Agenda GLD-WG telecon 22 September 2011
Thursdays 14:00-15:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris) Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group W3C Mailing Lists: GLD WG public mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/ GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
- Chair: Bernadette Hyland
- Scribe: Boris Villazón-Terrazas (as per GLD Mtg Scribes).
- Alternate: TBD
This is our nineth telecon.
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG)
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Review Preliminary items (~10 minutes):
- Who's present?
- Agenda review
- Call for next week's agenda items
The agenda for this meeting will be:
We are nearly 3 months into the working group. We would benefit from a bit more attention from the task forces as we head into the next quarter. The F2F is a good opportunity to review the recommendations and Deliverables.
- Recap of last week (~5 minutes)
- Last week we had two good talks, one by John Goodwin from UK Ordnance Survey
- The other talk by Bernard Vatant from Mondeca on Linked Open Vocab (LOV) project
- Proposal to accept the minutes from the 9-15 meeting
- Review Tracker Actions, Issues
- Deliverables discussion (~40 minutes)
- Requesting input for "Progress of GLD WG" for Keynote at the Open Government Data Camp (Bernadette Hyland) (~5-10 minutes)
- Call for agenda items for next meeting & announcements (~5-10 minutes)
- We need to update our Scribes page. Please confirm you will be in attendance.
- W3C GLD WG Second F2F, @ DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
- ISWC 2011 - 10th International Semantic Web Conference, October 23-27, 2011 - Bonn Germany: EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 10
- Open Government Data Camp 2011 - see http://ogdcamp.org/cfp/
- Implementation of European Commission Open Data portal - SMART 2011/0050: see http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/itemlongdetail.cfm?item_id=7192
- (19/07/2011) The purpose of this tender is the purchase of services: to develop and administer a web portal to act as single point of access to data sets produced and held by European Commission services (and by extension to data sets produced and held by other European Institutions/bodies and other public bodies); to assist the Commission with the definition and implementation of a data set publication process; to assist the Commission with the preparation of data sets for publication via the portal; to assist the Commission in supporting for engaging the stakeholders' community interested in re-using the published data sets.
- SemTech in London, 26-27 Sept 2011
- SemTech in Washington DC, 29 Nov to 1 Dec 2011
- SemTech in Berlin, Germany 6-7 Feb 2012
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, make minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- See http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- Weekly telecon
- Open Government Data, Deliverables Status