From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 15:53, 8 March 2012 by Bhyland
- 1 Agenda GLD-WG telecon 8 March 2012
Agenda GLD-WG telecon 8 March 2012
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)
- Proposal to accept the minutes from the 23-Feb-2012 meeting
- Discuss any important and timely matters
- Next two meetings (15, 22 March 2012) will be one hour earlier for EUROPEANS due to US DST
Main Agenda: FPWD WIP's (~50 minutes):
- Update on the ADMS specification and leveraging the work of the European Commission Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT) and SEMIC II Project for efficient, cross-border, cross-sector electronic collaboration.
- EU supported Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS), see also 
- Review Deliverables and related issues, see https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/ and see Tracker Actions, Issues
- Last meeting (22-Feb-2012) we voted to publish ORG. Chairs to make request of W3C Staff contact 8-Mar-2012.
- Product: Data Cube status, also see Editor's Draft . We would like to vote today to publish Data Cube vocab.
- RE: DCAT and People - discussion was postponed to today's meeting (8-Mar) when Fadi is back and PhilA comes up for air.
- BP doc still needs work ...
- Short names - Per Sandro, "One aspect of publication by W3C is the assignment of a permanent URL to the document and its future versions. For example:
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris http://www.w3.org/TR/gov-data http://www.w3.org/TR/void http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub
The selection of that last part, the "shortname", is technically up to the W3C staff/management, but ideally it's something the WG is happy with, too. This week the gld list came up with the following list of short names:
vocab-people vocab-org for the Organizational Vocabulary vocab-data-cube for the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary and gld-bp for the Government Linked Data Best Practices document.
- Product: Community Directory status. We have 66 organizations worldwide listed, see stats for organizations. The W3C Community Directory application.
- Consider GLD WG F2F3 to coincide with [http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ TPAC in Lyon, France 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012.
- A talk on the progress of publishing Gov't LOD worldwide for SemTech SF (Bernadette, June 2012).
- Other announcements?
Next Meeting preparation (5 minutes)
- Chair: Bernadette
- Scribe: George
- Regrets: Bart van Leeuwen, Phil Archer
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG)
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2012/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"