Chatlog 2012-04-19

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:51:29 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:51:29 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-irc
13:51:31 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:51:31 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
13:51:33 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
13:51:33 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
13:51:34 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:51:34 <trackbot> Date: 19 April 2012
13:56:12 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld
13:56:18 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
13:56:27 <Zakim> + +3539149aaaa
13:56:35 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaaa is me
13:56:35 <Zakim> +mhausenblas; got it
13:56:50 <luis_bermudez> luis_bermudez has joined #gld
13:58:17 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aabb
13:58:27 <Zakim> +George_Thomas
13:58:34 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: Government Linked Data (GLD) WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120419
13:58:43 <boris> boris has joined #gld
13:58:52 <Zakim> +Sandro
13:58:55 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aabb is luis_bermudez 
13:58:55 <Zakim> +luis_bermudez; got it
13:59:22 <George> George has joined #gld
13:59:38 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
13:59:50 <Zakim> +davidwood
13:59:58 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
13:59:58 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
14:00:26 <Zakim> + +49.721.aacc
14:00:30 <luis_bermudez> scribe:luis_bermudez
14:00:44 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aadd
14:00:52 <luis_bermudez> chair: Bernadette
14:00:53 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
14:00:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, luis_bermudez, George_Thomas, Sandro, bhyland, +49.721.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd
14:00:55 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, George, boris, luis_bermudez, fadmaa, Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, mhausenblas, bhyland, danbri_, trackbot, sandro
14:01:07 <Zakim> + +3539149aaee
14:01:24 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, aacc is BenediktKaempgen
14:01:24 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
14:01:36 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has joined #gld
14:01:42 <DeirdreLee> DeirdreLee has joined #gld
14:01:42 <bhyland> zakim, aaee is fadmaa
14:01:42 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
14:01:47 <BenediktKaempgen> hello
14:02:02 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
14:02:06 <bhyland> +1
14:02:17 <bhyland> Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-04-05
14:02:18 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-04-05
14:02:23 <mhausenblas> +1
14:02:26 <bhyland> +1
14:02:34 <Mike_Pendleton> +1
14:02:35 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
14:02:39 <Zakim> +??P22
14:02:42 <luis_bermudez> RESOLUTION: approved Minutes
14:02:42 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
14:02:46 <fadmaa> Zakim, +3539 is DeirdreLee 
14:02:48 <martinAlvarez> zakim, ??p2 is me
14:02:50 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
14:03:08 <luis_bermudez> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120412
14:03:09 <Zakim> sorry, fadmaa, I do not recognize a party named '+3539'
14:03:11 <Zakim> +martinAlvarez; got it
14:03:23 <Zakim> +??P25
14:03:37 <gatemezi> Zakim, who's here?
14:03:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, luis_bermudez, George_Thomas, Sandro, bhyland, BenediktKaempgen, +1.202.566.aadd, fadmaa, martinAlvarez, DaveReynolds (muted)
14:03:42 <Zakim> On IRC I see gatemezi, DaveReynolds, Mike_Pendleton, DeirdreLee, martinAlvarez, BenediktKaempgen, George, boris, luis_bermudez, fadmaa, Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, mhausenblas,
14:03:51 <Zakim> ... bhyland, danbri_, trackbot, sandro
14:03:51 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: opportunities to liaise 
14:03:54 <martinAlvarez> zakim, mute me
14:04:04 <Zakim> martinAlvarez should now be muted
14:04:09 <Zakim> +??P30
14:04:16 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD
14:04:20 <boris> zakim, ??P30 is me
14:04:21 <Zakim> +boris; got it
14:04:50 <bhyland> NISO Webinar on Schema.org and Linked Data, speaker: Danbri. 25-April-2012 @ 13.00 US ET, see http://www.niso.org/news/events/2012/dcmi/linked_data/#registration
14:04:59 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aaff
14:05:11 <Zakim> + +1.757.604.aagg
14:05:31 <GeraldSteeman> Zakim, aagg is me.
14:05:33 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it
14:05:41 <fadmaa>  q+
14:05:56 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Working Draft
14:06:05 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking?
14:06:16 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fadmaa (63%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (20%)
14:07:42 <bhyland> wow fadmaa, thanks for raising this issue re: DCAT
14:08:00 <DaveReynolds> Yes, org and data cube are both live and up to date. Though only org is in a w3c namespace.
14:08:08 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
14:08:13 <luis_bermudez> ??: no possible to get ontology representation of DCAT
14:09:00 <Zakim> +??P36
14:09:12 <Yigal> zakim, ??p36 is me
14:09:12 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
14:09:15 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: fadmaa to work on ontology and namespace
14:09:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Work on ontology and namespace [on Fadi Maali - due 2012-04-26].
14:09:40 <George> q?
14:09:44 <George> ack fadmaa 
14:11:16 <cgueret> cgueret has joined #gld
14:12:24 <luis_bermudez> DaveReynolds: Tracked minor changes as actions. No main issues were raised.
14:13:10 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Terms_for_describing_people
14:14:24 <luis_bermudez> mhausenblas: Collecting feedback. Need to structure it better.
14:15:01 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Best Practices Deliverable
14:16:06 <BenediktKaempgen> q+
14:16:07 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Working on it. Expect review on April.
14:18:03 <BenediktKaempgen> asking about ld cookbook
14:18:19 <luis_bermudez> sandro: Provenance - Advanced discussion on the Semantic Web coordination meeting  related to proper modeling agents.
14:19:25 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: 2 weeks ago there was a related action item. Need further discussion
14:19:33 <George> q?
14:19:37 <George> ack BenediktKaempgen 
14:20:55 <bhyland> Question by Benedikt referencing email to public list "Feedback on Ingredients for High Quality Linked Data section of Linked Data Cookbook
14:20:55 <bhyland> 	Date: 	April 16, 2012 10:28:20 AM EDT
14:21:37 <bhyland> @Benedikt, by all means please respond with links to paper & guidance.  Please respond to public-gld-comments as I'd like to read it too :-)
14:22:08 <luis_bermudez> BenediktKaempgen: Question about responding to an email from Charles M. Heazel related to  the best practice document and business rules. Is is ok to respond ?
14:22:18 <George> http://datacoalition.org/
14:22:42 <Zakim> + +91.80.67.84.aahh
14:22:56 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks George!
14:23:25 <George> q?
14:23:34 <Zakim> +??P9
14:24:03 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
14:24:06 <bhyland> zakim, P9 is cgueret
14:24:06 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'P9'
14:24:55 <boris> zakim, ??P9 is cgueret
14:24:55 <Zakim> +cgueret; got it
14:24:56 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Engagement discussion
14:25:55 <luis_bermudez> George: break out groups - meeting biweekly ?
14:27:38 <George> zakim, aahh is Biplav 
14:27:38 <Zakim> +Biplav; got it
14:28:47 <fadmaa> +1 to alternate weeks between vocabularies and other deliverables
14:28:54 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to bhyland suggestion
14:28:56 <cgueret> +1 too
14:28:59 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 to Bernadette's suggestion
14:29:02 <boris> +1 too
14:29:02 <mhausenblas> +1
14:29:04 <gatemezi> +1 
14:29:06 <martinAlvarez> +1
14:29:10 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Alternate weeks and focus the discussion, while increasing enthusiasm and momentum, based on 2 types of efforts: vocabulary development and best practices cookbooks.
14:29:50 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: How to make this more effective and super fun ?
14:29:59 <fadmaa> q+
14:30:23 <bhyland> Suggestion: Narrow the focus on the weekly meetings.  
14:30:49 <fadmaa> Zakim, ack me
14:30:49 <Zakim> I see no one on the speaker queue
14:30:51 <bhyland> fadmaa: Consider doing more comprehensive coverage of a given topic rather than rushing in favor of time
14:31:52 <bhyland> q+
14:32:47 <luis_bermudez> George: Seems that there is support for alternating deliverable topcis. Do we have support for breakout groups to get together in addition to the weekly calls. Maybe having a focused breakout call every other week.
14:33:01 <bhyland> George: Is anyone in favor of break out groups to engage in deeper a discussion, to better prepare for the bi-weekly focused calls?
14:33:33 <Biplav> +1, with a comment. Breakout, focused call is a good idea.
14:34:05 <DaveReynolds> q+
14:34:09 <bhyland> ack
14:34:13 <DaveReynolds> ack me
14:34:21 <bhyland> ack me
14:35:15 <bhyland> DaveReynolds: Use email as the "breakout" group for discussion.  Use the core time on a telecon to make actual discussions.  Recommend using email more actively.
14:35:16 <bhyland> +1
14:35:25 <DaveReynolds> zakim,  mute me
14:35:25 <Zakim> DaveReynolds should now be muted
14:35:35 <luis_bermudez> DaveReynolds: Breakout groups can interact via email. Calls used for consolidation. 
14:36:54 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to alternate week calls + breakout mails
14:37:17 <bhyland> +1
14:37:20 <sandro> +1 only do breakout calls when it seems necessary under the circumstances
14:37:27 <mhausenblas> +1
14:37:28 <fadmaa> +1
14:37:28 <cgueret> +1
14:37:31 <gatemezi> +1
14:37:32 <boris> +º
14:37:34 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 only do BCs when nec
14:37:38 <DaveReynolds> +1 only breakout calls if needed, not as routine
14:37:39 <boris> +1
14:37:46 <luis_bermudez> +1 DaveReynolds: Breakout groups can interact via email. Calls used for consolidation. 
14:38:29 <George> q?
14:39:32 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Speakers are welcome to participate at the GLD-WG meetings. Ideas are welcome.
14:40:07 <George> q?
14:40:16 <Biplav> q+
14:40:43 <bhyland> Please think about what people in your broader network are producers or consumers of LOD that could speak with this group to stimulate thinking, use cases and provide input that will improve the output of this group.
14:41:28 <luis_bermudez> George: Any other ideas to increase visibility of the work with other communities?
14:41:33 <bhyland> Biplav: Do we have a small, concise deck we share for our communcations about GLD WG
14:41:36 <bhyland> q+
14:41:52 <George> ack Biplav 
14:41:53 <luis_bermudez> Biplav: Is there is a small presentation that we can use to present in meetings?
14:42:04 <George> ack bhyland 
14:42:20 <Biplav> q+
14:43:05 <George> ack Bi
14:43:08 <bhyland> zakim, ack me
14:43:08 <Zakim> I see no one on the speaker queue
14:43:20 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: bhyland to send presentation
14:43:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Send presentation [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2012-04-26].
14:44:40 <luis_bermudez> Biplav: Important to have a consistent message and advertising in new areas all over the world.
14:45:06 <bhyland> Biplav: Supports (unofficially) both IBM and emerging countries and it would be good to have a consistent message on the benefits, uses, etc of government use of & publication of LOD
14:45:08 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Announcements
14:46:16 <bhyland> Next F2F in conjunction with http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012 in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon
14:46:24 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld
14:46:25 <BenediktKaempgen> most likely, I will be at EDF presenting PlanetData work in the hackathon
14:46:44 <bhyland> @Danbri, do you want to say anything about: NISO Webinar on Schema.org and Linked Data, speaker: Danbri. 25-April-2012 @ 13.00 US ET, see http://www.niso.org/news/events/2012/dcmi/linked_data/#registration
14:46:51 <bhyland> Was mentioned in today's call ...
14:47:21 <danbri> just... come along if you're interested in how schema.org will fit into the Linked Data world. But i'll also post slides in a few days...
14:48:01 <BenediktKaempgen> EDF hackathon http://data-forum.eu/program/hackathon
14:48:01 <George> q?
14:48:12 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: BenediktKaempgen to put link about presentation when available
14:48:12 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - BenediktKaempgen
14:48:33 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman
14:49:44 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: BenediktKaempgen to put link about presentation when available
14:49:44 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - BenediktKaempgen
14:49:53 <bhyland> So yes, Biplav confirms native support of RDF for DB2 is a very important announcement/commitment by IBM.
14:51:31 <BenediktKaempgen> EDF = European Data Forum 2012 
14:52:36 <George> q?
14:54:13 <luis_bermudez> George: Next Thursday Focus?
14:54:19 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Review Best Practices and community directory.
14:55:24 <George> q?
14:56:58 <DaveReynolds> bye, thanks
14:57:05 <Zakim> - +1.202.566.aadd
14:57:06 <Zakim> -Sandro
14:57:06 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
14:57:06 <cgueret> bye
14:57:07 <Zakim> -martinAlvarez
14:57:07 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
14:57:08 <Zakim> -bhyland
14:57:09 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks George
14:57:09 <Zakim> -fadmaa
14:57:14 <Zakim> -Yigal
14:57:15 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
14:57:16 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
14:57:17 <Zakim> -George_Thomas
14:57:17 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has left #gld
14:57:21 <gatemezi> -gatemezi
14:57:22 <Zakim> -boris
14:57:23 <Zakim> -cgueret
14:57:27 <George> luis_bermudez: are you okay to complete the minutes?
14:57:31 <luis_bermudez> rrsagent, generate minutes
14:57:31 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html luis_bermudez
14:58:36 <Zakim> -Biplav
14:59:25 <luis_bermudez> rrsagent, generate minutes
14:59:25 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html luis_bermudez
15:00:16 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
15:02:55 <lbermude2> lbermude2 has joined #gld
15:03:24 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 
15:03:38 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes 
15:03:38 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:04:02 <lbermude2> George - the minutes are not available at the http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html
15:04:07 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes 
15:04:07 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:05:22 <Zakim> -luis_bermudez
15:05:29 <Zakim> - +33.4.93.00.aaff
15:05:30 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:05:30 <Zakim> Attendees were +3539149aaaa, mhausenblas, +1.267.481.aabb, George_Thomas, Sandro, luis_bermudez, bhyland, +49.721.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +3539149aaee, BenediktKaempgen, fadmaa,
15:05:30 <Zakim> ... martinAlvarez, DaveReynolds, boris, +33.4.93.00.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, GeraldSteeman, Yigal, +91.80.67.84.aahh, cgueret, Biplav
15:06:33 <lbermude2> Chair: George
15:06:45 <lbermude2> rrsagent, generate minutes
15:06:45 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html lbermude2
15:08:36 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld
17:22:33 <Zakim> Zakim has left #gld
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000241