Meetings:Telecon20120308

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 15:53, 8 March 2012 by Bhyland (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda GLD-WG telecon 8 March 2012

  Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 
  15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris).
  Teleconferences  (official participants and invited guests only):
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:zakim@voip.w3.org then conference code 45394#  ("GLDWG")
  IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665
  An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
  Main Page for GLD Working Group
  W3C Telecon Resources:
  Zakim instructions:  http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
  RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
  Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe
  Publishing Minutes instructions: 
  http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
  
  W3C GLD Mailing Lists:
  Public GLD mailing list: public-gld-wg@w3.org
  Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg
  Members only mailing list: mailto:member-gld-wg@w3.org
  GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:team-gld-chairs@w3.org Contact GLD Chairs


Agenda

Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)

    • Proposal to accept the minutes from the 23-Feb-2012 meeting
    • Discuss any important and timely matters
      • Next two meetings (15, 22 March 2012) will be one hour earlier for EUROPEANS due to US DST

Main Agenda: FPWD WIP's (~50 minutes):

  1. Update on the ADMS specification and leveraging the work of the European Commission Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT) and SEMIC II Project for efficient, cross-border, cross-sector electronic collaboration.
    1. EU supported Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS), see also [1]
  2. Review Deliverables and related issues, see https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/ and see Tracker Actions, Issues
  3. Last meeting (22-Feb-2012) we voted to publish ORG. Chairs to make request of W3C Staff contact 8-Mar-2012.
    1. Product: Organization Ontology status, also see Organization Ontology Editor's Draft.
  4. Product: Data Cube status, also see Editor's Draft [2]. We would like to vote today to publish Data Cube vocab.
  5. RE: DCAT and People - discussion was postponed to today's meeting (8-Mar) when Fadi is back and PhilA comes up for air.
    1. Product: DCAT status, see editor's draft: [3]
    2. Product: People status, see also People wiki page. See editors draft [4]
  6. BP doc still needs work ...
    1. Product: Best Practices status, also see Best Practices Editor's Draft
  7. Short names - Per Sandro, "One aspect of publication by W3C is the assignment of a permanent URL to the document and its future versions. For example:
      http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax
      http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris
      http://www.w3.org/TR/gov-data
      http://www.w3.org/TR/void
      http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub

The selection of that last part, the "shortname", is technically up to the W3C staff/management, but ideally it's something the WG is happy with, too. This week the gld list came up with the following list of short names:

  vocab-people
  vocab-org for the Organizational Vocabulary
  vocab-data-cube for the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary
  and gld-bp for the Government Linked Data Best Practices document.
  1. Product: Community Directory status. We have 66 organizations worldwide listed, see stats for organizations. The W3C Community Directory application.

Announcements

  1. Consider GLD WG F2F3 to coincide with [http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ TPAC in Lyon, France 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012.
  2. A talk on the progress of publishing Gov't LOD worldwide for SemTech SF (Bernadette, June 2012).
  3. Other announcements?

Next Meeting preparation (5 minutes)

  1. Adjourn

Admin

  • Chair: Bernadette
  • Scribe: George
  • Alternate:
  • Regrets: Bart van Leeuwen, Phil Archer

Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist

  1. Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
    • Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
    • If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG)
    • From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
    • Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
    • RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
    • trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
    • Enter the following information:
    • Meeting: <name>
    • Chair: <Person's name>
    • Agenda: <URL>
    • Scribe: <Person's name>
    • ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
    • Agenda: <link to the agenda>

Chair's Checklist

  1. Chair's Checklist:
    • Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
    • Who's present?
    • Who has sent regrets?
    • Review meeting agenda
    • Announcements
    • Call for next week's agenda items
    • Adjourn


Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist

  1. Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:

Annotations

Facts about "Meetings:Telecon20120308"RDF feed
Minuteshttp://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-08 +
SubjectFPWD's +
Typetelecon +
DateThis property is a special property in this wiki.8 March 2012 +