From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 16:07, 29 November 2012 by Bhyland
- 1 Agenda GLD-WG telecon 29 November 2012
Agenda GLD-WG telecon 29 November 2012
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD" W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
W3C GLD Resources: # Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2012-11-08 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Any new GLD members on the call today? Please introduce yourself :)
Main Agenda (~35 minutes)
- Registered Organization (RegOrg) to FPWD discussion (Agis), see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/legal/index.html
- Overview of W3C LC to CR Procedure, see http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-advance (Sandro)
Prep for next week
We need to pick up the pace in the final 6 mos of the working group. Please come to meetings prepared, having read the documents that we're putting through the W3C process for CR and Notes.
- Next week Makx Deckers and Phil Archer will be reviewing status of the ADMS Vocab, see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/adms/index.html. The working group has agreed to review it and determine suitability for LC status in early 2013.
Announcements & Resources
- Any announcements or great presentations / papers from ISWC2012, Boston?
- GLD WG Google Hangout Date is Thursday, 6-Dec 2012, organized by Michael Hausenblas.
- Please fill out the Doodle poll re: interest & availability to travel Dublin for the next & final GLD WG F2F. http://doodle.com/3w7wnzy45ehn7iqi?
- The European Data Forum will be held Tues-Wednesday April 9-10, 2013. The EDF series is a joint activity of the EC FP7 projects BIG, LOD2, and PlanetData and is supported by the European Commission. See http://2013.data-forum.eu/
- W3C Technical Plenary and Advisory Committee Conference, 29-Oct to 1-Nov, 2012, Lyon France
- Blog post by W3C Team, http://storify.com/w3cteam/tpac2012-see-sketch-and-fun
- Blog post by Bernadette, an executive summary of TPAC 2012, see http://3roundstones.com/2012/11/08/tpac-2012-liberte-and-the-open-web-platform/
- Blog post by Bernadette, a detailed day-by-day with photos review of TPAC 2012, see http://3roundstones.com/2012/11/08/tpac-2012-4-days-of-open-web-standards-nouvelle-cuisine/
- Open Data et Linked Open Data, by Bert Bos at W3C Day 2012 
- Liaison to Schema.org initiative - see 
- UK Government Linked Data Working Group (@UKGovLD). Nov 5, 2012 event to plan UKGovLD ahead of major efforts next year to drive the Linked Data agenda forward in 2013. Details on UKGovLD
- Presentation on ADMS in the Consuming Linked Data (COLD) Workshop in the ISWC2012 
- DERI won the Semantic Web Challenge with EventMedia Live. See the demo of our tool here: http://eventmedia.eurecom.fr/demo.html
- Chair: Bernadette
- Alternate: TBD
- Regrets: George Thomas, Phil Archer, Boris Villazon-Terrazas (meeting conflict)
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2012/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- RegOrg, W3C Process for moving to CR, planning for next F2F in Dublin