Difference between revisions of "Chatlog 2013-03-21"
From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
(remove unknown person 'gld')
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
13:53:45 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:53:45 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:53:45 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/21-gld-irc
13:53:45 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/21-gld-irc
Revision as of 14:05, 1 April 2013
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
<sandro> guest: Dan (danbri) Brickley 13:53:45 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 13:53:45 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/21-gld-irc 13:53:50 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:53:50 <trackbot> Date: 21 March 2013 13:54:52 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started 13:54:59 <Zakim> +??P4 13:55:05 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??P4 is me 13:55:05 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it 13:56:05 <BartvanLeeuwen> hi HadleyBeeman 13:56:59 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman 13:58:52 <HadleyBeeman> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321 13:59:15 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 13:59:26 <PhilA> PhilA has joined #gld 13:59:37 <MariosMeimaris> MariosMeimaris has joined #gld 13:59:52 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who is on the call 13:59:52 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the call', HadleyBeeman 13:59:57 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here? 13:59:57 <Zakim> On the phone I see BartvanLeeuwen, HadleyBeeman 13:59:58 <Zakim> On IRC I see MariosMeimaris, PhilA, gatemezi, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, bhyland, TallTed, cygri, danbri, sandro, trackbot 14:00:08 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: Gov't Linked Data WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321 14:00:15 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:00:22 <PhilA> zakim, IPcaller is me 14:00:22 <Zakim> +PhilA; got it 14:00:43 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software 14:01:10 <james> james has joined #gld 14:01:16 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:01:22 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld 14:01:26 <MariosMeimaris> zakim, IPcaller is me 14:01:26 <Zakim> +MariosMeimaris; got it 14:01:41 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:02:24 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] #14:02:31 <gld> gld has joined #gld 14:02:40 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen 14:02:46 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here? 14:02:46 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, PhilA, TallTed (muted), MariosMeimaris, james, DaveReynolds 14:02:48 <Zakim> On IRC I see gld, DaveReynolds, james, MariosMeimaris, PhilA, gatemezi, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, bhyland, TallTed, cygri, danbri, sandro, trackbot 14:03:06 <Zakim> +??P4 14:03:13 <sandro> one sec 14:03:13 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p4 is me 14:03:13 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it 14:03:34 <Zakim> +Sandro 14:03:45 <martinA> martinA has joined #gld 14:04:18 <HadleyBeeman> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321 14:04:20 <MariosMeimaris> I've never done it in the past :( 14:04:28 <Zakim> +??P15 14:04:31 <PhilA> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130321 14:04:34 <PhilA> Chair: HadleyBeeman 14:04:39 <PhilA> scribe: james 14:04:40 <MariosMeimaris> Ok thanks! 14:04:42 <martinA> zakim, ??P15 is me 14:04:42 <Zakim> +martinA; got it 14:04:46 <PhilA> scribeNick: james 14:05:09 <PhilA> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-03-14 14:05:09 <Zakim> + +35386100aaaa 14:05:16 <HadleyBeeman> Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-03-14 #14:05:23 <gld> Zakim, aaaa is me #14:05:23 <Zakim> +gld; got it 14:05:26 <james> TOPIC: Acceptance of minutes #14:05:27 <gld> Zakim,mute me #14:05:27 <Zakim> gld should now be muted 14:05:44 <martinA> +1 14:05:44 <Zakim> +mike_pendleton 14:05:50 <MariosMeimaris> +1 14:05:58 <Zakim> +davidwood 14:05:59 <gatemezi> +1 14:06:12 <james> RESOLUTION: Minutes accepted 14:06:15 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me 14:06:15 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it #14:06:28 <sandro> gld? 14:06:42 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld 14:06:59 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld #14:07:04 <sandro> zakim, unmute gld #14:07:04 <Zakim> gld should no longer be muted #14:07:41 <sandro> gld hello?> #14:07:50 <sandro> zakim, drop gld #14:07:50 <Zakim> gld is being disconnected #14:07:51 <Zakim> -gld 14:08:24 <james> TOPIC: How to acknowledge active participants in published documents 14:08:32 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663 14:08:56 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld 14:09:29 <james> sandro: may be unfair to give inactive members equal recognition as active members 14:10:04 <james> … option is to have a section that recognizes active members according to some metric, e.g. activity within past two months 14:10:11 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld 14:10:12 <bhyland> q? 14:10:28 <james> PhilA: do we not use "good standing" anymore? 14:10:43 <bhyland> +agenda, cleaning up the participants list 14:10:44 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld 14:10:46 <james> sandro: "good standing" has been considered too heavy handed in the past 14:11:47 <bhyland> Propose: Anyone who has done specific work (i.e., review, feedback) + attendees in the WG who have attended at least 3 meetings in last quarter 14:11:54 <Zakim> + +3184.108.40.206.1.9.aabb 14:12:09 <HadleyBeeman> +1 14:12:27 <MakxDekkers> zakim, aabb is me 14:12:27 <Zakim> sorry, MakxDekkers, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb' 14:12:33 <sandro> +1 14:12:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 14:12:38 <gatemezi> +1 14:12:42 <PhilA> +1 14:12:43 <TallTed> +1 14:12:43 <martinA> +1 14:12:44 <DaveReynolds> +1 14:12:45 <bhyland> +1 14:12:50 <MariosMeimaris> +1 14:12:57 <james> RESOLVED: Anyone who has done specific work (i.e., review, feedback) + attendees in the WG who have attended at least 3 meetings in last quarter 14:13:30 <sandro> action: sandro determine who meets the current "active participants" bar, for including in publications 14:13:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-105 - Determine who meets the current "active participants" bar, for including in publications [on Sandro Hawke - due 2013-03-28]. 14:14:18 <james> bhyland: a few members have asked to be withdrawn, GLD should do some clean up to remove those members 14:14:56 <james> sandro: there is a software bug in that some members who have left still show up on a list of members 14:15:24 <james> Topic: Seek consensus to transition ADMS to working group note 14:15:28 <PhilA> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Adms 14:15:43 <Zakim> -Sandro 14:16:06 <Mike_Pendleton> muted 14:16:24 <james> PhilA: a lot has changed since the last publication of ADMS, in particular with respect to DCAT 14:17:19 <PhilA> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/ 14:17:50 <james> PhilA: ADMS is, to my knowledge, only used in one place: the above EU platform 14:18:02 <PhilA> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/catalogue/all?keys=css&field_language_textfield_lang_value=&sort_option=date-desc¤t_checkbox=1 14:18:15 <MakxDekkers> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/catalogue/repository/all 14:19:03 <gatemezi> I think also in Neologism? http://neologism.deri.ie/ 14:19:27 <james> PhilA: ADMS was written according to old convention of having a conceptual model and an RDF model 14:19:30 <gatemezi> Correct me if I am wrong, deri folks :- 14:19:48 <james> PhilA: a new ADMS diagram for discussion is at http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Adms, which simplifies the old diagram 14:20:01 <MakxDekkers> There are EU member states that also use it. Need to find references. 14:20:12 <james> PhilA: it uses much more of DCAT (is almost the same), and no longer uses Radion 14:20:53 <james> PhilA: the proposed new ADMS version can be understood as a profile of DCAT, similar to how RegOrg is a profile of ORG 14:21:30 <MakxDekkers> +q 14:21:49 <HadleyBeeman> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/adms/index.html 14:22:07 <james> PhilA: looking for feedback and discussion around the proposed new version 14:22:27 <james> HadleyBeeman: is the editor's draft updated as well? 14:22:34 <james> PhilA: not yet 14:23:20 <PhilA> ack MakxDekkers 14:24:00 <james> MakxDekkers: there seem to be certain things described by ADMS which are not datasets, e.g. a specification document 14:24:20 <HadleyBeeman> Ah, PhilA: I see the confusion. ADMS was scheduled for publication on 26 Mar, which is next week, which implies a consensus today. But I'm sorry we didn't make that clear. We'll go for consensus next then, as just discussed. 14:24:35 <PhilA> DCAT def of a datatset is - This class represents the actual dataset as published by the dataset publisher. In cases where a distinction between the actual dataset and its entry in the catalog is necessary (because metadata such as modification date and maintainer might differ), the catalog record class can be used for the latter. 14:24:56 <PhilA> A collection of data, published or curated by a single source, and available for access or download in one or more formats. 14:25:42 <Zakim> +gatemezi 14:26:37 <james> PhilA: question is, does a spec document count as a dataset, according to the broad definition given by DCAT? 14:29:29 <james> PhilA: people have argued the question both ways, which somewhat opens the door to using DCAT in ADMS 14:29:30 <james> PhilA: if ADMS is a profile of DCAT, it gets a lot of properties for free 14:30:05 <DaveReynolds> Broad approach makes sense to me, not familiar enough with the details to spot specific problems 14:30:38 <PhilA> fadi? 14:30:44 <PhilA> fadmaa? 14:31:48 <james> HadleyBeeman: administrative issue: Tracker is not tracking ADMS 14:31:49 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld 14:33:01 <DaveReynolds> q+ 14:33:10 <HadleyBeeman> ack davereynolds 14:33:18 <james> PhilA: not currently necessary to create a tracker for ADMS 14:33:55 <james> DaveReynolds: is there enough time for people to read the new draft before next week, if we need to vote on the ADMS WG note next week? 14:35:36 <james> HadleyBeeman: can we move approval of ADMS to Apr 4? 14:35:53 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 14:36:02 <james> PhilA: will aim to have new version ADMS ready for ��next week 14:36:30 <james> ADMS approval moved to Apr 4 14:36:46 <HadleyBeeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-comments/2013Mar/ 14:36:47 <james> Topic: How to get more attention/help on last call docs for "widespread public review" (especially Data Cube) 14:37:17 <james> HadleyBeeman: the above mailing list is part of the evidence of widespread public review 14:38:04 <james> HadleyBeeman: we received feedback for DCAT and ORG, need to get more feedback on DCAT and Cube 14:39:14 <james> bhyland: are there people in our network from other standards bodies who can provide feedback? 14:40:20 <james> suggest OKF lists like http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/data-protocols http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/data-catalogs 14:41:44 <PhilA> q+ 14:42:01 <PhilA> ack me 14:42:22 <james> q+ 14:42:44 <james> PhilA: who already uses Cube? 14:42:45 <DaveReynolds> q+ 14:42:53 <gatemezi> We have also the public vocab list of the W3c 14:43:23 <james> DaveReynolds: Cube used to publish statistics in Ireland and by DERI, EU, etc. 14:44:35 <PhilA> q- DaveReynolds 14:44:41 <PhilA> ack james 14:45:01 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for the draft message 14:45:20 <gatemezi> +1 also for the draft message bhyland 14:46:06 <james> james: can a draft message be sent to GLD list for members to send to appropriate mailing lists, as part of outreach for feedback? 14:46:08 <james> HadleyBeeman: yes 14:46:19 <danbri> regarding review, the next rev of schema.org will have Datasets vocab, ... which is somewhat DCAT-derived. Hopefully we can use that to drum up review comments (and revise in future if DCAT changes) 14:47:25 <Zakim> + +1.571.331.aacc 14:47:26 <Zakim> -bhyland 14:47:40 <bhyland> zakim, aacc is me 14:47:40 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 14:47:41 <HadleyBeeman> q? 14:47:43 <MakxDekkers> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/dcat_application_profile/description 14:47:45 <DaveReynolds> q+ 14:48:12 <PhilA> MakxDekkers: was talking about his forthcoming work on developing a profile for DCAT that will be used by data portals in Europe. Details (and invitation to join) at http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/dcat_application_profile/description 14:48:38 <HadleyBeeman> danbri, do you have a mailing list for schema.org we could ask for help? 14:49:09 <gatemezi> This one: email@example.com 14:49:20 <PhilA> gatemezi: beat me to it http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/ 14:49:24 <james> DaveReynolds: will propose additional lists within W3C 14:49:26 <james> Topic: Status of ORG and the PROV WG 14:49:38 <DaveReynolds> Should notify at least firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com about the LC vocabs 14:50:17 <danbri> yes, public-vocabs 14:50:42 <danbri> there's been some discussion w/ ivan et al., on whether a separate list that is explicitly and only for schema.org would be useful 14:50:46 <PhilA> q+ to ask about UKGovLD 14:52:09 <james> administrative process discussion re: whether ORG is in LC or not 14:52:32 <james> and/or how long ORG has been in LC 14:52:56 <gatemezi> Some other mailing lists : Public List, lod2 <firstname.lastname@example.org>, open-government <email@example.com>, public-gld-wg <firstname.lastname@example.org>, public-egov-ig <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com 14:53:39 <HadleyBeeman> gatemezi, I sent the info to open-government <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, public-gld-wg <mailto:email@example.com>, public-egov-ig <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. The others would be great though. 14:53:59 <james> rough consensus is that ORG is respecting process 14:54:41 <james> DaveReynolds: summarizing the back-and-forth between ORG and PROV around PROV's feedback and responses to GLD's comments 14:54:55 <james> DaveReynolds: waiting to hear back from PROV re: his last response to their comments 14:56:45 <james> HadleyBeeman: will add this point (Status of ORG and the PROV WG) to next week's agenda, to check that we follow up with PROV by then 14:57:39 <james> bhyland: please update GLD wiki page to point to gld comments list, so that it is clear that feedback should go there 14:58:36 <james> HadleyBeeman: the gld comments list has been included in outreach emails and in many of the documents of the deliverables 14:59:27 <HadleyBeeman> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html 14:59:36 <PhilA> q- 14:59:42 <DaveReynolds> q- 15:00:09 <james> ACTION: bhyland to fix the comments email address on the LD glossary document 15:00:09 <trackbot> Created ACTION-106 - Fix the comments email address on the LD glossary document [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2013-03-28]. 15:00:46 <HadleyBeeman> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/BP_Timetable 15:00:56 <Zakim> -bhyland 15:01:03 <DaveReynolds> q+ 15:01:44 <james> Topic: New publication timetable for Best Practices 15:02:41 <DaveReynolds> q- 15:03:05 <james> HadleyBeeman: may need to push Best Practices timetable back a few days, need to hear from bhyland 15:03:29 <MakxDekkers> +q 15:03:49 <james> MakxDekkers: how many people are coming to Dublin? 15:03:58 <PhilA> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F3 15:04:23 <MakxDekkers> OK thanks 15:04:59 <MakxDekkers> Move me to "expected in person", thanks 15:04:59 <Zakim> -TallTed 15:05:50 <Zakim> -PhilA 15:05:52 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen 15:05:54 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld 15:05:54 <Zakim> -gatemezi 15:05:55 <Zakim> -mike_pendleton 15:05:56 <Zakim> -MakxDekkers 15:05:58 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds 15:06:01 <Zakim> -martinA 15:06:03 <PhilA> rrsagent, make logs public 15:06:03 <james> rrsagent, set logs world-visible 15:06:03 <martinA> martinA has left #gld 15:06:06 <james> rrsagent, make minutes 15:06:06 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/21-gld-minutes.html james 15:06:27 <Zakim> -MariosMeimaris 15:06:28 <Zakim> -james 15:06:29 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman 15:06:30 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 15:06:30 <Zakim> Attendees were BartvanLeeuwen, HadleyBeeman, PhilA, TallTed, MariosMeimaris, james, DaveReynolds, Sandro, martinA, +35386100aaaa, gld, mike_pendleton, bhyland, +3220.127.116.11.1.9.aabb, 15:06:30 <Zakim> ... MakxDekkers, gatemezi, +1.571.331.aacc 15:06:40 <MariosMeimaris> MariosMeimaris has left #gld 15:06:40 <james> james has left #gld 15:39:23 <TallTed> TallTed has joined #gld # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000244