Meetings:Telecon20120209

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda GLD-WG telecon 09 February 2012

  Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 
  15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris).
  Teleconferences  (official participants and invited guests only):
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:zakim@voip.w3.org then conference code 45394#  ("GLDWG")
  IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665
  An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
  Main Page for GLD Working Group
  W3C Telecon Resources:
  Zakim instructions:  http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
  RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
  Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe
  Publishing Minutes instructions: 
  http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
  
  W3C GLD Mailing Lists:
  Public GLD mailing list: public-gld-wg@w3.org
  Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg
  Members only mailing list: mailto:member-gld-wg@w3.org
  GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:team-gld-chairs@w3.org Contact GLD Chairs


Agenda

Overall objective of this meeting is to maintain the momentum towards our F2F2 resolution: “The GLD WG agreed to publish the first batch of First Public Working Drafts (FPWD) by end of Feb 2012 with 9 Feb ready for WG review and final decision to be taken on 23 Feb” – (see F2F2 day 2 minutes) with an emphasis on recommended vocabularies.

Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)

    • Proposal to accept the minutes from the 02-Feb-2012 meeting
    • Review Tracker Actions, Issues (we'll defer most of this to the main agenda discussion of FPWD deliverables).
    • Discuss any important and timely opportunities to liaise with other W3 groups

Main Agenda: FPWD WIP's (~50 minutes):

  1. Blog post on GLD WG
    1. For inspiration see PROV WG's February 2012 post
  2. Best Practices update, [1]
    1. Procurement (MikeP, George, others?)
    2. Vocabulary Selection (Ghislain, Boris)
    3. URI Construction (Daniel, Boris)
    4. Versioning - Point of contact??
    5. Stability - (Anne, Ron)
    6. Pragmatic Provenance - (John E) Bern/Sandro to report on PROV WG, Paul Groth's request
  3. People update, see People wiki page (with links to ED and Product tracker). Update on People discussion.
  4. DCAT Product status update, see product tracker.
  5. (time permitting) Data Cube and Org Product status review/discussion, see (empty) QB and Org product trackers. (If we don’t have time for this, then the intention would be to focus on these during the 2/9 telecon.)
  6. Schedule & milestones review, Charter schedule

Announcements

  1. Consider GLD WG F2F3 to coincide with [http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ TPAC in Lyon, France 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012.
  2. June 2012 we have an approved talk at SemTech West titled: "Progress Report on Publication of Government Linked Data Worldwide" by Bernadette.
  3. Other announcements?


Next Meeting preparation (5 minutes)

  1. Adjourn

Admin

  • Chair: Bernadette
  • Scribe: TBD
  • Alternate: TBD
  • Regrets:

Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist

  1. Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
    • Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
    • If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG)
    • From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
    • Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
    • RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
    • trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
    • Enter the following information:
    • Meeting: <name>
    • Chair: <Person's name>
    • Agenda: <URL>
    • Scribe: <Person's name>
    • ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
    • Agenda: <link to the agenda>

Chair's Checklist

  1. Chair's Checklist:
    • Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
    • Who's present?
    • Who has sent regrets?
    • Review meeting agenda
    • Announcements
    • Call for next week's agenda items
    • Adjourn


Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist

  1. Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:

Annotations

Facts about "Meetings:Telecon20120209"RDF feed
Minuteshttp://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-09 +
SubjectFPWD, Vocabularies & Best Practice Status +
Typetelecon +
DateThis property is a special property in this wiki.9 February 2012 +