action-148
16:31:33 <trackbot> ACTION-148 Produce js file with biblio entries for prov documents closed
16:31:38 <dgarijo> Luc: 148->js file for the bibliographic entries. Done.
16:31:40 <Luc> action-149?
16:31:40 <trackbot> ACTION-149 -- Paul Groth to check for the current version of dublin core mapping + then send email to tim and craig for review -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:31:40 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/149
16:31:52 <Luc> close action-149
16:31:52 <trackbot> ACTION-149 Check for the current version of dublin core mapping + then send email to tim and craig for review closed
16:31:54 <dgarijo> ... 149: Paul to check the current version of DC. It's done.
16:32:06 <Luc> close action-150
16:32:06 <trackbot> ACTION-150 Remind simon what he's supposed to do closed
16:32:10 <dgarijo> ...150, done.
16:32:20 <Luc> action-151?
16:32:20 <trackbot> ACTION-151 -- Paul Groth to add a section on implementing prov and why and how -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:32:20 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/151
16:33:02 <Luc> action-152?
16:33:02 <trackbot> ACTION-152 -- Craig Trim to trim to write a paragraph motivating needs for provenance -- due 2012-11-17 -- OPEN
16:33:02 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/actions/152
16:33:02 <Dong> Paul, we have some material: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Call_For_Implementations
16:33:06 <dgarijo> ... 151->Paul. Make the implementors understand why they should adopt PROV. Paul is going to delay this.
16:33:31 <dgarijo> ... 152-> Craig. Is someone going to put this in the wiki?
16:33:45 <dgarijo> pgroth: yes, put an action on me to do that
16:33:55 <Luc> action pgroth to put the Craig's use cases on the wiki
16:33:55 <trackbot> Created ACTION-153 - Put the Craig's use cases on the wiki [on Paul Groth - due 2012-11-29].
16:34:02 <Luc> close action-152
16:34:02 <trackbot> ACTION-152 Trim to write a paragraph motivating needs for provenance closed
16:34:07 <dgarijo> Luc: closing 152
16:34:18 <Luc> Topic: Implementation Questionnaire and Test Cases
<Luc>Summary: Paul updated us on attempts to port the questionnaire to W3C WBS. So far, so good. The outstanding question is whether it supports, in some way, multiple submissions by an individual.  Dong updated the constraints testcase document, and seeded the repository with a few test cases. Interested parties should review this document: Jun, Paolo, James, Luc, Paul agreed to provide feedback on it. Khalid offered to copy the examples from the prov-dm document to the test case repository. Dong will copy the examples from the prov-o document.
16:34:47 <Dong> @Paul, sorry, I mistook the action with Tim's request for an implementation report landing page
16:34:50 <Zakim> -??P4
16:34:59 <dgarijo> pgroth: had a chat with stephan. First draft in ?Wbf?
16:35:02 <Luc> we lost you paul
16:35:15 <pgroth> sorry
16:35:20 <dgarijo> Luc: let's move to the next item until paul comes back
16:35:21 <Zakim> +??P4
16:35:30 <Luc> q?
16:36:03 <dgarijo> pgroth: stephan has done a first draft. We're having a discussion currently.
16:36:12 <ivan> q+
16:36:37 <dgarijo> pgroth: we are still figuring out things.
16:36:38 <Luc> q?
16:36:48 <Luc> ack iv
16:37:36 <pgroth> ok
16:37:38 <Luc> q?
16:37:47 <dgarijo> Ivan: as far as i know, wpf is not prepared for several entries from the same person. That being said, the call for transition had a reference to the questionaire to the google doc. We should not forget to move that as well
16:37:57 <dgarijo> pgroth: timetible?
16:38:05 <ivan> s/wpf/wbf/
16:38:18 <dgarijo> Ivan: by tuesday we should know whether we use wbf or not.
16:38:31 <dgarijo> pgroth: we need a bit more time to look at it.
16:38:55 <dgarijo> Ivan: we can remove the reference
16:39:17 <pgroth> sounds good
16:39:19 <dgarijo> Luc: I'm happy to leave that link. It shows the kind of info we aim to capture.
16:39:20 <Luc> q?
16:39:23 <dgarijo> Ivan : ok
16:39:46 <dgarijo> Luc: test cases. Dong?
16:39:58 <Dong> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/testcases/process.html
16:40:01 <dgarijo> dong: I received feedback and updated the process accordingly
16:40:24 <dgarijo> ... if you go to that page you'll see some examples and testcases from different sources
16:40:28 <Dong> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/default/testcases/constraints
16:40:44 <dgarijo> feedback welcome
16:41:17 <Paolo> Looking at it...
16:41:35 <pgroth> fine with me
16:41:38 <dgarijo> Luc: 4/5 people have strong interest in the constraints. Please look at those 2 documents. Jun, Paolo, James, Luc, Paul report before the next telecon.
16:41:40 <Dong> sounds good
16:41:41 <jun> ok for me
16:41:42 <jcheney> sure
16:41:45 <Paolo> Yes sure
16:41:54 <Luc> paul, paolo, jun, james, luc
16:42:17 <pgroth> @dong it looks like the examples don't match the naming convention
16:42:22 <dgarijo> Dong has started to add examples
16:42:41 <dgarijo> Luc: could more people help to populate the repository
16:42:41 <pgroth> q+ to respond
16:42:50 <Luc> q?
16:42:51 <dgarijo> ... we need help for this.
16:43:01 <dgarijo> pgroth: I thought we agreed not to do that
16:43:46 <dgarijo> ... we should get more examples to be used for constraints but not what we already have in the documents.
16:44:23 <dgarijo> Luc: I understood that we need those examples. What we can't do is specify which constraint is being exercise by those examples.
16:44:50 <dgarijo> pgroth: different naming scheme for the examples?
16:44:52 <pgroth> ok
16:44:58 <pgroth> ok
16:44:59 <dgarijo> Luc: let's solve it offline
16:45:00 <Luc> q?
16:45:03 <Luc> ack pg
16:45:03 <Zakim> pgroth, you wanted to respond
16:45:26 <dgarijo> Luc: it would be good to have people to do some examples
16:45:33 <Luc> q?
16:45:34 <dgarijo> ... who is willing to encode them?
16:45:51 <pgroth> q+
16:45:54 <Dong> @Paul, please note that the identifier scheme has been changed a bit
16:46:07 <dgarijo> ... extract the text from the document and putting in the file
16:46:20 <dgarijo> pgroth: we have a catalog example
16:46:24 <Dong> They are, but in a same file
16:46:50 <dgarijo> pgroth: can someone check?
16:46:54 <pgroth> ack pgroth
16:47:17 <jun> They are in individual files for each individual class and property
16:47:36 <jun> It's here; http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-24-prov-o-html-examples/rdf/create/rdf
16:47:42 <satya> I think they are in : http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-24-prov-o-html-examples/rdf/create/rdf
16:48:28 <dgarijo> Luc: will check and come back to you in case we have any problems
16:48:36 <dgarijo> ... can someone take care of DM?
16:48:36 <khalidBelhajjame> the DM means prov-n examples?
16:48:38 <Dong> @jun, are those different to the ones in http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/beb20fc47489/examples/eg-28-prov-o-embedded-in-prov-o-html
16:48:55 <dgarijo> @Dong: yes
16:49:10 <Dong> ok, will do
16:49:15 <dgarijo> @those are from other parts of the document
16:49:21 <jun> @Dong, not sure about your link. That's not used in our prov-o spec. But the link we just sent does
16:49:33 <Luc> topic: Update on Rec-track documents
<Luc>Summary:  Prov-dm/n/constraints are staged (so, is prov-o but it still needs Tim's final pass). Simon checked prov-dm, Dong will check prov-n, Satya is checking prov-o. Members are invited to make quick checks for find buglets, before final freeze on Monday.
16:49:39 <dgarijo> @Jun, yes they are included. In another part
16:50:02 <Dong> @dgarijo, @jun, Thanks
16:50:07 <dgarijo> Luc: we still have something to check in the status of the doc section, but documents are ready
16:50:14 <dgarijo> ... prov-o still in progress
16:50:35 <dgarijo> ... Will somebody spend 10 min checking that there are no bugs?
16:50:46 <dgarijo> ... no necessary to read the content
16:50:46 <Zakim> -??P4
16:50:57 <pgroth> i really really can't sorry
16:51:10 <dgarijo> I am quite overloaded, but I could try.
16:51:38 <smiles> I checked the DM text, I can also check some links and the references this weekend
16:51:41 <Zakim> +??P4
16:51:42 <dgarijo> I'll try to do a check tomorrow.
16:52:09 <dgarijo> smiles: I already sent an email with my review.
16:52:22 <dgarijo> ... I didnt' check all the links
16:52:26 <Dong> I can check PROV-N
16:52:32 <dgarijo> Luc: not all the links can work
16:52:36 <satya> I am checking prov-o
16:52:59 <Luc> q?
16:53:01 <Paolo> Paolo has joined #prov
16:53:04 <dgarijo> Luc: somebody for constraints?
16:53:06 <pgroth> pgroth has joined #prov
16:53:10 <Paolo> I sent some comments to James earlier?
16:53:23 <Paolo> Ok.
16:53:39 <dgarijo> Luc: will have a look on monday
16:53:44 <Luc> topic: Update on Note-track documents
<Luc>Summary: prov-primer is almost ready to go, and waiting for final approval from Robert and Stephan. Figures will be edited during the week.
16:54:06 <dgarijo> ... don't know about prov-xml. Prov primer?
16:54:16 <dgarijo> smiles: all of the corrections are done
16:54:25 <dgarijo> .. I haven't got a confirmation on the issues
16:54:32 <pgroth> can we do prov-overview next?
16:54:45 <dgarijo> ... Issue from Robert, Stefan, they have to confirm.
16:55:01 <dgarijo> ... issues with the color scheme
16:55:12 <Luc> topic: PROV-DC
<Luc>Summary: Simon and Craig have agreed to review prov-dc. We are asking reviewers to tell us before Thursday, whether the document is ready as FPWD.
16:55:14 <dgarijo> Luc: 5th of December is the deadline
16:55:17 <dgarijo> smiles: ok
16:55:21 <pgroth> q+
16:55:42 <dgarijo> pgroth: sent request to simon and craig. In a week
16:56:34 <smiles> OK, will check regarding it is ready for FPWD by Thursday
16:56:45 <pgroth> q_
16:56:47 <pgroth> q+
16:57:21 <dgarijo> pgroth: craig sent a bit of a review. Daniel will implement it
16:57:37 <pgroth> ack
16:57:39 <pgroth> ack pgroth
16:57:45 <dgarijo> pgroth: concerns with changes after the deadline
16:57:51 <dgarijo> Ivan, Luc: it's ok.
16:57:57 <Luc> topic: other notes
<Luc>Summary: The notes on mention and overview will be released during the week for fpwd vote on Thursday. Paolo agreed to comment on overview.
16:58:08 <dgarijo> Luc: overview, mention discussed
16:58:16 <dgarijo> ... we want to have a vote next week
16:58:23 <Paolo> Paolo has joined #prov
16:58:35 <pgroth> it's one page :-)
16:58:39 <pgroth> the overview
16:58:46 <dgarijo> ... who would be willing to go through the overview/mention document
16:58:47 <Paolo> Overview...
16:58:59 <dgarijo> I would like to have a look at the overview too.
16:59:02 <Paolo> By when again?
16:59:24 <dgarijo> Ivan: happy to look at the overview.
16:59:39 <Paolo> I will do it
16:59:55 <dgarijo> Ivan: votes for that should not be a problem
17:00:00 <pgroth> paolo it would be better if you could do mention
17:00:05 <dgarijo> ... this is just a draft
17:00:21 <Paolo> Ok Paul fine by me
17:00:23 <dgarijo> Luc: feedback for thursday
17:00:28 <pgroth> or can you do both?
17:00:38 <dgarijo> Luc: anybody for mention'
17:00:39 <dgarijo> ?
17:00:47 <Paolo> Yes If overview is slim I will
17:00:51 <pgroth> cool
17:00:54 <pgroth> overview is really 1 page
17:00:56 <Luc> q?
17:01:02 <dgarijo> Luc: will have to ask Curt
17:01:16 <Luc> topic:  Organization Ontology
<Luc>Summary: Jun will draft a response to the GLD Working Group. It will be circulated to the PROV-WG for feedback and sent to GLD WG by Nov 25 (their LC deadline).
17:01:26 <dgarijo> Luc: Organization Ontology. The prov wg was asked to review this ontology.
17:01:43 <dgarijo> ... I sent my feedback to Jun, who was happy to produce a response. Jun?
17:01:51 <Luc> end of review Nov 25
17:02:04 <dgarijo> Jun: I haven't seen the response yet.
17:02:11 <dgarijo> ... I'll have a look
17:02:32 <pgroth> 25 November
17:02:34 <dgarijo> ... Ah I see it now. I'll take a look and come back to you
17:03:01 <dgarijo> ... the review due by 25th of december. What is the process for us to respond?
17:03:35 <dgarijo> Ivan: the group should know what the response is
17:03:54 <pgroth> ask for approval by the 25?
17:03:56 <jun> ok. I can get it done by Friday
17:04:00 <pgroth> cool
17:04:00 <dgarijo> Luc: Jun, then you should draft the response so we can formally answer
17:04:16 <dgarijo> jun: ok, will have it tomorrow
17:04:24 <Luc> q?
17:04:26 <pgroth> wow!
17:04:39 <dgarijo> Luc: thanks all. See you
17:04:39 <pgroth> @luc I can't talk after this
17:04:41 <khalidBelhajjame> bye
17:04:42 <Paolo> Bye
17:04:43 <Zakim> -??P4
17:04:44 <SamCoppens> bye
17:04:44 <Zakim> -khalidBelhajjame
17:04:45 <ivan> zakim, drop me
17:04:46 <Zakim> -jcheney
17:04:46 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
17:04:46 <Luc> @pgroth ok
17:04:47 <Zakim> -Ivan
17:04:47 <Zakim> -Satya_Sahoo
17:04:47 <Dong> thanks, bye all
17:04:48 <Zakim> -??P2
17:04:48 <Zakim> -dgarijo
17:04:50 <Zakim> -smiles
17:04:51 <Zakim> - +44.238.059.aaaa
17:04:56 <SamCoppens> SamCoppens has left #prov
17:05:15 <Zakim> -pgroth
17:05:16 <Zakim> -SamCoppens
17:17:32 <Zakim> -jun
17:17:33 <Zakim> SW_(PROV)11:00AM has ended
17:17:33 <Zakim> Attendees were dgarijo, +44.238.059.aaaa, +44.131.467.aabb, jcheney, Ivan, jun, khalidBelhajjame, Satya_Sahoo, pgroth, smiles, SamCoppens
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000520