Call For Implementations
Thank you for your interest in the PROV candidate recommendations. To become a Final Recommendation, the PROV-WG needs to demonstrate that the PROV model has been implemented. Therefore, if you have used the PROV standards in your application, we really want to hear about your experience.
In particular, we would like to know what part of the standards you implemented and whether there are parts that do not work for you. Your feedback will help us to identify any implementation issues you may have and address them where possible. In addition, the information you provided will be compiled into the PROV Implementation Report, which will be the main decision factor for PROV to become W3C Recommendations.
How to report your implementation
To tell us about your application, please use the Implementation Questionnaire (with the exception of PROV-CONSTRAINTS validators, please see their own reporting process), which will help us to quickly collate relevant information into the report.
<Link to see the whole questionnaire before filling it?>
It is worth noting that you need not implement the entire specification before telling us about it, and we will include all implementations we receive in the Implementation Report (see a draft version). In addition, please beware that the report will be publicly available on the W3C's website and by providing us with information about your applications you agree for it to be published and referenced in the PROV Working Group’s documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where I can learn more about the PROV specifications? <Links to PROV-PRIMER, tutorials, and presentations>
- How can I suggest changes to the PROV specifications?
- Can I request to keep my information confidential?
- Will I need to provide proofs of compliance for my implementation?
- My implementation covers more than one implementation type
- My implementation uses constructs that are not included in the questionnaire
- How can I revise my report?
- How can I resubmit test results for PROV-CONSTRAINTS?
Spread the word
<Suggestions for promoting the PROV specifications, e.g. hash tag>
<How to cite a PROV specification>
How to contact us
If you have any questions that are not covered above, please write to the PROV Working group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes: Before emailing us about issues in the PROV documents (i.e. not implementation reporting related), it could be useful to refer to our responses to issues that have been previously reported