Chatlog 2012-05-03

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 14:10, 17 May 2012 by Bhyland (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:01:24 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:01:24 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/03-gld-irc
14:01:26 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:01:26 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
14:01:28 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:01:28 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:01:29 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:01:29 <trackbot> Date: 03 May 2012
14:01:30 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
14:02:15 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
14:02:55 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
14:03:00 <Zakim> +gatemezi
14:03:15 <cygri> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:15 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, +3539149aaaa, Sandro, mhausenblas, gatemezi
14:03:17 <Zakim> +??P29
14:03:39 <cygri> zakim, mhausenblas is temporarily me
14:03:39 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
14:03:50 <fadmaa> Zakim, +35391 is me
14:03:50 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
14:04:33 <cygri> scribe: cygri
14:04:54 <gatemezi> +1
14:04:56 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
14:04:56 <cygri> topic: Admin
14:04:57 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: Government Linked Data (GLD) WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120503
14:04:59 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
14:05:08 <cygri> PROPOSAL: accept last meetings' minutes
14:05:16 <cygri> RESOLUTION: accept last meetings' minutes
14:05:52 <cygri> minutes were here: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-04-26
14:06:04 <fadmaa> zakim, unmute me
14:06:04 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
14:06:11 <George> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-comments/2012Apr/0028.html
14:06:17 <cygri> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120503
14:06:23 <cygri> chair: George Thomas
14:06:38 <cygri> topic: Main Vocab Agenda: DCAT
14:07:21 <sandro> cygri: What I've been saying about this is "Oh Yeah, We'll be looking intot this...   as part of void or dcat or something."
14:07:31 <sandro> ... This needs to be worked out.    Some people have looked at this
14:07:50 <sandro> ... semantic CKAN, which unfort. is defunct now.  It was emitting both -- we can look at how they did it.
14:08:08 <sandro> ... I don't have a clear answer on how they can use them together.
14:08:19 <sandro> ... that should be published as part of one or the other.
14:08:35 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
14:08:55 <cygri> George: do we want to do this in GLD? or do we defer to void?
14:09:01 <sandro> q+
14:09:27 <cygri> ack sandro
14:09:31 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen
14:09:56 <gatemezi> I suggest we have the discussion in GLD..
14:10:12 <cygri> sandro: procedurally, it would fall on void to explain how they work together because void is not on REC track and hence not so stable
14:10:13 <cygri> q+
14:10:19 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
14:10:19 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, fadmaa, Sandro, cygri, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, BenediktKaempgen
14:10:22 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, cygri, gatemezi, Zakim, RRSAgent, fadmaa, MacTed, DaveReynolds, George, danbri_, rreck, trackbot, sandro
14:10:46 <fadmaa> zakim, mute me
14:10:46 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
14:12:51 <sandro> q?
14:12:57 <sandro> ack cygri 
14:15:53 <cygri> sandro: GLD should probably address it somehow, because people already use void
14:16:04 <George> i'll ping the CKAN list and see when semantic.ckan.net might be back
14:16:35 <George> then we'll use how it emits both DCAT and VOID to seed a GLD wiki page on the topic
14:17:04 <George> cygri: start with a wiki page and collect the obvious material - dcat example, void example, some options
14:17:42 <George> sandro: start with ReSpec?
14:17:54 <George> cygri: what are the possible/desired outcomes?
14:18:55 <George> sandro: could be a working group note instead
14:19:24 <George> cygri: separate doc is overkill - preference is to put this in the void note
14:19:47 <George> ... could setup a void ED soon
14:19:58 <George> ... but start with wiki to iterate a bit
14:20:29 <gatemezi> +1 to create a wiki page
14:20:40 <cygri> ACTION: cygri to create wiki page for void-dcat mapping
14:20:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Create wiki page for void-dcat mapping [on Richard Cyganiak - due 2012-05-10].
14:21:09 <cygri> topic: DCAT Product Tracker http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/2
14:21:16 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/39
14:21:27 <cygri> topic: DCAT Product Tracker Actions/Issues
14:22:25 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/68
14:22:36 <cygri> cygri: i'll update DERI dcat page to point to the WD
14:24:15 <cygri> ACTION: sandro to put in place proper HTML and RDF for the dcat namespace
14:24:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-70 - Put in place proper HTML and RDF for the dcat namespace [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-05-10].
14:24:52 <fadmaa> zakim, unmute me
14:24:52 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
14:24:59 <fadmaa> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/2
14:25:51 <sandro> issue-7?
14:25:51 <trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- Drop dcat:accessUrl, use the URI of the dcat:Download resource instead -- raised
14:25:51 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/7
14:25:51 <fadmaa> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/7
14:26:41 <cygri> fadmaa: on ISSUE-7, this is an old issue, i think olyerickson tried to follow up with edsu and got no reply
14:26:52 <cygri> DaveReynolds: i thought we saw a response from Ed?
14:26:54 <cygri> q+
14:27:17 <sandro> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2012Mar/0092.html
14:27:18 <cygri> george: really?
14:30:03 <DaveReynolds> +1 to cygri - propose resolutions ahead of time to allow for discussion and preparation
14:30:53 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld
14:31:09 <cygri> cygri: it would be helpful to propose resolutions before via email and have them explicitly on the agenda
14:31:23 <cygri> george: yes, and it would be good if editors are prepared to address issues
14:31:48 <cygri> sandro: i think it makes sense to close the loop with ed. tell him to please come back to the WG if you care
14:32:43 <cygri> DaveReynolds: edsu offered to join a meeting where these issues are discussed. john's reply didn't respond to that
14:33:03 <cygri> george: we'll ping him
14:33:23 <cygri> ACTION: george to ping Ed Summers regarding DCAT ISSUE-7/8/9
14:33:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Ping Ed Summers regarding DCAT ISSUE-7/8/9 [on George Thomas - due 2012-05-10].
14:33:37 <cygri> ACTION-71?
14:33:37 <trackbot> ACTION-71 -- George Thomas to ping Ed Summers regarding DCAT ISSUE-7/8/9 -- due 2012-05-10 -- OPEN
14:33:37 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/71
14:34:28 <cygri> sandro: should dcat be on the agenda for every vocabulary call, or every *other* vocab call?
14:34:49 <cygri> ... we'd like him to participate in more than one meeting
14:35:29 <fadmaa> +1
14:35:41 <George> q?
14:35:55 <cygri> ack me
14:35:55 <fadmaa> q+
14:36:19 <gatemezi> @Sandro: you mean having at least one dcat call per month? 
14:37:02 <George> fadmaa: Rufus from CKAN has some DCAT input
14:37:11 <cygri> fadmaa: i got some personal feedback from Rufus Pollock
14:37:20 <George> sandro: he should send an email to the public GLD WG list with his feedback.
14:37:35 <cygri> sandro: ask him to mail the GLD WG public comments list and the WG will add to the issue tracker system.
14:38:04 <cygri> fadmaa: he suggested to distinguish mandatory and optional properties
14:38:19 <cygri> ... so consumers can be sure that some basic properties will be present
14:38:42 <cygri> ... and he suggested to drop some properties because they are underspecified
14:39:14 <cygri> ... things like dataQuality or dataDictionary
14:39:41 <cygri> ... vague definitions don't help much, and precise definitions might require more work and might be out of scope
14:39:50 <cygri> ... i found this reasonable
14:40:00 <cygri> q+
14:40:14 <cygri> george: so should something like dataDictionary be optional, or completely removed?
14:40:24 <cygri> fadmaa: he says completely removed/deprecated
14:40:35 <George> ack fadmaa 
14:42:09 <cygri> ack me
14:44:45 <cygri> cygri: defining something like "minimally complete record" is probably good
14:45:13 <cygri> george: this might relate to the new Linked Data Protocol work
14:45:44 <cygri> ... you want to say, here are properties that you can expect
14:46:05 <cygri> ... on dataDictionary, it's possible that the CKAN folks don't find it useful, but we find it useful on data.gov
14:48:50 <gatemezi> So maybe we can provide in the usage page here http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#property--data-dictionary how useful is on data.gov
14:51:29 <George> q?
14:52:38 <George> cygri: conversations regarding DCAT as JSON-LD 
14:53:06 <George> ... need to have an answer to 'can you use DCAT with JSON-LD?' kind of thing
14:53:42 <George> DaveReynolds: specific to JSON-LD? what about Talis JSON-RDF?
14:56:56 <cygri> (discussion on RDF in JSON)
14:58:08 <gatemezi> JSON-LD unofficial Draft here.. http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-syntax/
14:58:24 <DaveReynolds> +1 to cygri, vocabularies should be agnostic to RDF serializations
14:59:26 <sandro> note that http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-primer/ has every example in FIVE syntaxes, with toggles.
14:59:49 <cygri> sandro: the owl2 primer has all examples in five different syntaxes with a JS picker. we might want to do something like this
15:00:10 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
15:00:13 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, fadmaa, Sandro, cygri, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, BenediktKaempgen
15:00:31 <rreck> like i said i couldnt call in
15:01:56 <sandro> W3C Members, please give feedback on http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter -- AC Members, please vote now.
15:01:58 <Zakim> -cygri
15:02:06 <Zakim> -fadmaa
15:02:09 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld
15:02:13 <cygri> RRSAgent, make minutes public
15:02:13 <RRSAgent> I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', cygri.  Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:02:17 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
15:02:17 <gatemezi> -gatemezin
15:02:18 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
15:02:20 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:02:24 <gatemezi> -gatemezi
15:02:24 <Zakim> -George
15:02:25 <cygri> RRSAgent, make logs public
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000151