Difference between revisions of "Chatlog 2013-03-21"

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 90: Line 90:
 
14:10:44 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
 
14:10:44 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
 
14:10:46 <james> sandro: "good standing" has been considered too heavy handed in the past
 
14:10:46 <james> sandro: "good standing" has been considered too heavy handed in the past
14:11:47 <bhyland> Propose: Anyone who has done specific work (i.e., review, feedback) + attendees in the WG who have attended at least 3 meetings in last quarter
+
14:11:47 <bhyland> Proposed: Anyone who has done specific work (i.e., review, feedback) + attendees in the WG who have attended at least 3 meetings in last quarter
 
14:11:54 <Zakim> + +352.6.2.1.1.9.aabb
 
14:11:54 <Zakim> + +352.6.2.1.1.9.aabb
 
14:12:09 <HadleyBeeman> +1
 
14:12:09 <HadleyBeeman> +1

Latest revision as of 14:05, 1 April 2013

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> guest: Dan (danbri) Brickley
13:53:45 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:53:45 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/21-gld-irc
13:53:50 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:53:50 <trackbot> Date: 21 March 2013
13:54:52 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
13:54:59 <Zakim> +??P4
13:55:05 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??P4 is me
13:55:05 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
13:56:05 <BartvanLeeuwen> hi HadleyBeeman
13:56:59 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman
13:58:52 <HadleyBeeman> Agenda:  http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321
13:59:15 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
13:59:26 <PhilA> PhilA has joined #gld
13:59:37 <MariosMeimaris> MariosMeimaris has joined #gld
13:59:52 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who is on the call
13:59:52 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the call', HadleyBeeman
13:59:57 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here?
13:59:57 <Zakim> On the phone I see BartvanLeeuwen, HadleyBeeman
13:59:58 <Zakim> On IRC I see MariosMeimaris, PhilA, gatemezi, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, bhyland, TallTed, cygri, danbri, sandro, trackbot
14:00:08 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: Gov't Linked Data WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321
14:00:15 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:00:22 <PhilA> zakim, IPcaller is me
14:00:22 <Zakim> +PhilA; got it
14:00:43 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
14:01:10 <james> james has joined #gld
14:01:16 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:01:22 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
14:01:26 <MariosMeimaris> zakim, IPcaller is me
14:01:26 <Zakim> +MariosMeimaris; got it
14:01:41 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:02:24 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
#14:02:31 <gld> gld has joined #gld
14:02:40 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
14:02:46 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here?
14:02:46 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, PhilA, TallTed (muted), MariosMeimaris, james, DaveReynolds
14:02:48 <Zakim> On IRC I see gld, DaveReynolds, james, MariosMeimaris, PhilA, gatemezi, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, bhyland, TallTed, cygri, danbri, sandro, trackbot
14:03:06 <Zakim> +??P4
14:03:13 <sandro> one sec
14:03:13 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p4 is me
14:03:13 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:03:34 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:03:45 <martinA> martinA has joined #gld
14:04:18 <HadleyBeeman> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321
14:04:20 <MariosMeimaris> I've never done it in the past :(
14:04:28 <Zakim> +??P15
14:04:31 <PhilA> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321
14:04:34 <PhilA> Chair: HadleyBeeman
14:04:39 <PhilA> scribe: james
14:04:40 <MariosMeimaris> Ok thanks!
14:04:42 <martinA> zakim, ??P15 is me
14:04:42 <Zakim> +martinA; got it
14:04:46 <PhilA> scribeNick: james
14:05:09 <PhilA> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-03-14
14:05:09 <Zakim> + +35386100aaaa
14:05:16 <HadleyBeeman> Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-03-14
#14:05:23 <gld> Zakim, aaaa is me
#14:05:23 <Zakim> +gld; got it
14:05:26 <james> TOPIC: Acceptance of minutes
#14:05:27 <gld> Zakim,mute me
#14:05:27 <Zakim> gld should now be muted
14:05:44 <martinA> +1
14:05:44 <Zakim> +mike_pendleton
14:05:50 <MariosMeimaris> +1
14:05:58 <Zakim> +davidwood
14:05:59 <gatemezi> +1
14:06:12 <james> RESOLUTION: Minutes accepted
14:06:15 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
14:06:15 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
#14:06:28 <sandro> gld?
14:06:42 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
14:06:59 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
#14:07:04 <sandro> zakim, unmute gld
#14:07:04 <Zakim> gld should no longer be muted
#14:07:41 <sandro> gld hello?>
#14:07:50 <sandro> zakim, drop gld
#14:07:50 <Zakim> gld is being disconnected
#14:07:51 <Zakim> -gld
14:08:24 <james> TOPIC: How to acknowledge active participants in published documents
14:08:32 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663
14:08:56 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
14:09:29 <james> sandro: may be unfair to give inactive members equal recognition as active members
14:10:04 <james> … option is to have a section that recognizes active members according to some metric, e.g. activity within past two months
14:10:11 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld
14:10:12 <bhyland> q?
14:10:28 <james> PhilA: do we not use "good standing" anymore?
14:10:43 <bhyland> +agenda, cleaning up the participants list
14:10:44 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
14:10:46 <james> sandro: "good standing" has been considered too heavy handed in the past
14:11:47 <bhyland> Proposed: Anyone who has done specific work (i.e., review, feedback) + attendees in the WG who have attended at least 3 meetings in last quarter
14:11:54 <Zakim> + +352.6.2.1.1.9.aabb
14:12:09 <HadleyBeeman> +1
14:12:27 <MakxDekkers> zakim, aabb is me
14:12:27 <Zakim> sorry, MakxDekkers, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
14:12:33 <sandro> +1
14:12:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
14:12:38 <gatemezi> +1
14:12:42 <PhilA> +1
14:12:43 <TallTed> +1
14:12:43 <martinA> +1
14:12:44 <DaveReynolds> +1
14:12:45 <bhyland> +1
14:12:50 <MariosMeimaris> +1
14:12:57 <james> RESOLVED: Anyone who has done specific work (i.e., review, feedback) + attendees in the WG who have attended at least 3 meetings in last quarter
14:13:30 <sandro> action: sandro determine who meets the current "active participants" bar, for including in publications
14:13:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-105 - Determine who meets the current "active participants" bar, for including in publications [on Sandro Hawke - due 2013-03-28].
14:14:18 <james> bhyland: a few members have asked to be withdrawn, GLD should do some clean up to remove those members
14:14:56 <james> sandro: there is a software bug in that some members who have left still show up on a list of members
14:15:24 <james> Topic: Seek consensus to transition ADMS to working group note
14:15:28 <PhilA> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Adms
14:15:43 <Zakim> -Sandro
14:16:06 <Mike_Pendleton> muted
14:16:24 <james> PhilA: a lot has changed since the last publication of ADMS, in particular with respect to DCAT
14:17:19 <PhilA> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/
14:17:50 <james> PhilA: ADMS is, to my knowledge, only used in one place: the above EU platform
14:18:02 <PhilA> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/catalogue/all?keys=css&field_language_textfield_lang_value=&sort_option=date-desc&current_checkbox=1
14:18:15 <MakxDekkers> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/catalogue/repository/all
14:19:03 <gatemezi> I think also in Neologism? http://neologism.deri.ie/
14:19:27 <james> PhilA: ADMS was written according to old convention of having a conceptual model and an RDF model
14:19:30 <gatemezi> Correct me if I am wrong, deri folks :-
14:19:48 <james> PhilA: a new ADMS diagram for discussion is at http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Adms, which simplifies the old diagram
14:20:01 <MakxDekkers> There are EU member states that also use it. Need to find references.
14:20:12 <james> PhilA: it uses much more of DCAT (is almost the same), and no longer uses Radion
14:20:53 <james> PhilA: the proposed new ADMS version can be understood as a profile of DCAT, similar to how RegOrg is a profile of ORG
14:21:30 <MakxDekkers> +q
14:21:49 <HadleyBeeman> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/adms/index.html
14:22:07 <james> PhilA: looking for feedback and discussion around the proposed new version
14:22:27 <james> HadleyBeeman: is the editor's draft updated as well?
14:22:34 <james> PhilA: not yet
14:23:20 <PhilA> ack MakxDekkers
14:24:00 <james> MakxDekkers: there seem to be certain things described by ADMS which are not datasets, e.g. a specification document
14:24:20 <HadleyBeeman> Ah, PhilA:  I see the confusion. ADMS was scheduled for publication on 26 Mar, which is next week, which implies a consensus today.  But I'm sorry we didn't make that clear.  We'll go for consensus next then, as just discussed.
14:24:35 <PhilA> DCAT def of a datatset is - This class represents the actual dataset as published by the dataset publisher. In cases where a distinction between the actual dataset and its entry in the catalog is necessary (because metadata such as modification date and maintainer might differ), the catalog record class can be used for the latter.
14:24:56 <PhilA> A collection of data, published or curated by a single source, and available for access or download in one or more formats.
14:25:42 <Zakim> +gatemezi
14:26:37 <james> PhilA: question is, does a spec document count as a dataset, according to the broad definition given by DCAT?
14:29:29 <james> PhilA: people have argued the question both ways, which somewhat opens the door to using DCAT in ADMS
14:29:30 <james> PhilA: if ADMS is a profile of DCAT, it gets a lot of properties for free
14:30:05 <DaveReynolds> Broad approach makes sense to me,  not familiar enough with the details to spot specific problems
14:30:38 <PhilA> fadi?
14:30:44 <PhilA> fadmaa?
14:31:48 <james> HadleyBeeman: administrative issue: Tracker is not tracking ADMS
14:31:49 <[1]MakxDekkers> [1]MakxDekkers has joined #gld
14:33:01 <DaveReynolds> q+
14:33:10 <HadleyBeeman> ack davereynolds
14:33:18 <james> PhilA: not currently necessary to create a tracker for ADMS
14:33:55 <james> DaveReynolds: is there enough time for people to read the new draft before next week, if we need to vote on the ADMS WG note next week?
14:35:36 <james> HadleyBeeman: can we move approval of ADMS to Apr 4?
14:35:53 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
14:36:02 <james> PhilA: will aim to have new version ADMS ready for ��next week
14:36:30 <james> ADMS approval moved to Apr 4
14:36:46 <HadleyBeeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-comments/2013Mar/
14:36:47 <james> Topic: How to get more attention/help on last call docs for "widespread public review" (especially Data Cube)
14:37:17 <james> HadleyBeeman: the above mailing list is part of the evidence of widespread public review
14:38:04 <james> HadleyBeeman: we received feedback for DCAT and ORG, need to get more feedback on DCAT and Cube
14:39:14 <james> bhyland: are there people in our network from other standards bodies who can provide feedback?
14:40:20 <james> suggest OKF lists like http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/data-protocols http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/data-catalogs
14:41:44 <PhilA> q+
14:42:01 <PhilA> ack me
14:42:22 <james> q+
14:42:44 <james> PhilA: who already uses Cube?
14:42:45 <DaveReynolds> q+
14:42:53 <gatemezi> We have also the public vocab list of the W3c
14:43:23 <james> DaveReynolds: Cube used to publish statistics in Ireland and by DERI, EU, etc.
14:44:35 <PhilA> q- DaveReynolds
14:44:41 <PhilA> ack james
14:45:01 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for the draft message
14:45:20 <gatemezi> +1 also for the draft message bhyland
14:46:06 <james> james: can a draft message be sent to GLD list for members to send to appropriate mailing lists, as part of outreach for feedback?
14:46:08 <james> HadleyBeeman: yes
14:46:19 <danbri> regarding review, the next rev of schema.org will have Datasets vocab, ... which is somewhat DCAT-derived. Hopefully we can use that to drum up review comments (and revise in future if DCAT changes)
14:47:25 <Zakim> + +1.571.331.aacc
14:47:26 <Zakim> -bhyland
14:47:40 <bhyland> zakim, aacc is me
14:47:40 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
14:47:41 <HadleyBeeman> q?
14:47:43 <MakxDekkers> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/dcat_application_profile/description
14:47:45 <DaveReynolds> q+
14:48:12 <PhilA> MakxDekkers: was talking about his forthcoming work on developing a profile for DCAT that will be used by data portals in Europe. Details (and invitation to join) at http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/dcat_application_profile/description
14:48:38 <HadleyBeeman> danbri, do you have a mailing list for schema.org we could ask for help?
14:49:09 <gatemezi> This one: public-vocabs@w3.org
14:49:20 <PhilA> gatemezi: beat me to it http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/
14:49:24 <james> DaveReynolds: will propose additional lists within W3C
14:49:26 <james> Topic: Status of ORG and the PROV WG
14:49:38 <DaveReynolds> Should notify at least public-lod@w3.org and semantic-web@w3.org about the LC vocabs
14:50:17 <danbri> yes, public-vocabs
14:50:42 <danbri> there's been some discussion w/ ivan et al., on whether a separate list that is explicitly and only for schema.org would be useful
14:50:46 <PhilA> q+ to ask about UKGovLD
14:52:09 <james> administrative process discussion re: whether ORG is in LC or not
14:52:32 <james> and/or how long ORG has been in LC
14:52:56 <gatemezi> Some other mailing lists : Public List, lod2 <lod2@lists.okfn.org>,  open-government <open-government@lists.okfn.org>,  public-gld-wg <public-gld-wg@w3.org>,  public-egov-ig <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, euopendata@lists.okfn.org,  mydata-open-data@lists.okfn.org, okfn-nl@lists.okfn.org,  school-of-data@lists.okfn.org
14:53:39 <HadleyBeeman> gatemezi, I sent the info to open-government <mailto:open-government@lists.okfn.org>,  public-gld-wg <mailto:public-gld-wg@w3.org>,  public-egov-ig <mailto:public-egov-ig@w3.org>.  The others would be great though.
14:53:59 <james> rough consensus is that ORG is respecting process
14:54:41 <james> DaveReynolds: summarizing the back-and-forth between ORG and PROV around PROV's feedback and responses to GLD's comments
14:54:55 <james> DaveReynolds: waiting to hear back from PROV re: his last response to their comments
14:56:45 <james> HadleyBeeman: will add this point (Status of ORG and the PROV WG) to next week's agenda, to check that we follow up with PROV by then
14:57:39 <james> bhyland: please update GLD wiki page to point to gld comments list, so that it is clear that feedback should go there
14:58:36 <james> HadleyBeeman: the gld comments list has been included in outreach emails and in many of the documents of the deliverables
14:59:27 <HadleyBeeman> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html
14:59:36 <PhilA> q-
14:59:42 <DaveReynolds> q-
15:00:09 <james> ACTION: bhyland to fix the comments email address on the LD glossary document
15:00:09 <trackbot> Created ACTION-106 - Fix the comments email address on the LD glossary document [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2013-03-28].
15:00:46 <HadleyBeeman> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/BP_Timetable
15:00:56 <Zakim> -bhyland
15:01:03 <DaveReynolds> q+
15:01:44 <james> Topic: New publication timetable for Best Practices
15:02:41 <DaveReynolds> q-
15:03:05 <james> HadleyBeeman: may need to push Best Practices timetable back a few days, need to hear from bhyland
15:03:29 <MakxDekkers> +q
15:03:49 <james> MakxDekkers: how many people are coming to Dublin?
15:03:58 <PhilA> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F3
15:04:23 <MakxDekkers> OK thanks
15:04:59 <MakxDekkers> Move me to "expected in person", thanks
15:04:59 <Zakim> -TallTed
15:05:50 <Zakim> -PhilA
15:05:52 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
15:05:54 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld
15:05:54 <Zakim> -gatemezi
15:05:55 <Zakim> -mike_pendleton
15:05:56 <Zakim> -MakxDekkers
15:05:58 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
15:06:01 <Zakim> -martinA
15:06:03 <PhilA> rrsagent, make logs public
15:06:03 <james> rrsagent, set logs world-visible
15:06:03 <martinA> martinA has left #gld
15:06:06 <james> rrsagent, make minutes
15:06:06 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/21-gld-minutes.html james
15:06:27 <Zakim> -MariosMeimaris
15:06:28 <Zakim> -james
15:06:29 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
15:06:30 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:06:30 <Zakim> Attendees were BartvanLeeuwen, HadleyBeeman, PhilA, TallTed, MariosMeimaris, james, DaveReynolds, Sandro, martinA, +35386100aaaa, gld, mike_pendleton, bhyland, +352.6.2.1.1.9.aabb,
15:06:30 <Zakim> ... MakxDekkers, gatemezi, +1.571.331.aacc
15:06:40 <MariosMeimaris> MariosMeimaris has left #gld
15:06:40 <james> james has left #gld
15:39:23 <TallTed> TallTed has joined #gld
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000244