From Provenance WG Wiki
- Directory conventions
- See How to document a PROV example
- This example is version controlled at http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/
- author: Tim Lebo
Identify the problem
An evaluation performed during a given observation period needs to describe what it saw of a particular subject. In DataFAQs, both the evaluators and the datasets being evaluated need to be contextualized to within only this interval, but we want to associate those contextualizations across multiple observations.
The use of provenance
The PROV example
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-19-derived-named-graph-attribution/rdf contains the RDF examples.
- the local copy of the downloaded file is
prov:alternateOfthe file offered by the server.
prov:alternateOfalso relates the URLs between an HTTP redirect on the server side.
(the file above is loaded into a triple store into graph name http://datafaqs.tw.rpi.edu/datafaqs/epoch/2012-03-23/faqt/1/dataset/1)
- the dataset as it existed at evaluation time (2012-03-23) is a prov:specializationOf the dataset as it exists at any time.
- Performing another evaluation today would result in another prov:specializationOf the dataset at any time that would also be prov:alternateOf the first specialization (2012-03-23).