From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 15:30, 20 July 2011 by Dsmith9 (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda GLD-WG telecon 21 July 2011

  Thursdays 14:00-15:30 UTC (10:00-11:30 Boston, 7:00-8:30 San Francisco, 
  15:00-16:30 London, 16:00-17:30 Paris)
  Teleconferences  (official participants and invited guests only):
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or then conference code 45394#  ("GLDWG")
  IRC channel: #gld on on port 6665
  An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
  First F2F (June 29-30, 2011) wiki page:
  Zakim instructions:
  RRSAgent instructions:
  Scribe info
  GLD WG public mailing list:


  • Chair: Bernadette Hyland
  • Scribe: George Thomas
  • Alternate: TBD

Minutes & Actions

Proposed to accept the minutes from the previous meeting:

  This is our second telecon.

Action item review:


The agenda for this second meeting will be:

  • Announcements / WG meeting schedule including poll for next F2F
  • Review of initial tasks. We need task forces for the obligatory pieces of work:
    • Community Directory
    • Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data
    • Standard Vocabularies

The first task will be to collect options (existing proposals), use cases and procedures for the above Deliverables.

Community Directory


Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data

Standard Vocabularies

Action Items (parking lot)

The following action items mean that the indicated person agreed to initially update the page for each of Deliverables. For each item, please define the attributes to be collected.

  • WG production schedule (review of major dates and deliverables in the Charter)

Discussed: Think about what issues their are. Think where we need to drive to consensus (that is what is going to take the Working Group's time).

  • Action Item: Support of 2.1.1 - 2.1.4 - Community Directory - Deployments, Vendors, Contractors, Applications - Volunteer: William Bradford
  • Action Item: Support for 2.1.5 - Community Directory - Research groups, researchers, sources of funding. Volunteer: Yigal Arens
  • Action Item: Support for 2.1.6 Community Directory - Outreach & advocacy - List of policy leaders per country so we know who to engage throughout the world. The second list is a list of organizations in civil society who we think are important to engage with. Volunteer: Rick Murphy
  • Action Item: support 2.1.7 Community Directory - Training
  • Action Item: support 2.2.1 Best Practices for Publishing LD - Procurement. Volunteer: Katherine (L3)
  • Action Item: support 2.2.2 - Vocabulary selection
  • Action Item: support 2.2.3 - URI Construction - Lift heavily from John Sheridan's,
  • Action Item: support 2.2.4 - Versioning - related to data "cube". TO DO: Ask JimH (RPI A/C rep) if interested? volunteer: Cory agreed to work on expanding wiki if no one else volunteers.
  • Action Item: support 2.2.5 - Stability - volunteer: Anne Washington
  • Action Item: support 2.2.6 - Legacy data - volunteer: Irene Polikoff
  • Action Item: support: 2.2.7 - Cookbook - volunteer: Bernadette. Agreed to provide extended table of contents & abstract
  • Action Item: support 2.3.1 Standard Vocabularies - Metadata.
  • Action Item: support 2.3.2 - Statistical "cube" data.
  • Action Item: support 2.3.3 - Standard Vocabularies - People. Volunteer: Chris Musialek (GSA), Cory. Tina prepared to review.
  • Action Item: support 2.3.5 - Standard Vocabularies - (optional) Geography, Spatial Information - Chris Musialek (GSA), Dave G. Smith (EPA), Todd Pehle (Orbis).
Facts about "Meetings:Telecon2011.07.21"RDF feed
Minutes +
SubjectNo specific +
TypeWeekly telecon +
DateThis property is a special property in this wiki.21 July 2011 +