Meetings:Telecon2011.07.21

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 11:40, 22 August 2011 by Bkaempge (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda GLD-WG telecon 21 July 2011

  Thursdays 14:00-15:30 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 
  15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris)
  Teleconferences  (official participants and invited guests only):
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:zakim@voip.w3.org then conference code 45394#  ("GLDWG")
  IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665
  An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
  First F2F (June 29-30, 2011) wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1
  Zakim instructions:  http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
  RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
  Scribe info
  GLD WG public mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/

Admin

  • Chair: George Thomas
  • Scribe: Dean Allamang
  • Alternate:

Minutes & Actions

Proposed to accept the minutes from the previous meeting:

  This is our second telecon.

Action item review:

  http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/pendingreview
  http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/open

Agenda

The agenda for this second meeting will be:

  • Announcements / WG meeting schedule including poll for next F2F
  • Review of initial tasks. We need task forces for the obligatory pieces of work:
    • Community Directory
    • Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data
    • Standard Vocabularies

The first task will be to collect options (existing proposals), use cases and procedures for the above Deliverables.

Community Directory

See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary

Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data

http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary

Standard Vocabularies

http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary


Action Items (parking lot)

The following action items mean that the indicated person agreed to initially update the w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ page for each of Deliverables. For each item, please define the attributes to be collected.

  • WG production schedule (review of major dates and deliverables in the Charter)

Discussed: Think about what issues their are. Think where we need to drive to consensus (that is what is going to take the Working Group's time).

  • Action Item: Support of 2.1.1 - 2.1.4 - Community Directory - Deployments, Vendors, Contractors, Applications - Volunteer: William Bradford
  • Action Item: Support for 2.1.5 - Community Directory - Research groups, researchers, sources of funding. Volunteer: Yigal Arens
  • Action Item: Support for 2.1.6 Community Directory - Outreach & advocacy - List of policy leaders per country so we know who to engage throughout the world. The second list is a list of organizations in civil society who we think are important to engage with. Volunteer: Rick Murphy
  • Action Item: support 2.1.7 Community Directory - Training
  • Action Item: support 2.2.1 Best Practices for Publishing LD - Procurement. Volunteer: Katherine (L3)
  • Action Item: support 2.2.2 - Vocabulary selection
  • Action Item: support 2.2.3 - URI Construction - Lift heavily from John Sheridan's data.gov.uk,
  • Action Item: support 2.2.4 - Versioning - related to data "cube". TO DO: Ask JimH (RPI A/C rep)
  • Action Item: support 2.2.5 - Stability - volunteer: Anne Washington
  • Action Item: support 2.2.6 - Legacy data - volunteer: Irene Polikoff
  • Action Item: support: 2.2.7 - Cookbook - volunteer: Bernadette. Agreed to provide extended table of contents & abstract
  • Action Item: support 2.3.1 Standard Vocabularies - Metadata.
  • Action Item: support 2.3.2 - Statistical "cube" data.
  • Action Item: support 2.3.3 - Standard Vocabularies - People. Volunteer: Chris Musialek (GSA), Cory. Tina prepared to review.
  • Action Item: support 2.3.5 - Standard Vocabularies - (optional) Geography, Spatial Information - Chris Musialek (GSA), Dave G. Smith (EPA), Todd Pehle (Orbis).

Annotations

Facts about "Meetings:Telecon2011.07.21"RDF feed
Minuteshttp://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-07-21 +
SubjectNo specific +
TypeWeekly telecon +
DateThis property is a special property in this wiki.21 July 2011 +