Difference between revisions of "F2F3"
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
== Agenda ==
== Agenda ==
=== Thursday, 11-Feb ===
=== Thursday, 11-Feb ===
Revision as of 04:41, 6 February 2013
W3C Government Linked Data Working Group, Third F2F, April 11-12, 2013
Location: Dublin Ireland
Minutes: To be added here
- 1 When
- 2 What
- 3 Where
- 4 Details
- 5 DRAFT Agenda
- 6 Participants
Thursday & Friday 11-12 April 2013: GLD-WG F2F3
We've organized the F2F3 to occur just after the European Data Forum.
Other EDF info may be found here:
The third F2F of the W3C Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group. The meeting is open to the official participants and invited guests, only.
For information of the previous F2F meeting in January 2012, see F2F2.
A poll was taken in October 2012 results here.
European Location – Dublin, Ireland
Venue: Croke Park Conference Centre in Dublin, Ireland.
Hotel Accommodation, see recommended hotels and negotiated rates.
Meals: For lunch, there is a café/restaurant in Croke Park where we can purchase sandwiches or one or two hot options. We can arrange for soup/sandwiches to be brought to our meeting space for €16.50 p.p.
Point of Contact: Deirdre Lee, DERI
Traveling to Dublin Airport
You’ll be spoiled for choice here in Ireland! Check out the Discover Ireland website for all that’s available. Regarding history and art, with Ireland's rich heritage, there are lots of museums and historical sites, like old monasteries and castles. Check with Deirdre for further ideas!
Connecting & Socializing
Possible monument walk and dinner plans. See Walk & Dinner signup
- Wireless Internet required for both sites
- Conference telephone, digital projector, projection screen
- Ability to use Skype for video & audio (back up to conference audio bridge)
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 4531 ("GLD1") Note: that is GLD number "1".
IRC: We strongly recommend being on IRC: irc.w3.org, port 6665, channel #gld. You can use our web interface: http://irc.w3.org, or your own IRC client.
- Start time 9.00 Dublin time
- End time 16.00 Dublin time
Draft Please add and re-arrange as you see fit.
|9.00 AM||Introductions and objectives for the participants. Agenda review.|
|10.00 AM||DataCube Vocabulary discussion
|11.00 AM||Vocabulary Selection discussion.
|13:30||URI Construction discussion|
|14.30||Best Practices for Publishing Government Linked Data|
|15.30||Specifying an appropriate license
|16.30||Security and Hosting
|17.00||Closing comments. Finalize agenda changes for Friday.|
|17.15||Adjourn. Informal discussion, Dinner (not sponsored)|
|9:00||Convene. Agenda review|
|9:15 AM||Discussion on Standard Vocabularies for use by government
|3:00 PM||Adjourn. Informal discussion. Possible dinner (not sponsored).|
Who may attend: Per W3C process, this meeting is open to official participants of the GLD Working Group and other individuals specifically invited as guests of the chairs. If you expect to join the group and have not received an invitation, please contact the chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links are to self-introductions on this wiki. Links in Red mean no self-introduction has been made yet; in this case, please create a brief page about yourself by clicking on your name, filling in some text, and clicking "save page". Everyone with a W3C User Account can edit pages on this wiki.
Expected in person – Dublin, Ireland
- Bernadette Hyland, 3 Round Stones, Inc. (confirmed)
- Hadley Beeman, LinkedGov
- Richard Cyganiak, DERI (confirmed)
- Deirdre Lee, DERI (confirmed)
- Phil Archer, W3C (confirmed)
- Boris Villazón-Terrazas, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Ghislain Atemezing, EURECOM
- Martin Alvarez, Fundacion CTIC
- Agis Papantoniou
- Martin Kaltenböck
- Boris Villazon-Terrazas
- Bart van Leeuwen, netage.nl
- João Paulo Almeida, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Gofran Shukair
- Michael Pendlet
On the fence
- Fadi Maali, DERI
- Tina Gheen, US Library of Congress
- Michael Pendleton, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Dave Reynolds, Epimorphics
- Benedikt Kaempgen, Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI)
- Daniel Mekonnen, Algebraix Data Corporation
- Biplav Srivastava, IBM Research
- John Erickson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Christophe Gueret, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam