From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 16:25, 20 December 2012 by Bhyland
Agenda GLD-WG telecon 20 Dec 2012
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD" W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: email@example.com Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:email@example.com Contact GLD Chairs
W3C GLD Resources: # Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2012-12-06 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Any new GLD members on the call today? Please introduce yourself :)
- Check out our main wiki page with deliverables status, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page.
Main Agenda (~45 minutes)
- Registered Organization (RegOrg) to FPWD discussion (Agis/PhilA), see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/legal/index.html
- CANCELLED - Serafín Olcoz will be presenting on the Open Assets, an extension of DCAT w/ equivalences with RADion/ADMS/ADMS.Sw and even with DCAT for Assets restricted to Data.
- This project addresses some content and IPR management shortcomings in both RADion and DCAT.
- Please see slides: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49911950/Open%20Assets%20DCAT%20RADion%20ADMS.Sw.pdf).
- Today is our final GLD WG telecon for 2012. A sincere thanks to all members who have attended and contributed to the discussion and deliverables during the last year.
- We need to pick up the pace in the final 5 mos of the working group. Please come to meetings prepared, having read the documents that we're putting through the W3C process for CR and Notes.
- 2013 F2F Doodle Poll suggests Thur-Friday 11-12 April 2012 in Dublin for the next & final F2F. Please plan for those dates in Dublin and Bernadette confirm details with the conference organizers.
- The GLD WG F2F will be coincident with the European Data Forum will be held Tues-Wednesday April 9-10, 2013. The EDF series is a joint activity of the EC FP7 projects BIG, LOD2, and PlanetData and is supported by the European Commission. See http://2013.data-forum.eu/
Announcements & Resources
- Congratulations! Two W3C members have participated in writing a book titled "Linked Data" by David Wood (co-chair W3C RDF Working Group, member LDP WG), Marsha Zaidman, Luke Ruth and Michael Hausenblas (W3C Advisory Group, member GLD WG & others), see http://www.manning.com/dwood/
- The book will teach Web developers how to create, manage and publish Linked Data.
- The first third of the book is now available via the Manning Early Access Program from Manning Publications.
- Chair: Bernadette
- Alternate: TBD
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#gld) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/YYYY/MM/DD-gld-minutes.html
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- RegOrg, using non-W3C vocabs, next F2F 11-12 April 2012 Dublin